Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

post #1 of 37 Old 12-03-2019, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Speaker upgrade suggestions

I am looking to upgrade my speakers - especially the LCR ones. My current set up includes:
1. Boston Acoustics A360 towers - L/R
2. Klipsch RP250C - C
3. Klipsch RP140SA - Surrounds
4. Boston Acoustics A26 - Back
5. B&W AM1 - Ceiling mounted atmos
6. Rythmik FV15HP - Subwoofer
7. Anthem MRX 720 receiver
8. Music Fidelity M6si dual mono amp - For driving L/R speakers
9. Crown XLS 1502 - For driving back speakers
10. Crown XLS 2002 - For driving ceiling mounted atmos speakers

I understand that my current set of speakers are a mish mash combination, but they seem to work decently well - probably because of Anthem ARC. While I am happy with the surrounds and atmos speakers, I would like to improve the LCR speakers to start with. My usage would be 80/20 for movies/music.

I don't have any sound treatment done as the room is supposed to double up as a living room as well. Room dimensions are 16x32 feet.

While I don't have a very strict budget for the LCR speakers, I don't want to splurge if the additional money is not going to give incredibly better results. I am based out of India and I should be able to audition major brands out here. But when I auditioned during my last purchase, things got confusing as all the brands were not available under one roof and it was impossible to do a proper comparison when the room/setup changes from one place to another. Please share your thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 12-03-2019, 11:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1930
Help us - what is it that you don't like about the A360 towers? What is lacking? Is there coloration? Would you know there is coloration without another speaker to switch with?

That aside, generally speaking, it is best to look for neutral-sounding speakers.

I am unsure what is available in India. Many of the go-to recommendations I'd make may be simply not available there. However, I notice you managed to get a Rythmik - that is awesome. Not sure how you managed that.

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Polk LSiM 702 F/X (2) | Infinity RS152 (4) | Subs TBD (2)
PC: Micca OriGen G2 | Mackie MR624 (2)
post #3 of 37 Old 12-04-2019, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
Help us - what is it that you don't like about the A360 towers? What is lacking? Is there coloration? Would you know there is coloration without another speaker to switch with?

That aside, generally speaking, it is best to look for neutral-sounding speakers.

I am unsure what is available in India. Many of the go-to recommendations I'd make may be simply not available there. However, I notice you managed to get a Rythmik - that is awesome. Not sure how you managed that.
Well, there is nothing with A360 that I dislike per se. It is more of an upgrade bug that I am facing now. Infact I went with A360 5 years ago as I was having a very limited budget then. But I am prepared to spend quite a bit more now and I just don't want to lose out on the experience if something significantly better exists in the market.

Fortunately I found a Rythmik dealer out here and Rythmik sub does make a big difference to the setup .

I was kind of decided to go with Klipsch RP 8000F L/R, but I couldn't make up my mind. Almost every major brand is available here, but they come with a hefty premium when compared to US/UK prices. Some of the IDD brands like Ascend, HSU, etc. don't have any presence here though. I have also attached a picture of my setup to give you a better idea. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	2649118  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 Old 12-04-2019, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 2796 Post(s)
Liked: 2677
Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Well, there is nothing with A360 that I dislike per se. It is more of an upgrade bug that I am facing now. Infact I went with A360 5 years ago as I was having a very limited budget then. But I am prepared to spend quite a bit more now and I just don't want to lose out on the experience if something significantly better exists in the market.

Fortunately I found a Rythmik dealer out here and Rythmik sub does make a big difference to the setup .

I was kind of decided to go with Klipsch RP 8000F L/R, but I couldn't make up my mind. Almost every major brand is available here, but they come with a hefty premium when compared to US/UK prices. Some of the IDD brands like Ascend, HSU, etc. don't have any presence here though. I have also attached a picture of my setup to give you a better idea. Thank you!
Pretty large space and it seems your listening position is a ways back. Klipsch RF7III and RC64III would be my first choice. If not the RP8000 and corresponding center would also be a good option.

Is SVS available? If so the Pinnacle towers and Ultra center would be great.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
Roku Ultra, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Quattron
post #5 of 37 Old 12-04-2019, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
Pretty large space and it seems your listening position is a ways back. Klipsch RF7III and RC64III would be my first choice. If not the RP8000 and corresponding center would also be a good option.

Is SVS available? If so the Pinnacle towers and Ultra center would be great.
Thank you. Both Klipsch and SVS are available. But I believe RF7 and RC64 series works out to almost double the US price. Do you think the current RP250C would work well with RP8000 or should I upgrade the center?
post #6 of 37 Old 12-04-2019, 08:57 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7763 Post(s)
Liked: 5880
Quote:

If i were you I'd pull the towers out further from the wall so that their front edges are forward of the cabinet's front edge, and I'd try to toe in the speaker on the left so that it's pointing a bit away from the wall.

With a great sub like your Rythmik I don't see any reason to get the RP8000, when the smaller RP6000 should sound equally good and probably be easier to position. I would try to spend an extended period of time listening to the Klipsch speaker at the dealer's shop (like, at least an hour or two) to see if your ears are ok with its treble energy.

Or ask them if you could take a demo pair home for the weekend, leaving them some kind of collateral? Some small dealers here in the US will allow that, not sure about where you are. If you find a dealer who'll let you do that, ask to try out the Klipsch RP504 center too, and see if it produces any noticeable improvement over your RP-250C. The center does 70-80% of the HT output so that is actually where there would be the highest potential for audible improvement, if any exists.
sigpig and mtrot like this.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #7 of 37 Old 12-04-2019, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba922 View Post
If i were you I'd pull the towers out further from the wall so that their front edges are forward of the cabinet's front edge, and I'd try to toe in the speaker on the left so that it's pointing a bit away from the wall.

With a great sub like your Rythmik I don't see any reason to get the RP8000, when the smaller RP6000 should sound equally good and probably be easier to position. I would try to spend an extended period of time listening to the Klipsch speaker at the dealer's shop (like, at least an hour or two) to see if your ears are ok with its treble energy.

Or ask them if you could take a demo pair home for the weekend, leaving them some kind of collateral? Some small dealers here in the US will allow that, not sure about where you are. If you find a dealer who'll let you do that, ask to try out the Klipsch RP504 center too, and see if it produces any noticeable improvement over your RP-250C. The center does 70-80% of the HT output so that is actually where there would be the highest potential for audible improvement, if any exists.
I appreciate your inputs. Will try to reposition the towers this weekend to see if they improve things. I will also try to check if any dealer is willing to provide me a home demo for the Klipsch speakers, but I highly doubt if that would materialize here. Thanks again!
post #8 of 37 Old 12-04-2019, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I appreciate your inputs. Will try to reposition the towers this weekend to see if that improve things. I will also try to check if any dealer is willing to provide me a home demo for the Klipsch speakers, but I highly doubt if that would materialize here. Thanks again!
Zorba922 likes this.
post #9 of 37 Old 12-04-2019, 10:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1930
Unfortunately listening to the Klipsch in a dealer show room, or any speaker for that matter, can only tell you so much. With 40-50% of the sound we hear coming from early reflections from our home interior walls, a room with different dimensions will make the speakers sound different than in our homes. Especially if the show room is much wider or has very high ceilings.

This might help.

ece2k2 likes this.

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Polk LSiM 702 F/X (2) | Infinity RS152 (4) | Subs TBD (2)
PC: Micca OriGen G2 | Mackie MR624 (2)
post #10 of 37 Old 12-05-2019, 03:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2965 Post(s)
Liked: 4507
Just to chime in only about your center, I wouldn't skimp there since it does so much of the work for home theater. Be sure to go with a substantial upgrade in that position along with your L/R.

Just as another option to consider, maybe the KEF Q950 towers and Q650 center.

Also, not sure what your access to these would be, but Canton is available on Accesories4Less at some very steep discounts.
post #11 of 37 Old 12-05-2019, 05:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 3791 Post(s)
Liked: 2165
for that space I would get larger speakers. its very taxing on a system to playback movies/music in a large space at reference.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300 LG oled c9 77
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS, Audioengine A2+
Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP, Velodyne HGS 12, Velodyne VA1512
post #12 of 37 Old 12-06-2019, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked: 706
I second Zorba's RP-6000/504C recommendation. It certainly doesn't look like you have enough room for the RP-8000 on the left side. Besides, that Rhythmic sub will play everything under the crossover freq, rendering the bigger towers moot.

You may want to look into acoustic paneling - I would put up some absorption panels behind your towers - get some artwork applied to some material and in order to "hide" them.

While I am firmly in the camp of using speakers from the same make and line for surround channels (ie: RP-400M) if you have the budget for them. The RP-140SA speakers are Atmos up-firing speakers, and make for poor surrounds. I suggest the small bookshelf mentioned earlier.
ece2k2 likes this.
post #13 of 37 Old 12-09-2019, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I tried repositioning the towers over the weekend and I could feel a marked improvement in the sound quality. Thank you Zorba922. I have also attached the ARC results post this change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
Unfortunately listening to the Klipsch in a dealer show room, or any speaker for that matter, can only tell you so much. With 40-50% of the sound we hear coming from early reflections from our home interior walls, a room with different dimensions will make the speakers sound different than in our homes. Especially if the show room is much wider or has very high ceilings.

This might help.

https://youtu.be/4FmAmlsAa-o
That's precisely my issue and thank you for the link. In fact I cannot even trust my ears if I am going to audition multiple brands at different show rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Just to chime in only about your center, I wouldn't skimp there since it does so much of the work for home theater. Be sure to go with a substantial upgrade in that position along with your L/R.

Just as another option to consider, maybe the KEF Q950 towers and Q650 center.

Also, not sure what your access to these would be, but Canton is available on Accesories4Less at some very steep discounts.
Unfortunately accessories4less doesn't ship to India AFAIK. While I would definitely consider upgrading the center, I still can't say that I am unhappy with my Klipsch RP250C center as it seems to produce a big clean sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
for that space I would get larger speakers. its very taxing on a system to playback movies/music in a large space at reference.
I must say that I like my movies loud and I am confused about opting for large speakers as the left speaker would be close to a window (with heavy curtains).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigpig View Post
I second Zorba's RP-6000/504C recommendation. It certainly doesn't look like you have enough room for the RP-8000 on the left side. Besides, that Rhythmic sub will play everything under the crossover freq, rendering the bigger towers moot.

You may want to look into acoustic paneling - I would put up some absorption panels behind your towers - get some artwork applied to some material and in order to "hide" them.

While I am firmly in the camp of using speakers from the same make and line for surround channels (ie: RP-400M) if you have the budget for them. The RP-140SA speakers are Atmos up-firing speakers, and make for poor surrounds. I suggest the small bookshelf mentioned earlier.
I am planning to upgrade the surrounds at a later stage - once I am absolutely happy with the LCR setup. I will also look into adding acoustic panels behind L/R speakers without creating issues to the aesthetics. Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 8Dec2019_new.pdf (278.4 KB, 7 views)
post #14 of 37 Old 12-13-2019, 05:58 AM - Thread Starter

I checked around and came across a couple of potential options that I am planning to consider for my upgrade.

1. XTZ cinema series - M8 towers and M8 center
2. PSA - MTM-210T and MTM-210C

Again, I wouldn't be able to audition either of these brands, but I believe the internet reviews are great for both options.

As far as the pricing is concerned, both options are priced around the same in my place - US $5200. This roughly translates to a pricing premium of $2000 in case of PSA (compared to US prices at https://www.powersoundaudio.com/prod...ant=6802836164) and $500 for XTZ (compared to EU prices at https://www.xtzsound.eu/product/cinema-series).

I am not sure if PSA is worth the relatively higher premium - especially considering the fact that XTZ seems to be priced a bit more reasonably out here when compared to its EU prices.
post #15 of 37 Old 12-13-2019, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

At that price point, you may wish to look at Klipsch THX Ultra2 speakers.
They MAY be more available (at least through dealers) to you.

https://www.klipsch.ca/thx-ultra2
post #16 of 37 Old 12-13-2019, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the suggestion sigpig. If Klipsch Ultra 2 speakers would manage to meet or beat the performance offered by XTZ cinema series and PSA 210 series, things might work a lot cheaper for me. I should be able to buy Klipsch Ultra2 LCR for about $2700 during my next trip to Europe as they aren’t too heavy to carry them back to India.

But I am still not sure if they can match the performance of bigger tower speakers. Please share your thoughts.
post #17 of 37 Old 12-13-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion sigpig. If Klipsch Ultra 2 speakers would manage to meet or beat the performance offered by XTZ cinema series and PSA 210 series, things might work a lot cheaper for me. I should be able to buy Klipsch Ultra2 LCR for about $2700 during my next trip to Europe as they aren’t too heavy to carry them back to India.

But I am still not sure if they can match the performance of bigger tower speakers. Please share your thoughts.
Safest bet IMO would be the PSA, though I have not heard the XTZ speakers myself.

And in your moderately sized room, with a solid subwoofer in play, there's no need to get the 210T for your front L/R, I would simply go with the M110 bookshelves + 210C. Heck, you'd probably be fine with 3 x M110.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #18 of 37 Old 12-13-2019, 08:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I have access to a complete THX Ultra2 home theatre with a 7.2.4 layout, Anthem AVM 60 and amps. I can personally guarantee that they are the real deal. I have a Paradigm Prestige setup at home, but the Klipsch is on another level.
post #19 of 37 Old 12-14-2019, 03:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 3600 Post(s)
Liked: 3036
Quote:

PSA use compression drivers and are very efficient that even an entry level receiver could easily drive to louder levels than your ears can handle. Three MT-110 across the front would easily fill the room and you certainly have adequate amps to drive them so will blow the roof off if you choose to. Klipsch RP are also pretty efficient & would be the logical option since you like how the center sounds along with the added bonus of being more WAF friendly aesthetically. I've heard good things about XTZ, but can't offer much feedback.

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, Kef Kube 10B (X2) , Denon AVR-X3400H, NAD 216 THX, Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: Kef Q100 ,JBL Loft 20, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
post #20 of 37 Old 12-15-2019, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Some reviews about PSA speakers claims that they perform better in untreated rooms compared to other speakers and this is a big plus for me if it is true. Are there any other speakers that perform well in untreated room in this price range? Please let me know.

Quote:
Safest bet IMO would be the PSA, though I have not heard the XTZ speakers myself.

And in your moderately sized room, with a solid subwoofer in play, there's no need to get the 210T for your front L/R, I would simply go with the M110 bookshelves + 210C. Heck, you'd probably be fine with 3 x M110.
I am planning to audition the XTZ speakers later this month, but unfortunately I would still not be able to listen to PSA to make a comparison. But either way, I would like to opt for the towers so as to give the entertainment center a complete look. I am somehow not convinced about the look of the bookshelf speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigpig View Post
I have access to a complete THX Ultra2 home theatre with a 7.2.4 layout, Anthem AVM 60 and amps. I can personally guarantee that they are the real deal. I have a Paradigm Prestige setup at home, but the Klipsch is on another level.
Thanks for suggesting. Since I am inclining towards towers for L/R channels, I was wondering if it makes sense to check out Klipsch RF-7iii and RF-64iii combo as well. Again, I wouldn't be able to listen to these and I am not sure how they compare with PSA 210 series speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pase22 View Post
PSA use compression drivers and are very efficient that even an entry level receiver could easily drive to louder levels than your ears can handle. Three MT-110 across the front would easily fill the room and you certainly have adequate amps to drive them so will blow the roof off if you choose to. Klipsch RP are also pretty efficient & would be the logical option since you like how the center sounds along with the added bonus of being more WAF friendly aesthetically. I've heard good things about XTZ, but can't offer much feedback.
I am completely confused between PSA 210 series, XTZ cinema series and Klipsch RF series. I hope to come to a logical conclusion soon.

Last edited by ece2k2; 12-15-2019 at 11:37 PM.
post #21 of 37 Old 12-15-2019, 11:48 PM

Quote:
I am completely confused between PSA 210 series, XTZ cinema series and Klipsch RF series. I hope to come to a logical conclusion soon.
Klipsch RF7iii specs:
https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fb...-Sheet-v02.pdf

XTZ M8 tower specs:
https://www.xtzsound.com/product/cin...ower?technical

PSA 210T specs:
https://www.powersoundaudio.com/products/mtm-210t

I would cross off the XTZ due to their low sensitivity (91Hz) compared to the other 2 speakers: 98db for the PSA and probably 95db (general rule of thumb is to subtract at least 5db from any listed sensitivity specs by Klipsch) for the RF7iii.

The thing I would pay attention to is that both the XTZ and Klipsch seem designed for full-range use, with 29Hz and 32Hz bass extension respectively. The 210T despite its enormous 10" woofers rolls off at 60Hz, which is quite high for a tower (my Wharfedale bookshelves with single 5" woofers goes down to 48Hz) but which suggests that it really was purpose-designed for Home Theater use, i.e. with a powerful sub (or two) doing all the heavy lifting, giving those huge 10" woofers the luxury of devoting themselves to the mids and highs.

With your 80% movies usage and your highly capable Rythmik sub, I would lean heavily towards the PSA.

The main benefit of the Klipsch would be the undeniably more attractive cabinets; the PSA's utilitarian/industrial look is its only con.

The Klipsch is worth trying if you can have the option of return for a full refund, or if the dealer would allow you to take home a demo pair for the weekend...otherwise there is SOME risk (less than on their mid- and lower model lines of course) that you might not like its treble presentation after several hours of prolonged exposure.

In contrast, I have never seen anyone EVER complain about any PSA speaker having "bright" or "aggressive" treble, so it would IMO be the safest choice if buying unheard.

The XTZ has six tweeters. I am not sure about the necessity of having more than one tweeter; if it were such a huge advantage, logic suggests that we'd see many more companies offering similar designs. Still, since I have not heard them myself or researched user feedback on them, I will withhold judgement.
bear123 likes this.

Last edited by Zorba922; 12-15-2019 at 11:54 PM.
post #22 of 37 Old 12-16-2019, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I would cross off the XTZ due to their low sensitivity (91Hz) compared to the other 2 speakers: 98db for the PSA and probably 95db (general rule of thumb is to subtract at least 5db from any listed sensitivity specs by Klipsch) for the RF7iii.

The thing I would pay attention to is that both the XTZ and Klipsch seem designed for full-range use, with 29Hz and 32Hz bass extension respectively. The 210T despite its enormous 10" woofers rolls off at 60Hz, which is quite high for a tower (my Wharfedale bookshelves with single 5" woofers goes down to 48Hz) but which suggests that it really was purpose-designed for Home Theater use, i.e. with a powerful sub (or two) doing all the heavy lifting, giving those huge 10" woofers the luxury of devoting themselves to the mids and highs.

With your 80% movies usage and your highly capable Rythmik sub, I would lean heavily towards the PSA.

The main benefit of the Klipsch would be the undeniably more attractive cabinets; the PSA's utilitarian/industrial look is its only con.

The Klipsch is worth trying if you can have the option of return for a full refund, or if the dealer would allow you to take home a demo pair for the weekend...otherwise there is SOME risk (less than on their mid- and lower model lines of course) that you might not like its treble presentation after several hours of prolonged exposure.

In contrast, I have never seen anyone EVER complain about any PSA speaker having "bright" or "aggressive" treble, so it would IMO be the safest choice if buying unheard.
Thank you, I will rule out the XTZ speakers then.

I wouldn't have the option to return the speakers - unless there is a manufacturing defect or some real issue with them. Could you please clarify a couple of things before I pull the trigger.

1. Are the Klipsch RF/RC speakers sensitive to placement or if they need room treatment? Do they perform as good as PSA in untreated rooms?
2. I am still a little hesitant about PSA due to the relatively higher pricing premium they command in India. I am not sure if Klipsch RF/RC speakers are heavily discounted in US, but compared to their MSRP prices ($5100), they are priced at a premium of 30% and costs about $6600 in India for LCR. PSA on the other hand command a premium of 77% compared to their US prices and costs $5400 here. Assuming that both these speakers are built in USA and they are equally heavy, it looks like Klipsch offers more value for money out here. Please let me know if there is some misunderstanding in my calculations.
3. Lastly, please let me know if there is any other brand that I need to seriously consider before making the purchase. Just trying to make sure that I don't miss out on something and regret later. Apart from Ascend Acoustics, Chane and a few other niche ID brands, it looks like all other brands are available in India.

Thanks again for all your help!

Last edited by ece2k2; 12-16-2019 at 01:32 AM.
post #23 of 37 Old 12-16-2019, 02:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you, I will rule out the XTZ speakers then.

I wouldn't have the option to return the speakers - unless there is a manufacturing defect or some real issue with them. Could you please clarify a couple of things before I pull the trigger.

1. Are the Klipsch RF/RC speakers sensitive to placement or if they need room treatment? Do they perform as good as PSA in untreated rooms?
2. I am still a little hesitant about PSA due to the relatively higher pricing premium they command in India. I am not sure if Klipsch RF/RC speakers are heavily discounted in US, but compared to their MSRP prices ($5100), they are priced at a premium of 30% and costs about $6600 in India for LCR. PSA on the other hand command a premium of 77% compared to their US prices and costs $5400 here. Assuming that both these speakers are built in USA and they are equally heavy, it looks like Klipsch offers more value for money out here. Please let me know if there is some misunderstanding in my calculations.
3. Lastly, please let me know if there is any other brand that I need to seriously consider before making the purchase. Just trying to make sure that I don't miss out on something and regret later. Apart from Ascend Acoustics, Chane and a few other niche ID brands, it looks like all other brands are available in India.

Thanks again for all your help!
PSA would likely overkill unless you're listening at movie theater levels. You certainly have enough amp power to drive even less sensitive ([email protected]) to louder levels than you'll likely need. Klipsch RF-7 will certainly be more refined and offer better sound Quality than the RP and RF series while also offering high sensitivity. There are so many other options available, but with 80% movies/tv Klipsch would be a good candidate. There are so many other options, but unsure what's available to you.

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, Kef Kube 10B (X2) , Denon AVR-X3400H, NAD 216 THX, Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: Kef Q100 ,JBL Loft 20, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
post #24 of 37 Old 12-16-2019, 03:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
PSA would likely overkill unless you're listening at movie theater levels. You certainly have enough amp power to drive even less sensitive ([email protected]) to louder levels than you'll likely need. Klipsch RF-7 will certainly be more refined and offer better sound Quality than the RP and RF series while also offering high sensitivity. There are so many other options available, but with 80% movies/tv Klipsch would be a good candidate. There are so many other options, but unsure what's available to you.
Typically, I listen at -10 to -13 volume level on my Anthem MRX720 receiver. Even with my current set of Boston Acoustics towers, achieving the volume isn't a problem, but I don't get that enthralling effect that I am looking for. As far as the availability is concerned, I can purchase SVS, Revel, KEF, Polk, Tannoy, Mission, Wharfedale, Elac, Q Acoustics, Monitor Audio, Morel, Dynaudio, Dali, Martin Logan, Paradigm, Sonus Faber, Emotiva, Jamo, Focal, B&W, Fyne Audio, BIC, JBL Stage, Emotiva, Definitive Technology, PSB, etc.

Last edited by ece2k2; 12-16-2019 at 03:34 AM.
post #25 of 37 Old 12-16-2019, 03:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Typically, I listen at -10 to -13 volume level on my Anthem MRX720 receiver. Even with my current set of Boston Acoustics towers, achieving the volume isn't a problem, but I don't get that enthralling effect that I am looking for. As far as the availability is concerned, I can purchase SVS, Revel, KEF, Polk, Tannoy, Mission, Wharfedale, Elac, Q Acoustics, Monitor Audio, Morel, Dynaudio, Dali, Martin Logan, Paradigm, Sonus Faber, Emotiva, Jamo, Focal, B&W, Fyne Audio, BIC, JBL Stage, Emotiva, Definitive Technology, PSB, etc.
It is a big space so adding a 2nd FV15 could make a big difference. If you're achieving your desired volume levels, a 2nd sub would be the logical next step. Not sure different speakers with the same size drivers will make much difference.

post #26 of 37 Old 12-16-2019, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
It is a big space so adding a 2nd FV15 could make a big difference. If you're achieving your desired volume levels, a 2nd sub would be the logical next step. Not sure different speakers with the same size drivers will make much difference.
I will definitely look into adding a 2nd FV15HP to my setup soon. My current L/R speakers have dual 6.5" drivers. Won't it make a lot of difference if I upgrade to something with dual 10" drivers - Klipsch RF-7 or PSA MTM-210t for movies?
post #27 of 37 Old 12-16-2019, 06:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2965 Post(s)
Liked: 4507
I wouldn’t base the decision on your local cost compared to how much they cost in the US. If you are getting the PSA for the same or lower cost local to you, they are a better, more capable speaker. They should cost more than the Klipsch. Their low price in the states is only because they are internet direct and have *very* little markup compared to Klipsch.

I would just base your decision on which is the better speaker for your application. The PSA is the better speaker. That it is cheaper is just icing on the cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #28 of 37 Old 12-16-2019, 06:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I will definitely look into adding a 2nd FV15HP to my setup soon. My current L/R speakers have dual 6.5" drivers. Won't it make a lot of difference if I upgrade to something with dual 10" drivers - Klipsch RF-7 or PSA MTM-210t for movies?
It could help with dynamics and presentation, but you should consider adding a 2nd sub and trying that first as it could be all you really need. If you still feel it's lacking, then consider spending thousands on new speakers.
sigpig likes this.

post #29 of 37 Old 12-16-2019, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

OK, I have decided to keep this as a 2 step process

Step 1: Rythmik FV15HP subwoofer - for going dual

Step 2: If I am not satisfied with the second subwoofer addition, I am going to add:
PSA MTM-210t Towers - to replace boston a360 towers
PSA MTM-210c Center - to replace klipsch rp250c center
I might also end up replacing my side surrounds with PSA MT-110SR speakers.

Thank you all!
Zorba922 likes this.
post #30 of 37 Old 12-16-2019, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

I have a quick question about the second subwoofer placement. The only place I can keep the second sub is inside the rack (circled in red in the picture attached) and I don't have the flexibility to keep it elsewhere in the room. Please let me know if there could be a potential problem with this placement. I don't want to introduce more problems if this placement is wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	2654746  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page