Sub:
Klipsch 112sw
Amp:
Yamaha rx-a3080
Power amp:
Crown xls2000
I have 2 center speakers
Which one is better?
Pioneer sp-c22 or definitive technology procenter 1000?
My power amp is old but yamaha 3080 just power 9 channel and another 2 channel need extra power amp
Should I use my crown xls 2000 for main soeakers (375 watt rms power per channel) or for my surrounds?
If your answer is for main speaker,wich mode should I use?
(Bypass or highpass?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-28-2020, 12:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1302 Post(s)
Liked: 1145
Neither centre channel speaker is any good, you should upgrade to tn RP-600C.
That amp will be complete overkill, but I would power you front two with it before spending more on a smaller amp.

Basement 5.1.4: Anthem MRX 720, Monoprice 2-channel amp, Paradigm Prestige 85F/55C/15B. PSB Alpha A1/P3 for Atmos HSU STF-2, ATV4K, XBox OneS, Harmony Ultimate, Samsung 65" Q7D.
Living room: Yamaha YSP-6000 with 10" Yamaha sub, ATV3, Harmony Ultimate, 55" Insignia 1080P.
post #3 of 16 Old 06-30-2020, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigpig View Post
Neither centre channel speaker is any good, you should upgrade to tn RP-600C.
That amp will be complete overkill, but I would power you front two with it before spending more on a smaller amp.
I can just choose one of those centers for now!
Which one do you prefer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 07-01-2020, 01:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The DefTech would be more clear, but users have said that it sounds "thin", as in deeper male voices don't sound quite "full" enough. The Pioneer generally has very muffled voices, but plays deeper. You would have to try both of them out to decide which is better for you.

Basement 5.1.4: Anthem MRX 720, Monoprice 2-channel amp, Paradigm Prestige 85F/55C/15B. PSB Alpha A1/P3 for Atmos HSU STF-2, ATV4K, XBox OneS, Harmony Ultimate, Samsung 65" Q7D.
Living room: Yamaha YSP-6000 with 10" Yamaha sub, ATV3, Harmony Ultimate, 55" Insignia 1080P.
post #5 of 16 Old 07-01-2020, 02:14 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 326 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9596 Post(s)
Liked: 7422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza Zarif View Post
I have 2 center speakers
Which one is better?
The DT would be slightly less bad.

As the other poster said, upgrade to a decent center ASAP.

Quote:
Classic newbie mistakes:

1. Overspending on the receiver, falling for the "latest and greatest" over-hyped sales gimmicks/gadgets/formats of the month, esp. the "future proofing" fairy tale.
2. Overspending on towers you don't need when bookshelves on stands will be as good or better and allow you to get better sub(s) and center speaker.
3. Underspending on the subwoofer(s). (Disregard if you never/seldom watch big-budget action movies.)
4. Being unaware that the CENTER SPEAKER actually does 70-80% of the HT output and 99% of the dialogue, that "matching" horizontal centers are sometimes craptastic (related to #2), and that the only way to get a true "timbre match" (whose actual real-world relevance is debatable) is to use an identical speaker to your L/R in vertical alignment.
5. Buying more speakers than you need for your room, resulting in quantity over quality.
6. Buying a SEALED subwoofer even though your usage is mainly HT/TV and you're in a big space, and ending up with a uselessly weak sub that you'll have to pay more money to upgrade later for the bigger PORTED sub you should have bought to begin with.
7. Insisting on buying only well-known big brands at big box stores, instead of exploring other options (a.k.a. "the Jack Daniels whiskey mistake") you've never heard of before.
8. Trusting predatory and/or incompetent salespeople (BB Magnolia & some boutique shops), online shill reviewers, copy-and-paste clickbait review sites, etc.
stevekaden and audiophool like this.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #6 of 16 Old 07-01-2020, 03:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba922 View Post
Is that like "a little bit pregnant"? lol

post #7 of 16 Old 07-01-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Is that like "a little bit pregnant"? lol
It's like getting shot in the head instead of getting shot in the belly.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #8 of 16 Old 07-02-2020, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
I have 2 center speakers
Which one is better?

As the other poster said, upgrade to a decent center ASAP.

Quote:
Classic newbie mistakes:

1. Overspending on the receiver, falling for the "latest and greatest" over-hyped sales gimmicks/gadgets/formats of the month, esp. the "future proofing" fairy tale.
2. Overspending on towers you don't need when bookshelves on stands will be as good or better and allow you to get better sub(s) and center speaker.
3. Underspending on the subwoofer(s). (Disregard if you never/seldom watch big-budget action movies.)
4. Being unaware that the CENTER SPEAKER actually does 70-80% of the HT output and 99% of the dialogue, that "matching" horizontal centers are sometimes craptastic (related to #2), and that the only way to get a true "timbre match" (whose actual real-world relevance is debatable) is to use an identical speaker to your L/R in vertical alignment.
5. Buying more speakers than you need for your room, resulting in quantity over quality.
6. Buying a SEALED subwoofer even though your usage is mainly HT/TV and you're in a big space, and ending up with a uselessly weak sub that you'll have to pay more money to upgrade later for the bigger PORTED sub you should have bought to begin with.
7. Insisting on buying only well-known big brands at big box stores, instead of exploring other options (a.k.a. "the Jack Daniels whiskey mistake") you've never heard of before.
8. Trusting predatory and/or incompetent salespeople (BB Magnolia & some boutique shops), online shill reviewers, copy-and-paste clickbait review sites, etc.
Tnx for your advice
Could you please help me with my another question ?
post #9 of 16 Old 07-02-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Tnx for your advice
Surrounds do a lousy 10-15% of the output. I would never waste an external amp on them. So definitely use it on your fronts, but I doubt you really need it in the first place since the 280F is pretty high sensitivity already. You're better off using it in another room, or reselling it.

post #10 of 16 Old 07-03-2020, 02:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Tnx for your advice
Surrounds do a lousy 10-15% of the output. I would never waste an external amp on them. So definitely use it on your fronts, but I doubt you really need it in the first place since the 280F is pretty high sensitivity already. You're better off using it in another room, or reselling it.
Tnx very much
Which mode of that amp should I use for my main speker?
Byepass or highpass?
post #11 of 16 Old 07-03-2020, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Tnx for your advice
As I am pretty sure that you have had read my first post,my new amp (yamaha rx-a3080) needs 2 extra channel power amp to run 7.2.4
Do you mean that my old crown xls 2000 power amp is more than enough or isnt good?
If It is extra for my 280f,so what should I wanna buy and replace it?
And what do you exactly mean by high sensetive of my 280f?
It is old and doesnt cost so much for reselling it and new power amp should cost me more than that...
If my crown xls 2000 is good for my current speakes and amp,I am just ok with it ...
And I dont know exactly how to do the best setting for it(bypass or high pass,setting exact frequncy,...)
post #12 of 16 Old 07-03-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
As I am pretty sure that you have had read my first post,my new amp (yamaha rx-a3080) needs 2 extra channel power amp to run 7.2.4
Do you mean that my old crown xls 2000 power amp is more than enough or isnt good?
It is old and doesnt cost so much for reselling it and new power amp should cost me more than that...
If my crown xls 2000 is good for my current speakes and amp,I am just ok with it ...
And I dont know exactly how to do the best setting for it(bypass or high pass,setting exact frequncy,...)
It's more than enough to run surrounds or anything else. Use it for your surrounds if you want. But there's little advantage to running 7 speakers instead of 5, so if you have not bought the speakers yet I would buy only 5. Almost all content is recorded for 5 channels, adding 2 extra speakers doesn't do much.

Google up "crown xls2000 manual" to figure out settings.

Google up "speaker sensitivity" too.

post #13 of 16 Old 07-03-2020, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
It's more than enough to run surrounds or anything else. Use it for your surrounds if you want. But there's little advantage to running 7 speakers instead of 5, so if you have not bought the speakers yet I would buy only 5. Almost all content is recorded for 5 channels, adding 2 extra speakers doesn't do much.

Google up "crown xls2000 manual" to figure out settings.

Google up "speaker sensitivity" too.
I really appreciate for answering me
I want to use crown cls 2000 for my main soeaker(klipsch rp-280f)
Is it ok if I use it for them?
As you can see my first post,I have bought all my speakers and subs
post #14 of 16 Old 07-03-2020, 12:36 PM

Quote:
It won't make any noticeable difference, is all I'm saying. But it won't hurt either, so why not.

post #15 of 16 Old 07-03-2020, 05:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The vast majority of people that use that Crown amp on here sue them for subwoofers, which require all the power that amp can give.
It is incredibly over-powered for your RP-280F speakers. It is also ridiculously over-powered for surround speakers. That's why we are advising you to sell it and purchase a smaller 2-channel amp in the 100-200W/c range. Heck - you might even make a profit on the sale of the Crown amp...

post #16 of 16 Old 07-04-2020, 04:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
It won't make any noticeable difference, is all I'm saying. But it won't hurt either, so why not.
Quote:
The vast majority of people that use that Crown amp on here sue them for subwoofers, which require all the power that amp can give.
It is incredibly over-powered for your RP-280F speakers. It is also ridiculously over-powered for surround speakers. That's why we are advising you to sell it and purchase a smaller 2-channel amp in the 100-200W/c range. Heck - you might even make a profit on the sale of the Crown amp...
Thank you for your good advice
I prefer to keep my crown amp and use it🙂
Zorba922 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page