AVS Forum banner

Paradigm Owners Thread

5M views 43K replies 4K participants last post by  crg 
#1 ·
I'm curious, What Paradigm speakers do you use in your setup? What do you use to power them? What components do you use with them ie CD player, DVD, DAC's etc. Is your room acoustically treated? Are you pleased with your speakers in your setup? Did your Paradigms meet your expectations?

I'd like to hear from other Paradigm owners, and their opinions!

I have the Signature S2's as my dealer recommended for my size room being 11' x 12'. I have the Birdseye Maple Series. I have the S2's on sand filled Premier J29 stands, I have the C3 Center in a oak cabinet directly above my Sony XBR, I use a Veloydyne HGS sub in the right corner. Currently I'm using my left-over B&W wall mounted speakers direct firing on side walls facing the listening position. (My SIgnature ADPs should be here this week to replace the B&Ws.

I'm using an Arcam AVR300 to power the 5 speakers, the sub of course is self powered. I purchased a Arcam DV29 for DVD's and DVD-a multi-channel music, for two channel music I purchased an Arcam CD33, WOW...what a CD player
I use the DV29 for DVA-a discs, and even though i've yet to tweak the settings, when I'm in my listening position I'm stoked by the multichannel disc play...This is my first experience with DVD-A ...Didn't even know what it was a few weeks ago. After listening to it I've already bought several good DVD-As I'm blown away with the separatiion and music/vocal qualities, the Arcam DV29 does an better than admirable job at 6ch analogue....certain old DVD-A CDs blow me away...Steely Dan, Santana Supernatural, Weather Report, Fleetwood Mac, Led Zeplin...just to name a few. Excellent sonic separations into the channels.

...Not to get off track, My Signatures are new and I'm playing them constantly with all different kinds of music, and I've noticed a slight characteristic change with them, the are getting (I'n my amatuer descriptions) much clearer, I guess the higher frequencies, the mid range is getting deeper and tighter, and they seem to open up the soundstage to place instruments and vocals in different locations, I guess where you would expect them to be on stage in a live performance. I close my eyes sometimes just to imagine where each sound is comin from....they do that, they place where the sound originates from. Womesn vocals are excellent BTW..

Aside from Multichannel, two channel direct is superb!

I guess what I'm trying to convey is that I'm extremely pleased in my gear choices with the help from my salesman...The best I've heard in my home to date. My salesman wants to come over and further tweat it when I get the ADP's.

I'm sure that there is the "step-above-audio-crowd" with better gear and higher quality speakers, and way more expensive equipment than I have that could shame my setup...but in defense, this setup is the best I can afford pressently and I'm ecstatic

I'dlike to hear from other Paradigm owners and their setup, and how they think the Paradigms integrate into their systems? Love to hear some feedback

Oh, and one final question??? What are the dimensions of your listening room? Thanks...

See less See more
#2 ·
Currently I'm using;

Denon AVR-3805

Outlaw 755 5x200 Watt Amp

2 x Paradigm Monitor 11's Mains

2 x Paradigm Monitor 7's Surrounds

1 x Paradigm CC-370 Center Channel

1 x Paradigm PW-2100 Sub

Yamaha CDC-765 CD Player

Yamaha DVD-S796 DVD Player

I upgraded from Cerwin Vega E-712's as Main and a Cerwin Vega L-12 Sub that were driven by a Yamaha AX-592. I added the Paradigm 11's to the AX-592 first and was amazed by the difference, very clear speakers the 11's, far superior to my Vega's. The Addition of the Denon 3805 and the PW-2100 just improved things even further, great upgrade all around. Currently debating adding Monitor 7's as surrounds or ADP-370's also will add the CC-370 Center Channel as soon as finances allow
Edit: Debate Over, added the 7's and CC-370

Currently I'm about 60% Music and 40% HT

#3 ·
Great idea this Paradigm owners thread!

Paradigm speakers (all Signature):

Main: S8

Center: C5

Surrounds: 4XS2

Sub: Signature Servo (a second one coming soon!)

Amp and pre-amp:

Anthem Statement D1

Anthem Statement P2 and P5 (7X325W)

Room is acoustically treated. You can click on my links in my signature to see pictures of my set-up and my room.

I'm more then happy with my set-up. I'm in audio and video nirvana. Treating the room made a MAJOR difference in picture and audio quality.

#5 ·
Love my Paradigms!

Sony DA4ES receiver as processor

ATI 1505 amplifier

Denon 2200 for SACD and DVD audio

Sony dvd changer

Studio 60v3s

Studio cc470 center

ADP 170 surrounds ( next upgrade after Studio 60's)

2 PW2200's

Reactions: mavericks64
#8 ·
My Paradigm Home Theater consists of:

Studio 100's v3

CC 570

ADP 470's 2 pair sides and rear

Servo 15

!00's are powered by Anthem MCA-20 2ch's @200 watts

the rest are powered by an Yamaha RX-V2400 120 watts

I plan on getting a Anthem MCA-5 five channel amp and use the Yammy as a prepro. So far I love this setup and the sound is awesome. A real pleasure to listen to.

#10 ·
Well I have:

Studio 60s

CC470

ADP470s

PS1000(I still live in an apartment, so I cant blow the neighbors away yet...lol)

Aura Bass shakers

They are powered by a Rotel1056 receiver (for now).

I have a Panasonic S77 DVD player

I play mostly Live Enabled games on Xbox.

Dont listen to music.

I will have a Rotel 200wpc Amp in about 6 months, as well as the S2s and the C3.

Then 6 months later, I will sell my 1056, and get a better Rotel Processor, the S4s and the Sig ADPs.

Then I will hold off for awhile to get the C5 and S8s. But when I do, Im getting a Lexicon pre/pro and amp...the MK12 I think. And a Runco projector, with a perferated screen. So I might actually get 3 S8s instead of the C5, I dont know yet. And somewhere along the way, I will get a really nice sub, Velodyne probably.

Oh yeah, the room isnt accoustically treated yet, but thats what I am looking into. But so far so good, everything sounds great. Its funny, less than 3 months ago, I had 2 sets of Paradigm Titans and the CC270, with a cheap yamaha sub and a Denon 1905....and the difference between that and what I have now is truly amazing!

#12 ·
F: Studio 60's

C: CC-470

s: Studio 20's

sw: Sunfire True Sub EQ

Pioneer Elite VSX-56TXi

Pioneer Elite 59-AVi

Hitachi 51S700

Lovin' the sound!

#13 ·
100 v3 mains

cc-570 center

20 back

adp sides

Sub servo 15

B&K ref50 via balanced inputs to Sherbourne 7/2100A

red dragon speaker wire for front end. front end Biwired Does make a difference.

panny for DVDA

Sony es player for CDs

80 inch screen with infocus 4805 via DVI input

Got to love the 100 best bag for buck

CDCORN1 how do you like the new paradigm Seismic-12

sub?

15 percent off of a system was the deal I received.

room size 12X22X8

RJ

#14 ·
OK, I'm in.

SPEAKERS:

F: Signature S4's

C: Signature C3

Sur: Studio ADP470 v.3's

Sur Back: Studio 20 v.3's

Presence: PSB Image 1B's

Sub: Seismic 12 ( And I'm building new "treated" HT that will also have 4 X A.E. IB 15" drivers in a line array - at the painting stage right now.)

GEAR;

Pre/pro Receiver; Yamaha RX-Z9

Amps: 3 X PS Audio HCA-2's

Universal player: Pioneer Elite DV-59Ai

DISPLAY:

PJ: Epson Cinema 500

Screen: 102" Stewart Firehawk

#15 ·
Have the Monitor 7's for mains, great bang for the buck. Have CC370 for center, ADP 170's for side surrounds and Polk 35i's for rear surrounds. Mains are bi wired and powered by my new Parasound Classic 2125 2ch amp. Onkyo SR800 7.1 powers the rest. I would highly recommend anything this company makes..visit my gallery..

Matt

#16 ·
Lot's of Paradigm owners...Cool

rnrgagne, may I ask why you chose the ADP470 v3 other than the higher costs of the sig ADP? I actually wondered if the Sig ADP's were actually going to be overkill for my smaller room however my dealer assured me that this will not be the case. I will be mounting them on the side walls as the Paradigm speaker manual instructs. I gave up the 6.1/7.1 setups in favor of a good 5.1 which I can use the additional channels for bi-amping the front S2's. I looked at different design bipole/dipole speakers and though some had promise/potention but, I decided to keep it matched with the Sigs. Cost was another factor, but I had originally budgeted for them. I guess I get them and give them a listen to see if they live up to their descriptions given...I've never used anything other than direct firing speakers speakers so it will be a new experience for me

#17 ·
Oh yeah, I forgot to add I absolutely LOVE my set up.

I just added the HCA's and they match up very well with the Sig's.

Paradigms are IMHO no matter what price range, are consistently at the top of the preformance/price heap.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrg2 /forum/post/0

Lot's of Paradigm owners...Cool

rnrgagne, may I ask why you chose the ADP470 v3 other than the higher costs of the sig ADP? I actually wondered if the Sig ADP's were actually going to be overkill for my smaller room however my dealer assured me that this will not be the case. I will be mounting them on the side walls as the Paradigm speaker manual instructs. I gave up the 6.1/7.1 setups in favor of a good 5.1 which I can use the additional channels for bi-amping the front S2's. I looked at different design bipole/dipole speakers and though some had promise/potention but, I decided to keep it matched with the Sigs. Cost was another factor, but I had originally budgeted for them. I guess I get them and give them a listen to see if they live up to their descriptions given...I've never used anything other than direct firing speakers speakers so it will be a new experience for me

Quite simple really, I had them before I upgraded to the Sig's. And cost was a factor. I don't really know what the Sig ADP's would add to the equation over the Studio ADP's. Certainly the mains have what I consider to be higher resolution and detail so theoretically the Sig ADP's should folllow that as well.

To be honest though, I can't detect any sort of acoustical mismatch, and I listen to a lot of multi channel music. It could be because I'm not trying too hard either.

Generally I tend to agree with your dealer that ADP might be advantageuos in a small room, to create the effect of a larger room with more dispersion.

But there are many that prefer the sound of direct especially for music.

I'd plunk down your Visa take both home for a test drive and return the ones you least favor.

#19 ·
In the "low-end" group, I have 2 paradigm Cinema-110's for my Zone 2. I'll probably get 2-4 more, or perhaps the in-wall as 1 set of C110s is not enough to fill the room (13x27). I didn't want to get bigger speakers for the room, though, as then it would be dang loud near the speakers, and quiet at the other end of the room.

My take is that they're "good enough" for a Zone 2. They don't go down nearly far enough [i think 110Hz], so you really need a sub. I wouldn't use these specific speakers in a real HT, but I'm sure the higher end Paradigms would do just fine there.

#20 ·
I love my Paradigm Reference setup!

I running: 3 CC570's as LCR, ADP470's for surrounds and 2 Servo 15's, a v.1 and a v.2 . I'm powering them with Rotel, a RMB1075 and RSP1068, wired with all Audio Quest/Cinema Quest cables. For CD's and DVD's it's a Rotel RDV1050. My room is Acoustically treated.

Redhouse