Near-Field Music System - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 211Likes

post #61 of 252 Old 12-17-2019, 07:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Iyengar View Post
Very interesting. I even found this information in support:

When music professionals listen to music, they do it with a different mindset than music consumers. Enthusiasts simply want to enjoy the music they love as best as they can. It doesn’t really matter if the sound they hear is an accurate reproduction of what the artist intended. All that matters is the listeners’ subjective impression. Most music consumers therefore prefer speakers that seem to enhance their listening experience.

Many hi-fi speakers accomplish this by boosting the bottom end and top end. The resulting “smiley curve” makes the music appear more powerful and crisp.

Musicians, producers, and engineers want something different. They need to hear the plain truth. They want speakers that add no extra sugar and hide no imperfections. It’s no different in the home studio. If there are wrong notes, extraneous noises, or imperfect sounds, you want to address those issues before anyone else may notice. So you need speakers that give you quite a bit more detail than usual hi-fi speakers.

If I were to get studio monitors, I'd get the Dynaudio BM5 that @enricoclaudio recommended. Seem to be the best bang for the buck at $499 ($799 MSRP) right before diminishing returns. However, if I were to get passives or regular powered speakers (Vanatoo, Kanto, etc), the jury's still out. Enjoyable learning.

Oh BTW the reason I'm not rushing is I went to Macy's and made a huge mistake yesterday. Went to return a $21 pair of pants that didn't fit but got suckered by those thin, heavily made-up 21 year olds in the perfume dept into buying $300 worth of perfume for my wife for Xmas :-( what a chump. Made the mistake of choosing Chanel over Dynaudio :-(

Lol. Happens.. the dyns bm5 thats 499. Is each correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vikram Iyengar likes this.

Sony XBR65A1E,(Pioneer 500m relocated), AppleTv 4K,Marantz sr7012, System Audio Loudspeakers( sa1750 mains), ML Grotto.
Eastern Electric Minimax cd, Oppo UDP-203, Toshiba HD, Pro Ject 1expression Carbon TT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 252 Old 12-17-2019, 07:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7976 Post(s)
Liked: 6086
Quote:
When music professionals listen to music, they do it with a different mindset than music consumers. Enthusiasts simply want to enjoy the music they love as best as they can. It doesn’t really matter if the sound they hear is an accurate reproduction of what the artist intended. All that matters is the listeners’ subjective impression. Most music consumers therefore prefer speakers that seem to enhance their listening experience.

Many hi-fi speakers accomplish this by boosting the bottom end and top end. The resulting “smiley curve” makes the music appear more powerful and crisp.

Musicians, producers, and engineers want something different. They need to hear the plain truth. They want speakers that add no extra sugar and hide no imperfections. It’s no different in the home studio. If there are wrong notes, extraneous noises, or imperfect sounds, you want to address those issues before anyone else may notice. So you need speakers that give you quite a bit more detail than usual hi-fi speakers.
Well, there are "smiley curve" speakers like Def Tech and SVS Prime which may make certain kinds of dynamic high tempo music shine, but then there are "mid-bass hump with treble roll off" speakers like the WD 10.1 which will make midrange-dominant, slow-tempo, simple compositions shine (as well as be more forgiving of crappy recordings). So a lot of it depends on what TYPE of music you listen to the most.

There is a school of thought (popular on AVS) that a highly detailed, super accurate and "neutral" speaker will work for everything and everyone. I have not found that to be the case with critical music listening, which is much more complex and subjective than HT. In fact, I find that hyper-detail for the sake of hyper-detail is not the be-all end-all popularly claimed unless one is always an ANALYTICAL listener.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #63 of 252 Old 12-17-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Went to return a $21 pair of pants that didn't fit but got suckered by those thin, heavily made-up 21 year olds in the perfume dept into buying $300 worth of perfume for my wife for Xmas :-( what a chump. Made the mistake of choosing Chanel over Dynaudio :-(
Yep, I always walk quickly through the perfume dept for that very reason. Safer (and lots cheaper) to buy that stuff online.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 252 Old 12-17-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
I loked up reviews for the $149.99 mini amp. Unfortunately, I should have read your own signature line on AVS That amp is made by a company in China that has no presence in the US. Fails in 1-3 months and no cust service
If I get separates, I'll stick to the Marantz NR1200 or Sprout. But thanks.
Obviously there is a risk factor when going that low, but even expensive receivers fail---look at accessories4less.com and all the $1500 brand name receivers sold as refurbs for 1/5 of MSRP. Marantz is definitely on that list, btw.

It's a calculated risk, like everything in life.

I'd rather have a $150 mini-amp fail than the built-in amp of an active speaker costing 5 times or more that amount.

If you want the best and well-documented long term reliability, go with a Yamaha receiver. But they don't make any with the tiny form factor you're looking for.

post #65 of 252 Old 12-17-2019, 09:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I loked up reviews for the $149.99 mini amp. Unfortunately, I should have read your own signature line on AVS That amp is made by a company in China that has no presence in the US. Fails in 1-3 months and no cust service

If you go that route marantz would be good. Another if budget permits if u havent looked already the peachtree would be a good choice.. imho

Sony XBR65A1E,(Pioneer 500m relocated), AppleTv 4K,Marantz sr7012, System Audio Loudspeakers( sa1750 mains), ML Grotto.
Eastern Electric Minimax cd, Oppo UDP-203, Toshiba HD, Pro Ject 1expression Carbon TT.
post #66 of 252 Old 12-17-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Do you have Dalis at home? Because your profile picture is Dali.
heh, no...I just like Dali's art and absurdist philosophy. The speakers bearing his name I haven't heard, though I usually hear good things about them.

post #67 of 252 Old 12-17-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Interesting. I prefer Geoff's absurdist philosophy instead. Can you believe he recommended a $99 DAC when I could have spent the next 3 months reading opinions and getting a $599 DAC instead? What is AVS coming to?
LOL, I beat him: I recommended a $16 one earlier:

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Extern...dp/B01M7QQQC7/

post #68 of 252 Old 12-17-2019, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
That Marantz is a receiver...would you be listening to AM/FM? If not a nice integrated would do fine. Good selection from these two...(but no Sprout here)

https://www.crutchfield.com/g_344650...ers.html?&pg=4

https://www.musicdirect.com/equipmen...oducts&c2=grid
post #69 of 252 Old 12-17-2019, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 3963 Post(s)
Liked: 3132
Quote:
... The salesperon kept pushing Audioengine HD6 on me instead and said don't do amp and passives for desktop...?
Be sure to take a nice long shower or bath after interacting with a salesperson.
post #70 of 252 Old 12-17-2019, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 245 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9667 Post(s)
Liked: 6702
Quote:
Thanks, yep looking at receiver too becuase could plug Google mini into it. Anyway, I called crutchfield yesterday to ask exactly about the devices you recommend above. The salesperon kept pushing Audioengine HD6 on me instead and said don't do amp and passives for desktop...?
To confuse you further the Dynaudio Xeo 2s are now $820 off.

Special offer:
Use code HOLIDAY at checkout to get them for $679.15/pair for a limited time.

https://www.worldwidestereo.com/prod...w5a8ja3q16azq0

Review here:

https://www.whathifi.com/us/dynaudio/xeo-2/review

Geoff A. J., California
post #71 of 252 Old 12-17-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Interesting. I prefer Geoff's absurdist philosophy instead. Can you believe he recommended a $99 DAC when I could have spent the next 3 months reading opinions and getting a $599 DAC instead? What is AVS coming to?
I prefer the term pragmatic.

It's how I retired at 51 without a defined benefit plan which I couldn't have accessed anyway at that age.

$300 in perfume?

Dynaudio has a 5 year warranty FYI.

I've found that if amps don't fail in year one they last, at a minimum, 9 years, most last far longer.

Geoff A. J., California
post #72 of 252 Old 12-17-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
You could pay off your student loans by 51?!?!?! I'll pay mine off by the time I'm 108 or so according to my calculations. Yeah, the Chanel N5 and Coco were $135 each but with taxes came to $298 Those salesgirls pointed to the words BELIEVE on the Macy's wall and then I saw a big star hanging from the ceiling and immediately took out my wallet. Are you saying mall Christmas is a ripoff??

Yeah, I worked testing integrated circuits at a previous job and we called the circuits that failed in a year "infant mortality." The remaining ones generally worked forever. My job was to stress the circuits at high speed, low voltage, or at high temp to accelerate the infant mortality so they could be quickly weeded out.
I paid of my student loans for my MBA in five years IIRC (age 25) but it was a long time ago and it was a State University in its infancy, (FIU in Miami, it's huge now), and I went to night school and weekends and worked five days a week.

Brutal but I got my degree.

My nephew and his buddy, both PHDs, one in Physic the other in Biology, had six figure loans to pay off.

They are in their mid 30s and not done.

My brother could pay my nephew's loan off tomorrow in cash but wants him to "learn a lesson" even though my Dad paid for his bachelors and MBA so he had zero student loan debt.

I had to pay for my MBA as my Dad got laid off.

My brother is being a bit hard on his son IMHO.

Geoff A. J., California
post #73 of 252 Old 12-17-2019, 04:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
I paid of my student loans for my MBA in five years IIRC (age 25) but it was a long time ago and it was a State University in its infancy, (FIU in Miami, it's huge now), and I went to night school and weekends and worked five days a week.

Brutal but I got my degree.

My nephew and his buddy, both PHDs, one in Physic the other in Biology, had six figure loans to pay off.

They are in their mid 30s and not done.

My brother could pay my nephew's loan off tomorrow in cash but wants him to "learn a lesson" even though my Dad paid for his bachelors and MBA so he had zero student loan debt.

I had to pay for my MBA as my Dad got laid off.

My brother is being a bit hard on his son IMHO.

Fiu and the U..my neighborhood ...

post #74 of 252 Old 12-17-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1 View Post
Fiu and the U..my neighborhood ...

Went to UM, (Dad paid), then FIU.

Lived on Bird Road.

I love love love Miami.

My wife hated is so we moved here in 1984.

It is great here and I still visit Miami as my brother lives near Dadeland and my best friend lives in Pinecrest.

My daughter just got married and had her honeymoon in the Keys.

Bought my first "real" system at a place down US1 near Suniland that was called HiFi Associates.

Bic Venturi Turntable, Sansui 881 receiver, (my friend is using it every day as I resurrected it), and JBL L26 speakers.

A revelation for me back then in 1976.

My last UM home game was in the old Orange Bowl when they won the National Championship in 1983.

Too bad they sucked this year and actually managed to lose to FIU!

They will never live that down.

Geoff A. J., California
post #75 of 252 Old 12-17-2019, 04:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Near-Field Music System

Quote:
Went to UM, (Dad paid), then FIU.

Lived on Bird Road.

I love love love Miami.

My wife hated is so we moved here in 1984.

It is great here and I still visit Miami as my brother lives near Dadeland and my best friend lives in Pinecrest.

My daughter just got married and had her honeymoon in the Keys.

Bought my first "real" system at a place down US1 near Suniland that was called HiFi Associates.

Bic Venturi Turntable, Sansui 881 receiver, (my friend is using it every day as I resurrected it), and JBL L26 speakers.

A revelation for me back then in 1976.

My last UM home game was in the old Orange Bowl when they won the National Championship in 1983.

Too bad they sucked this year and actually managed to lose to FIU!

They will never live that down.

Lol. No they wont..ill never leave .. have this hobby plus my boat ( a must have)

Speaking of bird rd grew up in that area. S. Miami hs grad..

Last edited by rocky1; 12-17-2019 at 04:25 PM.
post #76 of 252 Old 12-17-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Lol. No they wont..ill never leave .. have this hobby plus my boat ( a must have)

Sonoma County is "better" for me and my family in most every way but I still love South Florida and always will.

I used to love to go to the night college baseball games at what was then called Mark Light Field.

Funny thing is we moved all the rattan furniture from Miami here as it was very nice and it is what we still use in our home theater room which we call our Florida Room!

They used to be in our house near Bird and Red Roads and the only a/c was in the bedroom but we had jalousie windows and a ceiling fan.

Don't miss having to wash every glass out of the cupboard though as there was ALWAYS a Palmetto Bug or three in there!

Good times, good times.

Geoff A. J., California
post #77 of 252 Old 12-17-2019, 09:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1449 Post(s)
Liked: 996
Quote:
The Kanto TUK's looking pretty good too. AMT and seems to go to 50 Hz (at what dB?). It's got a USB input so no need for another box. But the Dynaudio at 50% off is likely a better deal as long as I get that $99 USB DAC. Has an Aluminium woofer though and I've read on AVS that metal tweeters cause fatugue/brightness.

EDIT. Hahaha I just found a reviews site called ... wait for it ... https://positive-feedback.com!!! hahaha they're not even pretending to be objective! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
No Dynaudio speaker uses metal tweeters or aluminum woofers they use soft dome tweeters and magnesium silicate polymer woofers.

There were some concerns that powered speaker amps can die... Dynaudio has a very good warranty and makes sure customers are always taken care of even once warranties expire many times.

I’ve worked with a few dealers the bests ones will ask questions and show what’s possible at your given price range. The worst ones say, don’t do this... do this instead. And not just dealers but some audio company owners are like that too. Caveat Emptor

Btw, who spends $300 on perfumes? I mean I have D&G and Issey Miyaki and Christian Laquoix(?).... but damn $300 at once?

Dynaudio Contour 20, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, Naim Uniti Star, Marantz SR5010, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD, XBOX ONE S

Last edited by callas01; 12-17-2019 at 10:31 PM.
post #78 of 252 Old 12-18-2019, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My bad, the Kanto has the Al woofer, not the Dyn. The Dyn Xeo2 is looking better and better to me. I guess these are my shortlists:

Studio monitors: Dyn BM5; Focal Alpha 65

Powered speakers: Kanto TUK; Vanatoo TIE; Dyn Xeo2 or Xeo4

Amps: Sprout; Peachtree; NR1200

Passives: RSL CG5; Ascend Sierra 2EX or Luna

Time to decide i suppose...

post #79 of 252 Old 12-18-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
My bad, the Kanto has the Al woofer, not the Dyn. The Dyn Xeo2 is looking better and better to me. I guess these are my shortlists:

Studio monitors: Dyn BM5; Focal Alpha 65

Powered speakers: Kanto TUK; Vanatoo TIE; Dyn Xeo2 or Xeo4

Amps: Sprout; Peachtree; NR1200

Passives: RSL CG5; Ascend Sierra 2EX or Luna
Was there a reason you ruled out the Wharfedale Evo 4.1?
post #80 of 252 Old 12-18-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Yes, same reason I ruled it out for my HT room too. Doesn't play as well at lower volumes. I have the same issue with my Polk s15s. They really good at medium and higher volumes (above 75-80 db at 10 ft from speakers). Below that volume my Polks sound hissy/screechy. My problem is due to my family I can't listen that loud. That's why I got on AVS in the first place 4 mos ago to find out why my Polks were not sounding good. After many experiments, I realized this volume/power characteristic.

Also the reason I'm setting up a 2.0 critical listening system for music at my desk in my enclosed home office that won't bother family. Family sits in HT room often (its our family room) so I can't play music there. Family room is open to house so even if family is not in family room, I can't play music loud - it'll disturb them.

The Sierra 2EX supposed to be good at lower volume.
I totally understand. We're in a similar situation. I've got a 5.1 set up in our living room for movies and multichannel music. Problem is it's disturbing to the fam if I want to play music and they want the TV. Our computer is in a tiny room off the kitchen that would be perfect for me to chill out to some tunes. The biggest problem I'm having is finding speakers appropriate for not only desktop duties, but also making 5.1 work in that small space. Seems like whenever I find some bookshelves I like the matching center is way too big to work on a desktop set up. I'm bound and determined to make it happen, hence following all your posts carefully. The proverbial carrot I'm dangling in front of me is Pink Floyd SACD's...wonderful music surrounding me after a long day of work. Glass of wine in hand...
post #81 of 252 Old 12-18-2019, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctors11 View Post
I totally understand. We're in a similar situation. I've got a 5.1 set up in our living room for movies and multichannel music. Problem is it's disturbing to the fam if I want to play music and they want the TV. Our computer is in a tiny room off the kitchen that would be perfect for me to chill out to some tunes. The biggest problem I'm having is finding speakers appropriate for not only desktop duties, but also making 5.1 work in that small space. Seems like whenever I find some bookshelves I like the matching center is way too big to work on a desktop set up. I'm bound and determined to make it happen, hence following all your posts carefully. The proverbial carrot I'm dangling in front of me is Pink Floyd SACD's...wonderful music surrounding me after a long day of work. Glass of wine in hand...

I think there are many of us in same situation . Without a dedicated room its tough. I have all my gear in my family room. Except a few pieces in another very small room which only mildly serves as a getaway.but do have some nice speakers in there..

doctors11 and Vikram Iyengar like this.

post #82 of 252 Old 12-18-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
I listen to lots of Floyd with wine. Why on earth do you want 5.1 for music? SACDs are 5.1? All I'm looking to do is 2.0 or 2.1 in my computer room since Tidal is just stereo I think.

Regular powered stereo speakers may be least clutter (no amp, no audio interface) I'm beginning to think.
Wow...Start researching Universal BluRay players. I have an Oppo 203 (Oppo has since closed their A/V division) Other makes are Sony and Pioneer and rumor is Panasonic will next year. Make sure they play SACD, DVD-Audio, and BluRay Audio discs. Buy Dark Side of the Moon and/or Wish You Were Here multi channel SACD's, pop one in, pour yourself your favorite vintage, dim the lights and be swept away!...
rocky1 and Vikram Iyengar like this.
post #83 of 252 Old 12-18-2019, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Wow...Start researching Universal BluRay players. I have an Oppo 203 (Oppo has since closed their A/V division) Other makes are Sony and Pioneer and rumor is Panasonic will next year. Make sure they play SACD, DVD-Audio, and BluRay Audio discs. Buy Dark Side of the Moon and/or Wish You Were Here multi channel SACD's, pop one in, pour yourself your favorite vintage, dim the lights and be swept away!...

Ill second this.. have same oppo and disc... question if u dont mind are you using hdmi or the analog connects..

post #84 of 252 Old 12-18-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Ill second this.. have same oppo and disc... question if u dont mind are you using hdmi or the analog connects..

HDMI. I don't remember but doesn't the 203 only have stereo rca's? Maybe I'm thinking of my Marantz receiver only having stereo in rca's...

Anyway it sounds fantastic!
post #85 of 252 Old 12-18-2019, 03:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
HDMI. I don't remember but doesn't the 203 only have stereo rca's? Maybe I'm thinking of my Marantz receiver only having stereo in rca's...

Anyway it sounds fantastic!

Nope has it all. But i use hdmi aswell. Does great

post #86 of 252 Old 12-18-2019, 03:08 PM

Now we need to convince Vikram of taking the multichannel plunge!
post #87 of 252 Old 12-20-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:
@Zorba922 , wait a min. For 4 mos, I've read on AVS that speakers are rear ported to increase the bass output. Placing such a speaker close to walls makes the bass even more. But now you are saying rear-ported should be avoided if one wants to get more bass??
Rear ported should be avoided if you can't give them at least six (preferably 12 if the speaker has lots of mid-bass) inches rear clearance, otherwise boomy/muddy bass is often the result. Using bass management (AVRs only, usually) and/or foam port plugs can sometimes help.

post #88 of 252 Old 12-21-2019, 07:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1449 Post(s)
Liked: 996
Quote:
Quote:
The Sabre Dacs are well regarded for sure.

But why not just get that in something that doesn't have a bunch of features you won't use and is less money like this:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_703DGN...lack-v1-5.html
Geoff, I'm thinking of getting the Dynaudio Xeo2 you recommended. For best SQ playing hi-res Tidal, I shouldn't connect the 3.5m mm headphone out of my PC to the 3.5 mm input of the speakers because that'll mean my PC's DAC is used, right?

My PC has no optical out but it has USB out. The Dynaudio has no USB in. So I thought of using this Sabre USB dac you recommended. It can be plugged into USB port of my PC. The DAC's 3.5 mm out can go to 3.5 mm input of Xeo2, right?

But look at this pic I'm attaching from Crutchfield. The user connected the 3.5 mm out of his phone to the DAC. That means his phone's DAC is used to send analog signal to the external USB DAC?? How will this work??
You do not need a dac for the XEO it will take whatever signal you give it and convert it back to digital to apply the DSP and then convert to analog internally right before it sends the final signal to the drivers. Raw digital inputs are preferred.

Dynaudio Contour 20, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, Naim Uniti Star, Marantz SR5010, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD, XBOX ONE S
post #89 of 252 Old 12-21-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Geoff, I'm thinking of getting the Dynaudio Xeo2 you recommended. For best SQ playing hi-res Tidal, I shouldn't connect the 3.5m mm headphone out of my PC to the 3.5 mm input of the speakers because that'll mean my PC's DAC is used, right?

My PC has no optical out but it has USB out. The Dynaudio has no USB in. So I thought of using this Sabre USB dac you recommended. It can be plugged into USB port of my PC. The DAC's 3.5 mm out can go to 3.5 mm input of Xeo2, right?

But look at this pic I'm attaching from Crutchfield. The user connected the 3.5 mm out of his phone to the DAC. That means his phone's DAC is used to send analog signal to the external USB DAC?? How will this work??
Your understanding is my understand but definitely talk to Crutchfield or read the manual which is linked on the Crutchfield page for every product they sell but, oddly, looking at it, there is no clear diagram showing how to hook up to a stereo or active speakers which it most certainly can do.

It seems it can be used multiple ways as in the 2 Crutchfield videos and I don't think that iPhone connection is 3.5mm out.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_703DGN...lack-v1-5.html

Geoff A. J., California
post #90 of 252 Old 12-21-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
To avoid using my PC's DAC, I could either get the USB DAC you recommend or (even better) send a signal to the optical input of the Xeo2, thus using the Xeo2's DAC, which should be superior to the Sabre, right?

My PC has only USB out. How do I send a digital optical signal to the Xeo2 from my PC?
That is odd; can't you just buy a new internal sound card that has optical audio out?

Geoff A. J., California
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page