Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 1496 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1700Likes

post #44851 of 44998 Old 06-03-2019, 11:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked: 1626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillipe OR View Post
I took some pictures to show you my options.
The room is very small and I probably will be killed by my wife if I change any furniture.

I live in a apartment and I have only concrete walls not drywall so it would be harder to hide the cables without "cutting" the wall.
The best option would 4 speaker in the ceiling (Rear above the sofa and in the middle) cause I can hide the cable in the ceiling.

My options>

#1 - Two speakers above the sofa and 2 in the middle of the ceiling. (not easy but not hard either)
Pros - I will use shorter cables
Cons - I will have to run the cable in the same conduit of my light cable and I have to "cut" the ceiling to hide it, but its not to hard to do it.

#2 - Two speakers above the sofa and 2 in the middle of the room. (easier)
Pros - I dont have to "cut" the wall to hide the cables and I dont need to run the speaker cable in the same conduit of my light cable.
Cons - I will have to use longer cables (more than 30 feet for each middle room speaker) and I dont know if this is the best spot for the atmos.

#3 - Two speakers in front above the tv and 2 in the middle of the room. (harder)
This is the worst scenario cause I have to cut my wall to hide the cables and I have to call someone else to do it and than to cover, paint and etc....

Sorry about my writing guys, english is my second language.
Your English is fine, take it from a Texan

Option 2 looks like a winner to me. One thing I can recommend, if it's okay with your wife, is to move your front three up to the front edge of the shelf. This will eliminate 1st order reflections. Being at the back of the shelf, the sound waves come out of the speaker and immediately bounce off the shelf surface.

A compromise with the wife is the have them at the back while you're not watching movies and then slide them to the front when you are

Spinning the rear tire at 150mph while at 3/4 lean angle will put wrinkles in your seat

Set up:
Marantz AV8802A W/M.P. Monolith XLR's-Oppo 103-65" 4K Sammy-Emotiva: XPA-DR3, XPA-3, XPA-2 x 2-PolkAudio: RTiA9 x 4-LiSM706-FXiA6 x 4-LiSM703-Furez 10awg homemade cables
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44852 of 44998 Old 06-03-2019, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2166 Post(s)
Liked: 2186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillipe OR View Post
I took some pictures to show you my options.
The room is very small and I probably will be killed by my wife if I change any furniture.

I live in a apartment and I have only concrete walls not drywall so it would be harder to hide the cables without "cutting" the wall.
The best option would 4 speaker in the ceiling (Rear above the sofa and in the middle) cause I can hide the cable in the ceiling.

My options>

#1 - Two speakers above the sofa and 2 in the middle of the ceiling. (not easy but not hard either)
Pros - I will use shorter cables
Cons - I will have to run the cable in the same conduit of my light cable and I have to "cut" the ceiling to hide it, but its not to hard to do it.

#2 - Two speakers above the sofa and 2 in the middle of the room. (easier)
Pros - I dont have to "cut" the wall to hide the cables and I dont need to run the speaker cable in the same conduit of my light cable.
Cons - I will have to use longer cables (more than 30 feet for each middle room speaker) and I dont know if this is the best spot for the atmos.

#3 - Two speakers in front above the tv and 2 in the middle of the room. (harder)
This is the worst scenario cause I have to cut my wall to hide the cables and I have to call someone else to do it and than to cover, paint and etc....

Sorry about my writing guys, english is my second language.

Regardless of which option you choose, here are some factors to bear in mind:

In order to maximize the effectiveness of immersive audio reproduction, you will want to take into consideration Dolby's speaker setup guidelines to the extent practicable. For example, the key element in achieving an immersive hemisphere of sound is to create two planar levels--the listener or ear level (your basic 5.1) and the overhead or height level (your x.x.4); to this end you will want to prioritize the separation of your overhead speakers from the ear-level plane as measured by the elevation angle. A good rule of thumb is to aim for a 45° elevation angle both front and back (e.g., measure the vertical distance from your ears to the ceiling when seated at the MLP and then take this same distance to the front and the back for installation of the two overhead pairs).

The below diagram shows the recommended range of angles for various speaker pairs depending on how their locations are designated in your processor. Note that anything approaching or less than 30° will generally produce mediocre to unsatisfactory results; therefore, when mounting speakers on a wall, you will want to place them at or adjacent to the ceiling level.

Also, it is recommended that you keep the L/R speaker pairs in line with their respective front speaker as illustrated in the Dolby 5.1.4 diagram at the hyperlink I provided above. You can cheat in- or outboard by a foot or so depending on your room's characteristics and constraints (or in order to attain further separation from nearby ear-level speakers), but maintaining symmetry is desirable.

Note that there is no need to split hairs or aim for perfection as every installation entails a certain degree of compromise. But if you are going to go to the trouble and effort (not to mention the expense) of installing additional speakers, it is worthwhile taking the time to get it right from the get-go rather than having to patch and reinstall or live with less than satisfactory results.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dolby Atmos Speaker Locations.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	2575430  

Living Room: Sony XBR-65Z9D; Oppo UDP-203; Nvidia Shield TV; Roku Ultra; Denon AVR-X8500H (9.1.4/13.1); Polk Audio RTiA7 (Fl/r), CSiA6 (C), RTiA5 (Sl/r & FW), OWM5 (SB), 80F/X-RT (FH, RH); SVS SB-2000 (SW)
Bedroom: Sony XBR-55HX929, DarbeeVision DVP 5000S, Amazon Fire TV 4K, Yamaha R-N402 Network Receiver, Polk Audio LSiM703
post #44853 of 44998 Old 06-03-2019, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Yay! My CSiA6 just arrived today. Had to mount it above the TV as it wouldn't fit below. After listening to it I prefer the top mounted as it sounds more like it's coming from the TV instead of below it.

That completes my upgrade of my 7.1 speaker setup. I already got a pair of RTiA9's and two pairs of RTiA3's a few months ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44854 of 44998 Old 06-04-2019, 12:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avernar View Post
Yay! My CSiA6 just arrived today. Had to mount it above the TV as it wouldn't fit below. After listening to it I prefer the top mounted as it sounds more like it's coming from the TV instead of below it.

That completes my upgrade of my 7.1 speaker setup. I already got a pair of RTiA9's and two pairs of RTiA3's a few months ago.

Congrats man! the A9's are great towers.

Spinning the rear tire at 150mph while at 3/4 lean angle will put wrinkles in your seat

Set up:
Marantz AV8802A W/M.P. Monolith XLR's-Oppo 103-65" 4K Sammy-Emotiva: XPA-DR3, XPA-3, XPA-2 x 2-PolkAudio: RTiA9 x 4-LiSM706-FXiA6 x 4-LiSM703-Furez 10awg homemade cables
post #44855 of 44998 Old 06-06-2019, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 1
@Geoff4RFC Thanks!!!
Yeah!!! i think i can do that! It wont be a problem at all! (move the speakers to the front)

@chi_guy50
Thank you for the advice!
I did some research last days and maybe this is the best i can get right now (see image). Top middle and Top front are the better and the easier way to do it. Unfortunately I cant keep the Atmos speakers with the same alignement of front speakers.
I could use front height speaker as alternative but I will need a lot of cable for it. (115 feet total for the pair) Do you think is worth it?

Next step is to choose the speakers, my first choice is Polk TL3, but Im having a really hard time to find a good deal. Someone knows where can i find it? What do you think about the OWM3? Its cheapier and easier to find, but is it better than POLK TL3?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ForumRunner_20150725_1918010.png
Views:	14
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	2576732  
Geoff4RFC likes this.
post #44856 of 44998 Old 06-06-2019, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Just curious, what did you upgrade from?

Set up:
post #44857 of 44998 Old 06-06-2019, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post
Just curious, what did you upgrade from?
A mishmash collection of cheap/inexpensive speakers. The towers and one pair of bookshelfs were PA. A couple of Sony bookshelfs. The center was an Infinity an was pretty good but the CSiA6 just blows it out of the water.
post #44858 of 44998 Old 06-06-2019, 02:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
A mishmash collection of cheap/inexpensive speakers. The towers and one pair of bookshelfs were PA. A couple of Sony bookshelfs. The center was an Infinity an was pretty good but the CSiA6 just blows it out of the water.
I can dig it! You certainly made an excellent upgrade for sure!!

I did something similar before I got my first AVR. A fisher boom box with 2 detachable 3 way speakers, clips in the back so I could add two more book shelves and made a Frankenstein-ish 4.0 bedroom set up

From there I did two more upgrades before getting to my RTiA setup. An Onkyo 7.1 to an all Monitor set up with M70's as mains, Now having my RTiA set up, my system is slowly incorporating the LSiM series into it with the 706cc and a pair of 703's.

I don't know if the 707's will ever make it into my set up, a tremendous drop in price would make that call as I have two pairs of A9's that more than cover what I need!!!

Set up:
post #44859 of 44998 Old 06-07-2019, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey guys, first post here on the forum. I am looking at buying a new set for my living room which will be about 50/50 music movies. I haven't settled on a receiver just yet, but I am trying to get some high bang for the buck Polk speakers for the setup. I'm looking at probably staying with just simply 5.1 surround ( as the orientation of my room has the left side open to another room and I don't want to mount anything. )

I came upon the marvelous godsend of Polk Direct and found this combination: (2) Monitor 60 sII, (2) Monitor 40 sII, a PSW505 and a CS10 center for a little over $620. They have 70's for sale as well, but I read that 70's will overpower a CS1/CS10. Does this seem pretty well matched? I'm not finding CS2/CS20's anywhere right now. Are thee any newer series centers that timbre match with the Monitors? Any gotchas with something like this?
post #44860 of 44998 Old 06-07-2019, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdermostfowl View Post
Hey guys, first post here on the forum. I am looking at buying a new set for my living room which will be about 50/50 music movies. I haven't settled on a receiver just yet, but I am trying to get some high bang for the buck Polk speakers for the setup. I'm looking at probably staying with just simply 5.1 surround ( as the orientation of my room has the left side open to another room and I don't want to mount anything. )

I came upon the marvelous godsend of Polk Direct and found this combination: (2) Monitor 60 sII, (2) Monitor 40 sII, a PSW505 and a CS10 center for a little over $620. They have 70's for sale as well, but I read that 70's will overpower a CS1/CS10. Does this seem pretty well matched? I'm not finding CS2/CS20's anywhere right now. Are thee any newer series centers that timbre match with the Monitors? Any gotchas with something like this?
avoid the polk subwoofer.
the difference between a m60 or m70 with a sub is pretty much nothing. You could just get away with the monitor 40 for R/L to save money for a better sub(check the forum for budget subs). for the center you probably want an rti because the clarity for dialog will be much better.
post #44861 of 44998 Old 06-07-2019, 04:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hey guys, first post here on the forum. I am looking at buying a new set for my living room which will be about 50/50 music movies. I haven't settled on a receiver just yet, but I am trying to get some high bang for the buck Polk speakers for the setup. I'm looking at probably staying with just simply 5.1 surround ( as the orientation of my room has the left side open to another room and I don't want to mount anything.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelFisch View Post
avoid the polk subwoofer.
the difference between a m60 or m70 with a sub is pretty much nothing. You could just get away with the monitor 40 for R/L to save money for a better sub(check the forum for budget subs). for the center you probably want an rti because the clarity for dialog will be much better.
I fully agree with the above advice. In fact, I would recommend that you reverse the order you have been following and give first priority to the center channel. It will be your most important speaker for movie/TV audio. If budget is a concern, you could start with just a 3.0 or 5.0 system until you have the resources to shop for a decent SW (something from an internet-direct seller in the $500 to $600 range, for example).

I would start with the CSiA6 (around $200 to $225 used or refurbished) and then build around that, for example with a pair of RTiA5/7's and a pair of RTiA1/3's.

I concur that the Monitor line at discount prices is good bang-for-the-buck if you are on a limited budget. But you will probably find yourself outgrowing them (as I did) and wish you had aimed higher from the outset.

Living Room: Sony XBR-65Z9D; Oppo UDP-203; Nvidia Shield TV; Roku Ultra; Denon AVR-X8500H (9.1.4/13.1); Polk Audio RTiA7 (Fl/r), CSiA6 (C), RTiA5 (Sl/r & FW), OWM5 (SB), 80F/X-RT (FH, RH); SVS SB-2000 (SW)
Bedroom: Sony XBR-55HX929, DarbeeVision DVP 5000S, Amazon Fire TV 4K, Yamaha R-N402 Network Receiver, Polk Audio LSiM703
post #44862 of 44998 Old 06-08-2019, 01:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 2587 Post(s)
Liked: 2414
Quote:

I think there are still a couple of Polk CSiA4 center channel speakers available from Polk via their ebay store for $110, which is a great price. The CSiA4 is in the Polk RTiA line of speakers, which are a higher line than the Monitor SII line. I picked one of the CSiA4's recently and it's a really nice center with excellent clarity. These also have a real wood veneer finish, which is much nicer than your typical vinyl wrap on most speakers. I would pass on the Polk Monitor SII line and aim for the Signature or RTiA line. And this is coming from somebody who previously owned the Polk Monitor SII 70, 60, 50, 40, CS1 and CS2.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-...c5vIc&LH_BIN=1

Subs>RBH I-12e/I-12. HSU VTF-15H mk2. Monolith THX 12 (x2)/THX 10(x2). XTZ 1X12. SVS PB-1000 (x2). Speakers>JBL 270/235c/230/225c, Arena 130/125c. Jamo S807/S803. Infinity P363/163. Sony CS3/CS8/CS5. QA 3020i/3090Ci, 2020i/2000c. Monolith Cinema 5 AMT bs. Polk RTiA1/CsiA4. Other Audio>Sony MDR-Z7m2, WH-XB700, XB32, XB31. Sennheiser HD58X, HD4.50, PC37X. HyperX Cloud PS4 HS. Plantronics RIG500 Pro HS. LG FH6,RK8,RK7,PK5. UE Boom3.

Last edited by MIX_MASTER_ICE; 06-08-2019 at 01:51 AM.
post #44863 of 44998 Old 06-09-2019, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
I think there are still a couple of Polk CSiA4 center channel speakers available from Polk via their ebay store for $110, which is a great price. The CSiA4 is in the Polk RTiA line of speakers, which are a higher line than the Monitor SII line. I picked one of the CSiA4's recently and it's a really nice center with excellent clarity. These also have a real wood veneer finish, which is much nicer than your typical vinyl wrap on most speakers. I would pass on the Polk Monitor SII line and aim for the Signature or RTiA line. And this is coming from somebody who previously owned the Polk Monitor SII 70, 60, 50, 40, CS1 and CS2.
Thanks everyone for the help and feedback! I think I'm going to have to star over and think things through because the entertainment center I was going to use won't fit any center other than the CS-1. My dimensions limitation is 18"w x 8"h ( x 19" d ).
Might be time to toss that thing out and start over.

Anyway... Thanks guys for the great advice!
post #44864 of 44998 Old 06-09-2019, 04:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the help and feedback! I think I'm going to have to star over and think things through because the entertainment center I was going to use won't fit any center other than the CS-1. My dimensions limitation is 18"w x 8"h ( x 19" d ).

I think it's wise that you are considering all options. I have an 8-foot wide teak wall unit that I have had reconfigured three times in order to accommodate first a flat-screen TV and then ever more and bigger A/V equipment. One of the main factors that led to the last remodeling was the need to provide a compartment for a larger center-channel speaker (CSiA6).

It pays dividends to prioritize your setup components!
Geoff4RFC likes this.

post #44865 of 44998 Old 06-09-2019, 07:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_guy50 View Post

It pays dividends to prioritize your setup components!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Totally agree with this!!

Quote:

Like I once told a friend of mine years ago...….If you're serous about home theater, don't let your furniture determine what gear you get, but let your gear determine what furniture you need!!

Set up:
post #44866 of 44998 Old 06-10-2019, 02:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 2587 Post(s)
Liked: 2414
Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Totally agree with this!!

Like I once told a friend of mine years ago...….If you're serous about home theater, don't let your furniture determine what gear you get, but let your gear determine what furniture you need!!

I presume you were single at the time.

Subs>RBH I-12e/I-12. HSU VTF-15H mk2. Monolith THX 12 (x2)/THX 10(x2). XTZ 1X12. SVS PB-1000 (x2). Speakers>JBL 270/235c/230/225c, Arena 130/125c. Jamo S807/S803. Infinity P363/163. Sony CS3/CS8/CS5. QA 3020i/3090Ci, 2020i/2000c. Monolith Cinema 5 AMT bs. Polk RTiA1/CsiA4. Other Audio>Sony MDR-Z7m2, WH-XB700, XB32, XB31. Sennheiser HD58X, HD4.50, PC37X. HyperX Cloud PS4 HS. Plantronics RIG500 Pro HS. LG FH6,RK8,RK7,PK5. UE Boom3.
post #44867 of 44998 Old 06-10-2019, 04:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

No, but he is now!

Seriously, there is something to be said for tactful, incremental change. My setup is in a living room and yet I have gradually managed to progress from a stereo system to 5.1 HTIB w/satellites and then, in stages, to our present 9.1.4 with floor-standing surrounds (except for SB) all the while maintaining marital harmony.

Even if you don't have a significant other to consider, you may think that your room size or configuration inhibits HT growth. But creativity, ingenuity, and some diligent research can overcome many obstacles--real or imagined.

post #44868 of 44998 Old 06-10-2019, 08:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 795 Post(s)
Liked: 2566
Quote:

Quote:

Big black speakers and subs can be tastefully integrated into practically any room. The problem lies with the "modern" idea of tiny little hidden speakers and soundbars being the new norm. Gone are the days of huge "HiFi" systems and speakers being the centerpiece of the living room. My downstairs living room is fairly neutral with the TV being the focus. The upstairs "TV room" on the other hand, has the equipment and speakers taking a co-staring role next to the screen. We sit and talk with guests downstairs. We sit and watch/listen upstairs with only smiles and awestruck facial expressions being exchanged.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_3376 (Copy).JPG
Views:	24
Size:	712.7 KB
ID:	2578306   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3387 (Copy).JPG
Views:	20
Size:	853.8 KB
ID:	2578308   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3384 (Copy).JPG
Views:	22
Size:	793.9 KB
ID:	2578310   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3390 (Copy).JPG
Views:	27
Size:	922.2 KB
ID:	2578312   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3355-2tonemapped cropped (Copy).jpg
Views:	23
Size:	476.4 KB
ID:	2578314  

Geoff4RFC likes this.

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
post #44869 of 44998 Old 06-10-2019, 09:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Lol, @chi_guy50 is right, I am now however at the time I had my own room so my significant other didn't care or mind what I did for that room. I built a lot of my own stands and racks in addition to big Costco consoles. I'm pretty happy with my current rack, my latest project built from solid oak and metal supports. @cr136124 has built his own elaborate consoles as well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190513_203457.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	2578330  

Set up:
post #44870 of 44998 Old 06-10-2019, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Lol, @chi_guy50 is right, I am now however at the time I had my own room so my significant other didn't care or mind what I did for that room. I built a lot of my own stands and racks in addition to big Costco consoles. I'm pretty happy with my current rack, my latest project built from solid oak and metal supports. @cr136124 has built his own elaborate consoles as well.
I went for a custom made cabinet for the equipment that I designed with woods that would go with the Midnight Mahogany of my front LSiM 703 and 705s. The cabinet is located over an HVAC vent that blows cool air into the cabinet and then fans in the individual compartments make sure that the critical components are cooled. I have also included a photo of the more open look that we had before the more recent work to complete our home theater.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6177.jpg
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	2578338   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6199.jpg
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	2578340   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1598.jpg
Size:	278.1 KB
ID:	2578342  
Geoff4RFC likes this.

SONY VPL-VW385ES, Da-Lite 92" 0.9 HD progressive 16x9 screen, Apple TV 4K, HDFury Integral 2, Oppo UDP 203, Panasonic DP-UB820, Anthem AVM 60, D-Sonic 4000 (800x3, 400x4) for bed layer, 2 Crown XLS 1002 (225x4) for Atmos; Speakers: Polk LSiM 705s, 703 front, 4 702F/X surround, 4 Polk TL3 (Atmos), Dual Velodyne DD15 Subwoofers.

Last edited by shs1234; 06-10-2019 at 02:30 PM.
post #44871 of 44998 Old 06-10-2019, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shs1234 View Post
I went for a custom made cabinet for the equipment that I designed with woods that would go with the Midnight Mahogany of my front LSiM 703 and 705s. The cabinet is located over an HVAC vent that blows cool air into the cabinet and then fans in the individual compartments make sure that the critical components are cooled. I have also included a photo the more open look that we had before the more recent work to complete our home theater.
Very nice! You have some awesome looking gear!!! Your front three look to be set up for perfect imaging!!!!

Nicely done...…..where do you live....I'll bring popcorn, beer, hotdogs, name it......

Set up:
post #44872 of 44998 Old 06-10-2019, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Very nice! You have some awesome looking gear!!! Your front three look to be set up for perfect imaging!!!!

Nicely done...…..where do you live....I'll bring popcorn, beer, hotdogs, name it......
Thanks,

I have always had three vertical and ideally identical speakers across the front. While not identical, the 703 and the 705s do play nicely together and the front soundstage is seamless. Movies and music in surround format got even better when I upgraded my surrounds to 702 F/Xs. While not everybody believes that timbre matching all the way around is necessary or worth it, I have been pleasantly surprised how good a matched system can sound.

I live in Central California in the Sierra near Yosemite. Popcorn and beer appreciated!

SONY VPL-VW385ES, Da-Lite 92" 0.9 HD progressive 16x9 screen, Apple TV 4K, HDFury Integral 2, Oppo UDP 203, Panasonic DP-UB820, Anthem AVM 60, D-Sonic 4000 (800x3, 400x4) for bed layer, 2 Crown XLS 1002 (225x4) for Atmos; Speakers: Polk LSiM 705s, 703 front, 4 702F/X surround, 4 Polk TL3 (Atmos), Dual Velodyne DD15 Subwoofers.
post #44873 of 44998 Old 06-10-2019, 05:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I agree with complete timbre matching although I'm not there currently!

Cali huh, I'm up above you in Wa, give me a few days

Set up:

Last edited by Geoff4RFC; 06-11-2019 at 01:43 AM.
post #44874 of 44998 Old 06-10-2019, 06:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 711
Quote:
Yikes! Can you believe that puppy was built back on May 2012 ....

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/63-re...l#post22042261
post #44875 of 44998 Old 06-10-2019, 08:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Time flies amigo, heck, we've practically grown up together

Set up:

Last edited by Geoff4RFC; 06-11-2019 at 01:43 AM.
post #44876 of 44998 Old 06-11-2019, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post
Quote:
Yikes! Can you believe that puppy was built back on May 2012 .... [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/IMG]

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/63-re...l#post22042261
Carlos and his console was the primary inspiration for my console build as well. I love seeing Polkies hanging out again.

Im happy with my Polk speakers but am looking into the 4k projector thing now.

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
post #44877 of 44998 Old 06-11-2019, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 711
Quote:
Time flies amigo, heck, we've practically grown up together
Man, you are getting old! @XStanleyX 's old!!!

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
Carlos and his console was the primary inspiration for my console build as well. I love seeing Polkies hanging out again.

What 4K projector are you getting? Epson 6050ub?
post #44878 of 44998 Old 06-11-2019, 11:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What 4K projector are you getting? Epson 6050ub?
I was looking at the 6050 because it had one of the brightest pictures available. I am not sure thought because it is pixel shift technology and not native 4K. The Sony is true 4k but half as bright and expensive.

post #44879 of 44998 Old 06-11-2019, 11:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Dave, just an observation, not sure if you interested.....the trim on your emo is the same trim I have. I took out the two screws, punched them into a piece of cardboard so they stood up, laid the trim next to them and spray painted them with flat black paint....and presto, turned the stock pieces into $20 a pair add on's.

Quote:
Man, you are getting old! @XStanleyX 's old!!!

LOL
Carlos, I've been getting old since the day I was born

I wonder how @XStanleyX is doing??? He sold/gave to his son, all of his gear and got an RV and hit the road!

Set up:
post #44880 of 44998 Old 06-11-2019, 11:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I've been looking into 4K gear as well lately.

I already have the Samsung display, but I've been considering the Marantz AV8802A to add to the mix as well as a second pair of LSiM703's.

How long before you make your decision?

Set up:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio , Polk Audio Csi5 High Performance Center Channel Speaker , polk audio lsim , Polk Audio Monitor 30 Bookshelf Speakers Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor Series Cs1 Center Channel Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Polk Audio R50 Floorstanding Speakers Each , Polk Audio Rti4 High Performance Bookshelf On Wall Speakers , Polk Audio Rti6 High Performance Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Polk Audio Rti8 High Output Floorstanding Loudspeaker Single Black , Polk Audio Surroundbar 4000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Su , Polk Audio Three Way Vanishing Rt Series In Ceiling Speaker 70 Rt , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page