Need Atmos speakers / home theater reconfigure help. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-02-2019, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Need Atmos speakers / home theater reconfigure help.

So finally buying our first home. I have slowly put together a home theater set up. Sure it needs work it's old 2008 to 2015 ish.

I want height speakers aka Atmos / dts 10. Will need new AVR for that. I don't mind reman or clearance. Everything I have was 50 to 70% of MSRP, as it was discontinued, or factory refurbished on top of discount.

I don't mind saving and waiting to get something, but I do have issues. I was recently told wife don't like my speakers in living room (small HT room in the works but 2-5 years out.)

My current setup:
Front L + R: Polk audio monitor 60 series 2
Center: Polk audio cs1
Rear: Polk audio monitor 40 series 1 ( old fronts)
Sub: bic venture v1020
AVR: onkyo tx-sr507

I'm thinking Polk mc60 or v60 but don't know the difference in install seems both take paint and go in ceiling.

How well are speakers like that for rear sound in wall or ceiling. Me, drywall, and construction get along great.

I had a plan as you may see with the 40's. I was going to get 30's for rear but she said floor standing looked better.... Now it's can we hide it.

I know rear and height are mostly fill, when I get the workshop or the garage converted I would like to take the new stuff with me but I could leave them for music or something.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-02-2019, 06:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 809
I’m not a big fan of in wall speakers but my rear surrounds aren’t too shabby (Polk Audio 265 LS). However, they really need enclosures to sound their best. If buying or building enclosures and placing in wall sounds like something you could do, then it might be a decent option for you. Or perhaps slim on wall type speakers would be a good way to go as a compromise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page