Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 1524 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2000Likes

post #45691 of 45710 Old 03-16-2020, 07:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 816 Post(s)
Liked: 2612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post
What's up Dave?!

Chillin'. Home theater folks like us were prepared for a pandemic.

Movies - Check
Popcorn - Check
Beverage - Check
Toilet Paper - Check
Geoff4RFC and Gyroscopics like this.

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #45692 of 45710 Old 03-17-2020, 06:48 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
The TSi series are right on par with the Monitor series, only finished off nicer IMO, with the gloss tops on the cabinets.

Pro: easy to drive

Con: need excessive amounts of power to sound their best

Pro: inexpensive speaker

Con: should have an AVR with pre-outs and an external amplifier (this really shouldn't be a con if you want the most out of a set up IMO)

I've not owned the TSi series but I did own the Monitor series with the M70's, 40's and 30's and CSII center channel.

My M70's were okay sounding on their own and with an Emotiva 200wpc amp, then demoed them for sale with an Emo 300wpc amp and they came alive like I'd never heard them, well, I never did hear them sound so good.

Wanted to keep them, but got my asking price anyway (they sounded phenomenal on that extra power). I had priced them for haggling room but they sounded so good, the buyer was all to happy to pay the full asking price. Of course I forewarned him that my room acoustics and driving power had everything to do with the sound from the demo. He was aware and became the next happy owner.

I hope this information is helpful.
Thanks, I will only be running these off an AVR so I will probably need to look into another speaker as I will not have external power.
post #45693 of 45710 Old 03-17-2020, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 816 Post(s)
Liked: 2612
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa071 View Post
Thanks, I will only be running these off an AVR so I will probably need to look into another speaker as I will not have external power.

Power Sound Audio has some home theater speakers that are between 94 dB and 98 dB sensitive and can be run at reference level on practically any AVR with no issues and incredible sound. They are a bit pricey, however, the sound and quality are out of this world.

https://www.powersoundaudio.com/collections/speakers
pumbaa071 likes this.

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #45694 of 45710 Old 03-17-2020, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hey guys, long time Polk guy, but still rocking my old Monitor 70, CSi3, and FXiA4 surrounds. I'm in the process of upgrading the entire system from 5.1 to 5.1.4, and as part of that process I'm going to be replacing the surrounds with in-wall speakers (and obviously purchasing ceiling height speakers too). Swapping out an Onkyo TX-NR626 with a Denon AVR-4500H. I'm also considering downsizing the towers to bookshelves to hide away in cabinets. And I definitely want to upgrade the center while I'm at it.

There are good deals to be had on the LSiM line-up right now and wanted to know the general sentiment on them. I'm thinking something like a pair of 703s for L/R, a 704c or 706c, a pair of 265-LS for surround, and 4 700-LS for height. The system is mostly used for movies. Think it's worth jumping on while they are blowing these out, or should I take my time and keep shopping?
post #45695 of 45710 Old 03-17-2020, 02:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 916 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyjohn26 View Post
Hey guys, long time Polk guy, but still rocking my old Monitor 70, CSi3, and FXiA4 surrounds. I'm in the process of upgrading the entire system from 5.1 to 5.1.4, and as part of that process I'm going to be replacing the surrounds with in-wall speakers (and obviously purchasing ceiling height speakers too). Swapping out an Onkyo TX-NR626 with a Denon AVR-4500H. I'm also considering downsizing the towers to bookshelves to hide away in cabinets. And I definitely want to upgrade the center while I'm at it.

There are good deals to be had on the LSiM line-up right now and wanted to know the general sentiment on them. I'm thinking something like a pair of 703s for L/R, a 704c or 706c, a pair of 265-LS for surround, and 4 700-LS for height. The system is mostly used for movies. Think it's worth jumping on while they are blowing these out, or should I take my time and keep shopping?
Yes, if you can still find the 703s or any of the LSiM speakers on sale, grab them. They have been said to be excellent speakers for both HT and music. They are fairly sizeable, though, so you might not be able to tuck them into a cabinet anyway. How much of that decision is influenced by WAF?

As with the 703s, the 706c is quite beefy in its size. The 704c is far less sizeable, and would still pair well with the 703s if timbre matching was important to you.
mattg3 likes this.

Home Theatre: Marantz SR6014 | Polk Audio RTi A3 Front L/R | Polk Audio CSi A6 Centre | Polk Audio RTi A1 Surround L/R | HSU ULS-15 MK2 Subwoofer | Sony XBR55X900E | PlayStation 4 Pro | Xbox One S | Nintendo Switch

Music: Cambridge Audio AXR100 | Stanton T.62 | Cambridge Audio AXC35 | KEF Q150 L/R
post #45696 of 45710 Old 03-17-2020, 02:47 PM

The reason for wanting to tuck away the L/R is due to some built-in cabinets I need to accomodate. My Monitors are currently sitting 3 feet off the ground which is not great. But the cabinets are flanked on either side with dedicated mesh speaker doors. I've got 28" of clearance inside the cabinet so bulk is not an issue. Pic attached (pardon the mess).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0430.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	866.8 KB
ID:	2699078  
Ryan Statz likes this.
post #45697 of 45710 Old 03-17-2020, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The reason for wanting to tuck away the L/R is due to some built-in cabinets I need to accomodate. My Monitors are currently sitting 3 feet off the ground which is not great. But the cabinets are flanked on either side with dedicated mesh speaker doors. I've got 28" of clearance inside the cabinet so bulk is not an issue. Pic attached (pardon the mess).
3' off of the ground isn't necessarily a bad thing - it's better to be that height, and if the tweeters are at ear level, that's what you want. If the tweeter is above ear level, you just tilt it downwards slightly. Having the speakers near the ground without tilting them upwards so that the tweeter is pointed at ear level isn't going to be very good for the sound, especially if you still have that couch almost directly in front of that right cabinet door. There's also the unwanted resonance/boominess caused from that speaker being inside of an enclosed space.

Home Theatre: Marantz SR6014 | Polk Audio RTi A3 Front L/R | Polk Audio CSi A6 Centre | Polk Audio RTi A1 Surround L/R | HSU ULS-15 MK2 Subwoofer | Sony XBR55X900E | PlayStation 4 Pro | Xbox One S | Nintendo Switch

Music: Cambridge Audio AXR100 | Stanton T.62 | Cambridge Audio AXC35 | KEF Q150 L/R
post #45698 of 45710 Old 03-17-2020, 03:37 PM

I am planning on replacing the couch too, with a single row of theater seating that sits off the back wall. Here's a before and after view of what the system will look like (though this shows the L/R still up on the cabinet).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Current.png
Views:	23
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	2699112   Click image for larger version

Name:	Future.png
Views:	34
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	2699114  
Ryan Statz likes this.
post #45699 of 45710 Old 03-17-2020, 03:38 PM

I suppose a bookshelf speaker sitting on top of the cabinet is a possibility too...hadn't really thought of that. It would put the tweeter much closer to ear level.
post #45700 of 45710 Old 03-17-2020, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I am planning on replacing the couch too, with a single row of theater seating that sits off the back wall. Here's a before and after view of what the system will look like (though this shows the L/R still up on the cabinet).
Quote:
I suppose a bookshelf speaker sitting on top of the cabinet is a possibility too...hadn't really thought of that. It would put the tweeter much closer to ear level.
That after image looks like a really great set-up!

Yeah, it's almost better to have the speaker on top, but it's not my home, so I cannot tell you how to live in your own space! If you are able to angle the speakers upwards and toe them in towards the main listening position inside the cabinet drawer, then it might not be a bad thing. It's certainly not unheard of to put speakers inside a cabinet such as that, so don't take what I've said to be a no-no. Other people with more experience with that kind of thing can maybe chime in.

Based on my experience, things sounded way better when I have had my speakers at ear level (or aimed at, in the case of my centre channel) than when I had them sitting below, and not angled upwards. For your surrounds, be sure to install them so that the tweeter is 1-2 feet above ear level. That will give you the most enveloping surround. I don't think you need to aim them towards ear level, but probably toed towards the main listening position.

Also, it'd be a shame to hide a, IMO, gorgeous speaker if you happen to snag some LSiMs for cheap
myhikingboots likes this.

post #45701 of 45710 Old 03-21-2020, 05:54 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey all... long-time listener, first-time(ish) caller....

I am in the process of finishing my basement and would like advice on in-wall and in-ceiling Polk speakers. I current have a 5.1 set of Monitor 60s this (L&R), CS1 center, and Monitor 30s (surrounds). I enjoy the sounds those give, perhaps because I am not a super audiophile, but I also want to have a good, high-quality sound that helps me get lost in my movies.

The room I am finishing is technically 31’x16’ but the theater portion will only be the front half of that. The steel beam for the house and soffit cut the room directly in half. The 5.1.4 setup I’m looking at is as follows:

LF & RF: Polk 265-RT
C: Polk 255c-RT
LS & RS: Polk RC85i
Atmos: Polk RC80i (x4)

These will be matched with an existing BIC Acoustech PL200 and driven by a new Denon x3600h receiver.

If there is an exceptional benefit, I could allow myself to “step up” to the the 265-LS/255c-LS for my front stage, but I haven’t been able to find enough info online to understand if adding 50% to my price would yield me 50% greater enjoyment.

My questions are follows:
- does the RT series hold us well up front compared to the LS?
- Are the RC85i good for surrounds? Do I need 8” surrounds or would 6.5” suffice?
- Same as previous question for the RC80i speakers that will be above?

Finally regarding my setup... as I mentioned, the beam and soffit cut my room almost exactly in half. I’m putting in a 75” TV and expect the main seating to be about 12’ back. My concern is about the ceiling speaker placement. My fronts will be installed into the finished 9’ ceiling. However, I’m leery about placing the rears behind the soffit because it could block sound. Will it hurt if the rear ceiling speakers are installed INTO the soffit, which means they would only be 7.5-8’ off the ground while the fronts would be 9’ up? The main listening area would still be centered between the two sets of ceiling speakers.
post #45702 of 45710 Old 03-21-2020, 06:37 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 522
Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdalbey View Post
The 5.1.4 setup I’m looking at is as follows:

LF & RF: Polk 265-RT
C: Polk 255c-RT
LS & RS: Polk RC85i
Atmos: Polk RC80i (x4)

These will be matched with an existing BIC Acoustech PL200 and driven by a new Denon x3600h receiver.

If there is an exceptional benefit, I could allow myself to “step up” to the the 265-LS/255c-LS for my front stage, but I haven’t been able to find enough info online to understand if adding 50% to my price would yield me 50% greater enjoyment.

My questions are follows:
- does the RT series hold us well up front compared to the LS?
- Are the RC85i good for surrounds? Do I need 8” surrounds or would 6.5” suffice?
- Same as previous question for the RC80i speakers that will be above?

Finally regarding my setup... as I mentioned, the beam and soffit cut my room almost exactly in half. I’m putting in a 75” TV and expect the main seating to be about 12’ back. My concern is about the ceiling speaker placement. My fronts will be installed into the finished 9’ ceiling. However, I’m leery about placing the rears behind the soffit because it could block sound. Will it hurt if the rear ceiling speakers are installed INTO the soffit, which means they would only be 7.5-8’ off the ground while the fronts would be 9’ up? The main listening area would still be centered between the two sets of ceiling speakers.
I would say the RT-series speakers will serve you well. I’ve got an RT-series system in the main floor living room (RTi A7s, CSi A6, in-ceiling 70RT) and it’s great with a Hsu VTF-3 Mk5 sub rounding out the bottom end. I liked the Polk set up so much that’s what I installed in our basement theater (5.2.4) but with twin PSA V1811 subs.

Our in-wall side surrounds in the basement are the Polk 65RT speakers. I believe you’ll be satisfied with the smaller woofer. The same can be said for the in-ceiling speakers—my 70RTs perform great. Plus you’re not fighting above drywall interference issues as much with a smaller diameter speaker. The 70RTs need about 9” of depth, so consider speaker depth as well.

If you’re keeping your current sub I would recommend adding a second one (at the minimum) with a room that size. If you stick with the RT-series speakers (and your budget has room) you could allocate more money toward your subwoofer(s). Many like the BIC subs for the price. I think you’ll be much happier if you explore other internet-direct options and up your budget (Hsu, Rythmik, SVS, PSA, and others). Buy once, cry once.

As far as your rear ceiling speakers go, would the soffit block your sight line at all to those speakers when you’re seated? If not, you’re probably okay. If you feel you need to install the rear speakers in the soffit, install them in the bottom of the soffit and let your Denon’s room correction help. My front two ceiling speakers are a foot lower than the rear two due to a steel beam in that part of the room, but the front and rear speakers are the same vertical angle to the seating area per Dolby guidelines. Audyssey Room Correction helped get things right, but I also used the Dolby Labs guidelines for Atmos placement. If you’re still concerned about it, you could lose the back two Atmos speakers and move the front two closer to your seating per Dolby Labs’ recommended 5.X.2 Atmos configuration. Many people do it this way, but you wouldn’t want to add rear Atmos later unless you plan on moving the front speakers for the 5.x.4 configuration.

Best of luck with your space—sounds like fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Basement bat cave: JVC RS2000 (calibrated), 100" 16:9 Stewart StudioTek 130, Denon AVR-X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Polk RTi A7 towers/CSi A6 center/65RT in-wall side surrounds (2)/70RT in-ceiling Atmos (4), dual PSA V1811 subwoofers

Last edited by Todd G.; 03-21-2020 at 06:42 AM.
post #45703 of 45710 Old 03-21-2020, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd G. View Post
I would say the RT-series speakers will serve you well. I’ve got an RT-series system in the main floor living room (RTi A7s, CSi A6, in-ceiling 70RT) and it’s great with a Hsu VTF-3 Mk5 sub rounding out the bottom end. I liked the Polk set up so much that’s what I installed in our basement theater (5.2.4) but with twin PSA V1811 subs.

Our in-wall side surrounds in the basement are the Polk 65RT speakers. I believe you’ll be satisfied with the smaller woofer. The same can be said for the in-ceiling speakers—my 70RTs perform great. Plus you’re not fighting above drywall interference issues as much with a smaller diameter speaker. The 70RTs need about 9” of depth, so consider speaker depth as well.

If you’re keeping your current sub I would recommend adding a second one (at the minimum) with a room that size. If you stick with the RT-series speakers (and your budget has room) you could allocate more money toward your subwoofer(s). Many like the BIC subs for the price. I think you’ll be much happier if you explore other internet-direct options and up your budget (Hsu, Rythmik, SVS, PSA, and others). Buy once, cry once.

As far as your rear ceiling speakers go, would the soffit block your sight line at all to those speakers when you’re seated? If not, you’re probably okay. If you feel you need to install the rear speakers in the soffit, install them in the bottom of the soffit and let your Denon’s room correction help. My front two ceiling speakers are a foot lower than the rear two due to a steel beam in that part of the room, but the front and rear speakers are the same vertical angle to the seating area per Dolby guidelines. Audyssey Room Correction helped get things right, but I also used the Dolby Labs guidelines for Atmos placement. If you’re still concerned about it, you could lose the back two Atmos speakers and move the front two closer to your seating per Dolby Labs’ recommended 5.X.2 Atmos configuration. Many people do it this way, but you wouldn’t want to add rear Atmos later unless you plan on moving the front speakers for the 5.x.4 configuration.

Best of luck with your space—sounds like fun!

Wow, thanks for the very thorough reply, Todd. Let me respond to a couple portions...

Sounds like the RT series would suffice just fine and I probably would gain a whole lot from jumping to the LS series. Just what I was hoping to hear!!

I’m starting to question my choice of surrounds and ceiling speakers. Instead of the RC85/80 setup, I’m looking at just using MC80s in all six positions. The MC80s seems to have a bit better overall sound quality compared to the RCs and my OCD suggests there is something good to be said about uniformity of six matching speakers compared to four circles and two rectangles (which are different sized rectangles from the 265s up front). My brain is weird like that sometimes. I doesn’t sound like surrounds and ceilings need to have the “perfection” of sound you would be more concerned about up front. Would the MC80 doing well enough in the LS and RS positions even though they are technically supposed to be “in-ceiling” rather than “in-wall”? Regarding the 70RTs, I don’t have anywhere near enough vertical clearance in the ceiling to install those, which is unfortunate because I’ve heard nothing but excellent reviews about them!

In terms of the sub... I have to consider the WAF strongly here. With the PL200, anything higher than about 4/10 and I already feel the glare coming my way and I worry about her ocular muscles as the sharp snap and rolling of her eyes could cause great damage. In the future, I may well consider adding a second sub and running them both at significantly lower volumes to improve the overall sound quality. Thus far, though, the PL200 hasn’t shown any problems filling the room without losing definition.

Finally, thanks so much for the response regarding the Atmos speaker placement. I’m honestly not sure if LOS would be blocked by the soffit, so I’ll need to check that out. If I can move the MLP back just slightly, I probably could avoid that, but I also want to take advantage of every single pixel on the 75” 4K screen. Going much beyond the currently-planned 13’ starts to get beyond the recommended viewing position. I would definitely put the rears on the bottom of the soffit, not the front. I *think* the Audyssey should be able to handle that without much problem, as you mentioned, if I did need to install them there. I definitely don’t want to go with 5.1.2 with the expectation of upgrading later. I want to run all the wires before finishing and get everything in place. Based on the Dolby recommendations, the ceiling placement for .2 vs .4 would mean I’d have to move the fronts farther forward and then dealing with patching the ceiling. No thanks. I’ll just do it all now.
Todd G. likes this.
post #45704 of 45710 Old 03-21-2020, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Wow, thanks for the very thorough reply, Todd. Let me respond to a couple portions...

Sounds like the RT series would suffice just fine and I probably would gain a whole lot from jumping to the LS series. Just what I was hoping to hear!!

I’m starting to question my choice of surrounds and ceiling speakers. Instead of the RC85/80 setup, I’m looking at just using MC80s in all six positions. The MC80s seems to have a bit better overall sound quality compared to the RCs and my OCD suggests there is something good to be said about uniformity of six matching speakers compared to four circles and two rectangles (which are different sized rectangles from the 265s up front). My brain is weird like that sometimes. I doesn’t sound like surrounds and ceilings need to have the “perfection” of sound you would be more concerned about up front. Would the MC80 doing well enough in the LS and RS positions even though they are technically supposed to be “in-ceiling” rather than “in-wall”? Regarding the 70RTs, I don’t have anywhere near enough vertical clearance in the ceiling to install those, which is unfortunate because I’ve heard nothing but excellent reviews about them!

In terms of the sub... I have to consider the WAF strongly here. With the PL200, anything higher than about 4/10 and I already feel the glare coming my way and I worry about her ocular muscles as the sharp snap and rolling of her eyes could cause great damage. In the future, I may well consider adding a second sub and running them both at significantly lower volumes to improve the overall sound quality. Thus far, though, the PL200 hasn’t shown any problems filling the room without losing definition.

Finally, thanks so much for the response regarding the Atmos speaker placement. I’m honestly not sure if LOS would be blocked by the soffit, so I’ll need to check that out. If I can move the MLP back just slightly, I probably could avoid that, but I also want to take advantage of every single pixel on the 75” 4K screen. Going much beyond the currently-planned 13’ starts to get beyond the recommended viewing position. I would definitely put the rears on the bottom of the soffit, not the front. I *think* the Audyssey should be able to handle that without much problem, as you mentioned, if I did need to install them there. I definitely don’t want to go with 5.1.2 with the expectation of upgrading later. I want to run all the wires before finishing and get everything in place. Based on the Dolby recommendations, the ceiling placement for .2 vs .4 would mean I’d have to move the fronts farther forward and then dealing with patching the ceiling. No thanks. I’ll just do it all now.

Fair enough.

I count myself fortunate that, after nearly 25 years of marriage, my wife hasn’t pushed back much with my A/V purchases. The Hsu sub upstairs is as tall as the sofa armrest, so it isn’t especially subtle. She supports my hobby and enjoys the results. We watched The Greatest Showman (again) in the theater room last night and enjoyed it all—the subs get a chance to shine and she does not complain.

FWIW, I’ve had to work hard to overcome some OCD as it pertains to my A/V stuff. In many cases, the science and testimonials/experience of others helped me to overcome my own reservations and stubbornness. In the end, your journey is your own and you need to be satisfied with your investment and the end result. So do what you feel you need to in order to achieve your goals.

Basement bat cave: JVC RS2000 (calibrated), 100" 16:9 Stewart StudioTek 130, Denon AVR-X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Polk RTi A7 towers/CSi A6 center/65RT in-wall side surrounds (2)/70RT in-ceiling Atmos (4), dual PSA V1811 subwoofers
post #45705 of 45710 Old 03-21-2020, 08:02 AM

Thanks again.

Any opinions on going with MC80s in all six non-front positions compared to the RC80i and RC85i options?
post #45706 of 45710 Old 03-21-2020, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Thanks again.

Any opinions on going with MC80s in all six non-front positions compared to the RC80i and RC85i options?

I don’t have experience with those particular speakers, but others here may be able to offer some good insight.

post #45707 of 45710 Old 03-22-2020, 05:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Today seems like a great day to stay home, and away from all the hectic grocery stores. I think a movie marathon is in order so that I can exercise my Polks. I'm thinking Heat, followed by Takers, and maybe Den of Thieves. The bullets will be flying. LOL
Geoff4RFC likes this.

WDTV Live SMP with WD EX4100 NAS
Polk RTI8 Front, Polk CSI5 Center, Polk RTI4 Surround
MTX SW2 12” SUB, Sharp AQUOS LC-70C6400U
URC-WR7 Universal Remote
Motorola QIP7232 (P2) FIOS DVR, Sony BDP-S590 Blu Ray Player
Marantz SR5010 AVR,Technics SL-B20 Turntable
post #45708 of 45710 Old 03-22-2020, 08:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post
Today seems like a great day to stay home, and away from all the hectic grocery stores. I think a movie marathon is in order so that I can exercise my Polks. I'm thinking Heat, followed by Takers, and maybe Den of Thieves. The bullets will be flying. LOL
Today I had to git the grocery store, not to bad at 7am then bagel and doughnut shop for the family breakfast food and in support of local businesses we would like to see after lock down. Dinner with local pizza then setting up the old polk monitor 45s in the garage hobby room and listened to some kfox on the stereo to dial it in and exercise.
Going to probably pick up a Schitt Ragnarok for my den and have my lsim 703 up and running again which will be nice since I have been living with just headphones in the den for this last week and at the end of the day it will be nice to get som stereo again.
Geoff4RFC likes this.
post #45709 of 45710 Old 03-24-2020, 09:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked: 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post
I'm witchu man!!! Taking some time off from work, my B-day is next week, I will officially be "old" but man, been digging the movies....and got me some new CD's, a little remastered stuff from that little ol band from Texas...oh yeah...

Set up:
Marantz AV8802A w/Pangea Premium XLR's-Source: Panasonic 9000-CD Player: Emotiva ERC 3 w/Pangea Premium XLR's
Display: LG OLED 65 8B-Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2
Mains: PolkAudio LSiM707, C 706, SS 702, RS RTiA9
post #45710 of 45710 Old 03-25-2020, 08:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Quote:
I'm witchu man!!! Taking some time off from work, my B-day is next week, I will officially be "old" but man, been digging the movies....and got me some new CD's, a little remastered stuff from that little ol band from Texas...oh yeah...
Nice!

WDTV Live SMP with WD EX4100 NAS
Polk RTI8 Front, Polk CSI5 Center, Polk RTI4 Surround
MTX SW2 12” SUB, Sharp AQUOS LC-70C6400U
URC-WR7 Universal Remote
Motorola QIP7232 (P2) FIOS DVR, Sony BDP-S590 Blu Ray Player
Marantz SR5010 AVR,Technics SL-B20 Turntable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio , Polk Audio Csi5 High Performance Center Channel Speaker , polk audio lsim , Polk Audio Monitor 30 Bookshelf Speakers Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor Series Cs1 Center Channel Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Polk Audio R50 Floorstanding Speakers Each , Polk Audio Rti4 High Performance Bookshelf On Wall Speakers , Polk Audio Rti6 High Performance Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Polk Audio Rti8 High Output Floorstanding Loudspeaker Single Black , Polk Audio Surroundbar 4000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Su , Polk Audio Three Way Vanishing Rt Series In Ceiling Speaker 70 Rt , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page