1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pandaman617

post #1 of 1 Old 06-03-2020, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Mirage 5.2.2 Atmos setup!

Over the past two years I’ve really been stuck on Mirage speakers and after grabbing an OM-C2 and a pair of OM7’s to match it I had moved my Omni 260 towers to surround duty with MX satellites for top middle. Today I found a pair of Omnisat V2’s, a pair of some crappy Sony sats with a pair of Polk Audio RM sats and a Pioneer SX-203 for $20! I bought them and discovered they were from an 72 year old man who’s grandson left the system behind. Obviously I only bought them for the Omnisat’s (which came with the mounting brackets), I get them home all excited to move my size consuming towers out of the way and NO SOUND. Trying to maintain the rational approach I opened the sats up and discovered there was NO wire going from the 4.5” woofer to the crossover and on one of the sats the wire to the binding post terminal from the crossover was broken. This is the strangest condition I’ve ever purchased speakers in. I have crimp connectors laying around so I made some up and soldered the woofers to the crossover and SOUND! For $20 and an hour of work I couldn’t be happier! I’ve got friends who love the Mirage dispersion sound and some (like one of my closest friends who loves Sonus Faber) thinks they sound awful. He’s also the kind of guy who keeps telling me I need to upgrade from the 12 AWG Monolith cable I use to some crazy MIT speaker cable that’s like a few thousand dollars. Anyways that’s another story. Anyway, these are by far the cheapest and best deal I’ve ever gotten!
sigpig likes this.

-Panda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page