Definitive Owners Thread - Page 1347 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3505Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #40381 of 40718 Old 04-19-2019, 01:32 PM
Senior Member
 
godfatherip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 191
[quote=Dpforlife;57910946]
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmoore View Post
Ok that not being very loud makes sense, I did not turn it up more then -20.0db as I was not sure what it could handle and I did not want to blow anything. Not sure if I fully understand about "separating" the LFE connection but my AVR has 2 sub outs so I connected them separately but I did not adjust anything further then what the YPAO's settings produced. I actually already have a sub picked out, I plan on getting the SVS PB-16 ultra. That should be more then enough for my room as I really do not want to run dual subs.
Crank those bad boys up, you won't blow anything. I think the 9080s are rated for up to 300W. I've cranked my 9040s up to +10dB and it didn't cause any damage (other than to my hearing).

Seperating the LFE connection just means that you can run the subwoofer out to the LFE inputs of the 9080 towers. This can sometimes be advantageous if you don't have a dedicated subwoofer, but shouldn't really be necessary especially once you get the PB-16 in place.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| LG OLED65C8P | Pioneer VSX-LX503 | Def Tech BP9040 + CS9040 + A90 + SR9080 | Klipsch R-112SW |

Last edited by godfatherip; 04-19-2019 at 01:36 PM.
godfatherip is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #40382 of 40718 Old 04-19-2019, 08:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Thank you everyone for the tips I am making progress. I did move the speakers out from the wall more and ran YPAO, first no LFE, saved the profile and second with LFE. Sounds pretty much the same so I dug more into my AV and discovered that it was set to Flat by default I’m guessing. That made a world of difference at -20db then cranked it up to -10db and wow. Even with LFE definitely need a sub for my tastes. Played around in the settings more and realized my AVR’s default settings are holding me back. Sounds 10 times better now (for music at least) but would like to get it dialed in for movies also. Once my Umik-1 arrives I hope to find that sweet spot
Dpforlife is offline  
post #40383 of 40718 Old 04-22-2019, 10:56 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SW FL
Posts: 592
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 221
[quote=Dpforlife;57920472][quote=derekmoore;57914194][QUOTE=Dpforlife;57911618]
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmoore View Post


Thanks for the info I have been reading a lot in the Subwoofer forms currently researching the Power Sound Audio V3611, Rythmik FV25HP Direct Servo and the PB-16 Ultra

Ah, that PB-16 Ultra is not in the same league as the other two you are considering. The FV25HP and V3611 are beast of another level. Have you reviewed data-bass.com for performance spec's?


It is a good source for objective comparisons.

5.1: Power - Denon 4308ci, Fronts - Def Tech BP9040's, Center - Def Tech CLR 2000, Surrounds - Def Tech PM1000's, Sub's - Rythmik E15HP x2, Display - Panasonic TC-55AS530U, TT - Rega Planar 2 w/ Dynavector 10x5
derekmoore is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #40384 of 40718 Old 04-22-2019, 07:40 PM
Member
 
threelions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just did a system upgrade from
Fronts: BP6 to BP9080x
Center: CLR2300 to CS9080
Surrounds:9080 surrounds
Sub: supercube 2000
Receiver denon X3300w

Was just wondering if anyone had or could point me to recommended settings for atmos. Maybe it’s not intended to be enveloping sound, but I feel it’s quite weak at the moment. Appreciate a helping hand
threelions is offline  
post #40385 of 40718 Old 04-23-2019, 07:08 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 681
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by threelions View Post
Just did a system upgrade from
Fronts: BP6 to BP9080x
Center: CLR2300 to CS9080
Surrounds:9080 surrounds
Sub: supercube 2000
Receiver denon X3300w

Was just wondering if anyone had or could point me to recommended settings for atmos. Maybe it’s not intended to be enveloping sound, but I feel it’s quite weak at the moment. Appreciate a helping hand
Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do with those Atmos modules, as it's wholly dependent upon the placement of your fronts; the angles may very well be off. You'll just have to play with the trim levels, distance, EW, etc. to try to a sound that you're happy with in your space.
KSpan is online now  
post #40386 of 40718 Old 04-23-2019, 07:26 AM
Senior Member
 
godfatherip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by threelions View Post
Just did a system upgrade from
Fronts: BP6 to BP9080x
Center: CLR2300 to CS9080
Surrounds:9080 surrounds
Sub: supercube 2000
Receiver denon X3300w

Was just wondering if anyone had or could point me to recommended settings for atmos. Maybe it’s not intended to be enveloping sound, but I feel it’s quite weak at the moment. Appreciate a helping hand
The reflected Atmos is sensitive to your ceiling type and height, it works best with flat reflective ceilings between 7ft and 14ft high iirc. Some in the industry (I recall AJ saying it at least) recommend increasing the gain of upward firing Dolby Atmos speakers by 3dB over what the calibration sets them at. I'm not sure of any other "Atmos" settings to adjust (other than ensuring your AVR is set to Dolby surround or another mode that uses the Atmos speakers).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| LG OLED65C8P | Pioneer VSX-LX503 | Def Tech BP9040 + CS9040 + A90 + SR9080 | Klipsch R-112SW |
godfatherip is offline  
post #40387 of 40718 Old 04-23-2019, 09:22 AM
Member
 
Giants0691's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: DC area
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by threelions View Post
Just did a system upgrade from
Fronts: BP6 to BP9080x
Center: CLR2300 to CS9080
Surrounds:9080 surrounds
Sub: supercube 2000
Receiver denon X3300w

Was just wondering if anyone had or could point me to recommended settings for atmos. Maybe it’s not intended to be enveloping sound, but I feel it’s quite weak at the moment. Appreciate a helping hand
If you are limited to using the modules then the suggestions above are solid and I had some success with increasing the dB gain using Atmos modules.

I will say if you are looking to get the most from Atmos you need either in or on ceiling speakers and at least 4 of them. Two top front and two top rear. While better than nothing I was always underwhelmed by the modules. I went to speakers on the ceiling And was blown away by the difference. The immersive experience was night and day to my previous setup with modules. Just my 2 cents.
Keith Zuehlke likes this.
Giants0691 is offline  
post #40388 of 40718 Old 04-23-2019, 07:42 PM
Member
 
threelions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants0691 View Post
If you are limited to using the modules then the suggestions above are solid and I had some success with increasing the dB gain using Atmos modules.

I will say if you are looking to get the most from Atmos you need either in or on ceiling speakers and at least 4 of them. Two top front and two top rear. While better than nothing I was always underwhelmed by the modules. I went to speakers on the ceiling And was blown away by the difference. The immersive experience was night and day to my previous setup with modules. Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate the advice, I will try the dB gain and see what I can come up with.
threelions is offline  
post #40389 of 40718 Old 04-24-2019, 09:04 AM
Member
 
threelions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Forgot to mention in my first post just how impressive the CS9080 is over prior center channels I’ve purchased. I highly recommend it.
threelions is offline  
post #40390 of 40718 Old 04-24-2019, 10:34 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 3
[quote=derekmoore;57937926][quote=Dpforlife;57920472][quote=derekmoore;57914194]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpforlife View Post


Ah, that PB-16 Ultra is not in the same league as the other two you are considering. The FV25HP and V3611 are beast of another level. Have you reviewed data-bass.com for performance spec's?


It is a good source for objective comparisons.
Yes I have actually, the more I read the more I am finding out that while the PB-16 has its pluses, its a lot of hype also. I do like their "Bill of Rights" with the ability to trade up for the same value. So it's still in the race but I am also looking at Dual FV15HP's or 1 FV18 or 1 FV25HP or 1 V3611. Also looking at the Cap 2400 & 4000ULF, taking my time to find the best match for my space.
Dpforlife is offline  
post #40391 of 40718 Old 04-24-2019, 11:01 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SW FL
Posts: 592
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 221
[quote=Dpforlife;57948484][quote=derekmoore;57937926][quote=Dpforlife;57920472]
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmoore View Post

Yes I have actually, the more I read the more I am finding out that while the PB-16 has its pluses, its a lot of hype also. I do like their "Bill of Rights" with the ability to trade up for the same value. So it's still in the race but I am also looking at Dual FV15HP's or 1 FV18 or 1 FV25HP or 1 V3611. Also looking at the Cap 2400 & 4000ULF, taking my time to find the best match for my space.
What is there to upgrade to from the PB16 that SVS has to offer?


The JTR's are generally consider to be the SPL leader, but support and customer service reviews seem to vary. I can personally vouch for Rythmik's customer service. They will respond to direct communication, phone calls and forum postings most any day/time of the week.


Since you have space for two FV15HP's. I think that would be a good bet to ensure the most even frequency response across the most seats of your HT. On the other hand, if you are only concerned about one seat, then one of the Caps, FV25HP, or the V3611 would be excellent choices. Also, should you go with one of these, they are end game subs. In other words, you'll never have to upgrade them, you just add another one.


Given your space is around 2500 cubic ft, IIRC, I think you would find 2 FV15HP's enough to fill the room. But that would depend upon your performance goals.


Also, depending upon how much you prioritize clean music vs HT, that could also affect your decision. If music is at all a priority, then one of the Rythmik options would be very, very tough to beat. The servo design is impressively clean and detailed. What it lacks to many however is "chest punch". Which comes from particle velocity and often times, from lesser subs, that particle velocity comes in the form of harmonic distortion. It feels impressive, but once you hear detail in bass lines and double kick drums that you have never heard before via servo, it is very difficult to go back.

5.1: Power - Denon 4308ci, Fronts - Def Tech BP9040's, Center - Def Tech CLR 2000, Surrounds - Def Tech PM1000's, Sub's - Rythmik E15HP x2, Display - Panasonic TC-55AS530U, TT - Rega Planar 2 w/ Dynavector 10x5
derekmoore is offline  
post #40392 of 40718 Old 04-24-2019, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
AlexanderDelarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Omaha
Posts: 1,127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 270
[quote=derekmoore;57948660][quote=Dpforlife;57948484][quote=derekmoore;57937926]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpforlife View Post

What is there to upgrade to from the PB16 that SVS has to offer?


The JTR's are generally consider to be the SPL leader, but support and customer service reviews seem to vary. I can personally vouch for Rythmik's customer service. They will respond to direct communication, phone calls and forum postings most any day/time of the week.


Since you have space for two FV15HP's. I think that would be a good bet to ensure the most even frequency response across the most seats of your HT. On the other hand, if you are only concerned about one seat, then one of the Caps, FV25HP, or the V3611 would be excellent choices. Also, should you go with one of these, they are end game subs. In other words, you'll never have to upgrade them, you just add another one.


Given your space is around 2500 cubic ft, IIRC, I think you would find 2 FV15HP's enough to fill the room. But that would depend upon your performance goals.


Also, depending upon how much you prioritize clean music vs HT, that could also affect your decision. If music is at all a priority, then one of the Rythmik options would be very, very tough to beat. The servo design is impressively clean and detailed. What it lacks to many however is "chest punch". Which comes from particle velocity and often times, from lesser subs, that particle velocity comes in the form of harmonic distortion. It feels impressive, but once you hear detail in bass lines and double kick drums that you have never heard before via servo, it is very difficult to go back.

Rythmik's are definitely worth it.....
Dpforlife likes this.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | Hulu | Roku Ultra | Monoprice 12AWG |
AlexanderDelarg is offline  
post #40393 of 40718 Old 04-24-2019, 01:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 3
[quote=derekmoore;57948660][quote=Dpforlife;57948484][quote=derekmoore;57937926]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpforlife View Post

What is there to upgrade to from the PB16 that SVS has to offer?


The JTR's are generally consider to be the SPL leader, but support and customer service reviews seem to vary. I can personally vouch for Rythmik's customer service. They will respond to direct communication, phone calls and forum postings most any day/time of the week.


Since you have space for two FV15HP's. I think that would be a good bet to ensure the most even frequency response across the most seats of your HT. On the other hand, if you are only concerned about one seat, then one of the Caps, FV25HP, or the V3611 would be excellent choices. Also, should you go with one of these, they are end game subs. In other words, you'll never have to upgrade them, you just add another one.


Given your space is around 2500 cubic ft, IIRC, I think you would find 2 FV15HP's enough to fill the room. But that would depend upon your performance goals.


Also, depending upon how much you prioritize clean music vs HT, that could also affect your decision. If music is at all a priority, then one of the Rythmik options would be very, very tough to beat. The servo design is impressively clean and detailed. What it lacks to many however is "chest punch". Which comes from particle velocity and often times, from lesser subs, that particle velocity comes in the form of harmonic distortion. It feels impressive, but once you hear detail in bass lines and double kick drums that you have never heard before via servo, it is very difficult to go back.
Music is important so I will take a deeper look at the FV25HP, I will have to search the forum because not much on youtube
Dpforlife is offline  
post #40394 of 40718 Old 04-24-2019, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SW FL
Posts: 592
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Strange that this post is misquoting who said what for some reason.

5.1: Power - Denon 4308ci, Fronts - Def Tech BP9040's, Center - Def Tech CLR 2000, Surrounds - Def Tech PM1000's, Sub's - Rythmik E15HP x2, Display - Panasonic TC-55AS530U, TT - Rega Planar 2 w/ Dynavector 10x5
derekmoore is offline  
post #40395 of 40718 Old 04-25-2019, 01:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmoore View Post
Strange that this post is misquoting who said what for some reason.
I noticed that it has been doing that for the last few posts, not sure why
Dpforlife is offline  
post #40396 of 40718 Old 04-26-2019, 06:11 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SW FL
Posts: 592
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 221
[quote=Dpforlife;57949480][quote=derekmoore;57948660][quote=Dpforlife;57948484]
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmoore View Post

Music is important so I will take a deeper look at the FV25HP, I will have to search the forum because not much on youtube

Here's one for you.


This guy had 3 of them. He actually sold them recently and is now building 6 custom 18's.

5.1: Power - Denon 4308ci, Fronts - Def Tech BP9040's, Center - Def Tech CLR 2000, Surrounds - Def Tech PM1000's, Sub's - Rythmik E15HP x2, Display - Panasonic TC-55AS530U, TT - Rega Planar 2 w/ Dynavector 10x5
derekmoore is offline  
post #40397 of 40718 Old 04-26-2019, 06:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 3
[quote=derekmoore;57957098][quote=Dpforlife;57949480][quote=derekmoore;57948660]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpforlife View Post


Here's one for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmFvH1gMs1Y


This guy had 3 of them. He actually sold them recently and is now building 6 custom 18's.

I have actually seen that one, thanks! I have narrowed down to 3 choices in order:
1. Cap 4000ULF
2. FV25HP
3. V3611

So making progress lol
Dpforlife is offline  
post #40398 of 40718 Old 04-26-2019, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SW FL
Posts: 592
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 221
[quote=Dpforlife;57957164][quote=derekmoore;57957098][quote=Dpforlife;57949480]
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmoore View Post


I have actually seen that one, thanks! I have narrowed down to 3 choices in order:
1. Cap 4000ULF
2. FV25HP
3. V3611

So making progress lol

If the Cap4000 is in your budget. Then I would also encourage you to check out Funk Audio. Especially so if aesthetics are important. https://www.funkaudio.ca/

5.1: Power - Denon 4308ci, Fronts - Def Tech BP9040's, Center - Def Tech CLR 2000, Surrounds - Def Tech PM1000's, Sub's - Rythmik E15HP x2, Display - Panasonic TC-55AS530U, TT - Rega Planar 2 w/ Dynavector 10x5
derekmoore is offline  
post #40399 of 40718 Old 04-27-2019, 02:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 473
[quote=derekmoore;57957520][quote=Dpforlife;57957164][quote=derekmoore;57957098]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpforlife View Post


If the Cap4000 is in your budget. Then I would also encourage you to check out Funk Audio. Especially so if aesthetics are important. https://www.funkaudio.ca/
Indeed. Aesthetics were a concern when I chose PB-16's over the other offerings. With a larger budget, Funk's both look and sound (I'm told) amazing

TCL 55P607, OPPO UDP-203, 4K Fire TV, Marantz 6011, Rotel 1075 (Atmos)
DefTech SM 65 (X7), SVS PB16 Ultra (X2), SVS Prime Elevation (X4)
Headphone rig: PC-> Schiit Wyrd ->Schiit Modi Multibit ->Stax SRM-353X ->THX AAA 789
Headphones: Stax SR-207, Stax SR-L700, M1060, TH-X00 Purpleheart, HD600, HD6XX, etc
Keith Zuehlke is offline  
post #40400 of 40718 Old 04-27-2019, 04:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 3
[QUOTE=derekmoore;57957520][quote=Dpforlife;57957164][quote=derekmoore;57957098]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpforlife View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmoore View Post


I have actually seen that one, thanks! I have narrowed down to 3 choices in order:
1. Cap 4000ULF
2. FV25HP
3. V3611

So making progress lol

If the Cap4000 is in your budget. Then I would also encourage you to check out Funk Audio. Especially so if aesthetics are important. https://www.funkaudio.ca/
[QUOTE=Keith Zuehlke;57961650][quote=derekmoore;57957520][quote=Dpforlife;57957164]
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmoore View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpforlife View Post


If the Cap4000 is in your budget. Then I would also encourage you to check out Funk Audio. Especially so if aesthetics are important. https://www.funkaudio.ca/

Indeed. Aesthetics were a concern when I chose PB-16's over the other offerings. With a larger budget, Funk's both look and sound (I'm told) amazing [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Yes Aesthetics are very important and those look great but the more I read the more I like Rythmik. I am either going 1 Rythmik FV25HP or Dual FV15’s
derekmoore likes this.
Dpforlife is offline  
post #40401 of 40718 Old 04-28-2019, 06:23 AM
Member
 
Giants0691's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: DC area
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Anyone using a center channel stand for their CLR?

I see a bunch on Amazon, but was looking for any recommendations that may work best for my CLR 3000.
Giants0691 is offline  
post #40402 of 40718 Old 04-28-2019, 12:54 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
Ended up calling them and spoke to the rep. He offered to send a new amp and it just arrived.
Did you put in the new amps and did it fix your poping sound????
Thanks
Gary Rollinson is offline  
post #40403 of 40718 Old 04-28-2019, 01:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,642
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1074 Post(s)
Liked: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Rollinson View Post
Did you put in the new amps and did it fix your poping sound????

Thanks
Yes and yes

Sony XBR-77A9G / Panasonic DP-UB9000 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series
pbz06 is online now  
post #40404 of 40718 Old 04-28-2019, 01:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: SoCal HiDez
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants0691 View Post
Anyone using a center channel stand for their CLR?

I see a bunch on Amazon, but was looking for any recommendations that may work best for my CLR 3000.
Yes ..well I was. I sold the speaker but still have the stand.
I have the Elac cc stand. It's a beast and can also be filled. I bit pricey tho.
WOKNROX is online now  
post #40405 of 40718 Old 04-28-2019, 01:53 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
Yes and yes
Thanks for quick answer. Purchase two BP9040 speakers in November. One had poping sound to start and the other one started in March. Defteck told me that their enginers said it was NORMAL. I told them i replace two BP2006 that i had for 12 years and they never had a poping sound. They say when the amplifier came out of standby and charged the caps with electric the speakers will pop. I told them i was not happy with it and they are sending me two amplifiers, so we will see if it fixes them. I think it might have something to do with them now being built in China. Anyway, thought you might be interested in my story. Thanks again.
Gary Rollinson is offline  
post #40406 of 40718 Old 04-28-2019, 02:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: SoCal HiDez
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 333
[quote=Dpforlife;57964452][QUOTE=derekmoore;57957520][quote=Dpforlife;57957164][quote=derekmoore;57957098]
[QUOTE=Keith Zuehlke;57961650][quote=derekmoore;57957520]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpforlife View Post

Yes Aesthetics are very important and those look great but the more I read the more I like Rythmik. I am either going 1 Rythmik FV25HP or Dual FV15’s
I'm running the Rythmik FV25HP (in front) along with two HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP's (in the rear corners)... this is a great balanced combo..
derekmoore likes this.
WOKNROX is online now  
post #40407 of 40718 Old 04-30-2019, 07:04 AM
Senior Member
 
gtmorgan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 235
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Well I think my BP7004s after 10 years have their first issue.

One of them no longer turns on when it receives an LFE signal. If i unplug it and plug it back in then it will kick on. Turning up the knob to the max gets the sub to only barely create any movement on my "channel level" setup on my Pio elite.

Anyone else had theirs do this in the past?

I guess my next step is to contact Def Tech and see how much a new amp will cost.

Media Room= GoldenEar Supersat 60s/GE 60c/BP7004s/SuperCubeII/A-60s/Pio-SC-95
gtmorgan23 is offline  
post #40408 of 40718 Old 04-30-2019, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SW FL
Posts: 592
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmorgan23 View Post
Well I think my BP7004s after 10 years have their first issue.

One of them no longer turns on when it receives an LFE signal. If i unplug it and plug it back in then it will kick on. Turning up the knob to the max gets the sub to only barely create any movement on my "channel level" setup on my Pio elite.

Anyone else had theirs do this in the past?

I guess my next step is to contact Def Tech and see how much a new amp will cost.

They will likely send you a new one for free, unless they no long carry them. In that case, they would likely charge you a small amount to send out for repair.

5.1: Power - Denon 4308ci, Fronts - Def Tech BP9040's, Center - Def Tech CLR 2000, Surrounds - Def Tech PM1000's, Sub's - Rythmik E15HP x2, Display - Panasonic TC-55AS530U, TT - Rega Planar 2 w/ Dynavector 10x5
derekmoore is offline  
post #40409 of 40718 Old 04-30-2019, 12:16 PM
Senior Member
 
gtmorgan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 235
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 52
90 bucks for a new amp from them on its way.

Media Room= GoldenEar Supersat 60s/GE 60c/BP7004s/SuperCubeII/A-60s/Pio-SC-95
gtmorgan23 is offline  
post #40410 of 40718 Old 04-30-2019, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SW FL
Posts: 592
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmorgan23 View Post
90 bucks for a new amp from them on its way.

Very reasonable. Gotta love DT support! Chet and crew are top notch if you are willing call and hold.

5.1: Power - Denon 4308ci, Fronts - Def Tech BP9040's, Center - Def Tech CLR 2000, Surrounds - Def Tech PM1000's, Sub's - Rythmik E15HP x2, Display - Panasonic TC-55AS530U, TT - Rega Planar 2 w/ Dynavector 10x5
derekmoore is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Definitive Technology , Definitive Technology Bp2x Speakers , Definitive Technology Bp7004 , Definitive Technology Bpvx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Bpx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 6 Aluminum Stand , Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 350 Speakers , Definitive Technology Super Cube 4000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Supercube 2000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Supercube Trinity , Marantz Sr7002 Surround Receiver , Parasound , Receivers Amplifiers , Speaker Systems

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off