Energy Owners Thread - Page 1862 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 567Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #55831 of 55854 Old 01-01-2020, 02:48 PM
Newbie
 
LeeDiggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
I'm going to give you some tough love here, so please take this as constructive... but that speaker placement is an absolute DISASTER.

I don't understand why your center would be below the TV but the L/R speakers would be ABOVE the TV. Especially when the TV is already really high!!

Sometimes you can't do anything about room acoustics because of life, but you are just making a totally unforced error which is ruining the audio quality. If there is literally no way for you to get those speakers down to the same/similar height as the center, you would be better off swapping them all for a nice passive LCR soundbar so at least the LCR are in the same plane.

Do not throw money down the toilet upgrading the speakers and then wasting the performance with horrendous speaker placement. Please. I don't see any functional reason why you couldn't mount the speakers outside of the bottom corners of the TV so they are more level with the center (see the red boxes in the attached picture).

The baller move here would be get another pair of RC-Mini Centers and place them as marked in the diagram, and then take the two RC-Mini sats and re-use them as Front Height (ideally even raising them up higher) for Atmos speakers since your Marantz can do 5.1.2.
Tough love/honesty is always okay with me. I knew the placement was bad, but I didn't know it was THAT bad . I really wanted them on stands, but for some reason my wife is partial to her stacked jenga pile of mess on each side, and it's a longer, boring story as to how my contractor buddy wound up placing them where he did.

I think you've offered me the most elegant solution possible! I didn't even think Atmos was an option due to the fact that it'd be hard to find small Atmos speakers to attach to the RC-minis.

Two more RC-mini centers as L/R would solve my speaker placement/acoustical nightmare and turn my system into an Atmost set up as a bonus! Thank you Batpig!
batpig likes this.
LeeDiggler is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #55832 of 55854 Old 01-01-2020, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
tomnan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: oh-io
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I just boxed up my Energy speakers in their O.E. boxes for a move to a new home. I ran across 2 never used mounting brackets for the RC minis. They fit into a small threaded hole in the back of the speakers. I know they're made for the speakers but they look too small to hold the weight(5#). Has anyone used these and are they sufficient. I'd really like to use these but don't want to see a disaster.

My RC 10s have a little bit bigger threaded hole(maybe 1/4"). Has anyone seen a similar mounting bracket for the 10s as those used for the minis. Thanks.

Samsung UN55KS8000 purchased 2017
Denon AVR1610 purchased 2010
Cherry Energy RC10 mains purchased 2010, RC-LCR center purchased 2017, RCmini surrounds purchased 2010
PSA 15V purchased 3/26/18
tomnan24 is offline  
post #55833 of 55854 Old 01-01-2020, 09:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
deano86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,449
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnan24 View Post
I just boxed up my Energy speakers in their O.E. boxes for a move to a new home. I ran across 2 never used mounting brackets for the RC minis. They fit into a small threaded hole in the back of the speakers. I know they're made for the speakers but they look too small to hold the weight(5#). Has anyone used these and are they sufficient. I'd really like to use these but don't want to see a disaster.
Yes, the factory mounts for the RC-minis look a bit flimsy... but they do work. I have indeed used them in the past. IIRC, you remove one of the 4 original screws from the RC-mini back plate and substitute a slightly longer screw that comes with the mount for its plate? Not sure if the original back plate screws are long enough when fastening the mounting plate... But, either way,....be careful not to overtighten as they can strip the internal threads in the speaker. And in no way can the mount be used with the RC-mini center speaker ... .only the regular minis...
deano86 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #55834 of 55854 Old 01-02-2020, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
tomnan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: oh-io
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Thanks Deano, I'll give em a try when I move in.

Samsung UN55KS8000 purchased 2017
Denon AVR1610 purchased 2010
Cherry Energy RC10 mains purchased 2010, RC-LCR center purchased 2017, RCmini surrounds purchased 2010
PSA 15V purchased 3/26/18
tomnan24 is offline  
post #55835 of 55854 Old 01-02-2020, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hernanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston Suburbs
Posts: 4,931
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1368 Post(s)
Liked: 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeDiggler View Post
Hello all!

Audiophile tastes here with a wife who won't allow tower speakers.

Spoiler!

My question is: I have a couple of options for improved sound. My goal is a modest improvement in overall sound quality hopefully something more room filling. Home theater listening is pretty satisfactory so what I am really looking for is an improvement in music listening, mostly vinyl.

A couple of options for me would be:

2 RC Mini Centers as replacements for my left and right
OR replacing my left and right with Energy CB-20s both of these options can be found on eBay pretty easily.

OR replace the left and rights with Energy Veritas V-5s. That's the best option I THINK and the most wife pleasing as these are some beautiful speakers. However they are hard to find. A single cherry V-5 has been on eBay for 6 months at least. I need two.

Any other thoughts, ideas, comments? Room and setup is attached. The TV is 55 inches for frame of reference.

I just switched to what you describe in a (currently) 3.1 RC-mini center setup for a small room (including a good little sub for the room. Eventually, once renovations are done, I'll redeploy the two RC-minis that were replaced for a 5.1 system.

The sound in my eyes (and ears) is improved. Not a huge leap, but better both for movies and music. I haven't had any experience with the younger veritas, but have heard that it does not provide any improvement over the RC's, so the three RC centers across your front would be good.

To provide a large leap in quality, the next step up would be the RC-LCR and two RC-10's. All three would need stands or a piece of furniture to be on - I haven't seen them (especially the RC-LCR) mounted on a wall. I had this setup on the way to RC-LCR, twin RC-50's, two RC-10's and two RC-minis with two subs setup I have now.

The little RC's are a gateway drug. Just a warning.
deano86 and LeeDiggler like this.
hernanu is online now  
post #55836 of 55854 Old 01-04-2020, 11:39 AM
Newbie
 
LeeDiggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
I'm going to give you some tough love here, so please take this as constructive... but that speaker placement is an absolute DISASTER.

I don't understand why your center would be below the TV but the L/R speakers would be ABOVE the TV. Especially when the TV is already really high!!

Sometimes you can't do anything about room acoustics because of life, but you are just making a totally unforced error which is ruining the audio quality. If there is literally no way for you to get those speakers down to the same/similar height as the center, you would be better off swapping them all for a nice passive LCR soundbar so at least the LCR are in the same plane.

Do not throw money down the toilet upgrading the speakers and then wasting the performance with horrendous speaker placement. Please. I don't see any functional reason why you couldn't mount the speakers outside of the bottom corners of the TV so they are more level with the center (see the red boxes in the attached picture).

The baller move here would be get another pair of RC-Mini Centers and place them as marked in the diagram, and then take the two RC-Mini sats and re-use them as Front Height (ideally even raising them up higher) for Atmos speakers since your Marantz can do 5.1.2.

BTW what I, uh, REALLY meant to post originally, was "I have an Atmos set up, pictured, but I don't have L & Rs yet. Would two more Mini Centers work well?"


So, of course there aren't any cherry mini centers on eBay right now though for the last year, I could always find them there.

I'd even go w the RC Mini bookshelves instead of the centers, if a cherry pair showed up on eBay.

Last resort, if I have a hard time finding what I need, is I can repurpose the Minis I have as L/R placed properly this time, and put two take classics up top as the Atmos speakers.

Thanks again for this solution!
LeeDiggler is online now  
post #55837 of 55854 Old 01-14-2020, 05:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
tomnan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: oh-io
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Giving the directionality of tweeters I have a question about my proposed setup. My RC-LCR center will be the same height as my ears 39" and 7' away. My RC-10s, due to the fact there is a 10" riser stage, the tweeters will be at 51" on my 31" speaker stands as left and right front speakers. Is the design of the RC-10s such that this is a huge or minimal problem? What could I be missing if left this way in my 5.1 setup using 80% movies and 20% music. I will probably test a lowered height on some makeshift stands but that'll be a few days yet so I was wondering what you all might think. The room is 24 x 14 and is 95% sealed. Thanks. I can hope to find some sturdy 20" stands but would rather not.

Samsung UN55KS8000 purchased 2017
Denon AVR1610 purchased 2010
Cherry Energy RC10 mains purchased 2010, RC-LCR center purchased 2017, RCmini surrounds purchased 2010
PSA 15V purchased 3/26/18
tomnan24 is offline  
post #55838 of 55854 Old 01-14-2020, 09:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hernanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston Suburbs
Posts: 4,931
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1368 Post(s)
Liked: 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnan24 View Post
Giving the directionality of tweeters I have a question about my proposed setup. My RC-LCR center will be the same height as my ears 39" and 7' away. My RC-10s, due to the fact there is a 10" riser stage, the tweeters will be at 51" on my 31" speaker stands as left and right front speakers. Is the design of the RC-10s such that this is a huge or minimal problem? What could I be missing if left this way in my 5.1 setup using 80% movies and 20% music. I will probably test a lowered height on some makeshift stands but that'll be a few days yet so I was wondering what you all might think. The room is 24 x 14 and is 95% sealed. Thanks. I can hope to find some sturdy 20" stands but would rather not.

I wouldn't think a 12 inch difference would have a great impact. Probably better room correction and other issues are much bigger.

The ideal is to be level, but in my opinion, not a problem.
hernanu is online now  
post #55839 of 55854 Old 01-14-2020, 11:55 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 29,730
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5000 Post(s)
Liked: 5440
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnan24 View Post
Giving the directionality of tweeters I have a question about my proposed setup. My RC-LCR center will be the same height as my ears 39" and 7' away. My RC-10s, due to the fact there is a 10" riser stage, the tweeters will be at 51" on my 31" speaker stands as left and right front speakers. Is the design of the RC-10s such that this is a huge or minimal problem? What could I be missing if left this way in my 5.1 setup using 80% movies and 20% music. I will probably test a lowered height on some makeshift stands but that'll be a few days yet so I was wondering what you all might think. The room is 24 x 14 and is 95% sealed. Thanks. I can hope to find some sturdy 20" stands but would rather not.
A 12" difference isn't likely to be too noticeable. If you're 7' away that's less than 10 degrees off axis which should be fine.

You could also experiment with flipping them upside down which would put the tweeter right at ear level, but I doubt you'll hear a huge difference.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
batpig is offline  
post #55840 of 55854 Old 01-14-2020, 01:28 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 27,796
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2253 Post(s)
Liked: 1486
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnan24 View Post
I just boxed up my Energy speakers in their O.E. boxes for a move to a new home. I ran across 2 never used mounting brackets for the RC minis. They fit into a small threaded hole in the back of the speakers. I know they're made for the speakers but they look too small to hold the weight(5#). Has anyone used these and are they sufficient. I'd really like to use these but don't want to see a disaster.

My RC 10s have a little bit bigger threaded hole(maybe 1/4"). Has anyone seen a similar mounting bracket for the 10s as those used for the minis. Thanks.
RC-10's use a 3/8"-16 insert.

https://www.amazon.com/Omnimount-15-.../dp/B015ZORL98

https://www.amazon.com/Omnimount-15-...014JUDRZQ?th=1

Afro GT
afrogt is online now  
post #55841 of 55854 Old 01-14-2020, 02:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
tomnan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: oh-io
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I appreciate the thoughts guys. Hopefully my Denon will help out some. It'll be a little while til I get back to the setup as the garage still has too many boxes to empty from the move. Thanks again.

Samsung UN55KS8000 purchased 2017
Denon AVR1610 purchased 2010
Cherry Energy RC10 mains purchased 2010, RC-LCR center purchased 2017, RCmini surrounds purchased 2010
PSA 15V purchased 3/26/18
tomnan24 is offline  
post #55842 of 55854 Old 01-17-2020, 03:12 PM
Newbie
 
LeeDiggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
I just switched to what you describe in a (currently) 3.1 RC-mini center setup for a small room (including a good little sub for the room. Eventually, once renovations are done, I'll redeploy the two RC-minis that were replaced for a 5.1 system.

The sound in my eyes (and ears) is improved. Not a huge leap, but better both for movies and music. I haven't had any experience with the younger veritas, but have heard that it does not provide any improvement over the RC's, so the three RC centers across your front would be good.

To provide a large leap in quality, the next step up would be the RC-LCR and two RC-10's. All three would need stands or a piece of furniture to be on - I haven't seen them (especially the RC-LCR) mounted on a wall. I had this setup on the way to RC-LCR, twin RC-50's, two RC-10's and two RC-minis with two subs setup I have now.

The little RC's are a gateway drug. Just a warning.
I just noticed something in your comment.

When talking about the V-series, I meant the V-5. I know the V-minis, as you said, are just like the RC minis, just newer.

As they say, our Energy Minis aren't "real speakers". The V-5 has a 6.5 inch woofer, and good build quality (I read at least) and presumably would offer more of a "real speaker" sound, they could handle more lows, I could adjust my sub crossovers etc.

https://www.energy-speakers.com/prod...V-5-1-BS#specs

But they are expensive. There's a single V-5 on eBay right now for $350 (no thanks).

Also I am not sure how they would blend with the RC-mini center.

Still, if I found two at a reasonable price I may bite. At only 12 pounds each I could mount them on the same kind of bracket mounts I have my RC Mini speaker on (which is 9 pounds). And they look great.

Still probably best that I go with 2 more RC Mini centers or book shelves if they'd ever show back up on eBay.

Last edited by LeeDiggler; 01-17-2020 at 04:27 PM.
LeeDiggler is online now  
post #55843 of 55854 Old 01-18-2020, 08:28 AM
Member
 
wthomas69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeDiggler View Post
I just noticed something in your comment.

When talking about the V-series, I meant the V-5. I know the V-minis, as you said, are just like the RC minis, just newer.

As they say, our Energy Minis aren't "real speakers". The V-5 has a 6.5 inch woofer, and good build quality (I read at least) and presumably would offer more of a "real speaker" sound, they could handle more lows, I could adjust my sub crossovers etc.

https://www.energy-speakers.com/prod...V-5-1-BS#specs

But they are expensive. There's a single V-5 on eBay right now for $350 (no thanks).

Also I am not sure how they would blend with the RC-mini center.

Still, if I found two at a reasonable price I may bite. At only 12 pounds each I could mount them on the same kind of bracket mounts I have my RC Mini speaker on (which is 9 pounds). And they look great.

Still probably best that I go with 2 more RC Mini centers or book shelves if they'd ever show back up on eBay.
Would $80 be a fair price for a pair of exl-26p's in mint condition?
wthomas69 is offline  
post #55844 of 55854 Old 01-18-2020, 08:28 AM
Member
 
wthomas69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
exl-26

Would $80 be a fair price for a pair of exl-26p's in mint condition
wthomas69 is offline  
post #55845 of 55854 Old 01-18-2020, 03:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
brendelac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,007
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by wthomas69 View Post
Would $80 be a fair price for a pair of exl-26p's in mint condition
I'd say so although pretty sure there was no e:XL-26P. Either e:XL26 or e:XL28P. If they have built-in subwoofers, they are the 28P, if not, they are the 26 (or possibly 25). They were Energy's entry level towers from the mid to late 90s, but made in Canada. I think I paid about $650cdn for the 26s when I bought mine brand new way back when. They were my first big-boy speakers. Keep in mind that if you ever need to replace any parts, you will likely have to source them from donor speakers rather than directly from Energy/Klipsch/Audiovox but for $80, you likely won't find anything better.

Last edited by brendelac; 01-18-2020 at 03:20 PM.
brendelac is offline  
post #55846 of 55854 Old 01-19-2020, 04:50 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: S. D., CA
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnan24 View Post
Thanks Deano, I'll give em a try when I move in.
tomnan24, I've used the mounting brackets on my 11# XL-16s. No problem. With the brackets. That is.

The face and backing plate bonds to the enclosures - different story. After ten years of hanging up there on those brackets, the glue turned to a wax-like sustance AND caused the plastic to turn brittle and crumbly where it came in contact with. So now even if I settle on an adhesive choice, I'll be gluing panels back on, that don't have the full structure of the mating surfaces to bond together.

Anyone care to reccommend an adhesive that will bond wood and plastic, with sufficient viscosity to set in the joint and create an airtight seal? Can't use a PVA because the curvature of the panels will make it nearly impossible to clamp. I think epoxy is out too 'cause it's not viscous enough - I'd either have to use enough filler to turn it into a paste and then play around with it till I get the catalyst ratio, or I'd have to make a quasi-mold using masking tape dams, inside an enclosure that I'm sealing at both ends!? Otherwise, the epoxy is just gonna come dribbling out of the joints.

The speakers are still in great shape and I think the enclosures are worth rehabing so I'm open to suggestions. Anyone know of any NOS sources for original parts?
ohmsmyearshurt is offline  
post #55847 of 55854 Old Yesterday, 06:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
deano86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,449
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeDiggler View Post
As they say, our Energy Minis aren't "real speakers". The V-5 has a 6.5 inch woofer, and good build quality (I read at least) and presumably would offer more of a "real speaker" sound, they could handle more lows, I could adjust my sub crossovers etc.
FYI, Just to be clear... the Veritas V5.1 models have 5.25 inch woofers and are still just plain overpriced when compared to any available RC-10 models ... especially when comparing sound quality .... which really should be pretty much identical.
LeeDiggler likes this.
deano86 is offline  
post #55848 of 55854 Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hernanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston Suburbs
Posts: 4,931
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1368 Post(s)
Liked: 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
FYI, Just to be clear... the Veritas V5.1 models have 5.25 inch woofers and are still just plain overpriced when compared to any available RC-10 models ... especially when comparing sound quality .... which really should be pretty much identical.

Agree. The RC-10's have been in use on my system for a while, started as front speakers and are now surrounds. I've no experience with the newer V's, just with an older sub V (doing nicely in a living room system).

The RC-10's perform really well.

I consider the RC-minis to be real speakers, excellent for their form factor, but are obviously not going to compete with the RC-10's or the RC-50's on my front right now.

Depends on your price point, but as deano mentions, the RC-10's are a great speaker.
LeeDiggler likes this.
hernanu is online now  
post #55849 of 55854 Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM
Newbie
 
LeeDiggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
FYI, Just to be clear... the Veritas V5.1 models have 5.25 inch woofers and are still just plain overpriced when compared to any available RC-10 models ... especially when comparing sound quality .... which really should be pretty much identical.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
Agree. The RC-10's have been in use on my system for a while, started as front speakers and are now surrounds. I've no experience with the newer V's, just with an older sub V (doing nicely in a living room system).

The RC-10's perform really well.

I consider the RC-minis to be real speakers, excellent for their form factor, but are obviously not going to compete with the RC-10's or the RC-50's on my front right now.

Depends on your price point, but as deano mentions, the RC-10's are a great speaker.

Thanks to you both. The V-5 attraction is pure WAF. They have them in cherry wood, which would match the RC mini's I have.

Would there be any issue with RC-10s matching with my RC-mini center channel?

Edit* also the RC-10s are a whopping 27 pounds! The V-5's are only 12 pounds and could be mounted.

The simplest solution for me would be 2 more RC Mini Centers/bookshelves

Last edited by LeeDiggler; Yesterday at 02:17 PM.
LeeDiggler is online now  
post #55850 of 55854 Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hernanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston Suburbs
Posts: 4,931
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1368 Post(s)
Liked: 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeDiggler View Post
Thanks to you both. The V-5 attraction is pure WAF. They have them in cherry wood, which would match the RC mini's I have.

Would there be any issue with RC-10s matching with my RC-mini center channel?

I never had an issue. It performs really well with an RC-mini center in my opinion.

I'd say with a RC-mini center, you'll be very content.
LeeDiggler likes this.
hernanu is online now  
post #55851 of 55854 Old Yesterday, 02:54 PM
Newbie
 
LeeDiggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
I never had an issue. It performs really well with an RC-mini center in my opinion.

I'd say with a RC-mini center, you'll be very content.

Thank you. I just noticed that the RC-10s are 27 pounds however.

Do you know anything about the CB-20s?
LeeDiggler is online now  
post #55852 of 55854 Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 29,730
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5000 Post(s)
Liked: 5440
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeDiggler View Post
Thank you. I just noticed that the RC-10s are 27 pounds however.

Do you know anything about the CB-20s?
The RC-10's are NOT 27 pounds. That is a long-standing spec error where they list the packaged weight for the pair as the weight in the specs (and by long-standing, I'm talking over a decade!).

The RC-10's are substantial speakers but they are more like 12-13 pounds each

The CB-20 is from the post-Klipsch entry level Connoisseur series, and is a significantly inferior speaker.
hernanu likes this.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
batpig is offline  
post #55853 of 55854 Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM
Newbie
 
LeeDiggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
The RC-10's are NOT 27 pounds. That is a long-standing spec error where they list the packaged weight for the pair as the weight in the specs (and by long-standing, I'm talking over a decade!).

The RC-10's are substantial speakers but they are more like 12-13 pounds each

The CB-20 is from the post-Klipsch entry level Connoisseur series, and is a significantly inferior speaker.
Oh wow thanks, batpig! That info makes these a firm option for me.

Any problem with mounting them on these (posted below), to the left and right of my center?

https://www.amazon.com/WALI-Channel-...85242206&psc=1
LeeDiggler is online now  
post #55854 of 55854 Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
deano86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,449
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeDiggler View Post
Oh wow thanks, batpig! That info makes these a firm option for me.

Any problem with mounting them on these (posted below), to the left and right of my center?

https://www.amazon.com/WALI-Channel-...85242206&psc=1
Uh... No... for RC-10s, use these:

https://www.amazon.com/Omnimount-15-.../dp/B015ZORL98
LeeDiggler likes this.
deano86 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off