Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 1217 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5979Likes

post #36481 of 38545 Old 11-16-2018, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLaud25 View Post
You aren't reading all professional reviews in that case, their movie performance has been universally lauded yes but music, no.
I'm talking about the personal experiences posted in this thread and similar threads

Some love them, others dislike (hate even?) them for music.

Was just an observation.

I'm still happy with my Monitor 7s and their titanium tweeters, even 19 yrs later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36482 of 38545 Old 11-16-2018, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 3325 Post(s)
Liked: 2202
Quote:
You aren't reading all professional reviews in that case, their movie performance has been universally lauded yes but music, no. try reading more impressions. and also i was not coming from cheap speakers, i had monitor audio gold 300 (ribbon tweeter) which i sold when moving houses, these paradigm prestige are not as good on music. And now after having heard the bowers and wilikins latest 700 series, i think they sound crisper too. the kef r series and reference series also has better impressions for music over paradigm prestige. at the price paradigm is charging , why are they sticking to simply an aluminium dome tweeter i have no idea? paradigm needs to get better with highs, oh im sure the persona would be much better in this department, but the point is that currently competitors at paradigm prestige level prices do better with highs.
I do like the KEF R-Series, and auditioned them (would be pretty happy with them), but a tad on the laid back side for me. So at that price point, I'm preferential to the Paradigm.B&W, other than Diamonds, don't do it for me. I'm quite pleased really with the musical performance, including the highs, of the Prestige. But I'm no golden ear.

If musical is what you want and you have a local dealer, you should audition Totem Acoustic.
pappaduke likes this.

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
post #36483 of 38545 Old 11-16-2018, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
I'm talking about the personal experiences posted in this thread and similar threads

Some love them, others dislike (hate even?) them for music.

Was just an observation.

I'm still happy with my Monitor 7s and their titanium tweeters, even 19 yrs later.
Good for you, i think the paradigm's monitor line is good value for money. Im not totally new to paradigm as i owned the paradigm studio series (studio 60v5 fronts) around 2013 and that series was great value for money. I can't say the same for prestige, with prestige paradigm has taken to a higher pricing but not delivering that much speaker for the money, imho. at prestige level prices, you'll currently find competitor models that perform audibly better with the highs/treble, so i think paradigm with the prestige design choices and the high pricing has deviated from the 'value for money' argument. at the pricing of the 85F, i would expect something better than an aluminium dome tweeter that sounded edgy, the speaker with female vocals in songs simply did not feel natural, also a lack of some transparency in the highs with music. I think people like me coming from high end speakers and currently comparing the prestige to the higher end stuff from b&w and kef would sound more picky about it, simply because i would have a good reference point to draw comparisons. But if these speakers work for some people for music , then great. but based on my research and my auditioining of different brands , i find that for music playback, at prestige 85F like prices, there are currently better sounding options on the market. So paradigm isn't the one for me this time, i did give it a chance. hope owners here have a good time with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36484 of 38545 Old 11-16-2018, 02:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
imho
There's the key to what I was saying.
post #36485 of 38545 Old 11-16-2018, 03:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Liked: 1389
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
Do the 15Bs have holes for mounting?

What do they weigh?

I like the Paradigm MB-60, rated for 12lbs, if that is enough for the 15B.
But they aren't listed on the Paradigm site any more. Can still find them though.
That are something like 17 pounds each, so that wouldn't work. I don't think they have mounting holes, but they won't be here until tomorrow, so I can't say for sure. I might just put it on a Sanus stand if I can't find a decent wall mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyo View Post
Hey everyone. I am seriously thinking about selling my Paradigm Prestige Studio 85F, along with the 45c Center channel. I still have all the original boxes and they are in great shape. I was thinking $3500 would be a good price. Does that seem high or low?

They are Walnut.
Honestly I think you'd have better luck around $3k. My 85F/55C setup was only $4200 - brand new from an authorized dealer.
post #36486 of 38545 Old 11-16-2018, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Good for you, i think the paradigm's monitor line is good value for money. Im not totally new to paradigm as i owned the paradigm studio series (studio 60v5 fronts) around 2013 and that series was great value for money. I can't say the same for prestige, with prestige paradigm has taken to a higher pricing but not delivering that much speaker for the money, imho. at prestige level prices, you'll currently find competitor models that perform audibly better with the highs/treble, so i think paradigm with the prestige design choices and the high pricing has deviated from the 'value for money' argument. at the pricing of the 85F, i would expect something better than an aluminium dome tweeter that sounded edgy, the speaker with female vocals in songs simply did not feel natural, also a lack of some transparency in the highs with music. I think people like me coming from high end speakers and currently comparing the prestige to the higher end stuff from b&w and kef would sound more picky about it, simply because i would have a good reference point to draw comparisons. But if these speakers work for some people for music , then great. but based on my research and my auditioining of different brands , i find that for music playback, at prestige 85F like prices, there are currently better sounding options on the market. So paradigm isn't the one for me this time, i did give it a chance. hope owners here have a good time with it.
I have Prestige 15B’s and find them good with music and excellent with movies. I heard the 700 series B&W’s about 3 months ago and I’d describe them just as you described the Prestige, as bright, edgy and not very impressive. But I know it was the way they were set up in the store and they should’ve been better, and I’d like to hear them again.
I never judge speakers by how they sound in one set up because I’ve heard how different speakers can sound even by moving them to another wall in the same room.
For music I’d probably pass on the 700’s and all Paradigm speakers. I haven’t heard the KEF R series. But compared to the LS50’s, I found the 15B’s are clearer, sound bigger, and have better bass.
My favourite speakers for music are about $25k, and I’m not sure if I ever want to invest that much. The Totem Tribe Towers sounded pretty good at $5k but I’d want to hear them again, preferably in my own room with the ARC calibration. The Tribes are far from the clearest and most accurate sounding speakers I’ve heard for the price, but there was something smooth and musical about them. They also look great and my wife wants me to buy them.
It seems like you might be looking for a similar sound. The problem is that super clear, transparent, smooth, balanced, and musical speakers are going to be much more expensive than what you’re looking at.

Last edited by Williams2; 11-17-2018 at 09:19 AM.
post #36487 of 38545 Old 11-16-2018, 04:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams2 View Post
The Totem Tribe Towers sounded pretty good at $5k but I’d want to hear them again, preferably in my own room with the ARC calibration. The Tribes are far from the clearest and most accurate sounding speakers I’ve heard for the price, but there was something smooth and musical about them. They also look great and my wife wants me to buy them.

Yes, you should definitely hear them in your space, if at all possible. I heard them in a dealer showroom shortly after they had arrived, in a treated space, but they were not placed with that in mind, zero room correction, and I thought they were fantastic, better than Prestige (not by miles), though I prefer the appearance of the Prestige. Still, for such a small tower - I thought they delivered. Totem does seem to have a magical, musical quality to them.
pappaduke likes this.

Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #36488 of 38545 Old 11-16-2018, 04:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratbuddy View Post
That are something like 17 pounds each, so that wouldn't work.
Maybe something lIke this?

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_...seq=1&format=2
post #36489 of 38545 Old 11-16-2018, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Upgrade suggestions?

Thinking about upgrading, thought I'd ask for some suggestions. My current setup is 3.1 with Monitor 7 v6 fronts, cc190 v6 center and a dsp3200 sub. The room isn't a theater, it's a 15x30 room with vaulted ceilings, about 14' high in the center of the room. We sit about 12' from the fronts and center. Use is probably 90% TV and movies watching, 10% music.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the quality, but after a few years thinking about something new. I'm wondering if the Prestige line roughly maps to the old Monitor 7/9/11? Would the Prestige 85 would be a significant step up? Also wondering about the difference with the 55c compared to the cc190. The sub is placed in a corner, not sure if that would be worth upgrading.

Any thoughts on upgrading a piece at a time? Maybe do the center first, fronts later? Would the different products work well together being fairly different?

Appreciate any input for my use case here. I've reviewed a lot of the recent posts in this thread, but every situation is a bit different so thought I'd ask all of my questions anyhow. Thanks in advance!
post #36490 of 38545 Old 11-16-2018, 06:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 3658 Post(s)
Liked: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas2 View Post
I do like the KEF R-Series, and auditioned them (would be pretty happy with them), but a tad on the laid back side for me. So at that price point, I'm preferential to the Paradigm.B&W, other than Diamonds, don't do it for me. I'm quite pleased really with the musical performance, including the highs, of the Prestige. But I'm no golden ear.

If musical is what you want and you have a local dealer, you should audition Totem Acoustic.
You would be pleasantly surprised with the new R series then. The new 12th-generation Uni-Q driver does have a less laid-back, yet smoother treble and better-controlled bass. Incredible value now, getting so close to Reference level. That said, Dirac Live has done wonders for my previous-generation R series in correcting that laid-back characteristic.
Jonas2 likes this.

KEF R500, R200C, R100, R50, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758v3 AVR, LG UP875 4K BlueRay, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer. Office: NAD M10, KEF LS50, KEF Kube 10b, E.A.T. C-Major TT w/Ortofon Quintet Blue cart.
post #36491 of 38545 Old 11-16-2018, 08:26 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I am in market for a new L/C/R by Paradigms. I know there's an offer for 20% with Paradigms and I love the 95F/55C. I want surrounds too I guess even 25S.

Which Paradigm Studio line and version was considered best in Studio series? Someone's selling 100v4 and someone selling v6. Which do you recommend? Something comparing 95F/55C?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #36492 of 38545 Old 11-16-2018, 11:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhale64L7 View Post
I wanted the Persona center channel. But started to run out of money. So I figured I'd try the B. And low and behold the rew graphs are almost identical. And I have great dialogue intelligibility with it. So I haven't been disappointed in it as a center at all.

Ron
Ron:

It makes perfect sense to me to use the Persona B as a center. The tweeter and midrange are identical to the 3f; whereas the Persona Center has a 4" midrange instead of the 7" midrange of the B and 3f.

Did you ever consider using 3 of the Persona B's upfront?

Are you currently using your other pair of Persona B's as your surrounds?

Was there any kind of "break-in" period for the Personas ?

Jimmy
post #36493 of 38545 Old 11-17-2018, 02:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1211 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Yes I am using two of the B's for rears but actually this is overkill for me. I am thinking about selling the two B's in the rear and getting the 25s for the rears. If I knew that Paradigm wasn't working on some other surrounds to more match the Persona's I would have already done that. I actually did consider three B's for the front with subs. But I loved the sound of the 3f so much I couldn't not get them. If I had lots of money I would have gotten the towers plus the center plus the B's. And been done with it.

Ron
JimmyDaves likes this.

65" LG B8 Oled,Emotiva RMC1L Processor, Digital Amp Co. 5 and 4 Cherry King amplifiers, Dish Net Hopper, Panasonic UB 820, Sotm SMS 200 ultra Neo and SPS 500 power supply, Rythmik E15HP SE sub, Aerial 6t mains, Aerial 5T surrounds, Aerial cc3B center, ISO Acoustics under all the Aerials 4 Goldenear HTR 7000 ceiling speakers for Atmos All in a dedicated theater with bass traps in all corners and soffits.
post #36494 of 38545 Old 11-17-2018, 02:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1211 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Break in yes about a week of non stop play.

Ron
JimmyDaves likes this.

65" LG B8 Oled,Emotiva RMC1L Processor, Digital Amp Co. 5 and 4 Cherry King amplifiers, Dish Net Hopper, Panasonic UB 820, Sotm SMS 200 ultra Neo and SPS 500 power supply, Rythmik E15HP SE sub, Aerial 6t mains, Aerial 5T surrounds, Aerial cc3B center, ISO Acoustics under all the Aerials 4 Goldenear HTR 7000 ceiling speakers for Atmos All in a dedicated theater with bass traps in all corners and soffits.
post #36495 of 38545 Old 11-17-2018, 01:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Liked: 1389
Quote:
Originally Posted by John LeMay View Post
Thinking about upgrading, thought I'd ask for some suggestions. My current setup is 3.1 with Monitor 7 v6 fronts, cc190 v6 center and a dsp3200 sub. The room isn't a theater, it's a 15x30 room with vaulted ceilings, about 14' high in the center of the room. We sit about 12' from the fronts and center. Use is probably 90% TV and movies watching, 10% music.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the quality, but after a few years thinking about something new. I'm wondering if the Prestige line roughly maps to the old Monitor 7/9/11? Would the Prestige 85 would be a significant step up? Also wondering about the difference with the 55c compared to the cc190. The sub is placed in a corner, not sure if that would be worth upgrading.

Any thoughts on upgrading a piece at a time? Maybe do the center first, fronts later? Would the different products work well together being fairly different?

Appreciate any input for my use case here. I've reviewed a lot of the recent posts in this thread, but every situation is a bit different so thought I'd ask all of my questions anyhow. Thanks in advance!
Prestige is positioned somewhere between Studio and Signature. Yes, Prestige 85F would be significantly better then any Monitor stuff, but listen to the Premier 800F and 600C before deciding on Prestige. The Premier line is essentially the new Studio as far as price and position in the Paradigm lineup, and sounds quite a lot better then Monitor v6 (I've owned both). If Premier had been available when I was getting my 85F/55C setup, I would have gone with that instead.

Feel free to upgrade the center first, then the mains and surrounds later on. The CC-190 is OK for a small system, but it really can't compare to the bigger centers like 55C and 600C. Heck, I didn't even find the CC-290 big enough and had to move up to a CC-390 to get the kind of center channel presence I wanted.

If you only do the center, I think your best bet is to go audition the 600C and 55C and see if you like the bigger-yet-cheaper 600C. They also have a 20% sale right now on the floorstanders in both lineups. Whether you went 85F or 800F, you could probably easily talk the dealer into giving you 20% off the center channel too.
post #36496 of 38545 Old 11-17-2018, 03:14 PM

Paradigm Owners Thread

Someone's selling Paradigm Signature S8v3
Two floorstanding, C5 centre, and 2 ADP3 for $12,000CDN.

Is it worth the price? Do I have better options? I liked the 95F and 55C and really liked them. I have never heard Studio or Signatures.

Last edited by kumar2018; 11-17-2018 at 03:30 PM.
post #36497 of 38545 Old 11-17-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Prestige is positioned somewhere between Studio and Signature. Yes, Prestige 85F would be significantly better then any Monitor stuff, but listen to the Premier 800F and 600C before deciding on Prestige. The Premier line is essentially the new Studio as far as price and position in the Paradigm lineup, and sounds quite a lot better then Monitor v6 (I've owned both). If Premier had been available when I was getting my 85F/55C setup, I would have gone with that instead.

Feel free to upgrade the center first, then the mains and surrounds later on. The CC-190 is OK for a small system, but it really can't compare to the bigger centers like 55C and 600C. Heck, I didn't even find the CC-290 big enough and had to move up to a CC-390 to get the kind of center channel presence I wanted.

If you only do the center, I think your best bet is to go audition the 600C and 55C and see if you like the bigger-yet-cheaper 600C. They also have a 20% sale right now on the floorstanders in both lineups. Whether you went 85F or 800F, you could probably easily talk the dealer into giving you 20% off the center channel too.
Thanks for the input. I somehow had missed the Premier line in the mix, but that pricing makes more sense when looking to step up from Monitor. Unfortunately I didn't know 20% sale was on. I just happened to be thinking about it and now the sale is over. Oh well, more time to think about it I suppose. Unfortunately in my area I only see a few custom installers listed who do not have storefronts to go demo in. The dealer in town I bought from originally has scaled back and I dont think was ever an official reseller, likely reselling on behalf of another official reseller I expect.

I am definitely more interested now that I'm looking at the Premier line, especially with positive comments from someone who has used both those and the Monitor line. Good to know it sounds like I can safely do the center first and fronts later as well. Thanks again!
post #36498 of 38545 Old 11-17-2018, 10:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2018 View Post
Someone's selling Paradigm Signature S8v3
Two floorstanding, C5 centre, and 2 ADP3 for $12,000CDN.

Is it worth the price? Do I have better options? I liked the 95F and 55C and really liked them. I have never heard Studio or Signatures.

Could be worth it if you can get it lower. I don't know what the prices were in CDN, but for US that would be high.
kumar2018 likes this.
post #36499 of 38545 Old 11-17-2018, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
That are something like 17 pounds each, so that wouldn't work. I don't think they have mounting holes, but they won't be here until tomorrow, so I can't say for sure. I might just put it on a Sanus stand if I can't find a decent wall mount.

Honestly I think you'd have better luck around $3k. My 85F/55C setup was only $4200 - brand new from an authorized dealer.

Ok great. I’ll try them at $3k locally and see how they go. Thanks!

Host of The Beginner Audiophile Podcast http://beginneraudiophile.com - @beginneraudiophile on IG
This Week: Paradigm Prestige 85F mains | Paradigm Prestige 45c center | Paradigm Monitor 3 surrounds | Marantz SR7009 | Emotiva XPA-5 | Marantz 5005 Blu-Ray | Apple TV 4 | REGA DAC.
post #36500 of 38545 Old 11-17-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank_PD View Post
Could be worth it if you can get it lower. I don't know what the prices were in CDN, but for US that would be high.

He is firm on the price, may come down $500. He's not in a rush to sell. If I get a new 95F/55C/25S surround package, it will cost around $8500 CDN and it's expensive.

I've just heard from people here about signature and studio series. But there are so many versions, I don't know which are best to keep an eye for if someone sells used.

I wasn't sure maybe Signature was a better line compared to Persona .. or do you suggest anything else that's close to 95/55?

post #36501 of 38545 Old 11-17-2018, 10:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
He is firm on the price, may come down $500. He's not in a rush to sell. If I get a new 95F/55C/25S surround package, it will cost around $8500 CDN and it's expensive.

I've just heard from people here about signature and studio series. But there are so many versions, I don't know which are best to keep an eye for if someone sells used.

I wasn't sure maybe Signature was a better line compared to Persona .. or do you suggest anything else that's close to 95/55?

Back when the signature was available MSRP for that set up would have been $20k USD if it is Piano Black. Closer to $19,600 for the other finishes.

Last edited by rwheelwright; 11-17-2018 at 11:00 PM.
post #36502 of 38545 Old 11-17-2018, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheelwright View Post
Back when the signature was available MSRP for that set up would have been $19598 USD.

Yes he did state it was a $23000 pkg cdn.
I'm just wondering if it's really worth going for an older model. I love how 95F/55C sound, but they are expensive for $8500 with surrounds.

Is there anything else in Paradigm similar sounding or some other?

What Paradigm series and versions would you recommend were best?

post #36503 of 38545 Old 11-17-2018, 11:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Yes he did state it was a $23000 pkg cdn.
I'm just wondering if it's really worth going for an older model. I love how 95F/55C sound, but they are expensive for $8500 with surrounds.

Is there anything else in Paradigm similar sounding or some other?

What Paradigm series and versions would you recommend were best?

I can't really comment. I had heard Signatures years ago and then when I was able to I purchased them. Haven't heard any of the other series, new or old. I believe the Signature is a step up with the Be tweeter and being a 3-way speaker.
kumar2018 likes this.
post #36504 of 38545 Old 11-17-2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheelwright View Post
I can't really comment. I had heard Signatures years ago and then when I was able to I purchased them. Haven't heard any of the other series, new or old. I believe the Signature is a step up with the Be tweeter and being a 3-way speaker.

Thank you. How do Prestige 95F sound compared to Signature or studio? I was reading above, someone recommended Premier 800F/600C as an alternative to Prestige.

post #36505 of 38545 Old 11-18-2018, 07:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you. How do Prestige 95F sound compared to Signature or studio? I was reading above, someone recommended Premier 800F/600C as an alternative to Prestige.
Can't comment on how Studio compares to Premiere, but, keeping in mind that "better" is a subjective term, and I'm basing this only from info that I have gathered reading right here and applying my own judgement:

Persona is better than Signature is better than Prestige is better than Studio. But one member recently posted that while Persona was good, it wasn't the $$$ difference better than Prestige. So everyone is different, of course! Your circumstances will vary too.

If you like the look of Sigs., then by all means consider that deal if the seller can come down a bit. But keep in mind you are getting used goods (though I doubt they were abused) as opposed to warranty goods if that matters to you. I'm not a fan of the Sigs., saw them at a local dealer as they were being phased out (though no chance to hear them), and they just look too "busy" to me. I like the simplistic approach of Prestige. Others will be 100% the opposite!

Keep us posted on your decision! Don't feel bad if you don't get the Sigs and end up with Prestige. I love 'em!
kumar2018 likes this.

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #36506 of 38545 Old 11-18-2018, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Can't comment on how Studio compares to Premiere, but, keeping in mind that "better" is a subjective term, and I'm basing this only from info that I have gathered reading right here and applying my own judgement:

Persona is better than Signature is better than Prestige is better than Studio. But one member recently posted that while Persona was good, it wasn't the $$$ difference better than Prestige. So everyone is different, of course! Your circumstances will vary too.

If you like the look of Sigs., then by all means consider that deal if the seller can come down a bit. But keep in mind you are getting used goods (though I doubt they were abused) as opposed to warranty goods if that matters to you. I'm not a fan of the Sigs., saw them at a local dealer as they were being phased out (though no chance to hear them), and they just look too "busy" to me. I like the simplistic approach of Prestige. Others will be 100% the opposite!

Keep us posted on your decision! Don't feel bad if you don't get the Sigs and end up with Prestige. I love 'em!

Thanks for your input Jonas2, I completely understand that it's subjective to individual hearing, hence I had put out their that I love how the Prestige 95F sound. I was hoping to finding a slightly cheaper alternative to the 95/55.

I too think that paying big bucks is probably not a great idea for used. Some people here I've heard have said these speakers last a while especially if not abused. And why pay premium of new when you can get someone else to pay for it. Same as buying a used/leased vs new car.

What do you say about the Premier 800F/600C?

Jonas2 likes this.
post #36507 of 38545 Old 11-18-2018, 08:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I was hoping to finding a slightly cheaper alternative to the 95/55.

85F? Do you need the 95F? You'll save right off the top if you can go down to the 85F, you'll sacrifice some bass output, but nothing else, and if you've got subs, I think you'd be impressed. (Unless you've already compared the two and preferred the 95F). The 55C though - it's a very capable center, not sure if there's a good Paradigm compromise to that.

Quote:
I too think that paying big bucks is probably not a great idea for used. Some people here I've heard have said these speakers last a while especially if not abused. And why pay premium of new when you can get someone else to pay for it. Same as buying a used/leased vs new car.

What do you say about the Premier 800F/600C?

I agree with that. I'm the kinda person though that just likes "new", so I know something's history and all. Personal choice!

I can't say anything about Premier, never had a chance to hear them. Local dealer closed up shop before they could get any going.
kumar2018 likes this.

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #36508 of 38545 Old 11-18-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
85F? Do you need the 95F? You'll save right off the top if you can go down to the 85F, you'll sacrifice some bass output, but nothing else, and if you've got subs, I think you'd be impressed. (Unless you've already compared the two and preferred the 95F). The 55C though - it's a very capable center, not sure if there's a good Paradigm compromise to that.

I agree with that. I'm the kinda person though that just likes "new", so I know something's history and all. Personal choice!

I can't say anything about Premier, never had a chance to hear them. Local dealer closed up shop before they could get any going.

Thanks again! I've compared the 85 and 95, and my only thing with 85 is the bass primarily. I was hoping to go to 95 and not have to use a sub because we're in a condo, but I don't know how movies would sound without a sub even if I have a 95/55 set. For music, 2 channel 95 are amazing.

post #36509 of 38545 Old 11-18-2018, 08:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks again! I've compared the 85 and 95, and my only thing with 85 is the bass primarily. I was hoping to go to 95 and not have to use a sub because we're in a condo, but I don't know how movies would sound without a sub even if I have a 95/55 set. For music, 2 channel 95 are amazing.

Of course, another to look at it! You spend more on the 95F, but save money on subs!! (And especially is space is an issue). It sounds like you really like the 95s.

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #36510 of 38545 Old 11-18-2018, 10:53 AM

500c / 600c vs cc190?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doa70 View Post
Thanks for the input. I somehow had missed the Premier line in the mix, but that pricing makes more sense when looking to step up from Monitor.
So quoting my own reply here, but I have a more specific question. Considering only the center channel, would the 500C be a significant upgrade from the CC-190? Looking at the 600C, it is physically rather large compared to either the 500 or the 190. I'm concerned that in a room that is 15x30 with vaulted ceilings the 600 may still be on the large side considering the seating positions around 8-12' from the center speaker. L/R are each about 3' from the middle of the center speaker. The 600 is designed for higher input as well, but I'm thinking I'm able to feed it enough with the X3300W I'm using.

I'm definitely going to have to demo something it seems. I think I'll reach out to a couple local installers to see if they have one I can demo in home to see how it sounds since it is such an odd space.

Last edited by doa70; 11-18-2018 at 11:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page