Monitor Audio Owners Thread - Page 422 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 427Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #12631 of 12819 Old 03-16-2019, 04:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Monitor Audio Owners Thread

I am ready to pull the trigger for the 4th gen MA Gold’s. I’ve been wanting to upgrade to them from my Emotiva setup for my 5.2.4 since I added my record player a Rega Planar 6.

I’ve been listening to music a lot since then and seeing closeout prices for the Gold.

I would be replacing my Emotiva T1 and C1 for now atm.

I am thinking to get the MA Gold 200 and C150. I do have a Dual Monolith 12 sub that’s why I won’t go to 300.

My question is should I go with the C350 center? It would be a tight fit on my center console and can’t be angled directly to my listening position as it would be low.

Listening distance would be 8ft only.

What are your thoughts about the upgrade coming from an Emotiva T1 and C1?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paopawdecarabao is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12632 of 12819 Old 03-16-2019, 09:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,843
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Liked: 285
I have a 5.1.4 with gold 200 towers, gold 350 center and gold 50 surrounds along with 4 gold CT280-IDC along with 2 SVS PC4000 and a NAD 758 receiver

Would you guys familiar with these speakers say I could set the crossover at 80Hz for all??

Sony 75Z9D, Samsung 65JS9500
Monitor Audio Gold 200(2), Gold 350, Gold 50(2), Gold CT280-IDC(4). SVS PC4000(2).
NAD 758, Anthem MCA-5
Apple TV 4K, Nvidea Shield. Mac Mini (2018). Samsung UHD BluRay and X-Box One X. 14 Sonos
Chirosamsung is online now  
post #12633 of 12819 Old 03-18-2019, 07:04 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 4
On crossovers set it to suit the acoustics of your room. 80hz is a good place to start but experiment and see what you think sounds best.
Ian70 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12634 of 12819 Old 03-18-2019, 07:28 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I've become the owner of the new 5G Gold 200s this weekend as they're new I thought I'd give some impressions. Im upgrading from Silver RX6s and the electronics is Marantz SR8012.

They're harder to drive than previous MA speakers and they need a bit of space to get the best bass response. So best to avoid cheap amps and move them away from walls.

That said, they're very good indeed. And this after just 20 hours so they could get even better. The star is the tweeter, the other drivers are fine, even very good, but the tweeter is splendid. Very smooth response, not a hint of harshness irrespective of provocation. But with no obvious loss of bite and detail. Can't praise it enough really.

They're also kind of beautiful. The ebony high gloss finish is gorgeous.
Dookiethree, cyesp and Fabio-RS like this.
Ian70 is offline  
post #12635 of 12819 Old 03-19-2019, 09:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,843
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirosamsung View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirosamsung View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsv510 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirosamsung View Post
Another question about the in ceiling CT280-IDC. I couldn’t see anywhere instructing how to change the angle of the speaker (tweeter or woofer?) in the 280.

I don’t want to just pull on it and maybe breeak something...is there a way to safely angle it to MLP?
It looks like they're similar to my wt380-idc...you should be able to push on the entire center section. Try pushing on one of the indents. That whole center section tilts.
Another question about the CT-280 or 380 IDC.
When I was rotating the driver I noticed a switch for room gain on/off. It was set to off on all 4. What does this mean and should I leave off?

Also, it had another switch for 0 or +3 or -3.
It is set to 0. Same question..,
Bump
Anyone able to answer this??

Sony 75Z9D, Samsung 65JS9500
Monitor Audio Gold 200(2), Gold 350, Gold 50(2), Gold CT280-IDC(4). SVS PC4000(2).
NAD 758, Anthem MCA-5
Apple TV 4K, Nvidea Shield. Mac Mini (2018). Samsung UHD BluRay and X-Box One X. 14 Sonos
Chirosamsung is online now  
post #12636 of 12819 Old 03-24-2019, 05:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,843
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Does it matter, or make a difference if my speaker cable is going into my speakers (Gold 200 towers, gold 350 center and gold 50 surrounds) high pass or low pass inputs at the back of the speakers?

Is there a preference? Does it make a difference in sound? Do they all have to be the same?

I noticed they have those metallic connectors between the high and low inputs but still wanted to see if there was any logic to which one to attach into

Sony 75Z9D, Samsung 65JS9500
Monitor Audio Gold 200(2), Gold 350, Gold 50(2), Gold CT280-IDC(4). SVS PC4000(2).
NAD 758, Anthem MCA-5
Apple TV 4K, Nvidea Shield. Mac Mini (2018). Samsung UHD BluRay and X-Box One X. 14 Sonos
Chirosamsung is online now  
post #12637 of 12819 Old 03-24-2019, 02:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ambesolman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,749
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1166 Post(s)
Liked: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirosamsung View Post
Does it matter, or make a difference if my speaker cable is going into my speakers (Gold 200 towers, gold 350 center and gold 50 surrounds) high pass or low pass inputs at the back of the speakers?

Is there a preference? Does it make a difference in sound? Do they all have to be the same?

I noticed they have those metallic connectors between the high and low inputs but still wanted to see if there was any logic to which one to attach into


As long as the metal jumpers are connected then it doesn’t matter. If you take those off then you would have to connect an amp channel to both, ie biamp


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Rockbiter" DO SI18 sub build - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-d...o-si-18-a.html
Ambesolman's Cleverly Titled Theater build - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...ter-build.html
ambesolman is offline  
post #12638 of 12819 Old 03-28-2019, 08:02 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Hey, Monitor Audio enthusiasts. I'm new to the forum and hopefully posting to the correct category. If not, I apologize in advance and please redirect me.


I'm considering joining the ranks of MA Gold or Platinum owners. I had a chance to audition both the Silver 500 and PL100 ii this week. I currently own a more entry level system (brand to remain unnamed...) with Aluminum tweeters. As of late, my current system is really sounding painfully sibilant, so I went in search of a speaker with smoother sounding upper range. Auditioning the MA Silvers sounded too much like the aluminum tweeters in my current set. The PL100s, however, really shined superior to my current setup of 2 1/2 way speakers (and every other speaker I auditioned). I auditioned several brands with silk dome tweeters but I was impressed at the smoothness of the ribbon tweeter in the MA PL100.



No MA Golds were available for audition, though I'm interested in how the floor standing MA Gold 300s for both sound and fit for my budget. The retailer stated they utilize the same ribbon tweeter as the Platinum series. So, I'm wondering, to anyone who's heard them, how to they compare? The PL100s are fantastic and I probably don't need more, but I love floor standing speakers for their depth and range. Has anyone heard the new version and possibly the matching center? How do the new MA Gold compare with the speakers they're replacing and with the Platinum line? Is the PL100 bookshelf superior to the Gold 200s or even a match for the Gold 300s?


Auditioning the Golds looks like it may require a 200 mile drive. I'm hoping some of the seasoned MA enthusiasts here might give some insight as to what to expect before hitting the road.


Thanks in advance.
Stranger_in_the_Alps is offline  
post #12639 of 12819 Old 03-30-2019, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,843
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger_in_the_Alps View Post
Hey, Monitor Audio enthusiasts. I'm new to the forum and hopefully posting to the correct category. If not, I apologize in advance and please redirect me.


I'm considering joining the ranks of MA Gold or Platinum owners. I had a chance to audition both the Silver 500 and PL100 ii this week. I currently own a more entry level system (brand to remain unnamed...) with Aluminum tweeters. As of late, my current system is really sounding painfully sibilant, so I went in search of a speaker with smoother sounding upper range. Auditioning the MA Silvers sounded too much like the aluminum tweeters in my current set. The PL100s, however, really shined superior to my current setup of 2 1/2 way speakers (and every other speaker I auditioned). I auditioned several brands with silk dome tweeters but I was impressed at the smoothness of the ribbon tweeter in the MA PL100.



No MA Golds were available for audition, though I'm interested in how the floor standing MA Gold 300s for both sound and fit for my budget. The retailer stated they utilize the same ribbon tweeter as the Platinum series. So, I'm wondering, to anyone who's heard them, how to they compare? The PL100s are fantastic and I probably don't need more, but I love floor standing speakers for their depth and range. Has anyone heard the new version and possibly the matching center? How do the new MA Gold compare with the speakers they're replacing and with the Platinum line? Is the PL100 bookshelf superior to the Gold 200s or even a match for the Gold 300s?


Auditioning the Golds looks like it may require a 200 mile drive. I'm hoping some of the seasoned MA enthusiasts here might give some insight as to what to expect before hitting the road.


Thanks in advance.
I have Gold 200 towers and gold 350 center as well as gold 50 surrounds in my 5.1.4 setup and the sound is unreal. Here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	46371E2C-6F1E-4D5C-B6A1-205E913F752A_1553972144451.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	2546418   Click image for larger version

Name:	F28C677A-1A0E-4E66-8753-F277CC86A303_1553972167576.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	2546420   Click image for larger version

Name:	9BA6A7B6-513F-449E-A699-2326E9AA5A8F_1553972199791.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	2546422  

Sony 75Z9D, Samsung 65JS9500
Monitor Audio Gold 200(2), Gold 350, Gold 50(2), Gold CT280-IDC(4). SVS PC4000(2).
NAD 758, Anthem MCA-5
Apple TV 4K, Nvidea Shield. Mac Mini (2018). Samsung UHD BluRay and X-Box One X. 14 Sonos
Chirosamsung is online now  
post #12640 of 12819 Old 03-31-2019, 11:39 AM
Senior Member
 
fatallerror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 410
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paopawdecarabao View Post
I am ready to pull the trigger for the 4th gen MA Gold’s. I’ve been wanting to upgrade to them from my Emotiva setup for my 5.2.4 since I added my record player a Rega Planar 6.

I’ve been listening to music a lot since then and seeing closeout prices for the Gold.

I would be replacing my Emotiva T1 and C1 for now atm.

I am thinking to get the MA Gold 200 and C150. I do have a Dual Monolith 12 sub that’s why I won’t go to 300.

My question is should I go with the C350 center? It would be a tight fit on my center console and can’t be angled directly to my listening position as it would be low.

Listening distance would be 8ft only.

What are your thoughts about the upgrade coming from an Emotiva T1 and C1?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why do you want to replace the Emotiva?
fatallerror is offline  
post #12641 of 12819 Old 03-31-2019, 05:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 163
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirosamsung View Post
I have Gold 200 towers and gold 350 center as well as gold 50 surrounds in my 5.1.4 setup and the sound is unreal. Here are some pics
That room turned out really nice!
ctsv510 is offline  
post #12642 of 12819 Old 03-31-2019, 06:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,843
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Liked: 285
I currently have 16 gauge wire in less then 10-12 feet for my Gold 200 towers and only a few feet for my Gold 350 center channel. They are driven by a 170 wpc anthem amp and I was wondering if “upgrading” to a 14 or 12 gauge wire would make much or any audible difference in this scenario?

Sony 75Z9D, Samsung 65JS9500
Monitor Audio Gold 200(2), Gold 350, Gold 50(2), Gold CT280-IDC(4). SVS PC4000(2).
NAD 758, Anthem MCA-5
Apple TV 4K, Nvidea Shield. Mac Mini (2018). Samsung UHD BluRay and X-Box One X. 14 Sonos

Last edited by Chirosamsung; 04-01-2019 at 04:46 AM.
Chirosamsung is online now  
post #12643 of 12819 Old 04-01-2019, 07:12 AM
Senior Member
 
wiggindude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
What are your thoughts on MA Bronze 6 vs SVS Prime towers, they are rough the same price. My budget is 1K for 2 channel stereo and some blu-ray concert for casual listening not at reference volume. Thanks.
wiggindude is offline  
post #12644 of 12819 Old 04-14-2019, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,843
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsv510 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirosamsung View Post
I have Gold 200 towers and gold 350 center as well as gold 50 surrounds in my 5.1.4 setup and the sound is unreal. Here are some pics
That room turned out really nice!
Thank you-I’m very pleased with how it sounds especially with the DIRAC in my NAD 758 room correction for the MA gold speakers

Sony 75Z9D, Samsung 65JS9500
Monitor Audio Gold 200(2), Gold 350, Gold 50(2), Gold CT280-IDC(4). SVS PC4000(2).
NAD 758, Anthem MCA-5
Apple TV 4K, Nvidea Shield. Mac Mini (2018). Samsung UHD BluRay and X-Box One X. 14 Sonos
Chirosamsung is online now  
post #12645 of 12819 Old 04-14-2019, 08:31 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
[QUOTE=deane1098;57605316]
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerain View Post

Hi @purplerain . I had the exact speaker setup as you. I switched to the silver 300, c350, rxfx and silver 50. While I dont think there is a huge difference in the rxfx, the front 3 were night and day better sounding. Quite a bit more bottom end and much more clear and accurate midrange. Very smooth and not bright. I running them with an anthem MRX 1120. The imaging is outstanding. Im using 2 PSA s1510 df subs so I didn't feel I needed the 500's. I am extremely happy with the upgrade. Hope this helps. Cheers
I currently have the silver 8 towers with the matching silver centre. I wanted to upgrade to the c350. how does your c350 blend with the silver 8s? I emailed MA and they said there is a significant sonic difference between them and not sure how it would sound.
bossmustang89 is offline  
post #12646 of 12819 Old 04-14-2019, 01:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
purplerain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 659
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 90
[quote=bossmustang89;57899978]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deane1098 View Post

I currently have the silver 8 towers with the matching silver centre. I wanted to upgrade to the c350. how does your c350 blend with the silver 8s? I emailed MA and they said there is a significant sonic difference between them and not sure how it would sound.
I went with Funk Audio instead of MA

*ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY*
*TV: Sony XBR65Z9D* - *BD Player: Pioneer UDP-LX 500* - *AVR: Yamaha RX-A3070* - *Audio System: (2) Funk Audio 6.1P’s towers - (2) Funk Audio 3.4D’s surrounds - (1) Funk 18.0C sub*
purplerain is offline  
post #12647 of 12819 Old 05-05-2019, 05:42 AM
Member
 
Dookiethree's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirosamsung View Post
I have Gold 200 towers and gold 350 center as well as gold 50 surrounds in my 5.1.4 setup and the sound is unreal. Here are some pics

I can't tell for sure but those look like SVS PC-4000's ? How do you like them? Happy with your choice to match with your 200's?



Doug
Dookiethree is offline  
post #12648 of 12819 Old 05-05-2019, 02:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Brasil
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian70 View Post
I've become the owner of the new 5G Gold 200s this weekend as they're new I thought I'd give some impressions. Im upgrading from Silver RX6s and the electronics is Marantz SR8012.
They're harder to drive than previous MA speakers and they need a bit of space to get the best bass response. So best to avoid cheap amps and move them away from walls.
That said, they're very good indeed. And this after just 20 hours so they could get even better. The star is the tweeter, the other drivers are fine, even very good, but the tweeter is splendid. Very smooth response, not a hint of harshness irrespective of provocation. But with no obvious loss of bite and detail. Can't praise it enough really.
They're also kind of beautiful. The ebony high gloss finish is gorgeous.

After this period since your posting, what do you think about the new Gold 200?
Fabio-RS is offline  
post #12649 of 12819 Old 05-06-2019, 09:08 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I'm still very happy with them Fabio. They're good all rounders. Found them a little too civilised at first, coming from the RX6s which are exciting speakers. But they seem to have loosened up a little and haven't lost any of any of the wonderful detail and imaging.
Fabio-RS likes this.
Ian70 is offline  
post #12650 of 12819 Old 05-06-2019, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,843
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dookiethree View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirosamsung View Post
I have Gold 200 towers and gold 350 center as well as gold 50 surrounds in my 5.1.4 setup and the sound is unreal. Here are some pics

I can't tell for sure but those look like SVS PC-4000's ? How do you like them? Happy with your choice to match with your 200's?



Doug
Ya-the PC4000s are great at filling in the low end for movies and giving a lot of thump and tactile sensation.

The Gold 200s in my opinion are matching great with the 350 center. I’m not sure but “maybe” without a sub would be the only way to tell that the 350 is a bit stronger then the 200-but with sub(s) they seem great together for music and movies.
Dookiethree likes this.

Sony 75Z9D, Samsung 65JS9500
Monitor Audio Gold 200(2), Gold 350, Gold 50(2), Gold CT280-IDC(4). SVS PC4000(2).
NAD 758, Anthem MCA-5
Apple TV 4K, Nvidea Shield. Mac Mini (2018). Samsung UHD BluRay and X-Box One X. 14 Sonos
Chirosamsung is online now  
post #12651 of 12819 Old 05-06-2019, 09:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,843
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Ceiling speaker crossover crew recommendations

I have an all MA Gold speaker setup 5.1.4 and was wondering if anyone has their ceiling speakers for atmos setup differently then 80 Hz crossover. Currently I just cross all speakers over at 80 Hz since I heard that’s the most common.

I have 4 CT280-CDC

Does anyone recommend higher crossover for these or should I keep it at 80?

Sony 75Z9D, Samsung 65JS9500
Monitor Audio Gold 200(2), Gold 350, Gold 50(2), Gold CT280-IDC(4). SVS PC4000(2).
NAD 758, Anthem MCA-5
Apple TV 4K, Nvidea Shield. Mac Mini (2018). Samsung UHD BluRay and X-Box One X. 14 Sonos
Chirosamsung is online now  
post #12652 of 12819 Old 05-06-2019, 05:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 3
New to Monitor Audio, is it worth to buy Gold 200 4G over spending extra for Gold 200 5G?

I auditioned MA Gold 300 5G in store this weekend and loved the sound. Seemed better than Kef R700 and Focal Aria 936.

Seeking your guys advice on difference in audio quality between 4th generation and 5th generation. Along with difference in sound quality between Gold 200 vs Gold 300.

What be a good price to pay for a new last generation Gold 200 set?

Also shall I pair Gold 200 with center channel Gold 150 or Gold 250? Thanks.

For ceiling and wall duties (7.2.4) thinking to go with CS180, to keep same sound bubble around.

Please share your thoughts to make a great sounding monitor audio 7.2.4 system.
Fabio-RS likes this.
kam.sanghera is offline  
post #12653 of 12819 Old 05-07-2019, 09:26 AM
Senior Member
 
wiggindude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
How well would a MA Bronze center works with MA Silver 8 towers? I can get a Bronze center for $150 versus a Monitor Audio Silver C150 which costs around $725.
wiggindude is offline  
post #12654 of 12819 Old 05-07-2019, 11:58 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I can't directly compare the 4 and 5G Golds because I've only heard the 5G version but I can say it's got a great tweeter that is probably better, depending on your taste than the ribbons on the older model. Thing is there should be some bargains around on the 4Gs so they must be very tempting.

What convinced me was gorgeous ebony high gloss finish on the 5Gs, it looks like high quality antique (yet very modern) furniture when you've got it in your front room.
Ian70 is offline  
post #12655 of 12819 Old 05-07-2019, 01:07 PM
Senior Member
 
AndreNewman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 248
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggindude View Post
How well would a MA Bronze center works with MA Silver 8 towers? I can get a Bronze center for $150 versus a Monitor Audio Silver C150 which costs around $725.


Well I have Silver 8’s and the same generation centre did not compare well. The new generation C350 I have now is a good pairing. It measures better but similar to the 8’s and sounds great, center is the most important channel in a movie.

I have Bronze 1’s and FX elsewhere and they are nothing like the silver 8’s, not even close. I used to use them as surrounds but got some end of stock Silver 1’s to replace them recently, much better match.

I can’t imagine a Bronze center will be up to scratch, phantom center would be better in my opinion!
AndreNewman is offline  
post #12656 of 12819 Old 05-08-2019, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,843
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreNewman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggindude View Post
How well would a MA Bronze center works with MA Silver 8 towers? I can get a Bronze center for $150 versus a Monitor Audio Silver C150 which costs around $725.


Well I have Silver 8’s and the same generation centre did not compare well. The new generation C350 I have now is a good pairing. It measures better but similar to the 8’s and sounds great, center is the most important channel in a movie.

I have Bronze 1’s and FX elsewhere and they are nothing like the silver 8’s, not even close. I used to use them as surrounds but got some end of stock Silver 1’s to replace them recently, much better match.

I can’t imagine a Bronze center will be up to scratch, phantom center would be better in my opinion!
If you are serious about audio or home theatre you will not make the centre channel a bronze-if anything you would want to go with a class ABOVE and not BELOW for the most important speaker in your setup. Go with Gold or Silver if can’t afford gold.

Sony 75Z9D, Samsung 65JS9500
Monitor Audio Gold 200(2), Gold 350, Gold 50(2), Gold CT280-IDC(4). SVS PC4000(2).
NAD 758, Anthem MCA-5
Apple TV 4K, Nvidea Shield. Mac Mini (2018). Samsung UHD BluRay and X-Box One X. 14 Sonos
Chirosamsung is online now  
post #12657 of 12819 Old 05-08-2019, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,843
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirosamsung View Post
I have an all MA Gold speaker setup 5.1.4 and was wondering if anyone has their ceiling speakers for atmos setup differently then 80 Hz crossover. Currently I just cross all speakers over at 80 Hz since I heard that’s the most common.

I have 4 CT280-CDC

Does anyone recommend higher crossover for these or should I keep it at 80?
Bump

Sony 75Z9D, Samsung 65JS9500
Monitor Audio Gold 200(2), Gold 350, Gold 50(2), Gold CT280-IDC(4). SVS PC4000(2).
NAD 758, Anthem MCA-5
Apple TV 4K, Nvidea Shield. Mac Mini (2018). Samsung UHD BluRay and X-Box One X. 14 Sonos
Chirosamsung is online now  
post #12658 of 12819 Old 05-08-2019, 06:17 PM
Senior Member
 
wiggindude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreNewman View Post
Well I have Silver 8’s and the same generation centre did not compare well. The new generation C350 I have now is a good pairing. It measures better but similar to the 8’s and sounds great, center is the most important channel in a movie.

I have Bronze 1’s and FX elsewhere and they are nothing like the silver 8’s, not even close. I used to use them as surrounds but got some end of stock Silver 1’s to replace them recently, much better match.

I can’t imagine a Bronze center will be up to scratch, phantom center would be better in my opinion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirosamsung View Post
If you are serious about audio or home theatre you will not make the centre channel a bronze-if anything you would want to go with a class ABOVE and not BELOW for the most important speaker in your setup. Go with Gold or Silver if can’t afford gold.



Thanks. I will wait and see if I can find a used one instead of getting the Bronze series.
wiggindude is offline  
post #12659 of 12819 Old 05-08-2019, 11:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam.sanghera View Post
New to Monitor Audio, is it worth to buy Gold 200 4G over spending extra for Gold 200 5G?

I auditioned MA Gold 300 5G in store this weekend and loved the sound. Seemed better than Kef R700 and Focal Aria 936.

Seeking your guys advice on difference in audio quality between 4th generation and 5th generation. Along with difference in sound quality between Gold 200 vs Gold 300.

What be a good price to pay for a new last generation Gold 200 set?

Also shall I pair Gold 200 with center channel Gold 150 or Gold 250? Thanks.

For ceiling and wall duties (7.2.4) thinking to go with CS180, to keep same sound bubble around.

Please share your thoughts to make a great sounding monitor audio 7.2.4 system.
bump
kam.sanghera is offline  
post #12660 of 12819 Old 05-09-2019, 08:55 AM
Member
 
jayman_1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking for a pair of Gold GS10 in Walnut
jayman_1975 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
cp-wt380idc , Denon Avr 3806 Av Receiver , Denon Blu Ray Dvd Cd Player , Jl Audio Brand , Monitor Audio , Nad , Parasound , Receivers Amplifiers , Sunfire , Toshiba , tube amp , tubes

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off