Monitor Audio Owners Thread - Page 428 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 427Likes

post #12811 of 12823 Old 11-06-2019, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 11
MA Bronze 6 floorstanders

Hey All,
Does anyone here have experience or opinions on the MA Bronze towers (either the 5 or 6)? I'm looking to upgrade my LCR with some decent floorstanding speakers (I'm trying to stay in the ballpark of $1300 for the L/R and center channel).
I'm torn between MA Bronze 6 and Paradigm's entry Monitor SE 6000f towers, which are currently on sale. I've auditioned both speakers and there are things I appreciate about each of them. The Paradigms are a bit more present with crisp highs and great dynamics. The MA Bronze 6 seem a bit warmer but with great bass extension.
Usage is 80% movies, 20% music listening. Receiver is a Yamaha RX-v781. Appreciate any feedback or other recommendations.
Gamecock24 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12812 of 12823 Old 11-07-2019, 07:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronarchy View Post
Hey All,

Does anyone here have experience or opinions on the MA Bronze towers (either the 5 or 6)? I'm looking to upgrade my LCR with some decent floorstanding speakers (I'm trying to stay in the ballpark of $1300 for the L/R and center channel).

I'm torn between MA Bronze 6 and Paradigm's entry Monitor SE 6000f towers, which are currently on sale. I've auditioned both speakers and there are things I appreciate about each of them. The Paradigms are a bit more present with crisp highs and great dynamics. The MA Bronze 6 seem a bit warmer but with great bass extension.

Usage is 80% movies, 20% music listening. Receiver is a Yamaha RX-v781. Appreciate any feedback or other recommendations.

Audio Advice has the Paradigms on sale right now 25% off so that could save a few hundred dollars for you to spend on other equipment. @DLCPhoto is a sales rep there and helped me with purchasing my new screen, I’m sure he would be glad to help you out. I just got that email this morning about the sale. I think you’ll be happy with either speaker though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DLCPhoto likes this.
post #12813 of 12823 Old 11-07-2019, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock24 View Post
Audio Advice has the Paradigms on sale right now 25% off so that could save a few hundred dollars for you to spend on other equipment. @DLCPhoto is a sales rep there and helped me with purchasing my new screen, I’m sure he would be glad to help you out. I just got that email this morning about the sale. I think you’ll be happy with either speaker though.

Thanks for the reply. My local dealer also has the Paradigms on 25% discount, which runs through November. As a side note, right before they went on sale Paradigm actually increased the price of the Monitor SE line to help counter China tariffs. So it's still a good deal but not quite as significant.
My only reservations about them are that they might get fatiguing over time in the treble, and from an appearance standpoint they are just so plain looking. The MA Bronze by comparison has a nice warm tone, and looks like a more premium speaker, although at a slightly higher price point.
Any idea of the quality of components used in their Bronze line compared with say the Silver?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12814 of 12823 Old 11-07-2019, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. My local dealer also has the Paradigms on 25% discount, which runs through November. As a side note, right before they went on sale Paradigm actually increased the price of the Monitor SE line to help counter China tariffs. So it's still a good deal but not quite as significant.

My only reservations about them are that they might get fatiguing over time in the treble, and from an appearance standpoint they are just so plain looking. The MA Bronze by comparison has a nice warm tone, and looks like a more premium speaker, although at a slightly higher price point.

Any idea of the quality of components used in their Bronze line compared with say the Silver?

I hear you on the appearance of the Paradigms they are just Plane Jane looking. MA does make some pretty speakers. I especially love the look of the piano ebony but I don’t have $5k to spend on a new set of towers so I’ll be content with my black ash Silver 6’s. I’ve only heard a set bronze series speakers years ago at a friends house but I did like them enough to consider getting a pair of Bronze towers. I came across a used set of Silver 6’s on Audiogon and got them for less than a new set of Bronze towers at the time.

post #12815 of 12823 Old 11-08-2019, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Hey All,
I used to have a pair of BX5's, which are not very different from the current Bronze 5's - someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I still have a BX2/1/Centre set in storage that I'm planning to use in my future home theater very soon. The BX5's were in my stereo set, and I loved their sound (well, I had some beaten up vintage speakers before them, so the comparison may not have been fair). The design and finish were great too, I don't think there was much competition in that regard when I bought them. The magnetic grilles are a nice touch. And the current drivers look even better than the BX's in my opinion.

I also listened to some Paradigm Monitors (not sure about the model) 3 years ago in a store. I wasn't blown away, but wasn't disappointed either. I believe I would be satisfied with them too.

One more thing to consider: the current MA Bronze line has been around for a few years. I suspect it will be replaced soon. If you're not in a big hurry, it may be worth to wait for the new models to come in. You can buy the new ones or get some big discounts on the current ones.

Not sure if I helped much. I hope I did.

Cheers,

VMat

Last edited by VMat; 11-08-2019 at 09:24 AM.
post #12816 of 12823 Old 11-08-2019, 10:56 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hey all,

I currently have a pair of Bronze 6's and a Bronze center for my front 3 speakers in a 5.0 setup. I'm currently running a pair of Andrew Jones Pioneer BS21s for surrounds, but would like to upgrade so everything matches and am looking to get a pair of Bronze bookshelves to replace the Pioneers. For that purpose would it make sense to spend a little more for the Bronze 2's or would the 1's be good enough?
post #12817 of 12823 Old 11-08-2019, 11:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus_Snake View Post
Hey all,

I currently have a pair of Bronze 6's and a Bronze center for my front 3 speakers in a 5.0 setup. I'm currently running a pair of Andrew Jones Pioneer BS21s for surrounds, but would like to upgrade so everything matches and am looking to get a pair of Bronze bookshelves to replace the Pioneers. For that purpose would it make sense to spend a little more for the Bronze 2's or would the 1's be good enough?
The Bronze 1's should be just fine for surround duty.

Home Theatre: Onkyo TX-NR747 | Polk Audio RTi A3 Front L/R | Polk Audio CSi A6 Centre | Polk Audio RTi A1 Surround L/R | HSU ULS-15 MK2 Subwoofer | Sony XBR55X900E | PlayStation 4 Pro | Xbox One S

Music: Cambridge Audio AXR100 | Stanton T.62 | Cambridge Audio AXC35 | KEF Q150 L/R | Elac S10EQ Subwoofer
post #12818 of 12823 Old 11-09-2019, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
would the 1's be good enough?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Statz View Post
The Bronze 1's should be just fine for surround duty.
+1. Based on my BX1's.

It might be relevant as well that the Bronze 1 has a thread hole for mounting. The Bronze 2 doesn't.

Cheers,

VMat

Yam A-S500, CDC-697, NS-BP300, RX-V800, RX-A1000, DVD-C750; Squeezebox V3; H/K TD4500; Pio CT-WM62R, DV-46, DV-400, DV-420, BDP-320, DV-610, VSX-1025, VSX-821; Sansui TU-D99X, SE-7; Tech SU-Z65, ST-Z45, RS-M229X; Pana DMP-BD30; AT ATH-M35, ATH-M40fs; Audioengine D1; Tomato Pi; Athena LS-100b; MA GX200, BX2/1/Centre; CA DacMagic, Minx 10; BIC Acoustech H-100.
post #12819 of 12823 Old 11-09-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMat View Post
+1. Based on my BX1's.

It might be relevant as well that the Bronze 1 has a thread hole for mounting. The Bronze 2 doesn't.

Cheers,

VMat
Thanks! I think that's enough to push me to the Bronze 1.
Gamecock24 likes this.
post #12820 of 12823 Old 11-15-2019, 01:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1244 Post(s)
Liked: 1083
Quote:
Hey all,

I would upgrade to 5.1 before touching the rest of the speakers.

In my setup I have six BX1's mounted in the ceiling for Atmos/DTS:X duty. They are good but definitely need a subwoofer for the low end. The mounting hole in the 1's is very useful and pretty much the only reason I didn't go BX2's.

Tower Cinema - 9.1.6 in a 12'x12' room
Input : Nvidia Shield TV, Panasonic DMP-UB400
Magic : Marantz SR7010, Marantz SR6010, 2x NAD T743
Output : Panasonic TX65EZ952B, SVS PB13 Ultra, Monitor Audio GSLCR 2xGS20 2xGS10 4xGSFX 6xBX1
post #12821 of 12823 Old 11-15-2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
I would upgrade to 5.1 before touching the rest of the speakers.

In my setup I have six BX1's mounted in the ceiling for Atmos/DTS:X duty. They are good but definitely need a subwoofer for the low end. The mounting hole in the 1's is very useful and pretty much the only reason I didn't go BX2's.
Already bought the 1s, but a sub will be next upgrade. The mounting holes are definitely a big plus just for the flexibility to later mount them if I want. TBH, there wasn't much room for a sub in the living room until my roommate and I shifted some things around so I didn't really consider one. Also the 6's are already a pretty noticeable improvement over the Pioneers I upgraded from in the bass department so I haven't been feeling the need to complete the 5.1 setup yet.
post #12822 of 12823 Old 11-15-2019, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Are there any difference between silver 1 or bx2? Can you tell me about the 1?
post #12823 of 12823 Old 11-15-2019, 09:30 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone near Evans City, PA that has time to help a fellow out? If so, please pm me.

Last edited by songmeesay; 11-15-2019 at 11:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
cp-wt380idc , Denon Avr 3806 Av Receiver , Denon Blu Ray Dvd Cd Player , Jl Audio Brand , Monitor Audio , Nad , Parasound , Receivers Amplifiers , Sunfire , Toshiba , tube amp , tubes

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page