New NHT Classic line to replace Super Audio - Page 384 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 240Likes

post #11491 of 11816 Old 07-31-2015, 10:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall.White View Post
Just checking back to see if you have any pictures you'd like to share......
Lol... between the in-law's 50th wedding anniversary, family reunion, and massive heat wave Northern CA is having, I'm afraid I haven't even had the time to look at the black box let alone finish it.

I'll have the following weekend to button things up. I can't wait!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11492 of 11816 Old 07-31-2015, 10:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughy2010 View Post
Lol... between the in-law's 50th wedding anniversary, family reunion, and massive heat wave Northern CA is having, I'm afraid I haven't even had the time to look at the black box let alone finish it.

I'll have the following weekend to button things up. I can't wait!

The heat has made its way up to WA. Yesterday was over 90 and that is very rare for my area. I can't wait either lol been checking out other options to cover it. I can't believe it's going to be August in the AM. Where has summer gone!?
post #11493 of 11816 Old 08-01-2015, 07:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I was able to finish the second coat this past week and drill the hole for the XLR connector. It is coming along nice... last coat will be after sanding with 150 grit and mixing the paint with a drill mixer. I'll probably do it in the afternoon when the heat is on (make the paint less viscous).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150731_222943.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	862218  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11494 of 11816 Old 08-01-2015, 11:51 PM
Answer Seeking / Sharing

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Jhyghy,

Looking Great!!!

My family is actually visiting my brother's in Portland, Or. Talk about the heat!!! Yesterday it was 103 and the day before it was 109!!! I'm visiting from the high desert and thought we'd be 'cooler', not the case. It' much warmer here and humid. Not a good combo.

Ray
Albuquerque, NM
post #11495 of 11816 Old 08-03-2015, 08:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavchameleon View Post
Jhyghy,

Looking Great!!!

My family is actually visiting my brother's in Portland, Or. Talk about the heat!!! Yesterday it was 103 and the day before it was 109!!! I'm visiting from the high desert and thought we'd be 'cooler', not the case. It' much warmer here and humid. Not a good combo.
Oh goodness yes... I'm taking a break from it all. I SL Tahoe and the weather is perfect.
post #11496 of 11816 Old 08-06-2015, 08:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Keep the pictures coming! Is there any other good sites I should check out to build some subs?
post #11497 of 11816 Old 08-07-2015, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Now on the NHT home page. The end of the Classic and Absolute lines?

http://www.nhthifi.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eXTRA-eXTRA.png
Views:	76
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	874930  
post #11498 of 11816 Old 08-15-2015, 01:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Has anyone heard or compared any of the classic series to the in-wall or in-ceiling speakers??

Since I'm looking to go fully dedicated and the space is limited. I'm considering selling my speakers and buying some in-walls and in-ceiling. I'd keep the Fours and ThreeC for sure, but the rest would be up for sale. IF the in-walls sound and perform the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't know of any local (or somewhat local) shops that I could demo them.
post #11499 of 11816 Old 08-15-2015, 12:33 PM
Answer Seeking / Sharing

Quote:
Has anyone heard or compared any of the classic series to the in-wall or in-ceiling speakers??

Since I'm looking to go fully dedicated and the space is limited. I'm considering selling my speakers and buying some in-walls and in-ceiling. I'd keep the Fours and ThreeC for sure, but the rest would be up for sale. IF the in-walls sound and perform the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't know of any local (or somewhat local) shops that I could demo them.
Hi Randall,

If you're trying to match the Fours/Threec, then go with:

In-wall: IW4
In-ceiling: IC4-ARC

They'll be the closest. They won't sound at good at the Threes, but not bad. Also, it's better to use a back box (a lot more work) or at least stuff the cavity. You can use the IWF sold by NHT to help (reduces the wall resonance) which would be the fastest and easiest solution:

http://www.nhthifi.com/iwf?sc=12&category=1215
Randall.White likes this.

Ray
Albuquerque, NM
post #11500 of 11816 Old 08-15-2015, 04:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I'm selling a pair of classic 2s in great condition, with original box. Been using them as rears in 5.2 setup, but don't need them anymore. Pls send me PM if interested.
post #11501 of 11816 Old 08-16-2015, 12:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi Randall,

If you're trying to match the Fours/Threec, then go with:

In-wall: IW4
In-ceiling: IC4-ARC

They'll be the closest. They won't sound at good at the Threes, but not bad. Also, it's better to use a back box (a lot more work) or at least stuff the cavity. You can use the IWF sold by NHT to help (reduces the wall resonance) which would be the fastest and easiest solution:

http://www.nhthifi.com/iwf?sc=12&category=1215
I was looking at those last night. If I do go through with it, I'll box them in.

I saw some other ones were weather proof and could be used in bathrooms.

Honestly don't know if it would be a big downgrade or if I could just have my current speakers wall mounted. When your room is less than 10' wide, having speakers sit 8+ inches off the wall is pretty big. Maybe I could recess the 3's? Would that screw up the sound at all?

I've been talking with a guy on here about building fabric walls around the room. Trying to learn as much as I can about treating a room. Plus trying to find a projector/screen setup.... I've been talked out of using a TV in there.
post #11502 of 11816 Old 08-16-2015, 12:58 PM
Answer Seeking / Sharing

Quote:
I was looking at those last night. If I do go through with it, I'll box them in.

I saw some other ones were weather proof and could be used in bathrooms.

Honestly don't know if it would be a big downgrade or if I could just have my current speakers wall mounted. When your room is less than 10' wide, having speakers sit 8+ inches off the wall is pretty big. Maybe I could recess the 3's? Would that screw up the sound at all?

I've been talking with a guy on here about building fabric walls around the room. Trying to learn as much as I can about treating a room. Plus trying to find a projector/screen setup.... I've been talked out of using a TV in there.
The Threes could be recessed as long as the front baffle is in front of the wall facing. But, if you want a cleaner setup, I think the in-walls would be better and would not be much of a down grade if you're building back-boxes which would isolate them from the wall and take the sheet rock resonance out of the equation for the most part. Stretched fabric walls with acoustic material behind is a great way to go and have a clean look.

As for the display, a lot of the newer versions are extremely thin so may just be fine. A projector and screen would give you a larger size for the $ but you really can't go that big in your room. It would look pretty clean though, just get a quiet projector as the fan noise can be annoying in a small room.

Keep us posted with your project!

Ray
Albuquerque, NM
post #11503 of 11816 Old 08-16-2015, 06:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The Threes could be recessed as long as the front baffle is in front of the wall facing. But, if you want a cleaner setup, I think the in-walls would be better and would not be much of a down grade if you're building back-boxes which would isolate them from the wall and take the sheet rock resonance out of the equation for the most part. Stretched fabric walls with acoustic material behind is a great way to go and have a clean look.

As for the display, a lot of the newer versions are extremely thin so may just be fine. A projector and screen would give you a larger size for the $ but you really can't go that big in your room. It would look pretty clean though, just get a quiet projector as the fan noise can be annoying in a small room.

Keep us posted with your project!
I'd only be recessing them about 3-4" because that's how thick my walls are. I may just try out the used market and see how much interest I get for my Three's.

Oh I thought I could only get a 70" TV in there, NOPE. Shoot those dedicated HT guys are crazy I'm looking at 106" or bigger.

As far as fabric goes, can it just be any fabric that I like? If it's not covering speakers.
post #11504 of 11816 Old 08-17-2015, 10:54 AM
Answer Seeking / Sharing

Quote:
I'd only be recessing them about 3-4" because that's how thick my walls are. I may just try out the used market and see how much interest I get for my Three's.

Oh I thought I could only get a 70" TV in there, NOPE. Shoot those dedicated HT guys are crazy I'm looking at 106" or bigger.

As far as fabric goes, can it just be any fabric that I like? If it's not covering speakers.
Yes, you can go pretty large on the display as long as you can fit the speakers around it. I actually measured 100" in our room if I re-located the equipment up front so that only the speakers were there.

As for the fabric, us usually want some 'stretch' in it so that you can have a very clean looking wall. YOu use clips to attach to the walls and then stretch the fabric to them. Here are some examples (sites):

http://www.snaptex.com/

http://www.stretchwall.com/?id=Gallery

http://www.fabric-wall.com/track.aspx

There are a lot out there if you look.

Ray
Albuquerque, NM
post #11505 of 11816 Old 08-19-2015, 08:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I contacted NHT for some advice and to see if I should wait to purchase any speakers until the "new" ones come out. Got some info that I wasn't expecting. iW4-ARC are not recommended for surrounds, I was told that the AiW-ARC are much better for surrounds/rears. I mentioned what I'm currently running and he said that the cheaper in-wall speakers will be just fine. I wouldn't notice any difference. He did mention, with the money I would be saving that I should buy iC2/iC3 for Atmos setup. If I send him a picture of my room and dimensions, he would have his engineer tell me where to place them for the best position.

*Also was informed that IF I decide to go with in-wall for L/C/R, I should then buy iW4 for up front. Told me if I could use the AT and the ThreeC that it would sound great.

Now the dilemma starts, sell my current speakers to fund in-walls? or save up (wait till Black Friday) and buy them then?????
post #11506 of 11816 Old 08-19-2015, 08:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Found some fabric I'm interested in. Looks like it has a nice texture to it and has some stretch to it. Only problem is, I don't know how to order fabric lol...... It gives me the width, but then it says 12 available. Does that mean 12 yards? 12 feet? 12 what??? I emailed them but their website is messing up. I know this isn't the best place to get fabric advice but do any of you know what that means?

Option 1: (charcoal)
http://www.joann.com/sew-classic-vel...oduct&start=20

Option 2:
http://www.joann.com/home-decor-soli...oduct&start=31

I'm going for a gray-ish theme at the moment. A guy I've been talking to on here sent me a rendering and it has given me motivation.

Different seating, lighting, speakers, but this at least gives me a idea to shoot for..
cavchameleon and jhughy2010 like this.
post #11507 of 11816 Old 08-19-2015, 08:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@jhughy2010 , any more updates on your sub box? Have you got a chance to listen to it yet?
post #11508 of 11816 Old 08-19-2015, 10:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@jhughy2010 , any more updates on your sub box? Have you got a chance to listen to it yet?
Nope... sub cabinet is still sitting in the exact same spot untouched. Just spent all my money on a whole house fan (the Misses told me too... it is just too darn hot at night here in N. CA); one of those quietcool ones. The thing is a beast!

Are you working on a theater room? How is the RA sub treating ya?
post #11509 of 11816 Old 08-19-2015, 11:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Nope... sub cabinet is still sitting in the exact same spot untouched. Just spent all my money on a whole house fan (the Misses told me too... it is just too darn hot at night here in N. CA); one of those quietcool ones. The thing is a beast!

Are you working on a theater room? How is the RA sub treating ya?
This heat is brutal this year. It's been very uncomfortable here, muggy,sticky, hot Makes for a mad baby and mama. Our average is low 70's but we've been hanging around 85-90 for quite awhile. All I can say is I'm ready for Fall! Football and cooler weather.

I'm trying to find out as much as I can and source products I need. Once I start removing the closet, I won't want to stop. So I'd like to at least build the plug for the window and start building a wall for the screen. Still don't know what projector or screen to go with Now since I was informed that the current in-ceiling speakers are better for Atmos then what's coming out. I'm looking at receivers too! Ahhhh the small list of what to buy has grown daily... Receiver, speakers, wall treatment, projector, screen, lighting... The list goes on.

Eh? In my honest opinion I miss my Outlaw subs. They seemed to have more impact. I'm not sure if the multiple delays put a bad taste in my mouth or what? I've been considering trying to save some cash and just using it in the small dedicated room. Work has been hectic and I haven't had a full day off in quite awhile. Hopefully I'll get some time and I may just hook up a 2.1 setup in there to see how it sounds/feels.

So with your DIY sub do you need to buy anything to EQ it? You can't just buy a sub, box and amp and let Audyssey EQ it?
post #11510 of 11816 Old 08-19-2015, 11:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This heat is brutal this year. It's been very uncomfortable here, muggy,sticky, hot Makes for a mad baby and mama. Our average is low 70's but we've been hanging around 85-90 for quite awhile. All I can say is I'm ready for Fall! Football and cooler weather.

I'm trying to find out as much as I can and source products I need. Once I start removing the closet, I won't want to stop. So I'd like to at least build the plug for the window and start building a wall for the screen. Still don't know what projector or screen to go with Now since I was informed that the current in-ceiling speakers are better for Atmos then what's coming out. I'm looking at receivers too! Ahhhh the small list of what to buy has grown daily... Receiver, speakers, wall treatment, projector, screen, lighting... The list goes on.

Eh? In my honest opinion I miss my Outlaw subs. They seemed to have more impact. I'm not sure if the multiple delays put a bad taste in my mouth or what? I've been considering trying to save some cash and just using it in the small dedicated room. Work has been hectic and I haven't had a full day off in quite awhile. Hopefully I'll get some time and I may just hook up a 2.1 setup in there to see how it sounds/feels.

So with your DIY sub do you need to buy anything to EQ it? You can't just buy a sub, box and amp and let Audyssey EQ it?
That's disappointing to hear regarding the RA sub. Have you had an opportunity to EQ it in any way? Have you tried placing it in a corner or near field?

The DIY sub is going to go in the bedroom. I have considered buying the DSP version of the Behringer iNuke amp. However, when I upgrade my living room AVR I will be re-purposing the old one into my bedroom. It has a relatively decent sub EQ built in (adjusts 4 different frequency points in addition to delay). I am not a fan of REW and I don't believe in over EQing things.

On a side note... my living room subs (V1500s) sound really good. Impact is present and they do the job at providing the ULF for movies with plenty of headroom. In hindsight, I probably wouldn't have bothered with the DIY sub. I kind of wish I would have bought a "B" stock PSA S1500. I had seen one on their website for under $800 at one point.
post #11511 of 11816 Old 08-19-2015, 11:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That's disappointing to hear regarding the RA sub. Have you had an opportunity to EQ it in any way? Have you tried placing it in a corner or near field?

The DIY sub is going to go in the bedroom. I have considered buying the DSP version of the Behringer iNuke amp. However, when I upgrade my living room AVR I will be re-purposing the old one into my bedroom. It has a relatively decent sub EQ built in (adjusts 4 different frequency points in addition to delay). I am not a fan of REW and I don't believe in over EQing things.

On a side note... my living room subs (V1500s) sound really good. Impact is present and they do the job at providing the ULF for movies with plenty of headroom. In hindsight, I probably wouldn't have bothered with the DIY sub. I kind of wish I would have bought a "B" stock PSA S1500. I had seen one on their website for under $800 at one point.
It's somewhat in the corner, about 2' or so away from it. The closer it got it just got way too boomy. With my LFM-1EX sub it sounded amazing there. So to me that's confusing, you'd think that if one sub sounded good there. Then the new one SHOULD sound good. I played around with changing 60/80/120 and same thing. It's just "meh", nothing spectacular. If I post in the RA thread people get WAY too protective. So I don't even bother. Audyssey did it's work on it and I bumped it up +3 to a -6 final setting. When I turn it up more, it doesn't blend in.

That's how I feel, why can't you just run Audyssey (or whatever program your AVR has) and just enjoy your setup. I've read the threads and some people are obsessed with getting things perfect. I just want to enjoy my gear and relax.

REALLY wishing I would of went with Tom and bought a PSA sub or two. Especially since he came out with a newer model of the one I wanted much faster than he thought. Crazy that he can have a design and start shipping a week after my sub arrived. A V3600 would fit in nicely in my room
jhughy2010 likes this.
post #11512 of 11816 Old 08-20-2015, 01:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It's somewhat in the corner, about 2' or so away from it. The closer it got it just got way too boomy. With my LFM-1EX sub it sounded amazing there. So to me that's confusing, you'd think that if one sub sounded good there. Then the new one SHOULD sound good. I played around with changing 60/80/120 and same thing. It's just "meh", nothing spectacular. If I post in the RA thread people get WAY too protective. So I don't even bother. Audyssey did it's work on it and I bumped it up +3 to a -6 final setting. When I turn it up more, it doesn't blend in.

That's how I feel, why can't you just run Audyssey (or whatever program your AVR has) and just enjoy your setup. I've read the threads and some people are obsessed with getting things perfect. I just want to enjoy my gear and relax.

REALLY wishing I would of went with Tom and bought a PSA sub or two. Especially since he came out with a newer model of the one I wanted much faster than he thought. Crazy that he can have a design and start shipping a week after my sub arrived. A V3600 would fit in nicely in my room
Yeah they are pretty incredible comparatively over at PSA. He releases a model and then has it at your door step in less than 3 weeks from the time it's up for pre order. Now that the S1500s and S3000i have the veneer options... it is pretty much a no brainer! BUT, they are not without their flaws too. My V1500s won't stay on with the switch to auto unless I run the AVR sub out super hot and keep the main volume at -20db or louder.
post #11513 of 11816 Old 08-20-2015, 07:42 AM
Answer Seeking / Sharing

Quote:
I contacted NHT for some advice and to see if I should wait to purchase any speakers until the "new" ones come out. Got some info that I wasn't expecting. iW4-ARC are not recommended for surrounds, I was told that the AiW-ARC are much better for surrounds/rears. I mentioned what I'm currently running and he said that the cheaper in-wall speakers will be just fine. I wouldn't notice any difference. He did mention, with the money I would be saving that I should buy iC2/iC3 for Atmos setup. If I send him a picture of my room and dimensions, he would have his engineer tell me where to place them for the best position.

*Also was informed that IF I decide to go with in-wall for L/C/R, I should then buy iW4 for up front. Told me if I could use the AT and the ThreeC that it would sound great.

Now the dilemma starts, sell my current speakers to fund in-walls? or save up (wait till Black Friday) and buy them then?????
That's interesting and good to know. Probably because of the multi-tweeter array. Makes sense.

Ray
Albuquerque, NM
post #11514 of 11816 Old 08-20-2015, 07:51 AM
Answer Seeking / Sharing

Quote:
Found some fabric I'm interested in. Looks like it has a nice texture to it and has some stretch to it. Only problem is, I don't know how to order fabric lol...... It gives me the width, but then it says 12 available. Does that mean 12 yards? 12 feet? 12 what??? I emailed them but their website is messing up. I know this isn't the best place to get fabric advice but do any of you know what that means?

Option 1: (charcoal)
http://www.joann.com/sew-classic-vel...oduct&start=20

Option 2:
http://www.joann.com/home-decor-soli...oduct&start=31

I'm going for a gray-ish theme at the moment. A guy I've been talking to on here sent me a rendering and it has given me motivation.

Different seating, lighting, speakers, but this at least gives me a idea to shoot for..
That's a sharp looking room!

Fabric is usually sold by the yard, so make sure you get more than you need and that it's in stock. Different batches sometimes can have slight variations in color.

Ray
Albuquerque, NM
post #11515 of 11816 Old 08-20-2015, 07:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That's a sharp looking room!

Fabric is usually sold by the yard, so make sure you get more than you need and that it's in stock. Different batches sometimes can have slight variations in color.
Thanks, I'm going to try and go up north this weekend. I'll try to stop by a fabric store while I'm up that way.

Wife wants a new vehicle. For once it's not me looking at something different.

What kind of fabric should I use on the screen wall? The screens I'm looking at have velvet surround, is that normal?
post #11516 of 11816 Old 08-20-2015, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah they are pretty incredible comparatively over at PSA. He releases a model and then has it at your door step in less than 3 weeks from the time it's up for pre order. Now that the S1500s and S3000i have the veneer options... it is pretty much a no brainer! BUT, they are not without their flaws too. My V1500s won't stay on with the switch to auto unless I run the AVR sub out super hot and keep the main volume at -20db or louder.
I know, because he told me Sept/Oct time the V3600 would be out. Next thing I know BAM it's out and shipping. Oh well, at least I know where my next sub will come from.

Have you looked into DIY stuff much? I was told that in my dedicated room, I should look to buy smaller subs (12's) and run a few of them. Compared to running a couple 15/18's.
post #11517 of 11816 Old 08-20-2015, 07:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I know, because he told me Sept/Oct time the V3600 would be out. Next thing I know BAM it's out and shipping. Oh well, at least I know where my next sub will come from.

Have you looked into DIY stuff much? I was told that in my dedicated room, I should look to buy smaller subs (12's) and run a few of them. Compared to running a couple 15/18's.
I hadn't really looked into DIY much prior to this project. In fact, I just on a whim decided to give the sub kit a try because the price was right and so many reported great results with the particular kit I went with.

My next DIY project will be an Eminence 10" or 12" kit like this or that

I'll most likely go with the 10" kit as the price is much more reasonable for beginner purposes. I'm going to paint them the same color as the sub (save on money by using up the rest of the one gallon thing of paint).

It's all strictly experimental really... It might be the last time I do a DIY project. PSA has some really nice veneer options coming forward with the speaker line-up. I cannot wait to see what the MT-110 looks like with veneer options.
post #11518 of 11816 Old 08-20-2015, 08:37 PM
Answer Seeking / Sharing

Quote:
I hadn't really looked into DIY much prior to this project. In fact, I just on a whim decided to give the sub kit a try because the price was right and so many reported great results with the particular kit I went with.

My next DIY project will be an Eminence 10" or 12" kit like this or that

I'll most likely go with the 10" kit as the price is much more reasonable for beginner purposes. I'm going to paint them the same color as the sub (save on money by using up the rest of the one gallon thing of paint).

It's all strictly experimental really... It might be the last time I do a DIY project. PSA has some really nice veneer options coming forward with the speaker line-up. I cannot wait to see what the MT-110 looks like with veneer options.
Looking forward to your DIY projects, they seem like a lot of fun (experimental, but very fun!).

I agree on the PSA veneers, very nicely done!!! I still have not had a chance to hook mine up (not an easy task for running wires and removing what is already there). Hopefully this weekend...

Ray
Albuquerque, NM
post #11519 of 11816 Old 08-20-2015, 08:43 PM
Answer Seeking / Sharing

Quote:
Thanks, I'm going to try and go up north this weekend. I'll try to stop by a fabric store while I'm up that way.

Wife wants a new vehicle. For once it's not me looking at something different.

What kind of fabric should I use on the screen wall? The screens I'm looking at have velvet surround, is that normal?
A lot of screens use velvet surrounds. You can just use velvet for your front wall to match (black is best for the screen wall of course). One thing about using fabric, is that you want one that has some stretch to get it tight, but not too stretchy that it will sag over a short amount time. The ones made for stretch walls from companies that specialize in it are made for very long term use with no sagging.

There are a lot of options out there, have your wife help you with them.

As for the vehicle, it's good to have her turn. Mine actually got a new car a little over a month ago (it was time to replace her old one). She ended up with a 2015 Accord Hybrid (the regular one, not the plug in one which costs quite a bit more). Pretty incredible on gas, but looses a lot of trunk space because of the batteries.
Randall.White and jhughy2010 like this.

Ray
Albuquerque, NM
post #11520 of 11816 Old 08-20-2015, 09:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
A lot of screens use velvet surrounds. You can just use velvet for your front wall to match (black is best for the screen wall of course). One thing about using fabric, is that you want one that has some stretch to get it tight, but not too stretchy that it will sag over a short amount time. The ones made for stretch walls from companies that specialize in it are made for very long term use with no sagging.

There are a lot of options out there, have your wife help you with them.

As for the vehicle, it's good to have her turn. Mine actually got a new car a little over a month ago (it was time to replace her old one). She ended up with a 2015 Accord Hybrid (the regular one, not the plug in one which costs quite a bit more). Pretty incredible on gas, but looses a lot of trunk space because of the batteries.
I showed her the room idea (the picture I posted on here) and her eyse lit up. I think she is really on board now.

Oh she's had her say. When we got together she had a "ricey" Honda Civic, it was falling apart. So I bought her a Audi A4 Ultrasport, got tired of that so I got her a BMW 335D gorgeous car!! Basically a M3 with a diesel.. Still miss it Now she is driving my Tundra, still not sure how that worked out. So since she is a "mom" now she needs a SUV. So a new Jeep Grand Cherokee is in my future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page