**Official RBH Owner's Thread** - Page 30 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 90Likes

post #871 of 889 Old 06-15-2019, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Forgive the mess. Reconfiguring in a new house, so need to get positioning set before I tear into the walls and ceiling.

I just got sv661r's and a sv661cr for upfront, and sv61r's for surrounds, and all I can say is WOW! A marked and visceral improvement from my previous Focal 807v (these will be used for sure, they are really nice), 800cc, in wall surrounds setup.

The hyper clarity and incredible accuracy are something I have not experienced before. Having all the bed speakers exactly timbre matched offers channel transitions that are seemless. One of the largest noticeable differences immediately is that these things get loud, but still sound great...no fatigue or harsh highs and super clean, separated mids.

Next up is to upgrade my dual subs from Sunfire hrs-12's (these things are performing well, but struggle sub 30hz). That'll round out the sound.

Hopefully by then I can get a carpenter in here to help me redo this built-in the previous owners left for me. Good idea, bad design. Until then I'll just keep everything pulled out as is.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
darrob104 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 889 Old 06-16-2019, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogonzalezzz View Post
this thread has slowed down since they discontinued the previous impression series which i own the towers and huge center.
i wonder how the company is doing financially now
Who knows? There is a massive amount of competition now from other internet companies as well as the main brands stepping up with budget offerings. I did really enjoy the R5Bi and the Impression series subwoofer while I had them and I would certainly look at RBH again if I needed more speakers.
post #873 of 889 Old 06-17-2019, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogonzalezzz View Post
...i wonder how the company is doing financially now
Something that is maybe unique about RBH Sound is that you can email or call them and you will get a human response. You can actually call and speak with someone in management!

I had never heard of them before I fell in love with their Signature SV stuff and dropped what for me was an enormous amount of money and have been thrilled that I did it.

I suspect that despite their low profile they likely do a lot of OEM business.
darrob104 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #874 of 889 Old 06-17-2019, 10:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1893 Post(s)
Liked: 2018
I think RBH has always done most of its business through dealers/installers...however, it is clearly true that on this message board, RBH got a lot more talk about the old impression series than the new one!
darrob104 likes this.

Set up #1: EMP e5Ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, SVS NSD SB12 sub, Marantz Slimeline 1504 AV receiver
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and EMPtek10i10i sub, Denon 1910 AV receiver
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only, Yamaha RXV-363 AV receiver
post #875 of 889 Old 06-17-2019, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
All I can say is, if you have a chance to hear their signature line...do it!

Then compare to the signature reference line and you should be all set.

Of course there is always the SVTR modular towers to wish for.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
darrob104 likes this.
post #876 of 889 Old 06-19-2019, 08:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I couldn't agree more about the RBH Signature series of speakers... I too started with the RBH Impressions (previous line) and was impressed. So much so that I upgraded to the Signature Reference series before I even completed installing the Impressions (atmos & surrounds). I'm now running a 2.1 Signature Reference setup in my front room for music only, and love it!

Not sure why the new Impression line hasn't generated more interest... maybe the price point is a bit high... maybe the lack of a 'matching' sub... I'm not sure, but those I've talked to that have heard them really like them (which is only about 2 people)... My Impressions were the Burl Red and looked great! My wife was disappointed when I replaced them with Signatures (black oak) because the Impressions "looked great and sounded just fine". I know that the Red Burl finish was a big selling factor for me because they looked great.

Home Theater: RBH Signature Reference Speakers 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos | Rythmik FV-18 Subs (x2)
LG 65" OLED C7 | Marantz AV7703 | Outlaw 7700 & 5000 | OPPO UPD-203 | XBOX One X
Front Room: RBH 61-SE/r | RBH SX-1010/r Sub | Vizio M602i-B3 | Marantz SR7009 | Denon DVD-1930CI
post #877 of 889 Old 06-19-2019, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrob104 View Post
I couldn't agree more about the RBH Signature series of speakers... I too started with the RBH Impressions (previous line) and was impressed. So much so that I upgraded to the Signature Reference series before I even completed installing the Impressions (atmos & surrounds). I'm now running a 2.1 Signature Reference setup in my front room for music only, and love it!

Not sure why the new Impression line hasn't generated more interest... maybe the price point is a bit high... maybe the lack of a 'matching' sub... I'm not sure, but those I've talked to that have heard them really like them (which is only about 2 people)... My Impressions were the Burl Red and looked great! My wife was disappointed when I replaced them with Signatures (black oak) because the Impressions "looked great and sounded just fine". I know that the Red Burl finish was a big selling factor for me because they looked great.
Agreed on that red burl finish. I still have my R5Bis lying around, although they are hardly used, and they just look great. Good sounding as well. They certainly served me well. I guess the price jump to the newer impression line put them in a more competitive group. It is too bad we don't hear more about them here.
darrob104 likes this.
post #878 of 889 Old 06-19-2019, 09:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I have the Sig SV towers/center/surrounds in the Rosewood finish, and whenever I am unhappy I can go into my HT and gaze upon their beauty and I feel better about the world once again!

Dunno who RBH's cabinet maker is but they do just an awesome job.

darrob104 likes this.
post #879 of 889 Old 06-19-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33vious View Post
Agreed on that red burl finish. I still have my R5Bis lying around, although they are hardly used, and they just look great. Good sounding as well. They certainly served me well. I guess the price jump to the newer impression line put them in a more competitive group. It is too bad we don't hear more about them here.
I still have an unopened pair of Red Burl R5Bi's... Had purchased them for my office, but still haven't set them up... I've been working in my front room using a laptop (where I have my 2.1 listening system) instead of in my office...

Home Theater: RBH Signature Reference Speakers 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos | Rythmik FV-18 Subs (x2)
LG 65" OLED C7 | Marantz AV7703 | Outlaw 7700 & 5000 | OPPO UPD-203 | XBOX One X
Front Room: RBH 61-SE/r | RBH SX-1010/r Sub | Vizio M602i-B3 | Marantz SR7009 | Denon DVD-1930CI
post #880 of 889 Old 06-19-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserfan View Post
I have the Sig SV towers/center/surrounds in the Rosewood finish, and whenever I am unhappy I can go into my HT and gaze upon their beauty and I feel better about the world once again!

Dunno who RBH's cabinet maker is but they do just an awesome job.

Ironically, I believe they had problems with the cabinet maker who made the old Impressions due, in part to the inconsistencies with the Red Burl finish from batch to batch. It seems to me they changed cabinet makers for the new Impressions and did away with the Red Burl finish to eliminate those issues.

All I have to do is close my eyes and listen to the Signatures and I forget they are 'only' black oak....
Laserfan likes this.

Last edited by darrob104; 06-19-2019 at 10:08 AM.
post #881 of 889 Old 06-25-2019, 07:12 AM

RBH issued a press release yesterday.... Roger has retired and has sold the company... hopefully it'll be business as usual, though!

https://rbhsound.com/press.php
Laserfan likes this.

post #882 of 889 Old 07-03-2019, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Greetings,

New to this forum.

I am considering RBH Signature series towers and have some questions (I have looked through some pages, but have not read all of them). So, apologies if this has been answered.

1. Are those speakers mostly USA made/assembled?
2. Are there sales from the manufacturer from time to time? Or is there a good used market for those towers? They are a bit over my planned budget.
3. Any one using them with the tube amps? Comments?

Thanks so much.
post #883 of 889 Old 07-03-2019, 07:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie999 View Post
Greetings,

New to this forum.

I am considering RBH Signature series towers and have some questions (I have looked through some pages, but have not read all of them). So, apologies if this has been answered.

2. Are there sales from the manufacturer from time to time? Or is there a good used market for those towers? They are a bit over my planned budget.

Thanks so much.
I have the Signature Reference Towers/Center/Bookshelf (as surrounds) in Rosewood, the Reference with the Aurum Cantus AMT tweeters:

1. Yes they are assembled in Utah and ship from there, though I believe at least the tweets are from China. Not sure where their cabinet-maker is located, but I believe it to be a USA company also (and the woodwork is awesome).
2. I have never seen a sale on the Signature series from the mfr, though you can no doubt find a local reseller who will offer discounts. Never looked for, nor have I tripped-across any used spkrs. Note they are physically very imposing and shipment demands special handling.
3. What's a "tube amp"?

darrob104 likes this.
post #884 of 889 Old 07-03-2019, 07:57 AM

Thanks.

I meant using tube (valve) amplifier as opposed to the solid state.
post #885 of 889 Old 07-03-2019, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks.

I meant using tube (valve) amplifier as opposed to the solid state.
I knew that. That's what the was about.

Anyway you get a bump!
post #886 of 889 Old 07-03-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserfan View Post
I knew that. That's what the was about.

Anyway you get a bump!
Sorry. Too early in the morning. Not all there yet.
post #887 of 889 Old 07-03-2019, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Greetings,

New to this forum.

Thanks so much.
I have the Signature, the older style of the T1 and T2 for the LCR. They are amazing speakers. I live close to their HQ, so I was able to get a good deal on some B stock. I've had them for ~ 10 + years. Love them. Never any issues, I believe they are manufactured in China and assembled in Utah. Love them. If you get them, I don't think you will regret the sound.

I started out with the line below and then when I went to buy, Roger was there and offered me a deal I couldn't refuse.

I use them with a Denon receiver. I know I could add a separate amp to the T1. I don't think I'm touching the power they could use. They are plenty loud enough for me.
post #888 of 889 Old 07-07-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Greetings,

New to this forum.

Thanks so much.
I own the SX Signature Reference series (6300 towers, center, surrounds, bookshelves)... These are a generation older (SV is the current generation) and I picked them up at a significant discount during a black friday sale 18 months ago. However, the SX stuff is sold out now...

As previously mentioned, check and see if there's a local authorized dealer who you can work with. I've heard mentioned that you can get discounts through them. I know that RBH can't discount their Signature series when buying from them directly due to contractual commitments with their dealers.

I live just a couple of miles from RBH HQ and watch the local classified ads (ksl.com classifieds) and have picked up some great speakers locally for my secondary audio-only listening system. It's a great source for finding RBH speakers, but most sellers are leery about out-of-town buyers due to the frequent fraud attempts. Currently there aren't any towers for sale, but just a couple of weeks ago, someone was selling a pair of the T1 or T2 towers...

For more info, I recommend calling into RBH and talking with John (or Brian, or Darren) to ask whatever questions you have. They are great to work with! They will confirm where their speakers are made.

Good luck!
Laserfan likes this.

post #889 of 889 Old 07-08-2019, 03:42 PM

Thanks.
That is what I did. Contacted them via the e-mail. Got a fast response and all questions answered. Great CS!
Laserfan and darrob104 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page