• 1 Post By gajCA

post #1 of 3 Old 11-30-2019, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Upgrade front speakers

Hi all,
Ive been using deftech Pro Monitor 1000s and a pro center 2000 for a few years now. Im looking to upgrade my AVR to accommodate my new 4K tv and have been thinking about upgrading front left and rights as well and move to a 7.1 system.

I want to move the pro monitor 1000s to the surrounds and get new on wall speakers to replace them. I really like definitive technology and would like to stay with them. I was looking at the mythos 9 series but it looks like they have been discontinued. Any suggestions? I need an on wall speaker since i have a kid. I want to keep the pro center 2000 since i recently upgraded to that.

Ideally id love some mythos 10 speakers since they use the same size driver (5 1/4) however those are also discontinued.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-30-2019, 09:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2983 Post(s)
Liked: 2749
Golden Ear? Same guy was the driving force behind both companies, and their products show some striking similarities.

What's your budget (and what is it supposed to buy)? How far away do you sit? What are you using for a sub? What make/model of receiver?

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-01-2019, 12:31 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9387 Post(s)
Liked: 6469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel155 View Post
Hi all,
Ive been using deftech Pro Monitor 1000s and a pro center 2000 for a few years now. Im looking to upgrade my AVR to accommodate my new 4K tv and have been thinking about upgrading front left and rights as well and move to a 7.1 system.

I want to move the pro monitor 1000s to the surrounds and get new on wall speakers to replace them. I really like definitive technology and would like to stay with them. I was looking at the mythos 9 series but it looks like they have been discontinued. Any suggestions? I need an on wall speaker since i have a kid. I want to keep the pro center 2000 since i recently upgraded to that.

Ideally id love some mythos 10 speakers since they use the same size driver (5 1/4) however those are also discontinued.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance .
Mythos 9 still available:

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-Zaa1Qb...RoCzv4QAvD_BwE
RayGuy likes this.

Geoff A. J., California
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page