Def Tech Pro Cinema 800 Speaker Stands - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By pstapler
  • 1 Post By pstapler

post #1 of 11 Old 02-14-2020, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Def Tech Pro Cinema 800 Speaker Stands

After many years of absence from any sort of home theater equipment, I have recently purchased some new equipment including the Pro Cinema 800 speaker system. Our living room isn't too large so it should suffice. So now my venture is to find some stands for the rears. Our walls are situated for wall mounting. Did some reading through the Def Tech thread. Have done lots of searching online. Haven't really seen anything that grabs my attention. I didn't care for the Def Tech specific stands.

For owners of similar size systems, what are you using for surround speaker stands? What are your likes and dislikes? I'd like to find something with wire passage through the tube if possible.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

TIA...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-14-2020, 06:10 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 261 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8024 Post(s)
Liked: 6134
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstapler View Post
After many years of absence from any sort of home theater equipment, I have recently purchased some new equipment including the Pro Cinema 800 speaker system. Our living room isn't too large so it should suffice. So now my venture is to find some stands for the rears. Our walls are situated for wall mounting. Did some reading through the Def Tech thread. Have done lots of searching online. Haven't really seen anything that grabs my attention. I didn't care for the Def Tech specific stands.

For owners of similar size systems, what are you using for surround speaker stands? What are your likes and dislikes? I'd like to find something with wire passage through the tube if possible.
This is what I use for my rear surrounds, and they do have wire management capability but I'm too lazy to use it, lol.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PS. If you haven't ordered that DT system yet, there are far, far better ways to spend $900 for a 5.1 setup if you are open to alternatives.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #3 of 11 Old 02-14-2020, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

I actually did review those stands today. Yes I have already ordered and received the Def Tech system. I have several constraints I am having to work within...including and most important, my wife.

Thank you for posting.
Zorba922 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 02-14-2020, 08:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 325
When I had the 800s I found the Def Tech stands to be well worth it, particularly at the discounted price you can often find them at.
post #5 of 11 Old 02-14-2020, 08:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 3199 Post(s)
Liked: 3008
These seem to fit the bill at a reasonable price:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HZHUCW..._t2_B00170O1J8

or these:

https://www.amazon.com/ECHOGEAR-Adju...07C9CTWS7ZCMCX

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.
post #6 of 11 Old 02-15-2020, 05:55 AM - Thread Starter

I did review the DT stands and I like them. However, I’m afraid the base is too large for the area I need to place them. I actually have a set of the first Amazon link posted in our kids room. I’m good with those, but they didn’t meet my wife’s approval.

I’m leaning towards these... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07925B8PD/?coliid=I2Z55ZTTG84JWV&colid=2I4CA97FKP4P&psc=1&re f_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Because I think I can position the feet in a manner to fit where I need them. Some have complained they aren’t well made. Can’t expect much for $35 I presume.

Thank you all for the suggestions.
post #7 of 11 Old 02-15-2020, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 3199 Post(s)
Liked: 3008
Looks like a good choice. Pics when it's all set up!

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.
post #8 of 11 Old 02-15-2020, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Copy that. My neighbor finished building my built-in shelves today. He's bringing them over tonight. I got the front L/R wired and mounted today. Didn't know the ProCenter 1000 needed special mounts. Ordered those today. I think my wife is getting tired of this project and I needed to work on my racecar today...fun times.
post #9 of 11 Old 02-15-2020, 08:47 PM

Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstapler View Post
Copy that. My neighbor finished building my built-in shelves today. He's bringing them over tonight. I got the front L/R wired and mounted today. Didn't know the ProCenter 1000 needed special mounts. Ordered those today. I think my wife is getting tired of this project and I needed to work on my racecar today...fun times.
Only responding because I can relate some, and I found the similarity amusing. I've been fussing with my HT setup in the basement since Christmas, picked up some new stuff today that I now need to spend tomorrow installing/running cable for. What I SHOULD be doing, is putting the engine back in my autocross car.
post #10 of 11 Old 02-16-2020, 04:52 AM - Thread Starter

I hear you. It’s a damned if you do and damned if you don’t. Need to get this done, need to get that done...
FISHTAILN5OH likes this.
post #11 of 11 Old 02-21-2020, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Front is done. Still waiting on the hardware for the rear stands. Wasn’t included in the box. Their solution was to send me a entire new set of stands instead of the hardware. Will probably watch my first home theater movie in 15 years tonight.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page