AVS Forum banner

Active pa speakers

874 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Rgarc 
#1 ·
Hi , just looking for advice as to replacing my Yamaha DXR15s . 5 piece band with keys , vocals & guitar through main pa system .behringer Xair18 desk . Found the Yamaha’s to be a bit mid n bottom heavy & the vocal clarity suffers slightly . Using decent quality mics so no problem there & desk eq nicely . Needing a lighter option if possible & would consider 12ins actives also . Playing small & mid sized pubs mostly aprox 50 to 100 people . Any suggestions would be appreciated . Thanks

#3 ·
This isn't really the place for PA advice, but since you're here, there are a few options you have that would be an upgrade. I'm not sure what your budget is, but my top recommendation would be JBL SRX815p. A close second would be the Yamaha DSR115's. Heard the DSR115's and they're fantastic. I think they have a new line coming out called the DZR series, which is worth a look also. A third option and also great option would be the EV ETX stuff. The EV-ETX 15Ps sound great as well. All of these come in 12" versions so if you want to down size slightly, you can do that as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.