under $200 bookshelves - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #61 of 63 Old 07-18-2004, 03:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by Shift
Amen!! Athena (all) rocks!!!
Agreed the B1 and B2 are remarkably uncoloured.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 Old 07-18-2004, 04:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought my parents a pair of Athena AS-B2's, and I absolutely love them. MSRP is still over $200 though, I believe, and I haven't heard the AS-B1's that are below that price.

I'm also a fan of the Omages given what they cost. The cabinets are solid and well-built (vinyl veneer, but what can you expect for $99?), the drivers, crossovers, and binding posts are respectable too. They sound much better than they should for this kind of money, although they were an even better deal back when I bought them for $78 including shipping.

Gary
post #63 of 63 Old 12-13-2004, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 1183
I just checked out the AER site to see if they came out with anything new.
and found this:"

"Interest in testing the Pisces v2.0 but don’t want to buy it? Now you can try and audition the Pisces for free. For a limited time we are now offering to send to you the Pisces v2.0 for testing/evaluation free of charge*. Please contact us at [email protected] for offer detail."

Seems they are getting the hang of how we do things over here.
I think this is a good move seeing that any manufacturer doing most of their business online has an audition or return policy.

There are a lot of good recommendations people have had added on this thread.I hope if anything i started a thread that is informative and that now opens up some possibiities in this price range.A lot of these i did'nt know were as cheap as they are.

I might add though that although some of these also have a 6.5 inch woofer that most have a smaller enclosure and less bass extension than the aer which is a fairly large bookshelf.I would go so far as to calling it full-range .You could get full bass without a sub ,provided you didnt listen at ungodly levels.Whereas with say the paradigm atom or titan you would definitely need a sub to get that extension. That's what did it for me, i wanted a "big" sounding speaker to use all around.Which may not be practical for many.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page