RSL CG23 3.1 Review & Experiences - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8Likes
  • 7 Post By Croikee26
  • 1 Post By Croikee26

post #1 of 4 Old 06-03-2020, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 19
RSL CG23 3.1 Review & Experiences

I wanted to give my real world review of the new system we got, the RSL CG23 3.1. My gut tells me 80% on this forum know WAY more about speakers for home theater and music listening than I do. So I won't be getting into frequency crossovers, watts, etc. (A) I'll misuse the terms anyway and (B) I don't know what I'm talking about from a technical perspective.

What I DO know is my experience and I hope this review is helpful to those of us who just want a good speaker setup with freaking AMAZING customer service. This is also my opinion only.

I asked a lot of questions on this site about what speakers to get, with some amazingly helpful responses. The difficulty I found was (A) a budget of $1000 for everything, (B) needing them to be toddler proof and (C) needing them to be aesthetically pleasing, as our TV room, living room, dinning room and kitchen are all one big open concept room.

Ultimately I went with the RSL speakers. Are there better speakers out there? I'm sure. Would they cost more? Most likely. Would I be able to tell the difference? Doubtful. Are they as aesthetically pleasing? Again doubtful, I looked. The RSL CG23 3.1 had everything I was looking for. The topper, AMAZING customer service (which I value highly).

I spoke with Joe Rodgers who is either the owner, or son of the owner, but is outstanding to work with regardless. He helped me with setup and settings. This speakers are killer! They are double the size of my old energy take classics from 20 years ago. To my ears they are musical, warm and articulate. They just sound good. The Speedwoofer 10s is a beast. I was curious if I would want "more" in a room this size. Nope. I have it turned up to a 3 out of 10 and the room shakes and wakes my daughter up (less than cool, but still kind of cool).

If you are looking for speakers and feel lost and confused by how many options are out there, try these. As a musician my whole life I DO understand crappy sound, these don't have it. They have great sound!

The topper is when I spoke to Joe again today with another questions. My name is John by the way. We talked for fifteen minutes and when hanging up he said "Thank you Josh." I didn't think anything of it, he probably talks to lots of people on the daily. Then tonight I get an email from him: "Hi John, I think when we spoke today, I called you Josh. Just wanted to apologize, I've been corresponding with a Josh as well....Anyway, my apologies and have a good night."

Blown away and when someone takes the time to apologize for missing a name, that goes a long way to instilling trust in that company.

So, just wanted to share this. I love these speakers, I love the customer service, and it is just a great feeling having no regrets with a purchase like this. Check them out!

https://rslspeakers.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-03-2020, 11:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Glad you had a good experience and are all around pleased. You must have been one of the last to get in on these because it looks like they are sold out now.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-04-2020, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuba4me View Post
Glad you had a good experience and are all around pleased. You must have been one of the last to get in on these because it looks like they are sold out now.
I believe Covid really hurt their production and the speakers in black were out of stock. I loved the look of the white though, especially in our room, so was able to get those.
sigpig likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-04-2020, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10174 Post(s)
Liked: 7203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croikee26 View Post
I believe Covid really hurt their production and the speakers in black were out of stock. I loved the look of the white though, especially in our room, so was able to get those.
Thanks for coming back.

Yes, dual 4" main drivers do not have to sound "small" and for sure the RSL sub is an overachiever.

Enjoy.

Geoff A. J., California
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page