Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 1250 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5473Likes

post #37471 of 37517 Old 09-21-2019, 09:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
Yeah they are bipoles, which is why I placed them on the rear as I thought the surround effect would be better given that my seats are fairly close to the back wall (1.7ft)
When I had a 5.1 setup with dipoles I had them on the sides but would often hear sounds as if they were behind me as well as on the sides. If you look at Paradigm’️s setup for dipoles/bipoles they were designed to surround you. This was before Atmos came into the picture. I think you’️ll be fine either way. If not to difficult you could always experiment with placement.
What speakers were you running, and what are you running now?

There should be enough cable slack in the wall for me to remove them and place them on the side temporarily to see how they sound. Just a slight annoyance that's all. I'm actually wondering if I may have been better off running Atoms as my surrounds. I have an Atmos setup too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37472 of 37517 Old 09-22-2019, 06:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Quote:
What speakers were you running, and what are you running now?

There should be enough cable slack in the wall for me to remove them and place them on the side temporarily to see how they sound. Just a slight annoyance that's all. I'm actually wondering if I may have been better off running Atoms as my surrounds. I have an Atmos setup too.
My signature shows everything I’m running now. Up front, monitor9’s, CC-390, sides ADP 390’s, rears ADP 190’S and Atmos SVS Prime Elevations (4)mounted high on the sides pointed towards the center of the room. Dual PDR-100’s for subs
Now some (if not most) will tell you dipoles/bipoles are not ideal for Atmos and I won’t dispute that thought. So you are probably correct about the atoms. In my situation I already had my speakers in a 7.2 setup and was unwilling to replace my ADP’s at this time.
ADP’s were designed to create a more immersive surround field prior to Atmos and the ceiling layer. When I had the ADP’s mounted higher it was great, but now I have lowered them to just above ear level and the Atmos speakers up near the ceiling and it is impressive IMO.
Now my setup may not be ideal but I can tell you that I do get the sensation of objects being placed around the room. At some point I may replace the ADP’s but for now I’m impressed enough to leave it as it is.
At the end of the day in comes down to am I happy with my setup, yes I am.

Man cave-Marantz 8012, Oppo 203, 4K ATV, Sony XBR-75X940E, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's,
4 SVS Prime elevations. B&W P5. Living room- Yamaha 2010, Bluesound Node 2, Paradigm SE-1's, Zone 2-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM
Bedroom- Samsung UN60ES7100F, Oppo 103D, Pulse Mini, JBL Bar Studio, ATV3 and Harmony 650
post #37473 of 37517 Old 09-22-2019, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 931 Post(s)
Liked: 456
any one here running Paradigm angled in ceiling speakers for atmos? Any model is fin just looking for feed back on how you like them.

"we need more power" - My Wife.

Theater Build Thread - Wartooth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37474 of 37517 Old 09-23-2019, 05:03 AM

Quote:
My signature shows everything I’m running now. Up front, monitor9’s, CC-390, sides ADP 390’s, rears ADP 190’S and Atmos SVS Prime Elevations (4)mounted high on the sides pointed towards the center of the room. Dual PDR-100’s for subs
Now some (if not most) will tell you dipoles/bipoles are not ideal for Atmos and I won’t dispute that thought. So you are probably correct about the atoms. In my situation I already had my speakers in a 7.2 setup and was unwilling to replace my ADP’s at this time.
ADP’s were designed to create a more immersive surround field prior to Atmos and the ceiling layer. When I had the ADP’s mounted higher it was great, but now I have lowered them to just above ear level and the Atmos speakers up near the ceiling and it is impressive IMO.
Now my setup may not be ideal but I can tell you that I do get the sensation of objects being placed around the room. At some point I may replace the ADP’s but for now I’m impressed enough to leave it as it is.
At the end of the day in comes down to am I happy with my setup, yes I am.
Thanks man, so you're running a similar setup to me, however you have rear surrounds too. I don't have room for those.

On another note, I moved my speakers to the sides temporarily. Not sure if there is any major difference, have just tested one movie. Do you think this would be better placement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonslush View Post
any one here running Paradigm angled in ceiling speakers for atmos? Any model is fin just looking for feed back on how you like them.
Not sure if this helps, but I run RSL C34E in-ceiling speakers as Atmos, which are also angled like the Paradigms. They have a fairly neutral sound, like Paradigm, and I personally really like them for Atmos due to their angled design.
post #37475 of 37517 Old 09-23-2019, 05:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks man, so you're running a similar setup to me, however you have rear surrounds too. I don't have room for those.

On another note, I moved my speakers to the sides temporarily. Not sure if there is any major difference, have just tested one movie. Do you think this would be better placement?

Not sure if this helps, but I run RSL C34E in-ceiling speakers as Atmos, which are also angled like the Paradigms. They have a fairly neutral sound, like Paradigm, and I personally really like them for Atmos due to their angled design.
Funny you say that as it was my second choice for atmos speakers. I hear people suggest them, but havent actually seen any theater builds with them. For the cost its hard to not like them assuming they work well.

post #37476 of 37517 Old 09-23-2019, 05:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

as for your speaker question. If your running 5 speakers for your bed layer then your rears should be slightly off angled behind you ideally. Most people would suggest using traditional speaker for rears to get more point source sound. But I have been told and I do this myself. If your 5' or less from your side surrounds using bipoles even in an atmos setup would yield the best result to disperse the sound better. From the picture they do look to be rather close to your seats and considering you have a shelf behind you creating additional reflections I think the place you have it in your picture is more ideal. If anything just to get a better line of site to your ears with out the shelf being in the way. We all hate moving speakers. You could be lazy and just paint ( or cover with black tape )the wire black then tack it on the wall and move your alien figure in front of the wire to hide it from your eyes.

Are you running paradigms behind an AT screen?

post #37477 of 37517 Old 09-23-2019, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Funny you say that as it was my second choice for atmos speakers. I hear people suggest them, but havent actually seen any theater builds with them. For the cost its hard to not like them assuming they work well.
I have nothing else to compare to, but I really love their sound and they blend in seamlessly with my Paradigms. A lot of people on Facebook groups use them and love them. For the money, they would be hard to beat. I had several discussions back and forth with the owner of RSL before buying them. He was really helpful.

Quote:
as for your speaker question. If your running 5 speakers for your bed layer then your rears should be slightly off angled behind you ideally. Most people would suggest using traditional speaker for rears to get more point source sound. But I have been told and I do this myself. If your 5' or less from your side surrounds using bipoles even in an atmos setup would yield the best result to disperse the sound better. From the picture they do look to be rather close to your seats and considering you have a shelf behind you creating additional reflections I think the place you have it in your picture is more ideal. If anything just to get a better line of site to your ears with out the shelf being in the way. We all hate moving speakers. You could be lazy and just paint ( or cover with black tape )the wire black then tack it on the wall and move your alien figure in front of the wire to hide it from your eyes.

Are you running paradigms behind an AT screen?
In my previous position, I mounted them higher because of the shelf. If you have a look on the previous page, I have a pic of them how they were originally mounted. I don't mind moving it, I just want to make sure its worth the effort (i.e. there is a big enough difference in sound, if at all), as I'm pretty OCD and like to do things properly, which means running a wire to the side and patching up the old hole/painting etc...lol.

I'm running Paradigm Monitor 9's for my fronts, and a Center 1. No acoustically transparent screen.
post #37478 of 37517 Old 09-23-2019, 06:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have nothing else to compare to, but I really love their sound and they blend in seamlessly with my Paradigms. A lot of people on Facebook groups use them and love them. For the money, they would be hard to beat. I had several discussions back and forth with the owner of RSL before buying them. He was really helpful.

In my previous position, I mounted them higher because of the shelf. If you have a look on the previous page, I have a pic of them how they were originally mounted. I don't mind moving it, I just want to make sure its worth the effort (i.e. there is a big enough difference in sound, if at all), as I'm pretty OCD and like to do things properly, which means running a wire to the side and patching up the old hole/painting etc...lol.

I'm running Paradigm Monitor 9's for my fronts, and a Center 1. No acoustically transparent screen.
You find they run well on a AV power or do you use separates?

post #37479 of 37517 Old 09-23-2019, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

If you haven't noticed any major difference I would leave them behind the seating position but lower them if you are going to do or have Atmos. Setup looks really clean though.

Man cave-Marantz 8012, Oppo 203, 4K ATV, Sony XBR-75X940E, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's,
4 SVS Prime elevations. B&W P5. Living room- Yamaha 2010, Bluesound Node 2, Paradigm SE-1's, Zone 2-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM
Bedroom- Samsung UN60ES7100F, Oppo 103D, Pulse Mini, JBL Bar Studio, ATV3 and Harmony 650
post #37480 of 37517 Old 09-23-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
You find they run well on a AV power or do you use separates?
They run fine on AV power man. I have everything running off a Yamaha RX-V1083. It's a 5.2.2 setup. They are pretty efficient speakers.

Quote:
If you haven't noticed any major difference I would leave them behind the seating position but lower them if you are going to do or have Atmos. Setup looks really clean though.
I'll do a few more tests before deciding, including back to back tests. Ultimately I would prefer to keep them on the back wall as it's less hassle, but willing to move things to get the best possible sound.

I do run Atmos and would love to lower them, only reason I didn't is because of the shelf holding my statues. Was worried about reflections so I put them a little higher. Thanks for the compliments though I've never posted full pics of the room, not sure what section I can post that in. It's nothing special, but I would like to share pics on this forum eventually.
lemonslush likes this.
post #37481 of 37517 Old 09-23-2019, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Yes...two separate set ups.
One Elites and one Pro Series.

Excellent for Atmos and ALL Stereo.
Overall, very impressed with the in-wall/in-ceiling line ups. Clean look when installed to. Same Paradigm sound.

L/R Paradigm Prestige 85F, Prestige CC55, HSU VTF-15H MK2 Subwoofer, Onkyo TXNR-838, Emotiva XPA3 Gen2. 65" JS9500. Fairly new audioholic
post #37482 of 37517 Old 09-23-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fingerbrown View Post
Thanks for the input guys. I should have mentioned these speakers need to be installed into architectural columns that flank the screen and the center channel below. There is no such thing as freestanding anything in my house, as my kids will knock it over in a few minutes... So I had the idea to build out the columns and put the Prestige series behind a speaker grill, protecting them from flying footballs and nerf wars. But after talking about this plan with my installer, he thinks that the Prestige series, with its ports in the back, really needs to be out in the open where it can breathe and not in a cabinet with its back against the wall, or else it could result in some weird harmonics. He would suggest plugging the ports in the speaker, but that results in performance similar to the Elite in-wall series. So now we’re leaning towards the Elite E5s. This renders the matching question moot, but I agree that wouldn’t have been a problem.

I agree that Paradigm subwoofers wouldn’t be my first choice either, originally I was thinking the SVS SB3000. But the Seismic 110 has a big advantage in that it is only 12.5 inches in depth. I’m looking for a shallow depth subwoofer that can fit inside these columns, so they don’t have to stick out so far, mainly for aesthetic reasons. I’m still mulling this one over, as I could possibly find a way to make the SVS SB 3000 work. The SVS SB 3000is probably is a better sounding subwoofer than the Paradigm Seismic 110, would you agree? My dealer is really high this on these Seismic 110 subs, he says they sound like 15 inch subs because of their cylindrical shape. I’ve yet to hear them in person... Amd maybe the solution is to find a place for a third subwoofer...
Prestige and Elite are a timbre match.
I have the Prestige Series for front and center. Elite series for Atmos and surrounds. I vouch that they are a match.

I'm going will all in wall and in ceiling with my basement HT. Clean look and they really sound great!! This is a movie set up and not for technical listening. The grills are tough and will deflect nerf attacks.
I did not use anything like the E5 LCR's, but I did use the CI Pro 80-R's and CI Pro 80-A's...perfect and loud. That whole in-wall/in-ceiling performs much better than I ever would have thought. I'd go with the E5's over the 85F's if you are putting them in the wall.

The HSU Sub that I have (the flag ship one) is one tough deal. A kid would be more apt to get hurt by slamming into it, than it breaking. Others on here speak of other brands, but I have not tried them. That sub would suit itself well for kid to jump off of it and play superman...its built like a tank. Powerful and very configurable.

L/R Paradigm Prestige 85F, Prestige CC55, HSU VTF-15H MK2 Subwoofer, Onkyo TXNR-838, Emotiva XPA3 Gen2. 65" JS9500. Fairly new audioholic
post #37483 of 37517 Old 09-23-2019, 12:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
They run fine on AV power man. I have everything running off a Yamaha RX-V1083. It's a 5.2.2 setup. They are pretty efficient speakers.

I'll do a few more tests before deciding, including back to back tests. Ultimately I would prefer to keep them on the back wall as it's less hassle, but willing to move things to get the best possible sound.

I do run Atmos and would love to lower them, only reason I didn't is because of the shelf holding my statues. Was worried about reflections so I put them a little higher. Thanks for the compliments though I've never posted full pics of the room, not sure what section I can post that in. It's nothing special, but I would like to share pics on this forum eventually.
IMO everyone has a special setup simply because it is special to the individual. Whether it's a simple two channel setup or a high end multichannel setup. I know mine isn't the best, but to me it is, at least when I'm sitting in my man-cave with that smile on my face. You know the one, "that smile that makes you say it was worth the money an effort". Even more so if you did all or most of the work yourself. Just my two cents.....

post #37484 of 37517 Old 09-23-2019, 03:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Is the recent sales event over? Im thinking about a 55c center. Anyone have a link for sales, I lost the one I had to the vendor with the sale.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" -Arthur C. Clarke
post #37485 of 37517 Old 09-23-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
IMO everyone has a special setup simply because it is special to the individual. Whether it's a simple two channel setup or a high end multichannel setup. I know mine isn't the best, but to me it is, at least when I'm sitting in my man-cave with that smile on my face. You know the one, "that smile that makes you say it was worth the money an effort". Even more so if you did all or most of the work yourself. Just my two cents.....
I know what you mean. My room is small, but I made great use of the space and went for a clean, minimalist aesthetic. Everything was done by me with the help of my dad. I definitely get that feeling everytime I watch a movie in there
pappaduke and Jonas2 like this.
post #37486 of 37517 Old 09-25-2019, 06:44 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Prestige Comparison

Hello all. I recently upgraded to an Anthem MRX 1120. Now I want to start upgrading my speakers. I am renovating my basement and plan on a large family/theatre room. The plan is for a full 7.2.4 eventually. I want to upgrade my fronts first. There is nowhere within an 8 hour drive that regularly has much high end equipment setup to audition. I tried the premier and thought it was nice until I heard some B&W's that blew the premier away. For comparable sound from Paradigm, the dealer said Prestige is the way to go, but they did not have any at the time. I am looking for thoughts on the Prestige 95F, 85F and 75F. I have been searching for comparisons between them, but have not found much. Other than the 95's can throw a lot of low end bass. October is usually when Paradigm has some good promo's. Thanks!
post #37487 of 37517 Old 09-25-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckster99 View Post
Hello all. I recently upgraded to an Anthem MRX 1120. Now I want to start upgrading my speakers. I am renovating my basement and plan on a large family/theatre room. The plan is for a full 7.2.4 eventually. I want to upgrade my fronts first. There is nowhere within an 8 hour drive that regularly has much high end equipment setup to audition. I tried the premier and thought it was nice until I heard some B&W's that blew the premier away. For comparable sound from Paradigm, the dealer said Prestige is the way to go, but they did not have any at the time. I am looking for thoughts on the Prestige 95F, 85F and 75F. I have been searching for comparisons between them, but have not found much. Other than the 95's can throw a lot of low end bass. October is usually when Paradigm has some good promo's. Thanks!
For a large room, the 95F's will work very well, but IMO, the room needs to be large and the seating position a solid distance away.
I have the 85F's in a small room (11.5 X 13). I sit about 8.5 feet away from both...I worked hard on placement, but man they sing. The 85F's are regarded as the sweet spot in the line up. I made my decision to go with those over the 75's based on folks opinions on here...I can attest that they were right. The 75 lacks for a bit of lower growl.

I too like the 700 series for B&W. However, the crystal clear imaging of the Paradigms sold me. Get a sub for the bass. Folks come in and listen...then never want to leave. We keep that room closed off when company comes over.

Regarding your Anthem MRX...what did you have before and how the the MRX compare?

post #37488 of 37517 Old 09-25-2019, 06:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 2835 Post(s)
Liked: 1806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckster99 View Post

What GTDTS said. How large of a room are you talking?

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
post #37489 of 37517 Old 09-26-2019, 05:30 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTDTS View Post
For a large room, the 95F's will work very well, but IMO, the room needs to be large and the seating position a solid distance away.
I have the 85F's in a small room (11.5 X 13). I sit about 8.5 feet away from both...I worked hard on placement, but man they sing. The 85F's are regarded as the sweet spot in the line up. I made my decision to go with those over the 75's based on folks opinions on here...I can attest that they were right. The 75 lacks for a bit of lower growl.

I too like the 700 series for B&W. However, the crystal clear imaging of the Paradigms sold me. Get a sub for the bass. Folks come in and listen...then never want to leave. We keep that room closed off when company comes over.

Regarding your Anthem MRX...what did you have before and how the the MRX compare?
I had another Anthem, the MRX 500 before. Great receiver, was just getting too far behind in the technology. The 1120 has noticeably more power to it. Before that I had a Nakamichi AV-8. I prefer the quality sound vs a lot of bells and whistles.
post #37490 of 37517 Old 09-26-2019, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Okay guys I’m settling on the Paradigm Elite in-wall series for my home theater, and the whole setup is looking like this:

Elite E5-LCR speakers up front for left, center, right
Elite E80-IWs for the rear surrounds
Elite E80-Rs for the ceiling Atmos speakers
Anthem 1120 receiver to power the Paradigms
Dual SVS PB-3000 subwoofers

Does anyone have any personal experience with the Elite series, and the E5 LCR speakers in particular? They are $2,500 a piece retail, and I’m a little nervous to pull the trigger...
post #37491 of 37517 Old 09-27-2019, 09:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:

My room is only 14' wide by 24' and my 95's sound beautiful.

JVC DLA-RS1000, 120″ EluneVision Reference Studio AudioWeave 2.35:1 CinemaScope screen, Marantz AV8802a Pre/Pro, Anthem MCA 525, Anthem MCA 225, Anthem PVA-4, Paradigm CI Elite E80-R ceiling speakers x4, Paradigm Prestige 95F, Paradigm Prestige 15B x4, Paradigm Prestige 55C, Paradigm Signature Sub 1, Panasonic UDP820 UHD player, OPPO 203 UHD player, Richard Gray 1200c Custom power conditioner, AC Infinity AIRCOM X4.
post #37492 of 37517 Old 09-27-2019, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
There are in wall subwoofers out there. I don't know if they would fit in your columns and the one brand that I actually have heard are quite pricey.

https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...-system-review

World Wide Stereo have them in their main home theater demo room. They are impressive but this is in a theater room with roughly $250K spent on equipment. I literally get goosebumps everytime I demo a movie or concert clip in that room. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NODhGztvyXM&t=94s

He doesn't mention the subs in the clip, but he has told me they are JL Audio Fathoms.

I have dual in-wall Paradigm subs. Quite lovely, you can feel them hit you in the chest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pappaduke likes this.

Home Theater - Video: Sony KDL-55W800B - Audio - 7.2 - AVR: Denon 2809CI, Left/Right: DT Studio Monitor, Center: DT CLR 2002, Surrounds: Sonance IS4, Subwoofers: Paradigm RVC-12SQ with X850 Amplifier - Upgrade in Progress!
post #37493 of 37517 Old 09-28-2019, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fingerbrown View Post
Okay guys I’m settling on the Paradigm Elite in-wall series for my home theater, and the whole setup is looking like this:

Elite E5-LCR speakers up front for left, center, right
Elite E80-IWs for the rear surrounds
Elite E80-Rs for the ceiling Atmos speakers
Anthem 1120 receiver to power the Paradigms
Dual SVS PB-3000 subwoofers

Does anyone have any personal experience with the Elite series, and the E5 LCR speakers in particular? They are $2,500 a piece retail, and I’m a little nervous to pull the trigger...

Asking again... anyone have experience with the Elite in-wall series, the E5’s in particular?

Thanks
post #37494 of 37517 Old 09-28-2019, 08:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:

I got the 95F even though my room is small. To good of a deal to pass up. Benefit of the 95F for a small room is that you can omit a sub and run large. On another note, anyone with a receiver add an amp to their setup to power them? I have a Denon X8500H.

LG OLED65B7P.
Denon X8500H
OPPO 203 4K
Paradigm Prestige 95F, 55C, 25S and Prestige 1000SW.

Last edited by Kevin. W; 09-29-2019 at 03:32 PM.
post #37495 of 37517 Old 09-29-2019, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin. W View Post
On another not anyone with a receiver add an amp to their setup to power them? I have a Denon X8500H.
I'm sure plenty have. A 3ch amp for the front stage seems common.

Or 2 ch for the L/R pair and music.

Just depends on your budget, space, AVR, and desires. If you are taxing your AVR's capability, an external amp to handle some of that can really help.
post #37496 of 37517 Old 09-29-2019, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
I got the 95F even though my room is small. To good of a deal to pass up. Benefit of the 95F for a small room is that you can omit a sub and run large. On another not anyone with a receiver add an amp to their setup to power them? I have a Denon X8500H.

Sorry, but towers in that price range (or any price range) cannot replicate what a good sub or two does for home theatre. It’s not even close.

ST Dog likes this.
post #37497 of 37517 Old 09-30-2019, 05:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I'm running a complete Paradigm 5.2.2 Atmos system. Just wondering if this placement for my surrounds is ok? They are Paradigm Surround 1. I just want to make sure I'm getting the most out of them.

Cheers

I placed my Prestige 25C in the corner where the 2 walls meet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190930_084740.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	2621736  

LG OLED65B7P.
Denon X8500H
OPPO 203 4K
post #37498 of 37517 Old 09-30-2019, 06:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidwelr1 View Post
Sorry, but towers in that price range (or any price range) cannot replicate what a good sub or two does for home theatre. It’s not even close.

Don't think I said they would replace a sub, but for some one who has a small space, wants towers the 95F do an excellent job with bass when run Large.

LG OLED65B7P.
Denon X8500H
OPPO 203 4K
post #37499 of 37517 Old 09-30-2019, 06:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
I'm sure plenty have. A 3ch amp for the front stage seems common.

Or 2 ch for the L/R pair and music.

Just depends on your budget, space, AVR, and desires. If you are taxing your AVR's capability, an external amp to handle some of that can really help.
At 94db sensitivity , can't see them taxing even the cheapest AVR amp stage.

LG OLED65B7P.
Denon X8500H
OPPO 203 4K
post #37500 of 37517 Old 09-30-2019, 07:17 AM

Quote:
I placed my Prestige 25C in the corner where the 2 walls meet
Interesting. I was always told this placement is a bad idea. How do you find it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page