Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 1241 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5434Likes

post #37201 of 37314 Old 05-12-2019, 11:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers10 View Post
Saw some used Studio 100 v3 for about 1k and saw some Monitor 11 v6 with a cc290 and adp390v5 for about $1,100.
I think the Studios would be a good step up. But the Monitor 11s wouldn't be as much, more a side step.

If no sub the 11's might make sense, say for 2 channel, where the deeper bass would help.

You'd really have to listen to see if the 800F would be a worthy step.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37202 of 37314 Old 05-12-2019, 11:22 PM

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 31
When I planning out my home theater I decided on a 55C. My original dealer said the 75F's matched better with the 45C but I insisted that I wanted the 55C. I later switched dealers over an issue. I found a new dealer and I decided after reading reviews that I wanted the 85F. I was planning to go with the 55C but new dealer said 45C was all I needed. He said the 55C would overwhelm my 16X12 room. I decided to go with what he said and its installed now. After the install I wasn't sure if the 45C was my best option so I posted here and was told 55C would be better. I brought this up with dealer, I told him I would pay to have it remounted on a shelf that he installed. Would mean cutting new holes and patching old holes. He again said that I would be wasting my money that the 55C would be to overwhelming me in my room
After realizing that this dealer is not up on everything I am having my doubts about whether the 45C is the proper match for the 85F's.
The rest of my system is 1120 Anthem, Surround 3 mounted surround speakers and 4 ceiling speakers that I had from my previous 5.1 system.
Is the dealer right about the 55C being too much, too loud for my room? I heard in the showroom the 85F's with the 55C and I thought it was magical sounding. Then again it was at the dealers who was using the best of everything with the best possible acoustics.
I would be interested in hearing some opinions on this.
Thanks
post #37203 of 37314 Old 05-13-2019, 03:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokap View Post
When I planning out my home theater I decided on a 55C. My original dealer said the 75F's matched better with the 45C but I insisted that I wanted the 55C. I later switched dealers over an issue. I found a new dealer and I decided after reading reviews that I wanted the 85F. I was planning to go with the 55C but new dealer said 45C was all I needed. He said the 55C would overwhelm my 16X12 room. I decided to go with what he said and its installed now. After the install I wasn't sure if the 45C was my best option so I posted here and was told 55C would be better. I brought this up with dealer, I told him I would pay to have it remounted on a shelf that he installed. Would mean cutting new holes and patching old holes. He again said that I would be wasting my money that the 55C would be to overwhelming me in my room
After realizing that this dealer is not up on everything I am having my doubts about whether the 45C is the proper match for the 85F's.
The rest of my system is 1120 Anthem, Surround 3 mounted surround speakers and 4 ceiling speakers that I had from my previous 5.1 system.
Is the dealer right about the 55C being too much, too loud for my room? I heard in the showroom the 85F's with the 55C and I thought it was magical sounding. Then again it was at the dealers who was using the best of everything with the best possible acoustics.
Thanks
What's your seating distance? 85F and 55C are probably too much for your room.
In our last house with a room a little bigger than yours, I had 3x 15B's with a 12" Polk subwoofer and Denon receiver and it sounded really good.
In our new house in a roughly 18'x 26' room, I started with 85F's and a 55C, with an Anthem MRX520 and Prestige 1000SW sub. The 85F's were too boomy without ARC, and just too big for the room. So I changed the 85F's and got 15B's for L/R with the 55C. It sounded great, but side to side panning just didn't sound as seamless as it did in our last house. So I changed the 55C and now have 3x 15B's again, but white, with a 12" sub.
With the better 12" sealed sub and Anthem room correction, it sounds amazing. The 3 15B's are enough with our 8' seating distance.
Max volume goes up to +10 on the AVR. I have the volume lock limited to -10 and that's the loudest needed for any purpose, and our usual listening levels are between -20 and -30.
bokap likes this.

Last edited by Williams2; 05-13-2019 at 03:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37204 of 37314 Old 05-13-2019, 06:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 165
A case of the seller giving advice that isn't an "upsell" and it's not taken...or doubted.
In the end it is the buyer with the cash that rules.
If you want the 55c then buy it. If it does overwhelm the room that is on the buyer.
I have the 45c and love it...in my case it is a perfect blend with the 15b's/fronts and last rev Atoms as surrounds with a svs sb3000 sub. Though my room is roughly 3000 cubic feet it is live and fills with sound.

If I listened to more music than TV/movies, etc. I'd likely want a set of towers but in my case the 15b's are perfect and even playing music via a Marantz sr5011 with lossless files on a usb drive it sounds wonderful...to me and my wife...the only one's that matter in the end.

Buy what you want and enjoy the hell out of it !
bokap and brireeves629 like this.

TV: Samsung 60KS8000, AVR: Marantz SR5011, Speakers: front/Paradigm Prestige 15B bookshelf, center/Paradigm Prestige 45C, surround/Paradigm Atom, sub/SVS SB3000, DVD: LG UBK 90 UHD DVD Player, Remote: Logitech Harmony Ultimate Home
post #37205 of 37314 Old 05-13-2019, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 112
Hi paradigm owners. I am considering the Monitor SE 6000F speakers but i understand they came out last year.

1. what month were they released?
2. does Paradigm update to a new version every year or is it on a non regular time frame?

I am willing to wait should a v2 come out and my local dealer sells the demo pair at a discount. I love the sound of these speakers but am concerned about the amount of mid bass. I only listened to them for 30 minutes so far but they seemed to lack midbass in most of the music i was listening to. It would be hard to believe these speakers do not have enough mid bass with 3 woofers even at 5.5". I went into the shop expecting 8" or 10" woofers but times have changed in 25 years. I will pair these with my SVS SB 2000 sub. I am waiting for my dealer to get SVS Prime Towers to compare these speakers against, but some reviews of the SVS talk about ear fatigue with treble when listening to female voices which would be a deal breaker since I listen to Christina Aguilera and Chvrches.

Any suggestions are welcome and I am willing to buy used speakers but i have no clue what the models to search for.

TV - Sony 65XBR-930e | Receiver - Yamaha RX-V577 | 4K player - Sony UBP-X700 | PS3 | Router - Asus RT-AC86U | SVS SB-2000 sub | Paradigm Monitor SE 6000F L/R | Paradigm Monitor SE 2000C center | Paradigm ADP-170 v.3 rears

Last edited by Jim Kiler; 05-13-2019 at 09:20 AM.
post #37206 of 37314 Old 05-13-2019, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Thanks
For my part, my 85F's are in a 11.5 X 13 room. I became a guru for small space and good acoustics IMHO. I have the 55C and am very happy with it. I don't think it would be a "be all end all" to have the 45C. Letting the sub drift up to a higher crossover point can help...if it doesn't get boomy or droan on and on or get muddy...
It is said that the 85F's are in the sweet spot for the line up...I almost went with the 75F's, but I'm very happy with the set up.

I am sorry that your dealer did not really listen to you. Not seeing your set up, I hope that the 45C is not put in a wall or something. I hope it is sitting on a nice shelf in the open. FWIW, Paradigm makes some great in-wall units and the Elites match the Prestige line up. I'm going to get a center in wall in somewhat the near future. The in walls' price point is reasonable as well.

It is always the question with any speaker..."did I get the right one...would this one be better than that one"...My advice is to insist on getting what you want. The 55C for my part does not growl very low. It is crossed over at 50hz going through room correction and I set it on 60hz. I let the sub do the dirty work and my HSU does a miraculous job at that.
bokap and sigpig like this.

L/R Paradigm Prestige 85F, Prestige CC55, HSU VTF-15H MK2 Subwoofer, Onkyo TXNR-838, Emotiva XPA3 Gen2. 65" JS9500. Fairly new audioholic
post #37207 of 37314 Old 05-13-2019, 06:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 2791 Post(s)
Liked: 1756
Quote:
Did you get your speakers yet?
I've had mine for a while, was that meant for somebody else???

Quote:
I got my 85F, 45C and Surround three last week. I wanted the 55C but my dealer convinced me the 45C would be too loud. My room is 16X12. I haven't been able to audition the 55C so I don't know how it sounds compared to 45C. I am interested in what you think about your 55C
I'm not sure what your dealer means by the 45C would be too loud? My room is 13 x 16, so very similar to yours - sure, I can make it too loud. But the 55C is just fine in any environment - it might be considered overkill by some, perhaps that's what the dealer meant? The 45C is fine, esp. with subwoofer (s), but the 55C can take a bit more, deliver a bit more across the frequency range, with what is in my opinion, added clarity across some of the low/low-midrange with the two additional drivers. They are both very good, so I wouldn't worry too much about this. Without subs, the 55C would be essential in my opinion, but overwhelming the space? Poppycock. The entire Prestige line is meant to go together - the 45C or 55C can mix with any of the towers and bookshelves. One might not NEED the size and performance of the larger speakers (some are obviously very happy with not having towers). All I can say is I'm very happy with the combo that I have - with the right (quality) material - it can be truly stunning just across the front sound stage in a less-than-optimal space. My dealer originally had their 75Fs with a 45C and the 85Fs with a 55C in two different spaces - at some point I caught the 75Fs in the space with the 85Fs and 55C and both towers sounded awesome with this center. (I think they did this temporarily for a demo or something.)

But I could never side by side the 45C and 55C as those were never in the same room. My dealer pushed me in neither direction - but certainly never made mention of the 55C being too much, and I never felt this dealer was trying to push stuff on me I didn't need or want. These speakers do want to be in the open though - if they are enclosed, they do not sound as good as their potential, I speak from experience - but I have no choice, and it still sounds bloody awesome.
bokap likes this.

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
post #37208 of 37314 Old 05-13-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas2 View Post
I've had mine for a while, was that meant for somebody else???

I'm not sure what your dealer means by the 45C would be too loud? My room is 13 x 16, so very similar to yours - sure, I can make it too loud. But the 55C is just fine in any environment - it might be considered overkill by some, perhaps that's what the dealer meant? The 45C is fine, esp. with subwoofer (s), but the 55C can take a bit more, deliver a bit more across the frequency range, with what is in my opinion, added clarity across some of the low/low-midrange with the two additional drivers. They are both very good, so I wouldn't worry too much about this. Without subs, the 55C would be essential in my opinion, but overwhelming the space? Poppycock. The entire Prestige line is meant to go together - the 45C or 55C can mix with any of the towers and bookshelves. One might not NEED the size and performance of the larger speakers (some are obviously very happy with not having towers). All I can say is I'm very happy with the combo that I have - with the right (quality) material - it can be truly stunning just across the front sound stage in a less-than-optimal space. My dealer originally had their 75Fs with a 45C and the 85Fs with a 55C in two different spaces - at some point I caught the 75Fs in the space with the 85Fs and 55C and both towers sounded awesome with this center. (I think they did this temporarily for a demo or something.)

But I could never side by side the 45C and 55C as those were never in the same room. My dealer pushed me in neither direction - but certainly never made mention of the 55C being too much, and I never felt this dealer was trying to push stuff on me I didn't need or want. These speakers do want to be in the open though - if they are enclosed, they do not sound as good as their potential, I speak from experience - but I have no choice, and it still sounds bloody awesome.
Jonas 2, thanks for the response. I think I probably stumbled on an old post by you.
The dealer has in his house the 95F with the 45C so I guess thats why he says I don't need the 55C. I just talked to him today and I asked him about the 55C and again he said he just wants to save me money.
I was planning to get the 55C and he talked me out of it. If its not to late to exchange the 45C for 55C I will. I don't mind paying more money. I just want to have the best system I can have
post #37209 of 37314 Old 05-13-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTDTS View Post
For my part, my 85F's are in a 11.5 X 13 room. I became a guru for small space and good acoustics IMHO. I have the 55C and am very happy with it. I don't think it would be a "be all end all" to have the 45C. Letting the sub drift up to a higher crossover point can help...if it doesn't get boomy or droan on and on or get muddy...
It is said that the 85F's are in the sweet spot for the line up...I almost went with the 75F's, but I'm very happy with the set up.

I am sorry that your dealer did not really listen to you. Not seeing your set up, I hope that the 45C is not put in a wall or something. I hope it is sitting on a nice shelf in the open. FWIW, Paradigm makes some great in-wall units and the Elites match the Prestige line up. I'm going to get a center in wall in somewhat the near future. The in walls' price point is reasonable as well.

It is always the question with any speaker..."did I get the right one...would this one be better than that one"...My advice is to insist on getting what you want. The 55C for my part does not growl very low. It is crossed over at 50hz going through room correction and I set it on 60hz. I let the sub do the dirty work and my HSU does a miraculous job at that.
Thanks for your response. I'm pretty sure I will ask my dealer if I can exchange the 45C for the 55C. It is on a shelf specially made for the 45C so that will have to replaced as well.
Can you tell me which HSU sub you have. I have a HSU STF-2 and I have wondered if this is good enough to go with my 85F's. Thanks
post #37210 of 37314 Old 05-14-2019, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Jonas 2, thanks for the response. I think I probably stumbled on an old post by you.
The dealer has in his house the 95F with the 45C so I guess thats why he says I don't need the 55C. I just talked to him today and I asked him about the 55C and again he said he just wants to save me money.
I was planning to get the 55C and he talked me out of it. If its not to late to exchange the 45C for 55C I will. I don't mind paying more money. I just want to have the best system I can have
So, if you can accommodate the speaker physically and it has good positioning, you're not going to regret having the 55C. I'd at least give it a try - see if the dealer will let you use their demo unit overnight or on a day they are closed (if they are). Can't hurt to ask! I do think though that if you don't at least try it and prove it to yourself the results, you'll always be second-guessing your decision.

I appreciate the honesty though, trying to save you money, so kudos to the dealer for that at least!
bokap likes this.

Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #37211 of 37314 Old 05-14-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
So, if you can accommodate the speaker physically and it has good positioning, you're not going to regret having the 55C. I'd at least give it a try - see if the dealer will let you use their demo unit overnight or on a day they are closed (if they are). Can't hurt to ask! I do think though that if you don't at least try it and prove it to yourself the results, you'll always be second-guessing your decision.

I appreciate the honesty though, trying to save you money, so kudos to the dealer for that at least!
I couldn't try out it out, had to order which I did. I'm getting full refund on 45C.
Hopefully I did the right thing. When it is installed I will post
Jonas2 and GTDTS like this.
post #37212 of 37314 Old 05-14-2019, 11:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It's not the wrong thing.

You may not really notice a difference at the listening levels you use, but it won't be worse.

Sort of like buying a 300hp car vs 200. You may never use the extra powe available, but it'll still do the job.
bokap and Jonas2 like this.
post #37213 of 37314 Old 05-15-2019, 06:19 AM

[QUOTE=ST Dog;58049924]It's not the wrong thing.

You may not really notice a difference at the listening levels you use, but it won't be worse.
I am glad I bought it. If I didn't I would always wonder if my system was running at peak performance
sigpig and Jonas2 like this.
post #37214 of 37314 Old 05-15-2019, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 109
[quote=bokap;58050616]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
It's not the wrong thing.

I am glad I bought it. If I didn't I would always wonder if my system was running at peak performance
Exactly!! Good for you.
I have two HSU subs.
When I did my first room...it has the Prestige and Elite lines in it...I purchased the VTF 15H MK2. Yes it is in a small room, but the thing is so configurable...after 3 weeks, I nailed it down and love it!

I am slowly putting together a basement system. I purchased the VTF-3 MK5 HP, which is basically the same as the VTF 15H MK2, but with a slightly smaller enclosure.
Looking forward to your review on the 55C and your overall system.
bokap and Jonas2 like this.

L/R Paradigm Prestige 85F, Prestige CC55, HSU VTF-15H MK2 Subwoofer, Onkyo TXNR-838, Emotiva XPA3 Gen2. 65" JS9500. Fairly new audioholic
post #37215 of 37314 Old 05-15-2019, 07:36 AM

[quote=GTDTS;58050720]
Quote:
Exactly!! Good for you.
I have two HSU subs.
When I did my first room...it has the Prestige and Elite lines in it...I purchased the VTF 15H MK2. Yes it is in a small room, but the thing is so configurable...after 3 weeks, I nailed it down and love it!

I am slowly putting together a basement system. I purchased the VTF-3 MK5 HP, which is basically the same as the VTF 15H MK2, but with a slightly smaller enclosure.
Looking forward to your review on the 55C and your overall system.
Are you familiar with the HSU STF-2. If so do you think it will be a good match for Paradigm 85F? My listening room is 16X12 but it is really much larger as it connects to the kitchen which is only separated by a counter
post #37216 of 37314 Old 05-16-2019, 05:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
[quote=bokap;58050962]
Quote:
Are you familiar with the HSU STF-2. If so do you think it will be a good match for Paradigm 85F? My listening room is 16X12 but it is really much larger as it connects to the kitchen which is only separated by a counter
My family room flows into the kitchen seating area, the kitchen and sunroom. With that being said I purchased dual SVS PB4000's and never looked back! They integrate with my 85F's so well it's amazing. Listening to Stereo music they blend in perfectly and when watching movies I can make the whole house shake it's incredible!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_61B0715-001.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	2567456  
bokap likes this.
post #37217 of 37314 Old 05-16-2019, 07:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I couldn't try out it out, had to order which I did. I'm getting full refund on 45C.

Look forward to it! I don't think you're going to regret it. Performance aside, the 55C just looks Bad-A$$ too. Yeah, might not be a beauty contest, but you can't help but be impressed by its physical presence and form.
bokap likes this.

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #37218 of 37314 Old 05-16-2019, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi Paradigm Owners. I have had a 3.1 setup for close to 20 years, with 2x monitor 7, 1x cc350, and a monitor sub 8. These speakers are now in a room where I can get it to 5.1.2. I have two questions.

1). For the rear sounds, I plan on going with ceiling speakers. Are the AMS-150 a good choice to pair with my fronts? I see a saved ebay search for AMS from 2010 so I believe they were recommended to be matching speakers in the past.

2). What should I get for upward firing Atmos speakers to place on top of the monitor 7?

Thanks!
post #37219 of 37314 Old 05-16-2019, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kiler View Post
Hi paradigm owners. I am considering the Monitor SE 6000F speakers but i understand they came out last year.

1. what month were they released?

2. does Paradigm update to a new version every year or is it on a non regular time frame?

I am willing to wait should a v2 come out and my local dealer sells the demo pair at a discount. I love the sound of these speakers but am concerned about the amount of mid bass. I only listened to them for 30 minutes so far but they seemed to lack midbass in most of the music i was listening to. It would be hard to believe these speakers do not have enough mid bass with 3 woofers even at 5.5". I went into the shop expecting 8" or 10" woofers but times have changed in 25 years. I will pair these with my SVS SB 2000 sub. I am waiting for my dealer to get SVS Prime Towers to compare these speakers against, but some reviews of the SVS talk about ear fatigue with treble when listening to female voices which would be a deal breaker since I listen to Christina Aguilera and Chvrches.

Any suggestions are welcome and I am willing to buy used speakers but i have no clue what the models to search for.

I have not heard the Monitor SE, but I heard the Prime Towers last week and was not impressed. They sounded very “compressed”. I did listen to the Premier 700f and the SVS didn’t come close to the Premiers in any category for what it’s worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #37220 of 37314 Old 05-16-2019, 11:28 AM

[quote=wfmiller;58055178]
Quote:

My family room flows into the kitchen seating area, the kitchen and sunroom. With that being said I purchased dual SVS PB4000's and never looked back! They integrate with my 85F's so well it's amazing. Listening to Stereo music they blend in perfectly and when watching movies I can make the whole house shake it's incredible!
I think because I have the 85F's and will soon be replacing 45C with 55C and my surrounds are Paradigm Surround3 that it makes sense to stay with Paradigm. I am now considering Paradigm Defiance X15. I just sent my dealer an email to see if he can get it. I think a big advantage of the X15 is that is has its own Anthem ARC room correction
post #37221 of 37314 Old 05-16-2019, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brireeves629 View Post
I have not heard the Monitor SE, but I heard the Prime Towers last week and was not impressed. They sounded very “compressed”. I did listen to the Premier 700f and the SVS didn’t come close to the Premiers in any category for what it’s worth.

I found them at a second dealer the other night and they no longer have the SVS Primes but he said the SVS primes were not nearly as good. Also the first demo i heard of the Monitor SE 6000f had a speaker out of phase so it sounded good but shallow in mid bass. This place had it correct and wow, these speakers are impressive. I would be hard pressed to find a better sound speaker for the under $1K price point.

This dealer also said it could be 5 years before Paradigm refreshes the speakers to a second version. The dealer said tower speakers do not sell like they used to. Everyone wants slim or bookshelf speakers these days.

TV - Sony 65XBR-930e | Receiver - Yamaha RX-V577 | 4K player - Sony UBP-X700 | PS3 | Router - Asus RT-AC86U | SVS SB-2000 sub | Paradigm Monitor SE 6000F L/R | Paradigm Monitor SE 2000C center | Paradigm ADP-170 v.3 rears
post #37222 of 37314 Old 05-16-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
I found them at a second dealer the other night and they no longer have the SVS Primes but he said the SVS primes were not nearly as good. Also the first demo i heard of the Monitor SE 6000f had a speaker out of phase so it sounded good but shallow in mid bass. This place had it correct and wow, these speakers are impressive. I would be hard pressed to find a better sound speaker for the under $1K price point.

This dealer also said it could be 5 years before Paradigm refreshes the speakers to a second version. The dealer said tower speakers do not sell like they used to. Everyone wants slim or bookshelf speakers these days.

I need to find some to listen to. I wonder how they compare to the Premier. I have Millinia 30 in my family room and paired with subs they sound fantastic. They don’t image like tower speakers would, but the way singing voices sound I haven’t heard better than Paradigm. Being a singer myself, it is the most important instrument in my listening.

So did you buy them?

post #37223 of 37314 Old 05-16-2019, 12:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brireeves629 View Post
I need to find some to listen to. I wonder how they compare to the Premier. I have Millinia 30 in my family room and paired with subs they sound fantastic. They don’t image like tower speakers would, but the way singing voices sound I haven’t heard better than Paradigm. Being a singer myself, it is the most important instrument in my listening.

So did you buy them?

I have not bought them yet, but mentally i am sold. I will buy them in 3 weeks after both daughter's birthdays and a family vacation so i can make sure they sound good in my home theater and potentially use the return policy, but i doubt that return policy will be needed.

Last edited by Jim Kiler; 05-16-2019 at 12:36 PM.
post #37224 of 37314 Old 05-16-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
I have not bought them yet, but mentally i am sold. I will buy them in 3 weeks after my daughters 2 birthdays and a family vacation so i can make sure they sound good in my home theater and potentially use the return policy, but i doubt that return policy will be needed.

That’s a good audiophile. Take care of the family birthdays FIRST. I hope they sound good in your space.

Jim Kiler likes this.
post #37225 of 37314 Old 05-16-2019, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 25
[quote=bokap;58050962]
Quote:

I have an HSU STF2 still going strong more than 10 years. Its a great sub, especially for music or HT in a small room. However, if your listening habit is loud or room is too large then STF2 is not suited. I have the sub in my bedroom paired with KEF LS50 and still sounds great.

Ascend Sierra Tower and Horizon with RAAL. HSU VTF-15H MK2. Sony 40ES and Silver Ticket 135.
post #37226 of 37314 Old 05-16-2019, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
[quote=bokap;58056970]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfmiller View Post
I think because I have the 85F's and will soon be replacing 45C with 55C and my surrounds are Paradigm Surround3 that it makes sense to stay with Paradigm. I am now considering Paradigm Defiance X15. I just sent my dealer an email to see if he can get it. I think a big advantage of the X15 is that is has its own Anthem ARC room correction
I actually have all Paradigm for my 7 speakers and had a Paradigm Servo-15 that went belly up but decided to go with the dual SVS 4000's. Really happy that I did! Enjoy your system
bokap likes this.
post #37227 of 37314 Old 05-16-2019, 02:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

You certainly can stick with Paradigm, but you don't have to. I've gotta agree with wfmiller, I've got the SB-predecessor to the PB4000 and they do integrate well with the Prestige in both performance and appearance (no grills, thanks! ). Nothing wrong with keeping the same brand throughout, but unlike the rest of the speakers, matching sub brands to mains is far less of a thing. Some "name" brand subs can truly deliver, but it's often that you're paying more for them because of the name, or they are not the best bang for the buck!
bokap likes this.

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #37228 of 37314 Old 05-16-2019, 03:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I am now considering Paradigm Defiance X15. I just sent my dealer an email to see if he can get it. I think a big advantage of the X15 is that is has its own Anthem ARC room correction
There are others with ARC/PBK.

You can also get a sub as good/better and correction tools (miniDSP/mic) for less than the Paradigm subs.

Not that Paradigm subs are bad, just price/performance isn't there.
bokap likes this.
post #37229 of 37314 Old 05-16-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
You certainly can stick with Paradigm, but you don't have to. I've gotta agree with wfmiller, I've got the SB-predecessor to the PB4000 and they do integrate well with the Prestige in both performance and appearance (no grills, thanks! ). Nothing wrong with keeping the same brand throughout, but unlike the rest of the speakers, matching sub brands to mains is far less of a thing. Some "name" brand subs can truly deliver, but it's often that you're paying more for them because of the name, or they are not the best bang for the buck!
Thanks Jonas2 That makes sense
post #37230 of 37314 Old 05-16-2019, 06:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 110
[quote=bokap;58056970]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfmiller View Post

You don’t need to match the sub brand to the rest of your speakers. You typically get a good bit more bang for your buck going with an ID sub company like HSU, SVS, Rythmik. This is the most thing common thing people do these days. Make a post in the sub forum about what sub to get for your space with dimensions and budget. You should get plenty of responses from bass heads galore. The defiance subs have had pretty good reviews. I bet you can do better in terms of value though.

Lastly, as others have said you made the right move getting the biggest center channel you could afford. If you move to a different house with a bigger space, you’re covered and no worries. I have a cc-690 in a 20x20 room and have no regrets. My plan is to move studio 100s and 690 to a bigger room when we move though.
bokap likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page