A center to go with these JM Reynaud Offrandes - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-21-2020, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
lessblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
A center to go with these JM Reynaud Offrandes

I don't watch tv/movies loud, it's a small living room, tv is about 15 feet away.

Help, I don't know where to start with a center for:



http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...udoffrande.htm

I almost sold these but that wouldve been stupid.

Sensitivity: 89dB/W/m
Frequency Response: 30Hz to 20 kHz
Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
Power Handling Capacity: 90 watts
Peak Power: 260 watts
Distortion: Typically under 0.6%
Phase Response: +/- 15° between 2kHz and 20kHz
Nominal Acoustic Pressure: 107dB (A weighting)
Connections: Single or Bi-Wiring (recommended)
Dimensions: 43" x 8.5" x 16" (HxLxD, stand included)

My amp is the Audio Control Pantages G3

Preamplifier is the Anthem AVM 60.

My BA VPS210 subwoofer is something I will later get upgraded to a Rythmik Rythmik Audio L12 Servo Sub
lessblue is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 05-21-2020, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
lessblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well for $172 couldn't hurt to check out the RC263. While I wait for it to arrive, other suggestions?
The Offrandes are really good speakers. They were $4500 in 2002. After this model, the son took over the brand and had a different idea of what the sound should be.

And they are made of solid beechnut wood, stands also. Price isn't the issue, I just bought the RC263. But I do want a center that would do the Offrandes some justice
lessblue is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 05-22-2020, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 2,278
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1183 Post(s)
Liked: 1034
A centre from Focal might be a good match.
I'm sure Jim Salk would be able to design a centre to match the sound and looks of your curent speakers. Heck, he could even build you Rhythmik subs to match your mains.
https://www.salksound.com/
sigpig is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 Old 05-22-2020, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: USA
Posts: 537
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessblue View Post
I don't watch tv/movies loud, it's a small living room, tv is about 15 feet away.

Help, I don't know where to start with a center for:



http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...udoffrande.htm

I almost sold these but that wouldve been stupid.

Sensitivity: 89dB/W/m
Frequency Response: 30Hz to 20 kHz
Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
Power Handling Capacity: 90 watts
Peak Power: 260 watts
Distortion: Typically under 0.6%
Phase Response: +/- 15° between 2kHz and 20kHz
Nominal Acoustic Pressure: 107dB (A weighting)
Connections: Single or Bi-Wiring (recommended)
Dimensions: 43" x 8.5" x 16" (HxLxD, stand included)

My amp is the Audio Control Pantages G3

Preamplifier is the Anthem AVM 60.

My BA VPS210 subwoofer is something I will later get upgraded to a Rythmik Rythmik Audio L12 Servo Sub

those are beautiful.

really really sharp looking speakers and stand


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 55C8, Pioneer Elite VSX-LX503, Panamax M5400, Microsoft Xbox One X, Nvidia Shield Pro
Definitive Technology: BP9060 Front left/right/CS9040 center/A90 front Atmos/ProMonitor 800 rear Atmos/SR9040 surround left/right
Rythmik FVX15
MATTHEW PATIENT is online now  
post #5 of 7 Old 05-22-2020, 08:38 AM
Member
 
s2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 95
The 30hz is pretty impressive for a bookshelve speaker.

They look really nice as well.

The potential subwoofer upgrade may make the biggest immediate impact.

Im debating the upgrade to a musical sub as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[I]Video: Sony XBR-75X850C 75 inch 4k - Samsung 55inch 4k -58 PANASONIC PZ850u plasma
4k-Blu Ray: Sony UBP x800 - PS3 - oppo 103 Amp and power : Pioneer elite SC - 27 - Monster Power AVS 2000 Reference - DT BP 30s- 10s - citation 5.1
Speakers and Sub : Kef Model reference 1 - DT CLR 2000 - DT UIW BP/A in ceiling rears - DT BPX Rears - JTR Captivator 118HT

Last edited by s2000; 05-22-2020 at 08:43 AM.
s2000 is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 05-22-2020, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
lessblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTHEW PATIENT View Post
those are beautiful.

really really sharp looking speakers and stand


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, thats a picture I found online. Here are better and actual pics of mine:











lessblue is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 05-22-2020, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
lessblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigpig View Post
A centre from Focal might be a good match.
I'm sure Jim Salk would be able to design a centre to match the sound and looks of your curent speakers. Heck, he could even build you Rhythmik subs to match your mains.
https://www.salksound.com/
Thank you, I might inquire about that approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000 View Post
The 30hz is pretty impressive for a bookshelve speaker.

They look really nice as well.

The potential subwoofer upgrade may make the biggest immediate impact.
Im debating the upgrade to a musical sub as well.
Me too, I'm settling on a Rhythmik sealed sub, then add another one later. I lucked on this pair, they rarely come up for sale.

Last edited by lessblue; 05-22-2020 at 07:16 PM.
lessblue is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off