In- Ceiling speaker recommendations...again - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-21-2020, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
In- Ceiling speaker recommendations...again

I just searched this topic and found some recommended speakers such as RSH and Monoprice for in-ceiling speakers but most of the posts were about using them for surround sound. I am remodeling our kitchen and used to have a Sonos Play 5 in the room and am now thinking about ceiling speakers as the wife does not want anything on a shelf or mounted on a wall. I am considering the Monoprice Alpha 8in speakers but only for the price point at this stage because I haven't found much about how they sound for music. I may be purchasing 3 to 4 pairs of speakers as I want to cover the kitchen, dining room and a family room. Does anyone recommend the Monoprice speakers or have a better choice? Budget wise I would consider up to $200/speaker but would like to get them for less as I will most likely drive them with some Sonos AMPs.

Thanks,
Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-21-2020, 10:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ando1 View Post
I just searched this topic and found some recommended speakers such as RSH and Monoprice for in-ceiling speakers but most of the posts were about using them for surround sound. I am remodeling our kitchen and used to have a Sonos Play 5 in the room and am now thinking about ceiling speakers as the wife does not want anything on a shelf or mounted on a wall. I am considering the Monoprice Alpha 8in speakers but only for the price point at this stage because I haven't found much about how they sound for music. I may be purchasing 3 to 4 pairs of speakers as I want to cover the kitchen, dining room and a family room. Does anyone recommend the Monoprice speakers or have a better choice? Budget wise I would consider up to $200/speaker but would like to get them for less as I will most likely drive them with some Sonos AMPs.

Thanks,
Andy
I’m using JBL SP6CII (6”woofer)..retails for $219.00 pair. Currently selling on Amazon for $$82.83 pair.

8” version is SP8CII...selling on Amazon for $148.74 pair.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-21-2020, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thanks Boombox13. I looked at those and added them to my list of possibles. Another one I found it the Polk RC80i. These seemed to get good reviews on Amazon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-21-2020, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 592 Post(s)
Liked: 312
check out the RSL C34E - Very often recommended here.

another to consider is Axiom audio, but over budget - these have an integrated back box.

Main: Sony XBR75900E, Denon AVR-x4400, Denon POA-5200 (L/R(a) Goldenear supersat 60, (b)FW Boston acoustic Bravo 2. C Goldenear supersat 60C,
SSR DIYSG Volt 6v2. RSS Volt 6, Atmos(.4) Boston acoustics soundware XS
HSU research ULS -15, Episode ES-IW-Dual 8 / Monitor audio IWA 250 amp 2nd Rm: Visio E55, Denon avr730H, Boston Acoustics CR8, cr400 sub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page