Klipsch rp280f and Rp8000f - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-02-2020, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Klipsch rp280f and Rp8000f

I’ve been looking at the different lines of this series... aside from aesthetics, and vented tweeter, what’s the main differences? Does sound quality differ between the two?

I was looking at the frequency response measurements of the RP8000f and noticed it has a nasty dip between 1.5k and 4K. Does the 280F have the same issue towards the same range?

I never thought I liked Klipsch. However, I’ve heard the new rp600m and was quite impressed.

Just looking for more info between the 2.

B&W 683s2
B&W HTM61s2
B&W M1 satellites
Onkyo RZ830
Vizio P55-F1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-03-2020, 03:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlunsford View Post
I’ve been looking at the different lines of this series... aside from aesthetics, and vented tweeter, what’s the main differences? Does sound quality differ between the two?

I was looking at the frequency response measurements of the RP8000f and noticed it has a nasty dip between 1.5k and 4K. Does the 280F have the same issue towards the same range?

I never thought I liked Klipsch. However, I’ve heard the new rp600m and was quite impressed.

Just looking for more info between the 2.
The Rp-280f and Rp8000f were my first choice too. I did a lot of research. Most of what you ask have already been discussed. I was about to get the rp-280f for 850, but decided a on a jbl 590 since someone was selling it used for $600. Good thing I did.

My buddy bought the 8000f and was impressed with it initially. Then 2 month later, he got rid of it. Just hearing it is not good enough, you have to spend some times with it. I think the klipsch reference premier is best suited for movies, not so much for music. I didn't like it either, it lacks detail and doesn't sound smooth. Low mid and bass doesn't sound clean. I have JBL 590. Which my buddy got rid of the 8000f for.

Last edited by TenjiT; 06-03-2020 at 03:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page