The Official Vanatoo Transparent One Encore Thread - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes
  • 1 Post By Vikram Iyengar
  • 1 Post By doctors11
  • 1 Post By doctors11

post #1 of 7 Old 02-27-2020, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 931 Post(s)
Liked: 197
The Official Vanatoo Transparent One Encore Thread

Hoping to pick up feedback from others who've experience with this active speaker as I purchase it for my desktop. I did read a bunch of good professional reviews and two youtubers (Z reviews & ZeroFidelity). ZeroFidelity said it has a detailed high-end, thin midrange, and good bass but is not warm. By that I hope he meant flat and transparent and that it was not a criticism of the midrange because all my music is midrange heavy.
doctors11 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-27-2020, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 127
post #3 of 7 Old 02-27-2020, 01:28 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-27-2020, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctors11 View Post
Is this guy Legit? He suggests the T1E is not best for desktop use and must be played loud on a desktop to sound good. He recommends the T0 for desktop and the T1E for a medium-sized room. More damning, he also says vocals are not the best because the vocal frequencies are not boosted. That's two youtubers who've said the same thing now, this guy and Zero Fidelity. Vocals are a big part of my music.

Update: Gary from Vanatoo got back to me in 10 min on e-mail on this issue. He completely resolved my doubts and described optimal speaker placement.
doctors11 likes this.

Last edited by Vikram Iyengar; 02-28-2020 at 09:56 AM.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-28-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Iyengar View Post
Is this guy Legit? He suggests the T1E is not best for desktop use and must be played loud on a desktop to sound good. He recommends the T0 for desktop and the T1E for a medium-sized room. More damning, he also says vocals are not the best because the vocal frequencies are not boosted. That's two youtubers who've said the same thing now, this guy and Zero Fidelity. Vocals are a big part of my music.

Update: Gary from Vanatoo got back to me in 10 min on e-mail on this issue. He completely resolved my doubts and described optimal speaker placement.
After watching both of the above videos again, I'm still convinced these are top notch speakers. I think Josh was nit picking since he also states these are the best active speakers under $1000. And Joe states these are the best desktop speakers he's ever heard, saying they are immensely enjoyable and also great for professional studio work.

Pretty high praises. Now it doesn't mean you'll love them, you'll just have to order them and see.

Looking forward to your impressions.
Vikram Iyengar likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-28-2020, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctors11 View Post
After watching both of the above videos again, I'm still convinced these are top notch speakers. I think Josh was nit picking since he also states these are the best active speakers under $1000. And Joe states these are the best desktop speakers he's ever heard, saying they are immensely enjoyable and also great for professional studio work.

Pretty high praises. Now it doesn't mean you'll love them, you'll just have to order them and see.

Looking forward to your impressions.
Agreed 100%. Josh is a bit confusing because he says best active speakers under $1000 and gives them a 10/10 rating. Then he says vocals are not the best and the speaker's not the best for a desktop I think it's like when I look at my kid's homework and say "Great Job! Now here's what we can improve."

Thanks for all the support @doctors11
doctors11 likes this.

Last edited by Vikram Iyengar; 02-29-2020 at 04:09 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-20-2020, 05:24 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Holy cow! I thought the Vanatoo T1Es were great for blues that I normally listen to. I was wrong. They are fabulous for jazz. I'm listening to Miles Davis and Miles is in the center, some kind of high-pitched drum is on the right, and a softer wind instrument is on my left. I've NEVER heard such instrument separation before and I feel guilty at the pleasure. How do the speakers manage to place the center image so precisely between the speakers emanating from my PC screen where there is nothin?!
doctors11 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page