• 1 Post By DrJayDub
  • 1 Post By postrokfan

post #1 of 4 Old 05-22-2020, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 16
PSB x2t vs T

I’ve found both line of speakers for the same price. I’ve picked some of the differences apart between the two. T has real wood finish vs vinyl on x2t, it’s smaller by a few inches height and depth. It also lacks a driver dropping it from a 3-way (x2t) to a 2.5 way.... Does anyone have experience with both? I’ve purchased the XB speakers for an office space and absolutely love the sound.

Now I wish to purchase their line of towers for a listening room. I don’t mind the vinyl finish, the xb is actually very nice quality. My main question is how’s the sound overall between the two? Clarity on the top, midrange, etc...Other than low extension, they can’t be that far off? Can they?
slowmac89 likes this.

B&W 683s2
B&W HTM61s2
B&W M1 satellites
Onkyo RZ830
Vizio P55-F1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-22-2020, 09:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 9
I've been wondering the same thing for a while (with the B vs X2T, but I imagine the B and T are similar). Would love to know what someone thinks. Edit - and I also have the XB's! What a coincidence. You are me

Last edited by slowmac89; 05-22-2020 at 09:31 PM.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-22-2020, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Hi folks. I have not had the Imagine T or XT2. I did use to own the Imagine B speakers before moving to towers in the Synchrony line (now discontinued). The Imagine XT2 will provide a touch more low frequency extension compared to the Imagine T and significantly more than Imagine B.

Check out the following for measurements of the Imagine XT2. https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/in...nts&Itemid=153

I really liked my Imagine B speakers. Good imaging/soundstage reproduction. I also thought the Imagine Bs I had were very attractive speakers. I would guess that any towers in the same series would also be very attractive designs. The XT’s aim for a lower budget range, thus their aesthetics may be less high end, but not objectionable from what I have seen in stores in person.

For music I think any of these will give neutral response through the midrange. At the highest frequencies (above 15 kHz) some folks can find the metal tweeters a bit bright, but I have never found that. I am middle aged in my 40’s so I don’t hear anything above 15 kHz anyway. I would recommend a good 12” sealed subwoofer to pair with the Imagine B’s for sure. Also may want to pair with a sub or two with the towers as well if wanting to use for home theater to reinforce low frequency effects.

Hope that helps some.
slowmac89 likes this.

Yup, I got stuff...
LG OLED65C7P, LG 55EG9100
Marantz SR6012, Classe Sigma Amp5, Oppo BDP-203
PSB Synchrony One mains, Synchrony two center and surrounds, 2x SVS SB12-NSD
XBox One X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-23-2020, 06:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked: 6753
I own a pair of the Imagine Ts. They lack the low end extension of the X2T but are a bit more refined in the top and mid-range (although the low end is not terrible at 38 Hz +/- 3 dB for the Ts). The X2Ts also would provide a bit higher output with larger drivers (more important for HT). If you liked the XBs I don't think you would be unhappy with either but for a dedicated music room the Ts would be a good choice.
slowmac89 likes this.

2-channel: PSB Imagine T, Music Fidelity M2si, SVS SB-1000, Rega RP1, Pro-Ject Phono Box, Marantz ND8006
Living Room: Deftech Demand D9, Deftech CS9040, B&W ASW610, Yamaha Aventage RX-A2030
Desktop: KEF Q150, Nuforce DDA-120, Lenovo Ultrabook
BR: MA Silver 2 (5th Gen), B&W ASW608, NAD 326BEE, Zen Blue, Marantz CD5004

Last edited by postrokfan; 05-23-2020 at 06:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page