Upgrading Recommendation from Mythos
I have a Mythos setup that I'm growing tired of. 4s towers in front, a 7, some crap surrounds, and a SVS PB sub that is bigger than a coffee table. Now, I'm a little spoiled because often times I compare it to my friend's B&W Diamond setup which isn't fair. But, I would like a little more range in my front speakers for movies/dialogue, especially in the center channel. Not much music listening, but lots of Movies/Gaming. I'm looking at the SVS towers & center simply because the sub has been good, and wondering how they compare to my current setup and if they're a big improvement.
Other things I'm considering are
1) Your budget. - I'd like to do a full atmos setup for $2K-$4K and re-use my current SVS Sub and Receiver. Especially if people can give me a few options to look out for on craigslist. I'd love on-wall for L/R but not sure there's good options there so towers are ok (prefer to not do monitors for aesthetics)
2) Your listening interests: movies/gaming/music - Movies/Gaming, less music.
3) Your existing audio equipment (make/models) if any. Include comments about what you hope to improve upon. 5.1 setup. Mythos 4, 7, SVS PB, Denon S720W. Fuller front sound, clearer audio, +Atmos. Don't really want to wire up the top speakers so if there's an up-firing option that may be nice. Rear speakers are wired up a little too far behind listening area (45 degrees / 14' behind seating area in rear corners of the room.. just gotta live with that for now)
4) The size of your room. Please also mention if there are adjacent open areas and how big they are (important for subwoofer choice). Giant, about the size of a 3-car garage. Lots of hard surfaces (windows, glass covered sports memorabilia/pictures).
5) Any placement restrictions. Would prefer on-wall since I have kids, but I think for the quality I want I need towers. Center might be an issue as I have space for about the width of about 20-22" in the floating shelf below the TV. Again, if there's nothing good in this size I could re-org my setup.
6) Any aesthetic or size concerns. Discussed in #5.
7) Any equipment you are already considering (or would not consider). SVS, Paradigm Reference, etc. Also would love recommendations on setups to "watch out for" on craigslist in my space.
8) Any particular audio sonic signatures you know you prefer (e.g., you are a basshead, you have a preference for bright treble, etc.) I'd like it to be less noticeable how much sound is coming directionally from the sub and for the fronts to pick up more base
Thank you all so much for your help.