Definitive Owners Thread - Page 1280 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3813Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #38371 of 41547 Old 02-08-2018, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,342
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1587 Post(s)
Liked: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSpan View Post
Objectively yes, the sound quality will be altered, but impossible to say how or how much without actually firing it up and listening; always possible that you may not even really notice a difference, particularly since it's a ceiling speaker rather than a front in a stereo system. You can try to pop it back out with a vacuum if you'd like but have to be careful not to damage it further.
Well, I damaged it further now :chuckle:

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and replace it (pair) with a DI 8R. Currently they are DT 6.5R. Apparently the DI series is an upgrade...

Sony XBR-77A9G / Panasonic DP-UB9000 / Marantz SR7011 / SVS PB-4000 / Def Tech 9060 Series
pbz06 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #38372 of 41547 Old 02-08-2018, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 914
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
Well, I damaged it further now :chuckle:

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and replace it (pair) with a DI 8R. Currently they are DT 6.5R. Apparently the DI series is an upgrade...
Win some, lose some You going to connect it first to see if it really sounds different? Assuming of course that the extra damage didn't render it effectively inoperable.
KSpan is online now  
post #38373 of 41547 Old 02-08-2018, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,342
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1587 Post(s)
Liked: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSpan View Post
Win some, lose some You going to connect it first to see if it really sounds different? Assuming of course that the extra damage didn't render it effectively inoperable.
It's connected and works...just an excuse now to upgrade. I've been wanting a little more oomph from my Atmos speakers. In my last place, they were fine but in the new house they are a bit higher and I want them to register closer to 80-100hz at -3dB. The DT6.5r are more in the 120-150hz range.

Sony XBR-77A9G / Panasonic DP-UB9000 / Marantz SR7011 / SVS PB-4000 / Def Tech 9060 Series
pbz06 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #38374 of 41547 Old 02-08-2018, 11:40 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Made a post on another thread before i seen a def tech one. Im green please bare with me.....i own some of these.

8020st pro 1000 studio 350's and pro monitor 800's can anyone tell me what the operating ohms on these are. I believe another member mentioned the 8020 being at 8 ohms


thank you.
newbiejm is offline  
post #38375 of 41547 Old 02-08-2018, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Falconsfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,356
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1656 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiejm View Post
Made a post on another thread before i seen a def tech one. Im green please bare with me.....i own some of these.



8020st pro 1000 studio 350's and pro monitor 800's can anyone tell me what the operating ohms on these are. I believe another member mentioned the 8020 being at 8 ohms





thank you.

I believe all of those speakers are 8 ohms. Can I ask why? Are you researching different options or getting a new AVR?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ALtlOff likes this.

Denon X4300H * Def Tech BP8080st front L/R * Def Tech CLR2002 center * Def Tech ProMonitor 800 surrounds (x4) * Hsu VTF-3 MK5 HP sub * Outlaw OAW4 wireless sub kit * Vizio 60" 4K HDRtv * Sony UBP-X800 Bluray * PS4 * AC Infinity S9 AVR fan
Falconsfan71 is offline  
post #38376 of 41547 Old 02-08-2018, 04:40 PM
Member
 
ccoates's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: CO
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I just want to make a post to say that Definitive Technology customer service is awesome.

I have a 10 year old ProSub 800 that had a bad amplifier. I decided to call the Def Tech customer service line just to see what my options were. After talking with the rep for about 10 minutes and diagnosing the problem, they asked me for my address. They then explained that they would be shipping me out a new amplifier and instructions on how to replace the broken one. And they were doing this for no charge.

I was very impressed that a company would stand by their products like this. I purchased this sub-woofer about 10 years ago, so it was long past its warranty. Now that is customer support. I already own several Def Tech speakers, but I know for sure I will be sticking with them when I am ready to upgrade again.
johnny hotsauce and j4894 like this.
ccoates is offline  
post #38377 of 41547 Old 02-08-2018, 04:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3,480
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1980 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoates View Post
I just want to make a post to say that Definitive Technology customer service is awesome.

I have a 10 year old ProSub 800 that had a bad amplifier. I decided to call the Def Tech customer service line just to see what my options were. After talking with the rep for about 10 minutes and diagnosing the problem, they asked me for my address. They then explained that they would be shipping me out a new amplifier and instructions on how to replace the broken one. And they were doing this for no charge.

I was very impressed that a company would stand by their products like this. I purchased this sub-woofer about 10 years ago, so it was long past its warranty. Now that is customer support. I already own several Def Tech speakers, but I know for sure I will be sticking with them when I am ready to upgrade again.
Again I'm extremely happy for you but now I'm very, very pissed off at Def Tech. I have literally spent thousands, upon thousands of dollars on Def Tech speakers. I have had bought upwards of 15 different speakers. I have given them awesome reviews, and recommended them to everyone I know. I have been email them and Chet in particular for years, literally years. When my SCII died it was "that'll be 200 bucks please". Again I'm super duper happy for you, please don't get me wrong at all. Just annoyed they did not offer anything like this, just a bill for an amp to a 10 year old sub.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Hetfieldjames is offline  
post #38378 of 41547 Old 02-08-2018, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Falconsfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,356
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1656 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Definitive Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoates View Post
I just want to make a post to say that Definitive Technology customer service is awesome.



I have a 10 year old ProSub 800 that had a bad amplifier. I decided to call the Def Tech customer service line just to see what my options were. After talking with the rep for about 10 minutes and diagnosing the problem, they asked me for my address. They then explained that they would be shipping me out a new amplifier and instructions on how to replace the broken one. And they were doing this for no charge.



I was very impressed that a company would stand by their products like this. I purchased this sub-woofer about 10 years ago, so it was long past its warranty. Now that is customer support. I already own several Def Tech speakers, but I know for sure I will be sticking with them when I am ready to upgrade again.

Yes they are awesome! I’ve spoke to Adam several times and Chet even once or twice. If they diagnose an issue with you and still have the parts then nine times out of ten they will send it to you free of charge. So yes, they have great customer service and support to go along with their great speakers.

They are now owned by Sound United which also owns Polk.. if I’m correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denon X4300H * Def Tech BP8080st front L/R * Def Tech CLR2002 center * Def Tech ProMonitor 800 surrounds (x4) * Hsu VTF-3 MK5 HP sub * Outlaw OAW4 wireless sub kit * Vizio 60" 4K HDRtv * Sony UBP-X800 Bluray * PS4 * AC Infinity S9 AVR fan

Last edited by Falconsfan71; 02-08-2018 at 07:07 PM.
Falconsfan71 is offline  
post #38379 of 41547 Old 02-08-2018, 04:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Falconsfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,356
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1656 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Definitive Owners Thread

Delete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pbz06 likes this.

Denon X4300H * Def Tech BP8080st front L/R * Def Tech CLR2002 center * Def Tech ProMonitor 800 surrounds (x4) * Hsu VTF-3 MK5 HP sub * Outlaw OAW4 wireless sub kit * Vizio 60" 4K HDRtv * Sony UBP-X800 Bluray * PS4 * AC Infinity S9 AVR fan

Last edited by Falconsfan71; 02-08-2018 at 07:06 PM.
Falconsfan71 is offline  
post #38380 of 41547 Old 02-09-2018, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,342
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1587 Post(s)
Liked: 1375
Ok so I got to do some testing with the towers (bp9060) using LFE connection again in the new house and I'm a little stuck for different reasons now...this is fed through Marantz SR7011. I have pre-out 1 going to the towers with a y-splitter. I have pre-out 2 going to the HSU VTF sub.

When I go into test tones from the AVR menu, and put the volume to max and level the speakers to 75dB, it's all good and dandy. This includes the subwoofer 1 (first individually and then together) and 2 levels. The dial on the towers is at about the half-way point for each.

However, when I run Audyssey XT32 and it gets to the SW Level Matching prompt...it's way too high so I have to drop the knob down to the 9 o'clock position. The problem this creates is that it then doesn't register the front towers as "full/large" and picks up only the highs at 150hz. It also just feels too low when I tried demo material. Anything higher on the knob seems to pick up the full range but then the AVR trim is at -12 (max) and doesn't seem right.

(1) Any ideas? How come the subwoofer rumbles in the AVR menu are much lower (and easily hit 75dB) than when matching them with the Audyssey? There seems to be a big discrepancy there of about 15dB.

(2) Should I scrap the LFE on towers and run them Full Range? In my previous home, Small/40hz (speaker wire only) gave me the best and cleanest results.

Sony XBR-77A9G / Panasonic DP-UB9000 / Marantz SR7011 / SVS PB-4000 / Def Tech 9060 Series
pbz06 is online now  
post #38381 of 41547 Old 02-09-2018, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Falconsfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,356
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1656 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
Ok so I got to do some testing with the towers (bp9060) using LFE connection again in the new house and I'm a little stuck for different reasons now...this is fed through Marantz SR7011. I have pre-out 1 going to the towers with a y-splitter. I have pre-out 2 going to the HSU VTF sub.



When I go into test tones from the AVR menu, and put the volume to max and level the speakers to 75dB, it's all good and dandy. This includes the subwoofer 1 (first individually and then together) and 2 levels. The dial on the towers is at about the half-way point for each.



However, when I run Audyssey XT32 and it gets to the SW Level Matching prompt...it's way too high so I have to drop the knob down to the 9 o'clock position. The problem this creates is that it then doesn't register the front towers as "full/large" and picks up only the highs at 150hz. It also just feels too low when I tried demo material. Anything higher on the knob seems to pick up the full range but then the AVR trim is at -12 (max) and doesn't seem right.



(1) Any ideas? How come the subwoofer rumbles in the AVR menu are much lower (and easily hit 75dB) than when matching them with the Audyssey? There seems to be a big discrepancy there of about 15dB.



(2) Should I scrap the LFE on towers and run them Full Range? In my previous home, Small/40hz (speaker wire only) gave me the best and cleanest results.


You may know, I have the same setup pretty much.. BP8080’s, CLR2002, four PM800’s, and a VTF-3 MK5 sub. I’ve went through the same thing as you. I like the LFE option better mostly because my Hsu is not localized using that method. I have both towers around 10 o’clock on the gain. I used a C-weighted SPL meter along with the Audyssey “Level Match” to make sure both the tower subs were identical. To do that I ran a sub cable to each tower separately. Then I used a Y-Splitter and ran the tower subs as Sub1 and the Hsu as Sub2. After Audyssey it had the towers as Small @ 40hz. The tower subs were around -9.5 and the Hsu was -7.5 in the AVR Levels if I remember correctly. I have them at -8.0 and -4.0 now and it’s a nice blend to me. I experimented with the front crossovers before I bumped the subs. I tried 40, 60, and 80hz and to me 60hz sounded better and everything blended better. I don’t want my bass too boomy either. I have the Denon X4300H.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denon X4300H * Def Tech BP8080st front L/R * Def Tech CLR2002 center * Def Tech ProMonitor 800 surrounds (x4) * Hsu VTF-3 MK5 HP sub * Outlaw OAW4 wireless sub kit * Vizio 60" 4K HDRtv * Sony UBP-X800 Bluray * PS4 * AC Infinity S9 AVR fan
Falconsfan71 is offline  
post #38382 of 41547 Old 02-09-2018, 12:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,342
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1587 Post(s)
Liked: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconsfan71 View Post
You may know, I have the same setup pretty much.. BP8080’s, CLR2002, four PM800’s, and a VTF-3 MK5 sub. I’ve went through the same thing as you. I like the LFE option better mostly because my Hsu is not localized using that method. I have both towers around 10 o’clock on the gain. I used a C-weighted SPL meter along with the Audyssey “Level Match” to make sure both the tower subs were identical. To do that I ran a sub cable to each tower separately. Then I used a Y-Splitter and ran the tower subs as Sub1 and the Hsu as Sub2. After Audyssey it had the towers as Small @ 40hz. The tower subs were around -9.5 and the Hsu was -7.5 in the AVR Levels if I remember correctly. I have them at -8.0 and -4.0 now and it’s a nice blend to me. I experimented with the front crossovers before I bumped the subs. I tried 40, 60, and 80hz and to me 60hz sounded better and everything blended better. I don’t want my bass too boomy either. I have the Denon X4300H.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea I remember you went through that process. When you do the level matching through Audyssey, does it register the same dB as when you do the internal test tones?

After I run calibration, when I check the internal test tones the subwoofer levels are about 10dB lower than the other channels. And like I said, if I do it the other way (match internal first), the audyssey subwoofer level matching says it's too high so when I dial down the knob to 9 o'clock, it doesn't pick up the woofer in the fronts at all and registers them as 150hz.

When I tried a hair higher than 9 o'clock, I got it to register as 40hz/small but the AVR clipping shows it maxed to -12.

I guess, if I raise that back to 75 dB using my SPL meter, it should still be "calibrated" correct?

Sony XBR-77A9G / Panasonic DP-UB9000 / Marantz SR7011 / SVS PB-4000 / Def Tech 9060 Series
pbz06 is online now  
post #38383 of 41547 Old 02-09-2018, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SW FL
Posts: 865
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Liked: 387
@Falconsfan71


I've been following along for some time and know you've been through a number of upgrades. I've got a bit of the upgrade itch myself lately.


Based on some of your comments and the posting by ALtlOff ranking Def Tech's speakers (thanks for the ranking BTW, ALtlOff), I'm thinking a center upgrade would provide the best bang for the buck for me right now. So I'm curious, what specific improvements did you notice going from the PC2000 to the C/L/R 2002?


From what I've noticed with the PC2000, deep male voices are fairly clear about 90% of the time. So there is definitely room for improvement there. But off axis, it's not very good at all. So I'm wondering if you noticed any improvement in that respect as well as any other improvements you might have noticed.


Also, do you have any experience with the newer CS series centers?


Thanks in advance.

5.1: Power - Denon 4308ci, Fronts - Def Tech BP9040's, Center - Def Tech CLR 2000, Surrounds - Def Tech PM1000's, Sub's - Rythmik E15HP x2, Display - Panasonic TC-55AS530U, TT - Rega Planar 2 w/ Dynavector 10x5

Last edited by derekmoore; 02-09-2018 at 12:25 PM.
derekmoore is offline  
post #38384 of 41547 Old 02-09-2018, 12:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Falconsfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,356
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1656 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
Yea I remember you went through that process. When you do the level matching through Audyssey, does it register the same dB as when you do the internal test tones?



After I run calibration, when I check the internal test tones the subwoofer levels are about 10dB lower than the other channels. And like I said, if I do it the other way (match internal first), the audyssey subwoofer level matching says it's too high so when I dial down the knob to 9 o'clock, it doesn't pick up the woofer in the fronts at all and registers them as 150hz.



When I tried a hair higher than 9 o'clock, I got it to register as 40hz/small but the AVR clipping shows it maxed to -12.



I guess, if I raise that back to 75 dB using my SPL meter, it should still be "calibrated" correct?


I’m still pretty new to this myself but have been told not to rely on those test tones after calibration. From what I understand.. and with my Denon.. if I go to the “test tones” and turn the volume up to 0 my speakers should be at 75db and the subs should be between 78-80db. You get different opinions and mixed advice on here. I’m not into all the specs and db’s and +/- db’s and what does what. I just know my setup sounds really good to me!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denon X4300H * Def Tech BP8080st front L/R * Def Tech CLR2002 center * Def Tech ProMonitor 800 surrounds (x4) * Hsu VTF-3 MK5 HP sub * Outlaw OAW4 wireless sub kit * Vizio 60" 4K HDRtv * Sony UBP-X800 Bluray * PS4 * AC Infinity S9 AVR fan
Falconsfan71 is offline  
post #38385 of 41547 Old 02-09-2018, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Falconsfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,356
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1656 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Definitive Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmoore View Post
@Falconsfan71


I've been following along for some time and know you've been through a number of upgrades. I've got a bit of the upgrade itch myself lately.


Based on some of your comments and the posting by ALtlOff ranking Def Tech's speakers (thanks for the ranking BTW, ALtlOff), I'm thinking a center upgrade would provide the best bang for the buck for me right now. So I'm curious, what specific improvements did you notice going from the PC2000 to the C/L/R 2002?


From what I've noticed with the PC2000, deep male voices are fairly clear about 90% of the time. So there is definitely room for improvement there. But off axis, it's not very good at all. So I'm wondering if you noticed any improvement in that respect as well as any other improvements you might have noticed.


Also, do you have any experience with the newer CS series centers?


Thanks in advance.

Each step up for me was an improvement.. from 600 to 1000 to 2000 to now the CLR2002. I bought it used eBay in great condition for less than a new “open box” ProCenter 1000 costs. Each time I ran calibration I could tell a difference in the tones while calibrating and the lower Crossover each time. I could tell a difference immediately when I popped in “I Am Legend” at the beginning when he’s in the GT500 chasing the deer.. I was like “wow! That’s what I’ve been missing!”. I have heard the CS9080 and really like it. I’ll be honest, and some here will disagree, but I really like the newer BP9080’s and CS9080. I like the sound and the design. I just wish they offered the BP9080’s without the height module.. and for less $ of course. I like the look of the 9060’s but I wouldn’t have them because they have 4.5” drivers. I’ll never go less than 5.25” again. I wish they’d put 6”-6.5” drivers in the towers again!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denon X4300H * Def Tech BP8080st front L/R * Def Tech CLR2002 center * Def Tech ProMonitor 800 surrounds (x4) * Hsu VTF-3 MK5 HP sub * Outlaw OAW4 wireless sub kit * Vizio 60" 4K HDRtv * Sony UBP-X800 Bluray * PS4 * AC Infinity S9 AVR fan

Last edited by Falconsfan71; 02-09-2018 at 12:57 PM.
Falconsfan71 is offline  
post #38386 of 41547 Old 02-09-2018, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SW FL
Posts: 865
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconsfan71 View Post
Each step up for me was an improvement.. from 600 to 1000 to 2000 to now the CLR2002. I bought it used eBay in great condition for less than a new “open box” ProCenter 1000 costs. Each time I ran calibration I could tell a difference in the tones while calibrating and the lower Crossover each time. I could tell a difference immediately when I popped in “I Am Legend” at the beginning when he’s in the GT500 chasing the deer.. I was like “wow! That’s what I’ve been missing!”. I have heard the CS9080 and really like it. I’ll be honest, and some here will disagree, but I really like the newer BP9080’s and CS9080. I like the sound and the design. I just wish they offered the BP9080’s without the height module.. and for less $ of course. I like the look of the 9060’s but I wouldn’t have them because they have 4.5” drivers. I’ll never go less than 5.25” again. I wish they’d put 6”-6.5” drivers in the towers again!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the insight. I'll probably keep my eyes open for a used deal.


I agree with you about BP9080's BTW. I heard them at a Magnolia room and liked them better than the Martin Logan ELS's and the B&W when they ran without a sub. The sales guy tried to push me to the B&W's, which were over 5K a pair, and failed to tell me he was using a sub w/ them vs the BP9080's which he demo'ed with out a sub. I had to inquire to find verify as I suspected something was up. Stand alone, the BP's were the best in the room based on the set up they had IMO. But I agree, if they came w/o the Atmos module I would have been more interested in them. For now though, I'm happy with the 9040's paired with the Rythmiks.


Thanks again.

5.1: Power - Denon 4308ci, Fronts - Def Tech BP9040's, Center - Def Tech CLR 2000, Surrounds - Def Tech PM1000's, Sub's - Rythmik E15HP x2, Display - Panasonic TC-55AS530U, TT - Rega Planar 2 w/ Dynavector 10x5
derekmoore is offline  
post #38387 of 41547 Old 02-09-2018, 01:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SW FL
Posts: 865
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconsfan71 View Post
Each step up for me was an improvement.. from 600 to 1000 to 2000 to now the CLR2002. I bought it used eBay in great condition for less than a new “open box” ProCenter 1000 costs. Each time I ran calibration I could tell a difference in the tones while calibrating and the lower Crossover each time. I could tell a difference immediately when I popped in “I Am Legend” at the beginning when he’s in the GT500 chasing the deer.. I was like “wow! That’s what I’ve been missing!”. I have heard the CS9080 and really like it. I’ll be honest, and some here will disagree, but I really like the newer BP9080’s and CS9080. I like the sound and the design. I just wish they offered the BP9080’s without the height module.. and for less $ of course. I like the look of the 9060’s but I wouldn’t have them because they have 4.5” drivers. I’ll never go less than 5.25” again. I wish they’d put 6”-6.5” drivers in the towers again!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, how about off axis, any improvement there with the CLR 2002?

5.1: Power - Denon 4308ci, Fronts - Def Tech BP9040's, Center - Def Tech CLR 2000, Surrounds - Def Tech PM1000's, Sub's - Rythmik E15HP x2, Display - Panasonic TC-55AS530U, TT - Rega Planar 2 w/ Dynavector 10x5
derekmoore is offline  
post #38388 of 41547 Old 02-09-2018, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Falconsfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,356
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1656 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmoore View Post
Oh, how about off axis, any improvement there with the CLR 2002?


Not sure what you’re asking?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denon X4300H * Def Tech BP8080st front L/R * Def Tech CLR2002 center * Def Tech ProMonitor 800 surrounds (x4) * Hsu VTF-3 MK5 HP sub * Outlaw OAW4 wireless sub kit * Vizio 60" 4K HDRtv * Sony UBP-X800 Bluray * PS4 * AC Infinity S9 AVR fan
Falconsfan71 is offline  
post #38389 of 41547 Old 02-09-2018, 01:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SW FL
Posts: 865
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconsfan71 View Post
Not sure what you’re asking?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have a great room situation. So often times we'll be watching a program or movie and might be doing some cooking or something else outside the main listening position. So I've noticed, we outside the sweet spot, vocals are much less discernable.


So I'm wondering if the CLR 2002 would address this. Or should I not expect any off axis improvement in vocal clarity when outside the MPL?

5.1: Power - Denon 4308ci, Fronts - Def Tech BP9040's, Center - Def Tech CLR 2000, Surrounds - Def Tech PM1000's, Sub's - Rythmik E15HP x2, Display - Panasonic TC-55AS530U, TT - Rega Planar 2 w/ Dynavector 10x5
derekmoore is offline  
post #38390 of 41547 Old 02-09-2018, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3,480
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1980 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmoore View Post
We have a great room situation. So often times we'll be watching a program or movie and might be doing some cooking or something else outside the main listening position. So I've noticed, we outside the sweet spot, vocals are much less discernable.


So I'm wondering if the CLR 2002 would address this. Or should I not expect any off axis improvement in vocal clarity when outside the MPL?
I have one that I'm not using, went in a completely different direction. It's a really great center channel. Good clarity, great with dialog.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Hetfieldjames is offline  
post #38391 of 41547 Old 02-09-2018, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SW FL
Posts: 865
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames View Post
I have one that I'm not using, went in a completely different direction. It's a really great center channel. Good clarity, great with dialog.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Care to sell it?


What are you using now?

5.1: Power - Denon 4308ci, Fronts - Def Tech BP9040's, Center - Def Tech CLR 2000, Surrounds - Def Tech PM1000's, Sub's - Rythmik E15HP x2, Display - Panasonic TC-55AS530U, TT - Rega Planar 2 w/ Dynavector 10x5
derekmoore is offline  
post #38392 of 41547 Old 02-09-2018, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3,480
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1980 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmoore View Post
Care to sell it?


What are you using now?
I just tried to send you a PM but it said you blocked private messages. Any way I went in a completely different direction. I had an idea to go with an all bookshelf speaker system so I have SM 65 LCR and SM 55 surrounds. I am willing to sell the clr2002. It has scratches on both end caps. I can send pics if you get me your cell number but don't do that in the general thread here. Private message would be best.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Hetfieldjames is offline  
post #38393 of 41547 Old 02-09-2018, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Falconsfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,356
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1656 Post(s)
Liked: 595
@Hetfieldjames and @derekmoore Be careful here when mentioning buying and selling and definitely don’t mention price. Send a private message...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denon X4300H * Def Tech BP8080st front L/R * Def Tech CLR2002 center * Def Tech ProMonitor 800 surrounds (x4) * Hsu VTF-3 MK5 HP sub * Outlaw OAW4 wireless sub kit * Vizio 60" 4K HDRtv * Sony UBP-X800 Bluray * PS4 * AC Infinity S9 AVR fan
Falconsfan71 is offline  
post #38394 of 41547 Old 02-09-2018, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Falconsfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,356
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1656 Post(s)
Liked: 595
@Hetfieldjames .. Yea, what center are you not using???


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denon X4300H * Def Tech BP8080st front L/R * Def Tech CLR2002 center * Def Tech ProMonitor 800 surrounds (x4) * Hsu VTF-3 MK5 HP sub * Outlaw OAW4 wireless sub kit * Vizio 60" 4K HDRtv * Sony UBP-X800 Bluray * PS4 * AC Infinity S9 AVR fan
Falconsfan71 is offline  
post #38395 of 41547 Old 02-09-2018, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3,480
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1980 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconsfan71 View Post
@Hetfieldjames and @derekmoore Be careful here when mentioning buying and selling and definitely don’t mention price. Send a private message...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True on that and can't send PM because he blocked them apparently.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Hetfieldjames is offline  
post #38396 of 41547 Old 02-09-2018, 01:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3,480
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1980 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconsfan71 View Post
@Hetfieldjames .. Yea, what center are you not using???


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not using the CLR2002 anymore since I used the SM65.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Hetfieldjames is offline  
post #38397 of 41547 Old 02-09-2018, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Falconsfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,356
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1656 Post(s)
Liked: 595
@derekmoore

My CLR2002





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denon X4300H * Def Tech BP8080st front L/R * Def Tech CLR2002 center * Def Tech ProMonitor 800 surrounds (x4) * Hsu VTF-3 MK5 HP sub * Outlaw OAW4 wireless sub kit * Vizio 60" 4K HDRtv * Sony UBP-X800 Bluray * PS4 * AC Infinity S9 AVR fan
Falconsfan71 is offline  
post #38398 of 41547 Old 02-09-2018, 02:11 PM
Member
 
j4894's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I love the perfect fit in the entertainment center falcon, very clean looking!

LG 65EF9500 / Def Tech 8060st / Def Tech 8040cs / SVS PC-2000 / Denon S710W / ATV4K / Sony UBP-X800
j4894 is offline  
post #38399 of 41547 Old 02-09-2018, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ALtlOff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: St. Louis Mo "ish"
Posts: 3,349
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1449 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmoore View Post
Oh, how about off axis, any improvement there with the CLR 2002?
you should have better off axis with the CLR2002 over the PC2000 when in a cabinet, out in the open it's going to be a toss up because of the side firing bass radiators. On the PC2000
But again the CLR2002 should give you an overall fuller and cleaner sound, which IMO is more important.

fixed for clarification

*Warning* None of my suggestions, ideas or even thoughts have any WAF, in any way!
My Build Thread:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...formation.html

Last edited by ALtlOff; 02-09-2018 at 04:02 PM.
ALtlOff is offline  
post #38400 of 41547 Old 02-09-2018, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
keeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,822
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 658 Post(s)
Liked: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconsfan71 View Post
@derekmoore

My CLR2002





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love that cloth.
keeper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Definitive Technology , Definitive Technology Bp2x Speakers , Definitive Technology Bp7004 , Definitive Technology Bpvx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Bpx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 6 Aluminum Stand , Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 350 Speakers , Definitive Technology Super Cube 4000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Supercube 2000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Supercube Trinity , Marantz Sr7002 Surround Receiver , Parasound , Receivers Amplifiers , Speaker Systems

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off