Small surrounds at ear level or in-ceiling surrounds. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrBobb

post #1 of 3 Old 06-30-2020, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Small surrounds at ear level or in-ceiling surrounds.

Due to the layout of my house, I was forced to install in-ceiling speakers for my 7.1.4 atmos setup. My fronts and centers are beefy JBL studios, 4 overhead atmos speakers and 2 surround speakers are in-ceiling RSL C34E. Obviously this is far from ideal but my hands were tied due to having a far back wall. As much as I want to put some good bookshelf speakers on stands for my surrounds, I have to maintain WAF. So behind my sofa I have a long console table that I was thinking of placing speakers on. They have to be fairly small (WAF) so i was looking at satellites such as the Boston Soundware series or Cambridge Minx. Would you guys ditch the in-ceiling surrounds for smaller satellites but at ear level? I imagine this will improve the atmos experience, but want to know what you guys think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-30-2020, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 141
U already answered your own question. If you are able, yes, do it, is preferable.
sigpig likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-06-2020, 11:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
struggling with this right now. Leaning towards higher end in ceiling stuffs for surrounds. Previously had my front stage in box and mounted at ceiling facing towards sitting areas and they did very well. Thinking surrounds may do just fine., PSB has some interesting ones avail.

HT NEWB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page