Monitor Audio Bronze 2 vs. Elac B6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
  • 2 Post By raceredmustang
  • 3 Post By _tk

post #1 of 7 Old 11-20-2019, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Cool Monitor Audio Bronze 2 vs. Elac B6

I've owned the Elac B6 bookshelf speakers since they were introduced. They sound just fine and I've been very pleased with them. The problem is I am watching a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze 2 speakers go on sale and I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger and buy them. I've read reviews here and there and they are well received throughout the audio community. Just wondering if it's worth replacing the B6's with these. Thoughts and comments would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-20-2019, 08:09 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 250 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7754 Post(s)
Liked: 5872
The first gen ELAC speakers were sometimes criticized for a lack of detail, which the second generation supposedly fixed. If so, I think the MA Bronze would be an upgrade.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #3 of 7 Old 11-20-2019, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 708 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Both are reviewed as being on the brighter side of neutral, which is great for HT but not as much for music
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-20-2019, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO734 View Post
I've owned the Elac B6 bookshelf speakers since they were introduced. They sound just fine and I've been very pleased with them. The problem is I am watching a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze 2 speakers go on sale and I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger and buy them. I've read reviews here and there and they are well received throughout the audio community. Just wondering if it's worth replacing the B6's with these. Thoughts and comments would be much appreciated. Thanks.
I can’t comment on the Elac speakers, but I do own the Bronze 2. I also own MA Silver 8, Silver 2, and Klipsch RP speakers. The Bronze 2 are exceptional speakers at their price point, imo. They are much better than some previous speakers I have owned at a similar price. Just my 2 cents.
Vikram Iyengar and gajCA like this.

2 channel : Anthem Integrated 225, Bluesound Node 2i, Monitor Audio Silver 8, PSA S1500, Marantz SA8005,
HT: Yamaha RX-A1060, Klipsch RP-260, Polk RTIA1 rears, RP-450C, PSA S1812, Onkyo C-S5VL
Office: Yamaha A-S701, Bluesound Node 2, Monitor Audio Silver 2, SVS SB12-NSD, Marantz CD6006
post #5 of 7 Old 11-21-2019, 06:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Add paradigm to your shortlist , check with your local dealer since They're having the annual saleI see the paradigm monitor se atom on sale for $200 everywheres

Speakers: KEF Q100, Q300, Q750, Q650C, Q50a / Fluance Signature Series/ DCM TP160S-CH Subwoofers: Outlaw Ultra X12 (x2) / BIC H100-IIReceiver: Denon AVR-X4500H, AVR-X1400H Integrated Amplifier: Yamaha A-S501/ Fosi Audio TPA3116 mini amp Extras: MiniDSP Umik-1 Amplifier: Emotiva BasX-A300 Next Speakers: Triangle BR03, Revel Concerta2 M16, KEF LS50, Dynaudio Emit M20, Buchardt S400, Triangle Comet ez, KEF R3
post #6 of 7 Old 11-21-2019, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I've owned a pair of Paradigm Mini Monitor II speakers that I thought were impressive. I forgot to mention that this is strictly for a 2ch. set up. I don't mind if the speakers are little bright since I can make some adjustments with the preamp. I think what I'll do next is go audition a pair at my local retailer and hear them for myself. So far it's looking pretty good.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-22-2019, 09:46 AM
_tk
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 652 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO734 View Post
I've owned a pair of Paradigm Mini Monitor II speakers that I thought were impressive. I forgot to mention that this is strictly for a 2ch. set up. I don't mind if the speakers are little bright since I can make some adjustments with the preamp. I think what I'll do next is go audition a pair at my local retailer and hear them for myself. So far it's looking pretty good.
The Monitors won't put out the bass that the original Elac B6's will. They also might not have the same "warmth" the B6's have.

Since this is for 2 channel, I don't know how much of an upgrade this will be for you unless you really don't like the B6 sound signature. Just as you can adjust "brightness" with the Monitors you could do the same with the Elac's (just bump treble up a bit, look into the tweeter grill mod, etc).

Personally, I'd save my money and see what the Debut Reference bookshelf is like first. Or, make the jump to the Monitor Silver series where you are getting a better tweeter.
Lp85253, Leon! and RWetmore like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page