Energy Owners Thread - Page 1840 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 513Likes

post #55171 of 55680 Old 05-02-2017, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Just bid on and won a set of C-7's, sooooo looking forward to getting them!! Been wanting these for a long time. I can move my C-2's to the bedroom and use the C-7's as my mains.

Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 | Samsung 65" 4K KS8000 Series | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Player | Sony DVP-S7700 DVD Player | Onkyo TX-NR3030 Atmos Network Receiver | Energy Veritas 6.3 mains | Energy C-C1 center | Energy C-R100 surround sides and backs | (4) Energy Take Classic satellites heights | Velodyne VA 1215 XII Sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #55172 of 55680 Old 05-02-2017, 04:28 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Quoted: 4726 Post(s)
Liked: 4936
Nice! Now you need to upgrade that C-C1 center to the C-C3
mobileES likes this.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #55173 of 55680 Old 05-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Is there any reason why it wouldn't be a good idea to use a pair of rc-mini center speakers in placed vertically as main speakers in a bedroom setup? Found a set of three and am thinking of upgrading my Take Classics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #55174 of 55680 Old 05-05-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendelac View Post
Is there any reason why it wouldn't be a good idea to use a pair of rc-mini center speakers in placed vertically as main speakers in a bedroom setup? Found a set of three and am thinking of upgrading my Take Classics.
No reason at all, in fact they will likely sound better in a vertical orientation as it's a standard MTM driver array.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #55175 of 55680 Old 05-06-2017, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
No reason at all, in fact they will likely sound better in a vertical orientation as it's a standard MTM driver array.
Thanks. I bought them a few days ago and they were delivered yesterday. The seller hardly used any packing material and they arrived damaged. I sent pics to the seller and he insists that they weren't damaged when he sent them and that he asked for insurance. I called the courier and they looked up the tracking number and no insurance was purchased. The damage isn't severe and they seem to function fine, but it's disappointing because I was told they were being sent with insurance. We'll see how it plays out I guess.

Last edited by brendelac; 05-06-2017 at 11:33 AM.
post #55176 of 55680 Old 05-06-2017, 04:53 PM

What a bummer. Definitely document the lack of packing material (both in photos and also in writing communicating to him). Underpacking somerning delicate like a speaker is super lame, that's the definition of "penny wise pound foolish".
post #55177 of 55680 Old 05-07-2017, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
What a bummer. Definitely document the lack of packing material (both in photos and also in writing communicating to him). Underpacking somerning delicate like a speaker is super lame, that's the definition of "penny wise pound foolish".
Agreed. The seller informed me after I contacted him about the damage that he wasn't very good at packing.
post #55178 of 55680 Old 05-08-2017, 09:36 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Energy Reference Connoisseur RC-R

I found a Pair of these for $300 at the local MOM AND POP audio store.

IS this a good pairing for my CF 70 and RC-LCR? Also good price?
post #55179 of 55680 Old 05-08-2017, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp1demon View Post
Energy Reference Connoisseur RC-R

I found a Pair of these for $300 at the local MOM AND POP audio store.

IS this a good pairing for my CF 70 and RC-LCR? Also good price?
If you can get RC-R's in good shape for $300 buy them. Even better if they have the wall mounts with them as they're hard to find. They match the RC-LCR perfectly. The CF70's are a little different series but still a good match.
Comp1demon likes this.
post #55180 of 55680 Old 05-08-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loknload View Post
If you can get RC-R's in good shape for $300 buy them. Even better if they have the wall mounts with them as they're hard to find. They match the RC-LCR perfectly. The CF70's are a little different series but still a good match.
Thanks I will ask the guy to audition them for me tomorrow. I will bring cash with me. I really want to make my system perfect but I don't want to start all over.

I am thinking this for my Final setup.

Front Stage CF 70's and RC LCR
SIde surrounds RC-10s
Rear Surrounds RC-LCR

Not sure what I want to use for the 4 atmos in ceiling speakers - I currently have Front Presence but Those will become ZOne 2 speakers or just get removed completely.
I think the best best is 7.2.4 I also have 2 10 inch energy SUBS But thinking of upgrading those.

I just do not want to start from scratch with a new Front Stage.. IF that was the case I would just go all Klipsch.. But perhaps I should think about it. I have all the box's all the speakers are Mint and only been used a few years now (bought them all new) I (and my wife) am the only one who uses them - it's my man cave setup (in the living room) the kids are not allowed to watch the living room setup.
post #55181 of 55680 Old 05-09-2017, 09:23 AM

Just Double Checking since I can't seem to find anything on google...

RC-R-B-1 are RC-R speakers correct?

Is this a different revision?

post #55182 of 55680 Old 05-09-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Just Double Checking since I can't seem to find anything on google...

RC-R-B-1 are RC-R speakers correct?

Is this a different revision?

Yes same speaker - the "B" refers to the color (black)
Comp1demon likes this.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #55183 of 55680 Old 05-10-2017, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ele/6087455756.html

Good deal for anyone around Cincinnati
2x Energy V-6.2 floorstanding speakers (they're actually 6.3s)
2x Energy V-SW10 subwoofers
2x Energy V-S surround speakers
1x Energy V-5.2-C center channel speaker
$1000obo
post #55184 of 55680 Old 05-10-2017, 11:10 PM

Quote:
https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ele/6087455756.html

Good deal for anyone around Cincinnati
2x Energy V-6.2 floorstanding speakers (they're actually 6.3s)
2x Energy V-SW10 subwoofers
2x Energy V-S surround speakers
1x Energy V-5.2-C center channel speaker
$1000obo
Thanks for posting this... I might take the 2 hr ride to check these out.
I might upgrade my entire system thanks to this post.

One question are the SUrrounds from this compatible with the RC-Rs which I posted one post back.
I picked them up today $300 cash and now I am regretting it as this seems like a better deal but perhaps I can use the RC-Rs I got today with this for 7.2.

If I jump on this I will have CF-70's RC-LCR and a ESW-10 for sale - I have the original box's for all and all of them are mint condition, look like new out of box. So I will gladly sell.
post #55185 of 55680 Old 05-11-2017, 07:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks for posting this... I might take the 2 hr ride to check these out.
I might upgrade my entire system thanks to this post.

One question are the SUrrounds from this compatible with the RC-Rs which I posted one post back.
I picked them up today $300 cash and now I am regretting it as this seems like a better deal but perhaps I can use the RC-Rs I got today with this for 7.2.

If I jump on this I will have CF-70's RC-LCR and a ESW-10 for sale - I have the original box's for all and all of them are mint condition, look like new out of box. So I will gladly sell.
The RC-R and VS surrounds are quite similar. The tweeter is a bit brighter on the Veritas series, but it is less of a factor with surrounds. I think you would be happy with the Veritas speakers. The subs and mains are a significant upgrade from what you currently have.

Worst case scenario - if you got them home and didn't like them, you should be easily able to resell them for the price you paid, or even for quite a bit more potentially.
Comp1demon likes this.

Last edited by brendelac; 05-11-2017 at 07:40 AM.
post #55186 of 55680 Old 05-11-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
The RC-R and VS surrounds are quite similar. The tweeter is a bit brighter on the Veritas series, but it is less of a factor with surrounds. I think you would be happy with the Veritas speakers. The subs and mains are a significant upgrade from what you currently have.

Worst case scenario - if you got them home and didn't like them, you should be easily able to resell them for the price you paid, or even for quite a bit more potentially.
I emailed and called the Guy - There GONE....

The guy said he posted it a while ago. according to the link it was posted 28 days ago..

Totally missed out.
post #55187 of 55680 Old 05-11-2017, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I emailed and called the Guy - There GONE....

The guy said he posted it a while ago. according to the link it was posted 28 days ago..

Totally missed out.
That sucks. That was a sweet deal for someone.
Comp1demon likes this.
post #55188 of 55680 Old 05-11-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
That sucks. That was a sweet deal for someone.
Now I am rethinking my entire setup...

I want something fantastic for music now that I got an Oppo 205 but I really like my setup for movies..
UGH... I think I just have too much time on my hands.
post #55189 of 55680 Old 05-11-2017, 03:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Now I am rethinking my entire setup...

I want something fantastic for music now that I got an Oppo 205 but I really like my setup for movies..
UGH... I think I just have too much time on my hands.
Are you looking for a second 2-channel setup for music? Keep an eye out for a used pair of RC-70s. They are fairly common and are a great bang for the buck. They'll match perfectly with your RC-LCR and RC-Rs and you should be able to find them for $600-$700.
post #55190 of 55680 Old 05-11-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Are you looking for a second 2-channel setup for music? Keep an eye out for a used pair of RC-70s. They are fairly common and are a great bang for the buck. They'll match perfectly with your RC-LCR and RC-Rs and you should be able to find them for $600-$700.
I have CF-70's already.. Everyone I talked to in some other parts of these forums said the RC-70s are not that much of an upgrade from the CF-70's and that I am better off going Klipsch or If I can find the the Veritas Speakers sound night and day better than rc70's. I was so ready to jump in the car and drive to Cincinnati and buy that setup. I honestly am not sure what I want anymore. I feel like I upgraded so much going from 1080p to 4k and from Onkyo 809 to a A3060. LIke I said I have had the CF-70s and LCR for a few years now and I like them, but I was ready to start upgrading the surrounds from POLK (Which were a bit small) to matching Energy RC-R and RC-10 and then doing ATMOS in the ceiling. But Now that I got the OPPO 205 I really want a nice set of Towers that I can crank some tunes and sound fantastic. Back in 1986 I bought a Hitachi rack system that had 2 huge tower speakers with dual 12 inch speakers mid range and tweeter - not sure what they were, got rid of them back in mid 90's. But they were so loud that my neighbor called the cops multiple times on me (I was a teen back then). From the 90's to 2007 or so, I lived in apartments and never had anything as awesome as my rack system from the 80's then 5.1 and 7.1 came out and I bought my first house in 2007 and started with SOny and Cambridge surround (smaller speakers) Bought my new house in 2014 and got a huge living room to play with. AS part of moving in I bought the CF-70's the matching center channel, which I later upgraded to RC-LCR from a great Vans audio BLOWOUT special ALso got two ESW'10's. I was very happy with that setup as I only had the 1080p Mitsubishi and Onkyo AVR, now I feel like I went up a few notches with sony high end 4K, Yamaha AVR and OPPO 205. Rounding out the Energy setup was supposed to be the plan, now after your post and some research and (as i said too much time on my hands) I am thinking about selling everything and going all out. Veritas seemed like the right move at that price, too bad they are gone, those SUBS alone would have been a Huge Upgrade. Now I am thinking of doing my research some more and seeing where to go. I was going to look into perhaps just keeping my set up and adding the RC-R and RC-10s to complete the 7.2.4 setup and perhaps just buying a nice pair of towers and a XLR enabled amplifier to power them and just put them next to the CF-70's so when I want to do music I can do that. But it defeats the purpose of playing back 5.1 SACDs as if I want to do surround Audio I am back to my CF-70 and their companions. Like I said you have me re-thinking everything.
post #55191 of 55680 Old 05-11-2017, 04:15 PM
Advanced Member

I have only heard the Veritas 6.3s briefly, but do own the RC70s and to my ears and from what I have read from other people's perspectives, there isn't a clear winner between the two. The 6.3s look nicer for sure, but most sonic comparisons have them pretty close to each other. Perhaps what you were reading was in regards to the older Veritas speakers from the first or second generation.

If you truely are happy with what you have, maybe you are best to leave well enough alone. I have made a few upgrades in the past that set me back quite a few dollars that didn't really impress me all that much based on how much I spent.
Comp1demon likes this.
post #55192 of 55680 Old 05-11-2017, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
I have CF-70's already.. Everyone I talked to in some other parts of these forums said the RC-70s are not that much of an upgrade from the CF-70's and that I am better off going Klipsch or If I can find the the Veritas Speakers sound night and day better than rc70's. I was so ready to jump in the car and drive to Cincinnati and buy that setup. I honestly am not sure what I want anymore. I feel like I upgraded so much going from 1080p to 4k and from Onkyo 809 to a A3060. LIke I said I have had the CF-70s and LCR for a few years now and I like them, but I was ready to start upgrading the surrounds from POLK (Which were a bit small) to matching Energy RC-R and RC-10 and then doing ATMOS in the ceiling. But Now that I got the OPPO 205 I really want a nice set of Towers that I can crank some tunes and sound fantastic. Back in 1986 I bought a Hitachi rack system that had 2 huge tower speakers with dual 12 inch speakers mid range and tweeter - not sure what they were, got rid of them back in mid 90's. But they were so loud that my neighbor called the cops multiple times on me (I was a teen back then). From the 90's to 2007 or so, I lived in apartments and never had anything as awesome as my rack system from the 80's then 5.1 and 7.1 came out and I bought my first house in 2007 and started with SOny and Cambridge surround (smaller speakers) Bought my new house in 2014 and got a huge living room to play with. AS part of moving in I bought the CF-70's the matching center channel, which I later upgraded to RC-LCR from a great Vans audio BLOWOUT special ALso got two ESW'10's. I was very happy with that setup as I only had the 1080p Mitsubishi and Onkyo AVR, now I feel like I went up a few notches with sony high end 4K, Yamaha AVR and OPPO 205. Rounding out the Energy setup was supposed to be the plan, now after your post and some research and (as i said too much time on my hands) I am thinking about selling everything and going all out. Veritas seemed like the right move at that price, too bad they are gone, those SUBS alone would have been a Huge Upgrade. Now I am thinking of doing my research some more and seeing where to go. I was going to look into perhaps just keeping my set up and adding the RC-R and RC-10s to complete the 7.2.4 setup and perhaps just buying a nice pair of towers and a XLR enabled amplifier to power them and just put them next to the CF-70's so when I want to do music I can do that. But it defeats the purpose of playing back 5.1 SACDs as if I want to do surround Audio I am back to my CF-70 and their companions. Like I said you have me re-thinking everything.
Take my opinion for what it's worth because it's just that, my opinion. I have owned Energy speakers since the early 90's. I have owned the original Connoisseur Series (C8's) to the Audissey Series (full 7.1 system with APS5+2 front, AC300 center, A3+2 rear, and RVSS side surround) to the RC Series (RC70 front, RC-LCR center, RC-R rear). I have also spent a significant amount of time with the Veritas Series. To me, the upgrade from the current CF-70 to the RC-70 is heads and shoulders above the upgrade from the RC series to the Veritas. The RC has kevlar drivers for better rigidity and less distortion as well as much different cross overs and better cabinets with real wood veneer. The RC-70 (and the whole RC series) is much more accurate to my ears and not so forward and in your face as the C series. The Veritas line and the RC line sound similar but the Veritas is even more detailed and smooth. If you have the RC-LCR for a center, the logical upgrade would be to a pair of RC-70's and that is an absolutely killer system. Throw the RC-R's in there that you just bought and you have a system that will shine with both music and home theater. You can usually find a set of excellent condition RC-70's used for the $500-$600 per pair range if you're patient.

Now, I have never been a fan of speakers, like Klipsch, with horns for music...even though I listen to a lot of rock and heavy metal. To me they are way too bright and in your face. They are, however, great for home theater because they are efficient and horns tend to have a pretty wide dispersion pattern so they image well. If you want loud, Klipsch knows how to do that. You should probably go listen to some Klipsch towers that are in the same ballpark as your CF-70's to see if they suit you. If they do, then you have a decision to make.

Bottom line is this, to my ears, the RC-70's are a big upgrade over the CF-70's but the RC's are a pretty neutral or, some would say, laid back speaker. I actually like that and they have a lot of mid bass and detail that the CF-70's don't have. They get even better when you put an actual amplifier on them that will do a true 100-200 watts per channel.
Comp1demon, deano86 and Gmash like this.
post #55193 of 55680 Old 05-11-2017, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loknload View Post
Take my opinion for what it's worth because it's just that, my opinion. I have owned Energy speakers since the early 90's. I have owned the original Connoisseur Series (C8's) to the Audissey Series (full 7.1 system with APS5+2 front, AC300 center, A3+2 rear, and RVSS side surround) to the RC Series (RC70 front, RC-LCR center, RC-R rear). I have also spent a significant amount of time with the Veritas Series. To me, the upgrade from the current CF-70 to the RC-70 is heads and shoulders above the upgrade from the RC series to the Veritas. The RC has kevlar drivers for better rigidity and less distortion as well as much different cross overs and better cabinets with real wood veneer. The RC-70 (and the whole RC series) is much more accurate to my ears and not so forward and in your face as the C series. The Veritas line and the RC line sound similar but the Veritas is even more detailed and smooth. If you have the RC-LCR for a center, the logical upgrade would be to a pair of RC-70's and that is an absolutely killer system. Throw the RC-R's in there that you just bought and you have a system that will shine with both music and home theater. You can usually find a set of excellent condition RC-70's used for the $500-$600 per pair range if you're patient.

Now, I have never been a fan of speakers, like Klipsch, with horns for music...even though I listen to a lot of rock and heavy metal. To me they are way too bright and in your face. They are, however, great for home theater because they are efficient and horns tend to have a pretty wide dispersion pattern so they image well. If you want loud, Klipsch knows how to do that. You should probably go listen to some Klipsch towers that are in the same ballpark as your CF-70's to see if they suit you. If they do, then you have a decision to make.

Bottom line is this, to my ears, the RC-70's are a big upgrade over the CF-70's but the RC's are a pretty neutral or, some would say, laid back speaker. I actually like that and they have a lot of mid bass and detail that the CF-70's don't have. They get even better when you put an actual amplifier on them that will do a true 100-200 watts per channel.

Taking your advice and going to look for a great pair of RC70's Paul has 2 listed a page back for $600 but he is in PA and that is 10 hr round trip for me. SO not worth it, unless I head out that way for a family trip. Perhaps if I can't find a pair of RC70s locally (tristate) I might try to arrange something with him if he still has them.

THANKS!!
post #55194 of 55680 Old 05-15-2017, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Hello Everyone,

I already have RC-70 towers and the RC-LCR as center and I'm using the Micro 4 RC Speakers as Surrounds but I want to upgrade those Surrounds, any recommendation?

I was checking the RC-10, but as I need for surround, I'm not sure I can use that one as surround, please advise..

Please Note: Also I have 2 Dayton Audio UM18-22 running with a BEHRINGER iNUKE NU6000DSP

Thanks again,
Bourdier
post #55195 of 55680 Old 05-15-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabe00 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I already have RC-70 towers and the RC-LCR as center and I'm using the Micro 4 RC Speakers as Surrounds but I want to upgrade those Surrounds, any recommendation?

I was checking the RC-10, but as I need for surround, I'm not sure I can use that one as surround, please advise..
No reason you can't use RC-10's as surrounds if you have enough room to use a large bookshelf speaker in this role and give it space to breathe. If it's a narrow room and you are wall mounting the sheer size of them hanging off the wall makes them less ideal.

In that case the RC-R surround is the best choice but it's unfortunately quite hard to find on the used market.
Comp1demon likes this.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #55196 of 55680 Old 05-16-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
No reason you can't use RC-10's as surrounds if you have enough room to use a large bookshelf speaker in this role and give it space to breathe. If it's a narrow room and you are wall mounting the sheer size of them hanging off the wall makes them less ideal.

In that case the RC-R surround is the best choice but it's unfortunately quite hard to find on the used market.
Thanks for your answer..

I'm planing to put 2 on Ceiling (Drop Ceiling) and the other 2 behind the seat because I'll have around 3 feet..

As you said they are hard to find, can you or someone recommend another more easy to find that can math (or be close) to my two tower RC-70 and my RC-LCR Center?

Thanks again..
post #55197 of 55680 Old 05-16-2017, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Taking your advice and going to look for a great pair of RC70's Paul has 2 listed a page back for $600 but he is in PA and that is 10 hr round trip for me. SO not worth it, unless I head out that way for a family trip. Perhaps if I can't find a pair of RC70s locally (tristate) I might try to arrange something with him if he still has them.

THANKS!!
I have a pair of RC-70s in Queens, N.Y. PM me if interested.
Comp1demon likes this.
post #55198 of 55680 Old 05-16-2017, 05:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabe00 View Post
Thanks for your answer..

I'm planing to put 2 on Ceiling (Drop Ceiling) and the other 2 behind the seat because I'll have around 3 feet..

As you said they are hard to find, can you or someone recommend another more easy to find that can math (or be close) to my two tower RC-70 and my RC-LCR Center?

Thanks again..
A pair of RC-10s on the 'bay....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Energy-RC-10...53.m1438.l2649
post #55199 of 55680 Old 05-19-2017, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ele/6138020243.html

Single rosenut V6.3 for $50 in Phoenix, AZ
post #55200 of 55680 Old 05-19-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
Thanks for the info.

You won this auction....

But I still need two more..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page