B&W in-walls - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-03-2019, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
B&W in-walls

I need advice on some B&W in-walls. So the dealer had sold me on 3 Cinema 7s for my lcr in a dedicated home theater. Then I found 3 CWM 7.3s at Best Buy on sale for $699 each and pulled the trigger. Dealer now tells me the 7.3s are old models (which they likely are at that price) and won’t “match” the new B&W 663 surrounds he is using. He wants me to buy new Cinema 7s from him at $900 a piece so everything matches. Is he just trying to sell me speakers or is there really some truth to the surrounds “not matching”? I can’t imagine how it would matter that much on surrounds and the 7.3s are probably much better than the new Cinema 7s but looking for your advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-03-2019, 06:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2829 Post(s)
Liked: 4313
AT a quick glance......B&W, 4" drivers, 85 dB sensitivity, home theater.......none of those go well together imo. Have you considered offerings from JBL, KEF, Revel, or Triad? If nothing else, I think it makes sense to start with speakers, or at least brands, that have a reputation for neutral, accurate response in their speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page