Front Stage Advice replacing Klipsch - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By cocrh
  • 1 Post By gajCA
  • 1 Post By rhelliott2

post #1 of 8 Old 12-14-2019, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Front Stage Advice replacing Klipsch

Was looking for a bit of advice before making an upgrade to my Klipsch front stage. I currently have Klipsch RF-82 ii's and an RC-62 ii center that I am planning on upgrading. My surrounds are Klipsch RS-52 ii x 2 and RP-250S x 2 and subs are Klipsch R-115SW x 2. I am planning on buying Outlaw Monoblock 2200 amps x 3 and have a Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3080 receiver and plan on using the pre-amp output for my fronts and center.

Was planning on buying the RF-7 iii floorstanding speakers and RC-64 iii center, as they are the obvious upgrade choice and I do like the Klipsch sound, but feel like if I am spending 5K or more then I should at least consider other options. Also, while the Klipsch are OK to look at, there are more aesthetically pleasing options out there in my opinion, and I would be willing to spend a few thousand more if the sound and look of the speakers was better.

My questions are mostly general, as I know that I need to audition any high end speakers before buying them. Mainly, should I stick with Klipsch for front and center if I don't plan on upgrading my surrounds and subs? Should I only buy more expensive upgrades if I listen to a lot of music? (I use my speakers for roughly 80 percent home theater) Do I need to match my amplifier to the speakers that I buy (should I hold off on purchasing the Monoblocks)? What brands should I consider if I was looking in the 5-10K range for fronts and a matching center?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-14-2019, 03:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 484
Power Sound Audio (PSA) might be a good company to check for replacing the Klipsch.

See their official thread with some comparisons on Klipsh and PSA.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-sp...l#post58924622
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-sp...l#post58928306
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-sp...l#post58941292
rhelliott2 and Madmax67 like this.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-14-2019, 03:26 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 239 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9555 Post(s)
Liked: 6601
Quote:
Originally Posted by georged82 View Post
Was looking for a bit of advice before making an upgrade to my Klipsch front stage. I currently have Klipsch RF-82 ii's and an RC-62 ii center that I am planning on upgrading. My surrounds are Klipsch RS-52 ii x 2 and RP-250S x 2 and subs are Klipsch R-115SW x 2. I am planning on buying Outlaw Monoblock 2200 amps x 3 and have a Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3080 receiver and plan on using the pre-amp output for my fronts and center.

Was planning on buying the RF-7 iii floorstanding speakers and RC-64 iii center, as they are the obvious upgrade choice and I do like the Klipsch sound, but feel like if I am spending 5K or more then I should at least consider other options. Also, while the Klipsch are OK to look at, there are more aesthetically pleasing options out there in my opinion, and I would be willing to spend a few thousand more if the sound and look of the speakers was better.

My questions are mostly general, as I know that I need to audition any high end speakers before buying them. Mainly, should I stick with Klipsch for front and center if I don't plan on upgrading my surrounds and subs? Should I only buy more expensive upgrades if I listen to a lot of music? (I use my speakers for roughly 80 percent home theater) Do I need to match my amplifier to the speakers that I buy (should I hold off on purchasing the Monoblocks)? What brands should I consider if I was looking in the 5-10K range for fronts and a matching center?
Add JTR to your list with that type of budget.

http://jtrspeakers.com/home-audio.html

Just noticed, they are coming out with some "budget" $2000/pair models soon.
cocrh likes this.

Geoff A. J., California
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-14-2019, 03:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 484
Another one to look at is JTR, they are a more expensive but very highly rated.

http://jtrspeakers.com/home-audio.html

Oh and with PSA or JTR you could probably do just fine with just your 3080 AVR as both are very efficient.

Looks like gajCA posted just as I was probably hitting the submit button
post #5 of 8 Old 12-14-2019, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 441 Post(s)
Liked: 171
The OP has asked for aesthetically pleasing options. I'm not sure the PSA or JTR qualify, but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Tony
post #6 of 8 Old 12-14-2019, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 441
I upgraded from Klipsch RP to PSA speakers and subs...im extremely happy. Check out JTR as well. Function over form IMHO.
Zorba922 likes this.

Living Room: 5.1.2 PSA MT110L/R | PSA MTM210C | Polk TSi100 S/R | Atmos in-ceiling Mag6R
SUB: PSA V1512
RECEIVER: Denon X3400H
DISPLAY: Vizio P65-C1
SOURCES, MISC, & 2ch: Xbox One X, Harmony Elite, Aircom T10, Chane A1.5 & AD18
post #7 of 8 Old 12-14-2019, 06:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked: 706
I directly auditioned the RF-7iii, Kef R900, and Paradigm Prestige 85F.

I bought the Paradigms...
post #8 of 8 Old 12-15-2019, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 239 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9555 Post(s)
Liked: 6601
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeno View Post
The OP has asked for aesthetically pleasing options. I'm not sure the PSA or JTR qualify, but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Yeah I couldn't have them in my room but if you are used to the sheer dynamics of the Klipsch RF series they are worth considering.

Geoff A. J., California
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page