Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 1195 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5629Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #35821 of 37811 Old 06-07-2018, 02:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 75
All this talk about the Monitor Atom SE has go me thinking that 1: they might end up being my surround and height channels, and 2: I wonder what they sound like compared to the CI Pro P65-IW. Similar, I imagine. At least I hope so because I actually can demo those and the 15B.

Another thing is that I can't figure out what exactly the "Finite Element Analysis (FEA) optimized pole piece assembly" and "SHOCK-MOUNT™ Isolation Mounting System" details mean under the Prestige series specifications page. Along with the "1.5" high-temp voice coil" they seem to be the only internal things that separate the Prestige line from the Premier line. Oh, I just noticed that the midrange driver on the Premier line is also X-PAL. I wonder if that driver material really is that much better, or if it's more to sound cool on paper to excite potential customers? I mean, aluminum is used on far cheaper speakers. Obviously, I'm pretty inexperienced in all of this. I only know I like the Prestige 15B a lot, but they won't fill the room they need to go in, and the 75F towers (and the Prestiege center channels) are a bit too expensive for my blood. I can make due with less pretty speakers if they still sound similar.
Canadianatlas is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #35822 of 37811 Old 06-07-2018, 08:36 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So any reviews on the Premier line yet? Debating on either the bookshelves or the towers for 80% HT listening in a 13x25 room. Looking at getting the bookshelves over the towers along with that sexy looking centre as I'm worried the towers will be a bit too big in the room, and I have a PW-2200 that will help round out the sound. Own Monitor 7's V1 right now (yeah yeah they're old but they're great), but this is a new home theatre room so need new speakers; when I bought the Monitor 7's and years after, the Studio 60's were my dream speakers.
GaryBelcourt is offline  
post #35823 of 37811 Old 06-07-2018, 11:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 635
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBelcourt View Post
Own Monitor 7's V1 right now (yeah yeah they're old but they're great), but this is a new home theatre room so need new speakers
Agree. And I have no plans to replace mine. They fill my 15x25x12 room just fine.

I get the new room deal, but hard to justify replacing something that's working great.

Last edited by ST Dog; 06-08-2018 at 08:01 AM.
ST Dog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #35824 of 37811 Old 06-08-2018, 04:28 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBelcourt View Post
Own Monitor 7's V1 right now (yeah yeah they're old but they're great), but this is a new home theatre room so need new speakers
Agree. And I have no plans to replace mine. They fill me 15x25x12 room just fine.

I get the new room deal, but hard to justify replacing something that's working great.
I agree but the Monitor 7s are in my gym right now with the PW2200. Even if I used those I'd end up replacing them with something.
GaryBelcourt is offline  
post #35825 of 37811 Old 06-08-2018, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 635
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBelcourt View Post
I agree but the Monitor 7s are in my gym right now with the PW2200. Even if I used those I'd end up replacing them with something.
Sneaky. Find an alternate use for them to justify upgrading

I will say they have been one of the best purchases I made in the late 90s ('98 or '99).

I don't think the floor standing Premiers would be too big.
I hate that the Monitor SE and Premier are 3 way, but I think the 700F or 3000F would both compare well with the Monitor 7.

For you old Studio dreams, the Prestige 75F or 85F.

If I was starting from scratch today I'd probably go with the 800F though.

Last edited by ST Dog; 06-08-2018 at 08:30 AM.
ST Dog is offline  
post #35826 of 37811 Old 06-09-2018, 06:18 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Castrejon View Post
I like to see pictures with and without the grills, and your thoughts on how they sound like. I'm really considering getting these over the Prestige 75F if I can demo them or hear what others say about these speakers.

So Paradigm considers the Premier Series as part of the reference collection.

While I am not the o.p. I just bought/ordered a pair of Premier 800f's today. I drove 150 kms to the closest hi-fi store to actually demo Bowers and Wilkins 683s2's as I had planned to spend about $2000 Canadian on some fronts.


I did have plans to compare all brands that were sold but figured the B&W's would sound the best in my price range. I was wrong.


As soon as I walked in this home audio store I knew it wasen't a joke. Front entrance has a set of $36000 800 series B&W's playing softly.


I had to go down to the basement, past 3 listening rooms to listen to the "low end" stuff lol. This small room pitted the B&W 683s2's against the Paradigm Premier 700F. Keep in mind the 700F isn't the biggest in the series and has smaller drivers than the B&W.


It only a few switch backs to find the B&W's seemed a bit bright to me. I also quickly noticed the smaller Premiers seemed to have more low end and a tiny bit more punch. They sounded smoother to me.


We played one full edm style song and one alternative type song and switched back roughly 15 times per song while it was playing. To my ears the premiers sounded better with more bass and a friendlier sound.


I did also listen to the Premier 800f in yet another basement room but could not directly compare them to the B&W's but I doubt I need to. I bought a set of 800F's after hearing them. They only had the black/wood in stock and that's not what I wanted. Being in Ontario Canada means the speakers will be in the first of the week in all black.


With the all black its matte on the front/top and glossy on the sides. I hope to give a real review when I get them next weekend and can post many pics. I fully intended to come home with B&W speakers but my ears said other.
Scarriere, ST Dog and GTDTS like this.
HollowGrind is offline  
post #35827 of 37811 Old 06-10-2018, 12:13 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowGrind View Post
It only a few switch backs to find the B&W's seemed a bit bright to me. I also quickly noticed the smaller Premiers seemed to have more low end and a tiny bit more punch. They sounded smoother to me.


We played one full edm style song and one alternative type song and switched back roughly 15 times per song while it was playing. To my ears the premiers sounded better with more bass and a friendlier sound.
I'm glad you are comparing them to a very easy to find speaker that most people can or have listened too. I'm glad to hear you say they have a little more in the bass department, and that's only the 700F and not the larger 800F! Would you say they sound more clear than the Bowers and Wilkins 600 series? I've always found that series just a little too...would "muddy" be the proper term? Like the I'm not hearing all the detail that I know is in the music I enjoy whenever I've listened to the 600 series. Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion of the Premier 800Fs.
Canadianatlas is online now  
post #35828 of 37811 Old 06-10-2018, 05:14 AM
Member
 
mwg47x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Welcome to the forum HollowGrind.
I'm sure everyone here will enjoy reading your impressions and seeing pics once you get those speakers in your house and jamming away.
mwg47x is offline  
post #35829 of 37811 Old 06-10-2018, 04:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Julio Castrejon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowGrind View Post
While I am not the o.p. I just bought/ordered a pair of Premier 800f's today. I drove 150 kms to the closest hi-fi store to actually demo Bowers and Wilkins 683s2's as I had planned to spend about $2000 Canadian on some fronts.


I did have plans to compare all brands that were sold but figured the B&W's would sound the best in my price range. I was wrong.


As soon as I walked in this home audio store I knew it wasen't a joke. Front entrance has a set of $36000 800 series B&W's playing softly.


I had to go down to the basement, past 3 listening rooms to listen to the "low end" stuff lol. This small room pitted the B&W 683s2's against the Paradigm Premier 700F. Keep in mind the 700F isn't the biggest in the series and has smaller drivers than the B&W.


It only a few switch backs to find the B&W's seemed a bit bright to me. I also quickly noticed the smaller Premiers seemed to have more low end and a tiny bit more punch. They sounded smoother to me.


We played one full edm style song and one alternative type song and switched back roughly 15 times per song while it was playing. To my ears the premiers sounded better with more bass and a friendlier sound.


I did also listen to the Premier 800f in yet another basement room but could not directly compare them to the B&W's but I doubt I need to. I bought a set of 800F's after hearing them. They only had the black/wood in stock and that's not what I wanted. Being in Ontario Canada means the speakers will be in the first of the week in all black.


With the all black its matte on the front/top and glossy on the sides. I hope to give a real review when I get them next weekend and can post many pics. I fully intended to come home with B&W speakers but my ears said other.
Thanks for your input! I'm looking forward to your overall impressions of these speakers. Next year I am going to buy myself a new set of speakers to replace my aging JVC speakers that I had for 20+ years now. It will either be the 800F from the Premiere series or a used pair of the Studio 100s V5. I had narrow it down to those two so far.

I'm no surprised on the Bowers and Wilkins 600 series, they never sounded that great for its price.

I think I should pay a visit to my local audio store and see if they even have these speakers for demoing.
Julio Castrejon is offline  
post #35830 of 37811 Old 06-10-2018, 07:06 PM
Member
 
scm6079's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does anyone have opinions on if the Millenia LP2 would work as a rear surround paired with Studio 100's in the front and P80 ceiling Atmos speakers?

Long story: I'm looking for some help with a 5.2.4 atmos setup in my new home re-using the front stage from my old house:

Fronts: Studio 100 v.5
Center: Studio 100 CC-690 v.5
Subs: Servo 15 v.2 (two of them)

In my old house, I had a dedicated theater with ADP-590s in the back. In my new house, the theater is a multi-purpose great room and has no space for the ADP-590s. I'm left with seemingly only two real choices, put in ceiling mounted surrounds or take a chance on mounting really thin speakers in the shallow 'corners' I have at the right height further back than ideal but somewhat close to the right area. I found the Millenia LP 2s - which looks like they'll fit -- but couldn't find anyone using them as surround speakers or in corners.

Here's a mockup of the surrounds in the back of the room, and the floorplan:





I'd love opinions or other/better options!!
scm6079 is offline  
post #35831 of 37811 Old 06-10-2018, 10:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Scarriere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by scm6079 View Post
Does anyone have opinions on if the Millenia LP2 would work as a rear surround paired with Studio 100's in the front and P80 ceiling Atmos speakers?

Long story: I'm looking for some help with a 5.2.4 atmos setup in my new home re-using the front stage from my old house:

Fronts: Studio 100 v.5
Center: Studio 100 CC-690 v.5
Subs: Servo 15 v.2 (two of them)

In my old house, I had a dedicated theater with ADP-590s in the back. In my new house, the theater is a multi-purpose great room and has no space for the ADP-590s. I'm left with seemingly only two real choices, put in ceiling mounted surrounds or take a chance on mounting really thin speakers in the shallow 'corners' I have at the right height further back than ideal but somewhat close to the right area. I found the Millenia LP 2s - which looks like they'll fit -- but couldn't find anyone using them as surround speakers or in corners.

Here's a mockup of the surrounds in the back of the room, and the floorplan:

Spoiler!


I'd love opinions or other/better options!!

Those Millenia look ideal for your needs.
I'd avoid using ceiling mounted surrounds since you're going Atmos. The separation between surround and ceiling wouldn't be great.
The P80's should be wicked. I have the P65's and they're not lacking, the P80's will be even more so.
Your front stage is awesome. You're on the right track for the rest.
Scarriere is offline  
post #35832 of 37811 Old 06-11-2018, 02:36 PM
Member
 
GTDTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by scm6079 View Post
Does anyone have opinions on if the Millenia LP2 would work as a rear surround paired with Studio 100's in the front and P80 ceiling Atmos speakers?

Long story: I'm looking for some help with a 5.2.4 atmos setup in my new home re-using the front stage from my old house:

Fronts: Studio 100 v.5
Center: Studio 100 CC-690 v.5
Subs: Servo 15 v.2 (two of them)

In my old house, I had a dedicated theater with ADP-590s in the back. In my new house, the theater is a multi-purpose great room and has no space for the ADP-590s. I'm left with seemingly only two real choices, put in ceiling mounted surrounds or take a chance on mounting really thin speakers in the shallow 'corners' I have at the right height further back than ideal but somewhat close to the right area. I found the Millenia LP 2s - which looks like they'll fit -- but couldn't find anyone using them as surround speakers or in corners.

Here's a mockup of the surrounds in the back of the room, and the floorplan:





I'd love opinions or other/better options!!
That is a beautiful room and the Studio's are gorgeous! I always loved how they looked.
Thanks for sharing the Pics. The millenia should fit nicely...although you may need to get creative with the mounting, but that should be easy in a corner. My dad purchased 3 and set them around his 65" TV. Looks nice and he loves the sound. For surrounds, should not hear the difference with movies and my impression was that they dispersed well.
I absolutely love that fold away door!

Music Room 5.1.2: L/R Paradigm Prestige 85F, Prestige CC55, CI Elite E80-A (Atmos), CI Elite E65-R, HSU VTF-15H MK2 sub, Onkyo TXNR-838, Emotiva XPA3 Gen2.
Samsung 65" JS9500 and Sony UBP-X800
Room: 13' X 11'6" X 14' Fairly new audioholic
GTDTS is offline  
post #35833 of 37811 Old 06-11-2018, 04:24 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowGrind View Post
While I am not the o.p. I just bought/ordered a pair of Premier 800f's today. I drove 150 kms to the closest hi-fi store to actually demo Bowers and Wilkins 683s2's as I had planned to spend about $2000 Canadian on some fronts.


I did have plans to compare all brands that were sold but figured the B&W's would sound the best in my price range. I was wrong.


As soon as I walked in this home audio store I knew it wasen't a joke. Front entrance has a set of $36000 800 series B&W's playing softly.


I had to go down to the basement, past 3 listening rooms to listen to the "low end" stuff lol. This small room pitted the B&W 683s2's against the Paradigm Premier 700F. Keep in mind the 700F isn't the biggest in the series and has smaller drivers than the B&W.


It only a few switch backs to find the B&W's seemed a bit bright to me. I also quickly noticed the smaller Premiers seemed to have more low end and a tiny bit more punch. They sounded smoother to me.


We played one full edm style song and one alternative type song and switched back roughly 15 times per song while it was playing. To my ears the premiers sounded better with more bass and a friendlier sound.


I did also listen to the Premier 800f in yet another basement room but could not directly compare them to the B&W's but I doubt I need to. I bought a set of 800F's after hearing them. They only had the black/wood in stock and that's not what I wanted. Being in Ontario Canada means the speakers will be in the first of the week in all black.


With the all black its matte on the front/top and glossy on the sides. I hope to give a real review when I get them next weekend and can post many pics. I fully intended to come home with B&W speakers but my ears said other.
Nice. Where in Ontario did you demo them? Did they move on the price at all? I'm in Ottawa but visiting Toronto this weekend.
GaryBelcourt is offline  
post #35834 of 37811 Old 06-11-2018, 06:31 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianatlas View Post
I'm glad you are comparing them to a very easy to find speaker that most people can or have listened too. I'm glad to hear you say they have a little more in the bass department, and that's only the 700F and not the larger 800F! Would you say they sound more clear than the Bowers and Wilkins 600 series? I've always found that series just a little too...would "muddy" be the proper term? Like the I'm not hearing all the detail that I know is in the music I enjoy whenever I've listened to the 600 series. Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion of the Premier 800Fs.
Unfortunately I wasn't paying attention to clarity as much as I could of. I was initially trying to find the sound I liked more and listening to bass output. I was only going to run fronts with no sub so the bass was important. I have decided to add a new sub also but not sure on model yet. Temped to try the monitor sub 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBelcourt View Post
Nice. Where in Ontario did you demo them? Did they move on the price at all? I'm in Ottawa but visiting Toronto this weekend.
I demoed them at Whitby audio video. Very nice to deal with and yes they will do better than msrp.
HollowGrind is offline  
post #35835 of 37811 Old 06-12-2018, 06:16 PM
Senior Member
 
cissado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: clifton NJ USA
Posts: 336
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Anyone using a bookshelf sideways on a shelf for the center channel? I guess I can call Paradigm, but I probably don't want to hear the answer. Ha! I have a space in my entertainment cabinet that would fit a Persona B. The Persona CC will not fit. I now have a Sig C3 there. Was looking to upgrade to C5 but going with the (1) Persona B would not be too far off in pricing and performance. I have Studio 40's for the left and right speakers but may be getting the Persona 3f to replace them. Just trying to think ahead.

This whole process started when I blew my Studio CC tweeter.... wth is going on? I upgraded to the signature Center and the rest is history.

Anyway, how about a sideways center channel?

Thanks, really enjoying reading the forums, even though I don't post much.
cissado is offline  
post #35836 of 37811 Old 06-12-2018, 06:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowGrind View Post
Unfortunately I wasn't paying attention to clarity as much as I could of. I was initially trying to find the sound I liked more and listening to bass output. I was only going to run fronts with no sub so the bass was important. I have decided to add a new sub also but not sure on model yet. Temped to try the monitor sub 12.
I see. Still, knowing the bass output is good is nice to know. If you're looking for a subwoofer, you could always take a look at HSU research as well. I'm thinking about getting one of their subs myself, because as much as I would like a matching subwoofer (That is, if I get the Premier speakers), the Paradigm subs are too rich for my blood.
Canadianatlas is online now  
post #35837 of 37811 Old 06-12-2018, 07:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
tidwelr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lexington, SC
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowGrind View Post
Temped to try the monitor sub.


Get an ID sub instead like HSU or SVS bc the value per dollar is much better. Go to the sub forum and you’ll have all the bass heads eager to help.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tidwelr1 is online now  
post #35838 of 37811 Old 06-13-2018, 02:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jonas2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: South Bay Area
Posts: 5,966
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2941 Post(s)
Liked: 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by cissado View Post
Anyone using a bookshelf sideways on a shelf for the center channel? I guess I can call Paradigm, but I probably don't want to hear the answer. Ha! I have a space in my entertainment cabinet that would fit a Persona B. The Persona CC will not fit. I now have a Sig C3 there. Was looking to upgrade to C5 but going with the (1) Persona B would not be too far off in pricing and performance. I have Studio 40's for the left and right speakers but may be getting the Persona 3f to replace them. Just trying to think ahead.

This whole process started when I blew my Studio CC tweeter.... wth is going on? I upgraded to the signature Center and the rest is history.

Anyway, how about a sideways center channel?

Thanks, really enjoying reading the forums, even though I don't post much.

Upright, sure, sideways, not recommended.

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
Jonas2 is offline  
post #35839 of 37811 Old 06-13-2018, 02:41 PM
Senior Member
 
cissado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: clifton NJ USA
Posts: 336
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas2 View Post
Upright, sure, sideways, not recommended.
Thank you Jonas2.

I Emailed Paradigm about it. I'd like to hear what they say technically about it. The issue for me would be either keeping the Signature C3 or upgrade to C5 if I find one... or just bite the bullet and live with the less than optimal sound. Now one would have to ask, is the C3 better than the Persona be on it's side? Again, just thinking out loud at this point. I really can't/won't place the CC on the floor on a stand in front of the TV in my living room.

Btw, I really like the sound of the Sig center channel. I'm used to the Studios and Studio CC. Having the Signature Center for the past few months gave me the itch to upgrade more.

Thanks again.
cissado is offline  
post #35840 of 37811 Old 06-13-2018, 03:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 635
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by cissado View Post
Now one would have to ask, is the C3 better than the Persona be on it's side?
Yes. Putting a speaker on it's side screws up the dispersion characteristics.

Generally you have good left-right dispersion but limited up-down.

Put it on the side and you swap that.
ST Dog is offline  
post #35841 of 37811 Old 06-13-2018, 05:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jonas2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: South Bay Area
Posts: 5,966
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2941 Post(s)
Liked: 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by cissado View Post
Thank you Jonas2.

I Emailed Paradigm about it. I'd like to hear what they say technically about it. The issue for me would be either keeping the Signature C3 or upgrade to C5 if I find one... or just bite the bullet and live with the less than optimal sound. Now one would have to ask, is the C3 better than the Persona be on it's side? Again, just thinking out loud at this point. I really can't/won't place the CC on the floor on a stand in front of the TV in my living room.

Btw, I really like the sound of the Sig center channel. I'm used to the Studios and Studio CC. Having the Signature Center for the past few months gave me the itch to upgrade more.

Thanks again.

What kind of size/space constraints are you up against? Persona center is big, no doubt - but what is too big about it - too long, wide, or.....??

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
Jonas2 is offline  
post #35842 of 37811 Old 06-14-2018, 12:44 AM
Member
 
scm6079's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarriere View Post
Those Millenia look ideal for your needs.
I'd avoid using ceiling mounted surrounds since you're going Atmos. The separation between surround and ceiling wouldn't be great.
The P80's should be wicked. I have the P65's and they're not lacking, the P80's will be even more so.
Your front stage is awesome. You're on the right track for the rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTDTS View Post
That is a beautiful room and the Studio's are gorgeous! I always loved how they looked.
Thanks for sharing the Pics. The millenia should fit nicely...although you may need to get creative with the mounting, but that should be easy in a corner. My dad purchased 3 and set them around his 65" TV. Looks nice and he loves the sound. For surrounds, should not hear the difference with movies and my impression was that they dispersed well.
I absolutely love that fold away door!
Thanks! I'm putting in the order for the Millenias and P80s - I'll post some pics after it's all installed!
Scarriere likes this.
scm6079 is offline  
post #35843 of 37811 Old 06-14-2018, 09:47 AM
Senior Member
 
cissado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: clifton NJ USA
Posts: 336
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
Yes. Putting a speaker on it's side screws up the dispersion characteristics.

Generally you have good left-right dispersion but limited up-down.

Put it on the side and you swap that.
I see. Thanks for that.

Jonas, I don't know what I was thinking with the Sig C5. That wouldn't fit either. I have just about 10" high X 30" wide shelf where the Sig C3 is sitting now. I may just have to keep it unless I can't live with the different sound characteristics.

Hmmm, now I know what I was thinking. Wow, 3 months later, I forgot everything I had planned... I was going to RAISE everything (The 80" TV actually) and place the Center Channel on top of the stand where the TV is now, build a box around the Center Channel, then place the TV on top of the box to fit the Sig C5. I hinted it to my wife, but ummm, not sure how that went. Also, now, I figured if I could get away with a Persona B, it would be cheaper than the Persona CC AND I wouldn't have to build a box etc... for my living room. I'll try and post a pic if I can.

Thanks all!
cissado is offline  
post #35844 of 37811 Old 06-14-2018, 12:14 PM
Senior Member
 
cissado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: clifton NJ USA
Posts: 336
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 28
So Paradigm replied to my horizontal speaker placement question.

Has a sloped side... "will not sit flush and would be at risk of falling."

I'm not sure that's a sufficient answer. I replied with the question of sonic characteristics being changed and dispersion effects like mentioned above. Anyway, I'll see how the Sig C3 blends in the the Personas for now. Not happy about it, but it could always be worse.
cissado is offline  
post #35845 of 37811 Old 06-15-2018, 05:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rhale64L7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NE OH
Posts: 3,318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1108 Post(s)
Liked: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by cissado View Post
So Paradigm replied to my horizontal speaker placement question.

Has a sloped side... "will not sit flush and would be at risk of falling."

I'm not sure that's a sufficient answer. I replied with the question of sonic characteristics being changed and dispersion effects like mentioned above. Anyway, I'll see how the Sig C3 blends in the the Personas for now. Not happy about it, but it could always be worse.
I am going to be using a Persona B for a center channel. I am not done with my theater quite yet. But I should be close enough by the end of the weekend to maybe give you some feedback. I am using the 3f's as mains also.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

65" LG B8 Oled,Emotiva RMC1L Processor, Digital Amp Co. 5 Cherry King amplifier, Dish Net Hopper, Panasonic UB 820, Sotm SMS 200 ultra Neo and SPS 500 power supply, Rythmik E15HP SE sub, Aerial 6t mains, Aerial 5T surrounds, Aerial 7cc center, ISO Acoustics under all the Aerials 4 Goldenear HTR 7000 ceiling speakers for Atmos All in a dedicated theater with bass traps in all corners and soffits. Front wall and first reflections treated
rhale64L7 is online now  
post #35846 of 37811 Old 06-15-2018, 08:59 PM
Senior Member
 
cissado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: clifton NJ USA
Posts: 336
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhale64L7 View Post
I am going to be using a Persona B for a center channel. I am not done with my theater quite yet. But I should be close enough by the end of the weekend to maybe give you some feedback. I am using the 3f's as mains also.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thank you, I'd love to hear your impressions. I've been reading a bit on what people think of them. Seems like most love them but lots of people really don't like them either. The way I see it, if I liked the Studios, then I'll certainly like the Personas.

I'm assuming you are using the Persona B center standing vertically. I would still like to hear your thoughts on it, although I wanted to place mine horizontally. Paradigm replied again and just reiterated what was told to me above. They didn't really say I could not use it sideways, but that it may introduce lobing issues. The dispersion of sound would not be as good as the vertical speaker would provide. Having said that, I do sit pretty straight in front of the screen/speakers. It is a long and narrow room I guess. But I still am turned off by the whole horizontal speaker thing now. I snapped a pic of my Living room. I might post it just for ideas.

Good luck with your speakers!
cissado is offline  
post #35847 of 37811 Old 06-16-2018, 04:39 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hey Gang :-) So stupid question... I have a DSP-3400 sub and a friend has just lent me their Perfect Bass Kit to help calibrate it for the new home. I got up to the point where I was asked to plug in the mini-USB cable into the sub... but I can't find any USB port on it??? Apparently it has one but for the life of me I can't find it... anyone?
Arrjo is offline  
post #35848 of 37811 Old 06-16-2018, 09:06 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 635
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrjo View Post
Hey Gang :-) So stupid question... I have a DSP-3400 sub and a friend has just lent me their Perfect Bass Kit to help calibrate it for the new home. I got up to the point where I was asked to plug in the mini-USB cable into the sub... but I can't find any USB port on it??? Apparently it has one but for the life of me I can't find it... anyone?
Do you have V1 (with speaker level terminals) or V2 (only line level in)?

I think you need V2 for PBK. The USB port is obvious on V2 so I'm guessing you have V1.
http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/6...mages/1169074/

Last edited by ST Dog; 06-16-2018 at 09:39 AM.
ST Dog is offline  
post #35849 of 37811 Old 06-16-2018, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member
 
nodoubt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 715
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 267
somebody do a review of the premiere series already!
nodoubt is offline  
post #35850 of 37811 Old 06-16-2018, 06:19 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoubt View Post
somebody do a review of the premiere series already!

Like someone who just brought home 2 new ones today?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5977.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	890.2 KB
ID:	2417052  
HollowGrind is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off