In search of "short" center channel - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #31 of 34 Old 11-18-2019, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3111 Post(s)
Liked: 2899
This for the top of your TV?

https://www.amazon.com/WALI-Streamin...SIN=B077PF4HNT

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 11-18-2019, 02:43 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Statz View Post
Phantom centre is always an option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitlet View Post
That's how I've been doing it for two years since I got this TV and the stand. It works decent however vocals do get drowned out a lot, and my receiver doesn't have any way to let me boost the phantom center. Unless there's a way around that... It's an Onkyo rz610

Honestly, a compromised (as in small) center channel speaker isn't the answer.

"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."
post #33 of 34 Old 11-18-2019, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7766 Post(s)
Liked: 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitlet View Post
That is a good point. But the ones I have are metal. I could have taller ones made, but that might get pricey. Plus, the two pieces of wood dividing the center space are technically load bearing too. Not sure how much but that honestly involves a lot more than I want. At that point I'd just get another stand lol
Cheaper than buying a new stand, and better than tolerating some POS little housewife-pleasing slimline center with 2" woofers = rent an electric circular saw (or jigsaw) from Home Depot. Cut the top shelf in two places as well as the two wood dividers in the middle to make enough space for you to fit an Emotiva C2 in the center, with the TV resting directly on it.

If you measure well there will be so little gap between the C2 and the cut-off top shelf that nobody will notice, especially not when the lights are off.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 Old 11-18-2019, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 34
@zieglj01 had the perfect solution. Under $40, multiple height options for any size center, and no need to fuss with the tv stand.

Marantz SR7013, Polk Signature S60s/S30/S15s/HTS12s, Polk MC80 (x4), AC Infinity T9/S9, AAB4 HTPC, Panasonic DP-UB420K...still to come - 82"-85" 4K QLED or eqv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page