Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 1284 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6002Likes

post #38491 of 38597 Old 06-25-2020, 06:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 950 Post(s)
Liked: 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikirik View Post
I have a Pioneer Elite SC-67. I can only set one cutoff for the entire system

Thanks for all the education here hahaha. This has also helped me with how I go about placing my setup right now. I currently have my couch against the wall and the 15bs are flanking the seating position. Would it be so bad to have them closer to the wall? I have angled them towards the couch ever so slightly. The ports have a lot of room but is it deterimental to have the side of the cabinet too close to the wall? I basically want to have the 15bs as far "behind" me as possible when seated.
I think 110 degrees is the max recommended for surrounds? They are meant to go to the sides or just slightly behind you, not all the way back

Nothing wrong with pointing them at the listening position, if that's the sound you prefer. Tweeter response generally gets quieter off-axis, so if they sound too bright you can angle them away a little. As far as spacing from the wall, just use a small table or a helper to see if the sound changes in a way you don't like as it gets closer to the wall. I bet it'll be fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #38492 of 38597 Old 06-25-2020, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratbuddy View Post
I think 110 degrees is the max recommended for surrounds? They are meant to go to the sides or just slightly behind you, not all the way back

Nothing wrong with pointing them at the listening position, if that's the sound you prefer. Tweeter response generally gets quieter off-axis, so if they sound too bright you can angle them away a little. As far as spacing from the wall, just use a small table or a helper to see if the sound changes in a way you don't like as it gets closer to the wall. I bet it'll be fine.
No the true. Only is you play your receiver at 100% This is a 3way plus bi-amp. The diffusion of those speaker (25s) was mush better over 15B. Is a surround in here lollll 20% of sound go there on movie. Reason why people buy 1 or 2 sub-woofer. The 25S can get with "low extention frequency : 65HZ

System 7.0 Front : Paradigm Prestige 85F Central : Paradigm 55C Surround : Paradigm 25S Back Surround : Mirage OMD-5 (Black) Receiver : Onkyo TX-NR1010 BD Player : Oppo 103.

Last edited by Davyboy007; 06-25-2020 at 09:19 AM.
post #38493 of 38597 Old 06-25-2020, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davyboy007 View Post
No the true. Only is you play your receiver at 100% This is a 3way plus bi-amp. The diffusion of those speaker (25s) was mush better over 15B. Is a surround in here lollll 20% of sound go there on movie. Reason why people buy 1 or 2 sub-woofer. The 25S can get with "low extention frequency : 65HZ
It's at least -10 dB by 65 Hz, you're being misled by that 'DIN' rating which lets them basically lie about how low the speaker really extends.

The other stuff you're saying is either not relevant, or shows a limited understanding of how these things work, but I think there's a language barrier that will get in the way of trying to educate you, so if you don't mind, I'll beg off from that chore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #38494 of 38597 Old 06-25-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
It's at least -10 dB by 65 Hz, you're being misled by that 'DIN' rating which lets them basically lie about how low the speaker really extends.

The other stuff you're saying is either not relevant, or shows a limited understanding of how these things work, but I think there's a language barrier that will get in the way of trying to educate you, so if you don't mind, I'll beg off from that chore.
They said -3bd on data sheet of paradigm. Now i search a great ac power conditionner lol and maybe panamax m5400-pm could be the winner. I need to find tread in here lol

System 7.0 Front : Paradigm Prestige 85F Central : Paradigm 55C Surround : Paradigm 25S Back Surround : Mirage OMD-5 (Black) Receiver : Onkyo TX-NR1010 BD Player : Oppo 103.
post #38495 of 38597 Old 06-25-2020, 10:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
They said -3bd on data sheet of paradigm. Now i search a great ac power conditionner lol and maybe panamax m5400-pm could be the winner. I need to find tread in here lol
No.

It clearly says DIN, the overall low frequency response is very poor on 25S.

Do you live in an area with bad power? Otherwise, those conditioner products are a complete waste of money.
post #38496 of 38597 Old 06-25-2020, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1318 Post(s)
Liked: 1170
Quote:
No.

Do you live in an area with bad power? Otherwise, those conditioner products are a complete waste of money.
He won't listen to advice on surrounds, so he won't listen to advice an power conditioners.
He won't listen to me, and I have pretty much the exact speakers. The 15Bs are better for all the reasons you list, but he doesn't care. I have no more bits to waste on him.

Basement 5.1.4: Anthem MRX 720, Monoprice 2-channel amp, Paradigm Prestige 85F/55C/15B. PSB Alpha A1/P3 for Atmos HSU STF-2, ATV4K, XBox OneS, Harmony Ultimate, Samsung 65" Q7D.
Living room: Yamaha YSP-6000 with 10" Yamaha sub, ATV3, Harmony Ultimate, 55" Insignia 1080P.
post #38497 of 38597 Old 06-25-2020, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
I would probably listen to more music if I could get Tidal to run through my AVR. Currently, the only thing I can play through is Spotify and Youtube (which isn't the greatest for sound). I've downloaded the odd FLAC file here and there for testing purposes, but Tidal has been my main source for high res tracks.

Eventually I want to move over to an Anthem AVR but perhaps I'll wait until the next models are announced, even though the current lineup is super solid. I'd probably bite if there was a really good deal though!
I'm in your boat with the Anthem AVR. I've read that distance setting is only to the nearest foot. If they get that dialed down to .1 foot increments like the rest of many AVR's, then I'd get the Pre-Pro. If you pull the trigger, let me know your thoughts on it. I'm very curious if it makes a difference for the better.

Glad you like your 85F's. I love mine! And, yes, run room correction. Made a huge difference in my smaller and lively room.
Honestly, I have the pay side of Spotify Premium and it makes a huge difference over the non-pay side. Night and day! I'm probably in the minority, but I could not tell the difference between Spotify Premium and Tidal's top end.

Good luck with your set up. Its an expensive hobby, but well worth it...and your room is worth a clean look with recessed speakers for atmos and what not.

Music Room 5.1.2: L/R Paradigm Prestige 85F, Prestige CC55, CI Elite E80-A (Atmos), CI Elite E65-R, HSU VTF-15H MK2 sub, Onkyo TXNR-838, Emotiva XPA3 Gen2.
Samsung 65" JS9500 and Sony UBP-X800
Room: 13' X 11'6" X 14' Fairly new audioholic

Last edited by GTDTS; 06-25-2020 at 10:40 AM.
post #38498 of 38597 Old 06-25-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigpig View Post
He won't listen to advice on surrounds, so he won't listen to advice an power conditioners.
He won't listen to me, and I have pretty much the exact speakers. The 15Bs are better for all the reasons you list, but he doesn't care. I have no more bits to waste on him.
Is not the true but i really don't take.

post #38499 of 38597 Old 06-25-2020, 11:10 AM

Quote:
No.

15b was bookself little and the diffusion was only directly on you. Surround is not that. Surround is get more diffusion you got to get ambience around you. The bass he can deal with it 65 hz is enough for surround. So 25S was better for surround. If you talk about extra speaker for Atmos yep the 15b was much better. 20% of sound come on surround if you know that of course.

post #38500 of 38597 Old 06-25-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
No.

If you are an expert omg change the job man.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	read2.gif
Views:	433
Size:	2.0 KB
ID:	2748704  

post #38501 of 38597 Old 06-25-2020, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If you are an expert omg change the job man.

Again, they are sticking the speaker in a corner to artifically boost the output. I promise, the 25S doesn't have meaningful output at 65 Hz, and even if it did, you would need to cross it over at around 120 Hz or you'd be losing output in the crossover region. Like the other guy said, you clearly aren't going to learn anything, so I won't reply to you any further.
post #38502 of 38597 Old 06-25-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Again, they are sticking the speaker in a corner to artifically boost the output. I promise, the 25S doesn't have meaningful output at 65 Hz, and even if it did, you would need to cross it over at around 120 Hz or you'd be losing output in the crossover region. Like the other guy said, you clearly aren't going to learn anything, so I won't reply to you any further.
I don't cake if you quot are not. Surround is surround. If you don't have budget to buy 25s ok np about that but surround don't need 40hz lol If you buy 15b for bass buy 85F if I think on your logic. 15B get low diffusion to get surround action.

You see is -3bd not -10bd. I talk with over 10 peoples of that and all get the same opinion I have. If you want more bass buy sub woofer.

Last edited by Davyboy007; 06-25-2020 at 03:08 PM.
post #38503 of 38597 Old 06-26-2020, 05:44 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

I played a little (a lot) with room correction and positioning yesterday and I think I've found a happy medium...for now . I spent quite a bit of time trying to find out the timing measurement for my reverb, in the room based on my Pioneer's MCACC measurements. From my time listening to music in extended stereo it felt much more enveloping and cohesive than when I had my older dipole/bipoles hooked up! Will tinker a bit more. I do want a tad more bass but I think to remedy that I'm going to go with dual SVS PB-2000 Pros. I currently have a single SVS PB-12NSD. Gotta have that movie slam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTDTS View Post
I'm in your boat with the Anthem AVR. I've read that distance setting is only to the nearest foot. If they get that dialed down to .1 foot increments like the rest of many AVR's, then I'd get the Pre-Pro. If you pull the trigger, let me know your thoughts on it. I'm very curious if it makes a difference for the better.

Glad you like your 85F's. I love mine! And, yes, run room correction. Made a huge difference in my smaller and lively room.
Honestly, I have the pay side of Spotify Premium and it makes a huge difference over the non-pay side. Night and day! I'm probably in the minority, but I could not tell the difference between Spotify Premium and Tidal's top end.

Good luck with your set up. Its an expensive hobby, but well worth it...and your room is worth a clean look with recessed speakers for atmos and what not.
Ah I didn't know that about the Anthem AVRs in regards to speaker distance settings, I'll have to look into it. I've read a lot that ARC is pretty well regarded as one of the best if not the best room correction software. I've been looking at the product page for the MRX 720 almost every other day but I'll hold off until I at least get dual subs. AVR will be the last thing I upgrade as my current one is serving me well enough and maybe the lineup will see a revision soon (just my guess).

About the Spotify Premium vs Tidal that is interesting. I feel that some of the tracks I've listened to on Spotify Premium have this weird harshness to them (Tron Legacy album). Best way I can describe it is they sound "crispy" lol. I've listened to some acoustic guitar and holy crow that blew me away for sure.

Will be testing with movies this weekend!
post #38504 of 38597 Old 06-27-2020, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 3344 Post(s)
Liked: 2211
Quote:
While I do not believe it contributes in any way to improving audio or video quality on modern equipment, I do like my Panamax 5400 (but I also paid 1/2 price for it brand new, not sure I would pay MSRP for it). I like the overall appearance and generaal functionality. Fits in nicely with my system aesthetically, and provides good power distribution, and I like the 12V triggered circuit. It's well built, and excellent customer support. Panamax claims an improvement in audio/video quality - and like I said - doubtful in modern equipment, HOWEVER - not that this matters, but interestingly, testing it on a CRT TV, it actually did make all of the OSD menus appear much sharper. Overall picture? No, just the menus....

Quote:
Quote:
Ah I didn't know that about the Anthem AVRs in regards to speaker distance settings, I'll have to look into it. I've read a lot that ARC is pretty well regarded as one of the best if not the best room correction software. I've been looking at the product page for the MRX 720 almost every other day but I'll hold off until I at least get dual subs. AVR will be the last thing I upgrade as my current one is serving me well enough and maybe the lineup will see a revision soon (just my guess).
ARC is very well regarded, not to mention Anthem's level of support. Not too many Anthem owners worry about the distance settings being only to the round foot of measurement. It will be interesting to see what new units offer. They will undoubtedly offer dual, independent sub control like STR. Right now you get two sub outs, but it treats them as a single unit. Again, not something too any Anthem owners worry about, but I can't see them not doing this in new units as ARC is already capable of handling it, just not the hardware in current AVM/MRX lineup. But nobody but Anthem knows when new units will drop. Could be next week. Could be two years from now.

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
post #38505 of 38597 Old 06-27-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas2 View Post
While I do not believe it contributes in any way to improving audio or video quality on modern equipment, I do like my Panamax 5400 (but I also paid 1/2 price for it brand new, not sure I would pay MSRP for it). I like the overall appearance and generaal functionality. Fits in nicely with my system aesthetically, and provides good power distribution, and I like the 12V triggered circuit. It's well built, and excellent customer support. Panamax claims an improvement in audio/video quality - and like I said - doubtful in modern equipment, HOWEVER - not that this matters, but interestingly, testing it on a CRT TV, it actually did make all of the OSD menus appear much sharper. Overall picture? No, just the menus....
I see on a lot peoples on review this model get a humm noise electric. They come from of the toroidal transform. Is true?

If this model get this noise electric maybe I could change idea to get the Furman elite-15 dmi

Last edited by Davyboy007; 06-27-2020 at 02:02 PM.
post #38506 of 38597 Old 06-27-2020, 05:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I see on a lot peoples on review this model get a humm noise electric. They come from of the toroidal transform. Is true?

I don't know about in every case, but mine did have a transformer hum for a very short time, but it disappeared. Can't hear it at all now. When I could hear it, it literally had to be the dead of night, with not so much as a mouse farting. I don't know if they "break in" or not. Friend of mine too got one not too long ago, has not complained about it.

Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #38507 of 38597 Old 06-27-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
I don't know about in every case, but mine did have a transformer hum for a very short time, but it disappeared. Can't hear it at all now. When I could hear it, it literally had to be the dead of night, with not so much as a mouse farting. I don't know if they "break in" or not. Friend of mine too got one not too long ago, has not complained about it.
Here is the topic on Paradigm, so I don't want to keep talking about the power conditioner here, but do you know where I can go to debate it?

post #38508 of 38597 Old 06-28-2020, 02:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked: 1137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gates View Post
Afternoon guys, I am moving and leaving my E80-R in the ceiling as to not leave holes for the new owner. Question; I am building a room at the new house but this time 9.2.6...I loved my E80-R but would it be a good idea this time to get 2 80-A to go in front of the first row, 2 80-A to go a bit behind the back row, and 2 80-R for the middle?
I would definitely use angled for the front and back. There is no possible way any in ceiling speaker will have good enough coverage for both rows unless you have very high ceilings. It is usually recommended with one row if doing a *.*.6 system never mind two rows. You will probably also have to move the speakers a little closer than 45 degrees for coverage of both rows. Probably about 30 degrees to the front row for the front speakers and 30 degrees to the back row for the back speakers. Depending on ceiling height and row spacing may even need to be a little closer.
post #38509 of 38597 Old 06-28-2020, 06:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Here is the topic on Paradigm, so I don't want to keep talking about the power conditioner here, but do you know where I can go to debate it?
Maybe check here for some info:

https://www.avsforum.com/wordpress/a...nditioner-ups/

It's not specific to Panamax, but might be useful?

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #38510 of 38597 Old 06-28-2020, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Maybe check here for some info:

https://www.avsforum.com/wordpress/a...nditioner-ups/

It's not specific to Panamax, but might be useful?
So the power conditioner with Voltage regulator don't get more sound good or image and we need to pay more to get it. SO Electric filter for noise and surge was the best. Thanks for the link now I know witch 2 models I can buy... m5300-pm panamax or Elite-15 DMi of furman.

post #38511 of 38597 Old 06-29-2020, 07:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So the power conditioner with Voltage regulator don't get more sound good or image and we need to pay more to get it. SO Electric filter for noise and surge was the best. Thanks for the link now I know witch 2 models I can buy... m5300-pm panamax or Elite-15 DMi of furman.

Yeah, I love my Panamax5400, but like I mentioned, not likely to pay MSRP for it. Had it not been 1/2 price at the time, I wouldn't have bought it. It's definitely worth 1/2 MSRP in my opinion, but hard to justify that price tag north of $800.00! If you're not in a hurry, just keep an eye on Crutchfield and BestBuy - got mine at Crutchfield, and friend got his at BestBuy, both roughly 1/2 off. They run sales from time to time. (Tells you a bit about the profit margin on these....). July 4th sales coming up? YOu never know....or maybe you can get one of those other two for a really good deal as well. O.K., back to Paradigm....

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #38512 of 38597 Old 06-29-2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I love my Panamax5400, but like I mentioned, not likely to pay MSRP for it. Had it not been 1/2 price at the time, I wouldn't have bought it. It's definitely worth 1/2 MSRP in my opinion, but hard to justify that price tag north of $800.00! If you're not in a hurry, just keep an eye on Crutchfield and BestBuy - got mine at Crutchfield, and friend got his at BestBuy, both roughly 1/2 off. They run sales from time to time. (Tells you a bit about the profit margin on these....). July 4th sales coming up? YOu never know....or maybe you can get one of those other two for a really good deal as well. O.K., back to Paradigm....
I do not live in the United-States. But if I got question maybe the best I writ you on private message. .

post #38513 of 38597 Old 06-29-2020, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
I had the Panamax...and it hummed. Two of them and sent them back. I bought the Elite-15 DMi and no hum for me. I still use it.

Music Room 5.1.2: L/R Paradigm Prestige 85F, Prestige CC55, CI Elite E80-A (Atmos), CI Elite E65-R, HSU VTF-15H MK2 sub, Onkyo TXNR-838, Emotiva XPA3 Gen2.
Samsung 65" JS9500 and Sony UBP-X800
Room: 13' X 11'6" X 14' Fairly new audioholic
post #38514 of 38597 Old 06-29-2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I had the Panamax...and it hummed. Two of them and sent them back. I bought the Elite-15 DMi and no hum for me. I still use it.
I create thread HERE Because in here it was Paradigm.

post #38515 of 38597 Old 06-29-2020, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 18
15B AS CENTER CHANNEL
I currently am running 4.1 with b15's as fronts, studio 20v3 as rear and a pdr12 .
Im considering getting another b15 for a center over the c45 or c55 as I can buy a single b15 for about half the cost of the c45. Anyone have any thoughts on this or experience comparing either scenerio?
post #38516 of 38597 Old 06-30-2020, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjonesversatech View Post
15B AS CENTER CHANNEL
I currently am running 4.1 with b15's as fronts, studio 20v3 as rear and a pdr12 .
Im considering getting another b15 for a center over the c45 or c55 as I can buy a single b15 for about half the cost of the c45. Anyone have any thoughts on this or experience comparing either scenerio?
While most can't do it due to space, it is often said that three matching speakers across the front is better than having a dedicated but different center channel.

Man cave-Marantz 8012, Oppo 203, 4K ATV, FireCube 2, Sony XBR-75X940E, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's,
4 SVS Prime elevations. B&W P5. Living room- Yamaha 2010, Bluesound Node 2, Paradigm SE-1's, Zone 2-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM. B&W PX for travel
Bedroom- Samsung UN60ES7100F, Oppo 103D, Pulse Mini, JBL Bar Studio, ATV3 and Harmony 650
post #38517 of 38597 Old 06-30-2020, 01:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post
While most can't do it due to space, it is often said that three matching speakers across the front is better than having a dedicated but different center channel.

But... the C55 *looks* cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #38518 of 38597 Old 06-30-2020, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does anybody happen to know the dispersion angles of the below speakers? I'm not finding anything in my search. I'm switching to a new setup and want to re-purpose some of these old speakers that I have a bunch of for Atmos.
  • CS-160 v.2
  • CS-60R v.2

I believe the CS-60R is the better choice, but want to double check.
post #38519 of 38597 Old 06-30-2020, 02:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennutt View Post
But... the C55 *looks* cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are absolutely correct about the look. I was speaking more on how things would sound. Paradigms gigantic centers are impressive. I have a CC-390 that is also a beast.

Man cave-Marantz 8012, Oppo 203, 4K ATV, FireCube 2, Sony XBR-75X940E, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's,
4 SVS Prime elevations. B&W P5. Living room- Yamaha 2010, Bluesound Node 2, Paradigm SE-1's, Zone 2-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM. B&W PX for travel
Bedroom- Samsung UN60ES7100F, Oppo 103D, Pulse Mini, JBL Bar Studio, ATV3 and Harmony 650
post #38520 of 38597 Old 07-03-2020, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 13
So I've been listening to the 85fs for just over a week now and my impressions were a bit back and forth when it came to music.

During my initial stages of listening I was having a great time with watching some movies, TV and some music here and there.

I decided to listen to some music in 2 channel, playing tracks that were used in some of the reviews I've read for the 75f all the way up to the 95f. They were nice to listen to but nothing jumped out at me. I tried listening to some rock, house, pop, and hip hop. Rock by far was the most fatiguing for me at the time. This was all after running my Pioneer MCACC and saving different settings for reverb.

Fast forward a little a bit and I'm debating on whether or not I should reposition my speakers. The bass and mids were pretty flat to me with the highs kind of overshadowing everything in the aforementioned genres. Acoustic and jazz were the only genres I could listen to and be satisfied. So I decided to try one thing before repositioning my speakers, setting them to large and removing the sub from the setup. I ran the 85fs by themselves set to large and just...WOW. Everything I had listened to before that was somewhat difficult for me to listen to I was suddenly able to jam out to or just sit there in awe. Anything I had played previously that I was enjoying already became heavenly. The bass from the 85fs even shook my sofa! I had to double check that my sub wasn't on! These things are crazy! The perceived brightness I was experiencing was also gone, yet everything was still so detailed.

I can only imagine at this point what these speakers would be like with better matching gear but for now I don't even want to reconfigure anything because I'm so delighted with these. Going forward, when it comes to music I'm going to set these guys to large and keep the sub out. Definitely going to set them to small with sub for movies, tv and games though.

This was such a newbie thing to go through, but I'm glad setting them to large gave me such a great experience for 2 channel music. I'm far from a critical listener, but I'm sure I'll learn a thing or two going forward.
mikeyf and sigpig like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page