DCM TFE100 Floorstanders - Very good sound and dirt cheap right now - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 59Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #121 of 176 Old 01-09-2020, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
adam2434's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 797
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb75 View Post
If the replacement crossovers have the inductor fixed to the board, I’d be alright with swapping them out. Have to cut those speaker leads that are soldered on that one speaker though. Or find where they lead and just use new wires. Wonder why they are soldered only on that one speaker . Doesn’t look like there soldered on the picture zieg posted either
Did they send the parts to get them up and running properly?

Just curious to know if you have resolution on this.

-

5.1 and 2.0 ch: Marantz AV7704/Emotiva DC-1/Rotel RB-1582 MKII/Audiosource Amp Three x 2/Polk LS90, CS400i, FX500i/Outlaw X-12, LFM-1/JVD DLA-HD250/Da-Lite 100" HCCV/Sony ES BDP/Sonos Connect. DC-1/RB-1582 MKII/Sonos Connect also feed Polk 7C in garage and Dayton IO655 on patio. 2.1 ch: Denon AVR-2807/Klipsch Forte I or NHT SB2/JBL SUB 550P x 2. 2.0 ch: Outlaw 975/Outlaw M2200 x 2/Klipsch RF-7 III/Sony ES BDP/LG 65" LED. 2.0 ch: Klipsch Powergate/NHT SB3. Kitchen: Sonos Play5.
adam2434 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 176 Old 01-09-2020, 09:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
jsb75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 756
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam2434 View Post
Did they send the parts to get them up and running properly?

Just curious to know if you have resolution on this.

-
No. He sent me a email back saying it would be to complicated to send the crossovers. So he said I could have a refund, or have new ones shipped. But if I had new ones shipped and they arrived damaged they said they will not replace them. So I’m sending them back tomorrow. Not gonna chance it with 3 people in these dcm threads receiving non working or damaged speakers. Just hope when I print out the shipping labels at FedEx they are prepaid. Didn’t think to ask . Just assumed they would be.
Lp85253 likes this.
jsb75 is offline  
post #123 of 176 Old 01-10-2020, 06:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
macgallant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 1,333
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb75 View Post
No. He sent me a email back saying it would be to complicated to send the crossovers. So he said I could have a refund, or have new ones shipped. But if I had new ones shipped and they arrived damaged they said they will not replace them. So I’m sending them back tomorrow. Not gonna chance it with 3 people in these dcm threads receiving non working or damaged speakers. Just hope when I print out the shipping labels at FedEx they are prepaid. Didn’t think to ask . Just assumed they would be.



My Friend just received his replacement TFE100 and it arrived in perfect condition.
My sister also purchased a pair and received them in perfect condition.


I think shipping/handling during the holiday season are too blame here. I worked in a shipping warehouse for 2 years many years ago and it was 100% chaos during the holidays.
Basically sprinting the entire day to keep up with the boxes coming down the conveyor belt. Literally boxes flying all over the place and there's no time to pay attention to "fragile stickers"

Speakers: KEF Q100, Q300, Q750, Q650C, Q50a / Fluance Signature Series/ DCM TP160S-CH Subwoofers: Outlaw Ultra X12 (x2) / BIC H100-IIReceiver: Denon AVR-X4500H, AVR-X1400H Integrated Amplifier: Yamaha A-S501/ Fosi Audio TPA3116 mini amp Extras: MiniDSP Umik-1 Amplifier: Emotiva BasX-A300 Next Speakers: Triangle BR03, Revel Concerta2 M16, KEF LS50, Dynaudio Emit M20, Buchardt S400, Triangle Comet ez, KEF R3
macgallant is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #124 of 176 Old 01-10-2020, 08:03 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 19,137
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3351 Post(s)
Liked: 3248
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgallant View Post
My Friend just received his replacement TFE100 and it arrived in perfect condition.
My sister also purchased a pair and received them in perfect condition.


I think shipping/handling during the holiday season are too blame here. I worked in a shipping warehouse for 2 years many years ago and it was 100% chaos during the holidays.
Happy that it worked out -- and yes Holiday shipping chaos seemed to be the main problem

----------------
Who AM I
zieglj01 is offline  
post #125 of 176 Old 01-10-2020, 10:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 27
So tempted to pull the trigger on these to get them to match the tfe center channel I paired with the tp160 towers.... They’️re double the price of the tp160’️s though... are they worth it? Is it weird that not having matching center and fronts bothers me so much.....it sounds terrific....

Still can’t unload those Polk r50s I bought during Black Friday.... 😞

Vizio M75-E1 || Onkyo TX-SR393 || Sanyo 4k Blu-Ray || Apple TV 4k
Vizio M70-D3 || Onkyo TX-NR686 || Xbox One X || Apple TV 4k
Mitsubishi WD-82838 || Pioneer SC-95 || Sanyo 4k Blu-Ray || Apple TV 4k
David Biagas is online now  
post #126 of 176 Old 01-10-2020, 11:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Biagas View Post
So tempted to pull the trigger on these to get them to match the tfe center channel I paired with the tp160 towers.... They’️re double the price of the tp160’️s though... are they worth it? Is it weird that not having matching center and fronts bothers me so much.....it sounds terrific....

Still can’t unload those Polk r50s I bought during Black Friday.... 😞
Nevermind.... pricesrightsales only have one left both on their website and eBay... bummer!

Vizio M75-E1 || Onkyo TX-SR393 || Sanyo 4k Blu-Ray || Apple TV 4k
Vizio M70-D3 || Onkyo TX-NR686 || Xbox One X || Apple TV 4k
Mitsubishi WD-82838 || Pioneer SC-95 || Sanyo 4k Blu-Ray || Apple TV 4k
David Biagas is online now  
post #127 of 176 Old 01-10-2020, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 19,137
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3351 Post(s)
Liked: 3248
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Biagas View Post
Nevermind.... pricesrightsales only have one left both on their website and eBay... bummer!
Plenty of the cherry in stock

----------------
Who AM I
zieglj01 is offline  
post #128 of 176 Old 01-10-2020, 01:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
jsb75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 756
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgallant View Post
My Friend just received his replacement TFE100 and it arrived in perfect condition.
My sister also purchased a pair and received them in perfect condition.


I think shipping/handling during the holiday season are too blame here. I worked in a shipping warehouse for 2 years many years ago and it was 100% chaos during the holidays.
Basically sprinting the entire day to keep up with the boxes coming down the conveyor belt. Literally boxes flying all over the place and there's no time to pay attention to "fragile stickers"
Yeah, I hear ya. I just don’t want to have eat it if something happens again that’s totally out my control. But good they are making it right for everyone either way.
jsb75 is offline  
post #129 of 176 Old 01-10-2020, 04:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
jsb75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 756
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Mine definitely got slammed around somewhere. Packed them up tonight and the styrofoam on the bottom is broke in half on one of the boxes.
jsb75 is offline  
post #130 of 176 Old 01-10-2020, 06:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Biagas View Post
Nevermind.... pricesrightsales only have one left both on their website and eBay... bummer!
Plenty of the cherry in stock
Really considering it... wish I had just gone with cherry from the start so that everything could match... my basement is dark so it may not be that big of a deal

Vizio M75-E1 || Onkyo TX-SR393 || Sanyo 4k Blu-Ray || Apple TV 4k
Vizio M70-D3 || Onkyo TX-NR686 || Xbox One X || Apple TV 4k
Mitsubishi WD-82838 || Pioneer SC-95 || Sanyo 4k Blu-Ray || Apple TV 4k
David Biagas is online now  
post #131 of 176 Old 01-11-2020, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 19,137
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3351 Post(s)
Liked: 3248
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Biagas View Post
Really considering it... wish I had just gone with cherry from the start so that everything could match... my basement is dark so it may not be that big of a deal
In a dark basement, sound would be the key -- keep them in mind

----------------
Who AM I
zieglj01 is offline  
post #132 of 176 Old 01-12-2020, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
adam2434's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 797
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb75 View Post
Mine definitely got slammed around somewhere. Packed them up tonight and the styrofoam on the bottom is broke in half on one of the boxes.
Bummer that you had to deal with the hassle of troubleshooting and ultimately packing them back up. Hopefully, the seller took care of you and you don't have any out-of-pocket expense.

Since these speakers are older closeout models, they might have been damaged anywhere in their life's transportation, and could have been sitting broken in the box for years.

-

5.1 and 2.0 ch: Marantz AV7704/Emotiva DC-1/Rotel RB-1582 MKII/Audiosource Amp Three x 2/Polk LS90, CS400i, FX500i/Outlaw X-12, LFM-1/JVD DLA-HD250/Da-Lite 100" HCCV/Sony ES BDP/Sonos Connect. DC-1/RB-1582 MKII/Sonos Connect also feed Polk 7C in garage and Dayton IO655 on patio. 2.1 ch: Denon AVR-2807/Klipsch Forte I or NHT SB2/JBL SUB 550P x 2. 2.0 ch: Outlaw 975/Outlaw M2200 x 2/Klipsch RF-7 III/Sony ES BDP/LG 65" LED. 2.0 ch: Klipsch Powergate/NHT SB3. Kitchen: Sonos Play5.
adam2434 is offline  
post #133 of 176 Old 01-12-2020, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
jsb75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 756
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam2434 View Post
Bummer that you had to deal with the hassle of troubleshooting and ultimately packing them back up. Hopefully, the seller took care of you and you don't have any out-of-pocket expense.

Since these speakers are older closeout models, they might have been damaged anywhere in their life's transportation, and could have been sitting broken in the box for years.

-
yeah, who knows how many times they have been transported here or there in the last ten years
jsb75 is offline  
post #134 of 176 Old 01-13-2020, 06:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Has anyone ever tried putting adhesive vinyl on speakers? How hard is it to do? Does it stay on long?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	011B3034-D9C7-480B-9F6D-EC0078E00687_1578923965470.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	2669202   Click image for larger version

Name:	9686B904-B114-4292-813D-30A89F1EA60A_1578923978364.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	2669204  

Vizio M75-E1 || Onkyo TX-SR393 || Sanyo 4k Blu-Ray || Apple TV 4k
Vizio M70-D3 || Onkyo TX-NR686 || Xbox One X || Apple TV 4k
Mitsubishi WD-82838 || Pioneer SC-95 || Sanyo 4k Blu-Ray || Apple TV 4k
David Biagas is online now  
post #135 of 176 Old 01-13-2020, 07:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Biagas View Post
Really considering it... wish I had just gone with cherry from the start so that everything could match... my basement is dark so it may not be that big of a deal
In a dark basement, sound would be the key -- keep them in mind
Very true... I finally found a buyer for those Polk towers.... the tfe’s might go from dream to reality here shortly.... I guess I’ll use the tp-160 towers as surrounds

Vizio M75-E1 || Onkyo TX-SR393 || Sanyo 4k Blu-Ray || Apple TV 4k
Vizio M70-D3 || Onkyo TX-NR686 || Xbox One X || Apple TV 4k
Mitsubishi WD-82838 || Pioneer SC-95 || Sanyo 4k Blu-Ray || Apple TV 4k
David Biagas is online now  
post #136 of 176 Old 01-13-2020, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
macgallant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 1,333
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Biagas View Post
Very true... I finally found a buyer for those Polk towers.... the tfe’s might go from dream to reality here shortly.... I guess I’ll use the tp-160 towers as surrounds
My friend upgraded from Polk RTiA series to the TFE/TP and it's been a revelation for him!

Speakers: KEF Q100, Q300, Q750, Q650C, Q50a / Fluance Signature Series/ DCM TP160S-CH Subwoofers: Outlaw Ultra X12 (x2) / BIC H100-IIReceiver: Denon AVR-X4500H, AVR-X1400H Integrated Amplifier: Yamaha A-S501/ Fosi Audio TPA3116 mini amp Extras: MiniDSP Umik-1 Amplifier: Emotiva BasX-A300 Next Speakers: Triangle BR03, Revel Concerta2 M16, KEF LS50, Dynaudio Emit M20, Buchardt S400, Triangle Comet ez, KEF R3
macgallant is online now  
post #137 of 176 Old 01-13-2020, 07:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgallant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Biagas View Post
Very true... I finally found a buyer for those Polk towers.... the tfe’️s might go from dream to reality here shortly.... I guess I’️ll use the tp-160 towers as surrounds
My friend upgraded from Polk RTiA series to the TFE/TP and it's been a revelation for him!
Sold the polks tonight... in for a pair of tfe-100s.... when I asked Pricedrightsales if they had any more black towers, they replied that they had some black tfe-200s for $799/pair... a little out of my price range but I thought I would let you all know!

Vizio M75-E1 || Onkyo TX-SR393 || Sanyo 4k Blu-Ray || Apple TV 4k
Vizio M70-D3 || Onkyo TX-NR686 || Xbox One X || Apple TV 4k
Mitsubishi WD-82838 || Pioneer SC-95 || Sanyo 4k Blu-Ray || Apple TV 4k
David Biagas is online now  
post #138 of 176 Old 01-13-2020, 07:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
macgallant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 1,333
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Biagas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgallant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Biagas View Post
Very true... I finally found a buyer for those Polk towers.... the tfe’️s might go from dream to reality here shortly.... I guess I’️ll use the tp-160 towers as surrounds
My friend upgraded from Polk RTiA series to the TFE/TP and it's been a revelation for him!
Sold the polks tonight... in for a pair of tfe-100s.... when I asked Pricedrightsales if they had any more black towers, they replied that they had some black tfe-200s for $799/pair... a little out of my price range but I thought I would let you all know!
The bass is already fantastic on the tfe100... Tfe200 could be too much in small/medium rooms

Speakers: KEF Q100, Q300, Q750, Q650C, Q50a / Fluance Signature Series/ DCM TP160S-CH Subwoofers: Outlaw Ultra X12 (x2) / BIC H100-IIReceiver: Denon AVR-X4500H, AVR-X1400H Integrated Amplifier: Yamaha A-S501/ Fosi Audio TPA3116 mini amp Extras: MiniDSP Umik-1 Amplifier: Emotiva BasX-A300 Next Speakers: Triangle BR03, Revel Concerta2 M16, KEF LS50, Dynaudio Emit M20, Buchardt S400, Triangle Comet ez, KEF R3
macgallant is online now  
post #139 of 176 Old 01-14-2020, 04:51 PM
Member
 
MTBDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just ordered a pair of these, hard to pass for a secondary music system (I have a used Denon 4306 arriving in 2 days, $125 shipped; add a decent dac for a seriously nice but CHEAP 2 channel system). On their website, they have a number of in-wall speakers, including "TFE" series. For those doing a home theater, ceiling mount 'atmos' might be a good approach, and honestly I suspect that they could work well for surround channels as well. I am not using this for my theater, but this seems to be workable. They have the good drivers and crossovers, just no cabinet (and yes, I have even thought about that!).
MTBDOC is offline  
post #140 of 176 Old 01-14-2020, 06:24 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 19,137
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3351 Post(s)
Liked: 3248
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBDOC View Post
I just ordered a pair of these, hard to pass for a secondary music system
That is a good call

----------------
Who AM I
zieglj01 is offline  
post #141 of 176 Old 01-14-2020, 07:12 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I was so happy to find this thread, I'm a DCM lover myself and have been going back and forth about picking up some of these new old stock speakers before they can't be found anymore. I have had a pair of TFE-200's for 11 or 12 year now and absolutely love them, I don't think I will ever let them go. I am using them as the front speakers in the 5.1 setup in my living room. I have a matching TFE-60C center on a stand under the tv and a beautiful pair of older CX-17's on stands pulling surround duty. I also have a pair of their TB1212 powered subs, although since about a year ago one of them is out in the shop for music with a pair of DCM16 towers and the other is just sitting. I built a sealed 15 that replaced them in the living room.

The 200's sound fantastic for movies and music, they definitely don't need a sub for music. When I listen 2 channel I often turn off the sub and run them full range because I find they image better and sound more natural on their own. If I just want to fill the house with music I cross them over at 80hz and add the 15 back in like I do for movies. I haven't ever owned any real "high end" speakers, to be honest I've never looked for anything else since I've owned these because I'm so happy with them. I don't even have a use for the 100's right now but keep thinking I will be sorry if I don't grab a set for what they are selling for.

I just wanted to add my regards for the TFE line as a long time owner, they are really hard to beat for even twice the price in my book. I am glad to see them getting some love even years after they disappeared from the stores. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I have!
zieglj01 and Lp85253 like this.
Abraxxas is offline  
post #142 of 176 Old 01-15-2020, 02:35 PM
Member
 
MTBDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxxas View Post
I was so happy to find this thread, I'm a DCM lover myself and have been going back and forth about picking up some of these new old stock speakers before they can't be found anymore. I have had a pair of TFE-200's for 11 or 12 year now and absolutely love them, I don't think I will ever let them go. I am using them as the front speakers in the 5.1 setup in my living room. I have a matching TFE-60C center on a stand under the tv and a beautiful pair of older CX-17's on stands pulling surround duty. I also have a pair of their TB1212 powered subs, although since about a year ago one of them is out in the shop for music with a pair of DCM16 towers and the other is just sitting. I built a sealed 15 that replaced them in the living room.

The 200's sound fantastic for movies and music, they definitely don't need a sub for music. When I listen 2 channel I often turn off the sub and run them full range because I find they image better and sound more natural on their own. If I just want to fill the house with music I cross them over at 80hz and add the 15 back in like I do for movies. I haven't ever owned any real "high end" speakers, to be honest I've never looked for anything else since I've owned these because I'm so happy with them. I don't even have a use for the 100's right now but keep thinking I will be sorry if I don't grab a set for what they are selling for.

I just wanted to add my regards for the TFE line as a long time owner, they are really hard to beat for even twice the price in my book. I am glad to see them getting some love even years after they disappeared from the stores. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I have!

If you are thinking of adding ceiling/height/atmos channels, I would really suggest you look at their TFE series wall mount speakers. They are ridiculously cheap, for what seems to be the good drivers and crossovers. I suspect nobody buys them and so prices are very low.



For my main system, I have a full array of Mirage ODM speakers (a similar type of pricing blowout on Woot 5 yrs ago) and recently picked up a few of the nanosats to ceiling mount (upside down) for height channels. They are similar speakers that were viewed as too expensive and didn't seem to measure well, but sound great. When I was debating on those, I found a review from a solid source who confessed to buying them for himself after being so impressed when he did a professional review.
Abraxxas likes this.
MTBDOC is offline  
post #143 of 176 Old 01-15-2020, 05:44 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBDOC View Post
If you are thinking of adding ceiling/height/atmos channels, I would really suggest you look at their TFE series wall mount speakers. They are ridiculously cheap, for what seems to be the good drivers and crossovers. I suspect nobody buys them and so prices are very low.



For my main system, I have a full array of Mirage ODM speakers (a similar type of pricing blowout on Woot 5 yrs ago) and recently picked up a few of the nanosats to ceiling mount (upside down) for height channels. They are similar speakers that were viewed as too expensive and didn't seem to measure well, but sound great. When I was debating on those, I found a review from a solid source who confessed to buying them for himself after being so impressed when he did a professional review.
I will check into that, thanks! I did pick up a pair of the TP160 bookshelf's in black today on ebay while I mull over the the towers
Abraxxas is offline  
post #144 of 176 Old 01-15-2020, 06:45 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 19,137
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3351 Post(s)
Liked: 3248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxxas View Post
I will check into that, thanks! I did pick up a pair of the TP160 bookshelf's in black today on ebay while I mull over the the towers
Good call

----------------
Who AM I
zieglj01 is offline  
post #145 of 176 Old 01-17-2020, 07:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 27
They’re heeeeeeeeere!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0ABB0BCB-78A8-41D9-84BE-6F7A2FD32CC8_1579269995375.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	2671206  
macgallant likes this.

Vizio M75-E1 || Onkyo TX-SR393 || Sanyo 4k Blu-Ray || Apple TV 4k
Vizio M70-D3 || Onkyo TX-NR686 || Xbox One X || Apple TV 4k
Mitsubishi WD-82838 || Pioneer SC-95 || Sanyo 4k Blu-Ray || Apple TV 4k
David Biagas is online now  
post #146 of 176 Old 01-17-2020, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 19,137
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3351 Post(s)
Liked: 3248
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Biagas View Post
They’re heeeeeeeeere!!!
Cool!

----------------
Who AM I
zieglj01 is offline  
post #147 of 176 Old 01-17-2020, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
macgallant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 1,333
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Here's by buddy's setup 7.2.4

-TFE100 towers
-TFE60 center
-TP160s surrounds/heights
-Dual Klipsch SW-112 (surprisingly still running strong)
-Denon avr-x3600h
-Emotiva A-5175
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MarcBFront.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	2671480   Click image for larger version

Name:	MarcBRear.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	2671482  

Speakers: KEF Q100, Q300, Q750, Q650C, Q50a / Fluance Signature Series/ DCM TP160S-CH Subwoofers: Outlaw Ultra X12 (x2) / BIC H100-IIReceiver: Denon AVR-X4500H, AVR-X1400H Integrated Amplifier: Yamaha A-S501/ Fosi Audio TPA3116 mini amp Extras: MiniDSP Umik-1 Amplifier: Emotiva BasX-A300 Next Speakers: Triangle BR03, Revel Concerta2 M16, KEF LS50, Dynaudio Emit M20, Buchardt S400, Triangle Comet ez, KEF R3
macgallant is online now  
post #148 of 176 Old 01-17-2020, 02:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgallant View Post
Here's by buddy's setup 7.2.4

-TFE100 towers
-TFE60 center
-TP160s surrounds/heights
-Dual Klipsch SW-112 (surprisingly still running strong)
-Denon avr-x3600h
-Emotiva A-5175
I have an older klipsch setup that I’m now thinking of unloading to complete two sets of dcm speakers with matching colors—the cherry is surprisingly nice. I could potentially hang on to the klipsch subs if I price the speakers right....

Does that sound crazy?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	50636E4D-840F-4A80-AA20-92DE56EDF3FC_1579295209214.png
Views:	13
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	2671502  

Vizio M75-E1 || Onkyo TX-SR393 || Sanyo 4k Blu-Ray || Apple TV 4k
Vizio M70-D3 || Onkyo TX-NR686 || Xbox One X || Apple TV 4k
Mitsubishi WD-82838 || Pioneer SC-95 || Sanyo 4k Blu-Ray || Apple TV 4k
David Biagas is online now  
post #149 of 176 Old 01-17-2020, 02:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Actually that’s not right.... I’m running four f2’s.... I feel like the theater room setup will be upgraded but basement might be downgraded a little?
David Biagas is online now  
post #150 of 176 Old 01-17-2020, 02:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Biagas View Post
Actually that’s not right.... I’m running four f2’s.... I feel like the theater room setup will be upgraded but basement might be downgraded a little?
I really like how clean your friend's setup looks.... If i had thought things through from the beginning I would've just bought a full matching set of cherry....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HTpossibility.PNG
Views:	8
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	2671510  

Vizio M75-E1 || Onkyo TX-SR393 || Sanyo 4k Blu-Ray || Apple TV 4k
Vizio M70-D3 || Onkyo TX-NR686 || Xbox One X || Apple TV 4k
Mitsubishi WD-82838 || Pioneer SC-95 || Sanyo 4k Blu-Ray || Apple TV 4k
David Biagas is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off