Klipsch owner thread - Page 1655 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23537Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #49621 of 58412 Old 06-20-2016, 06:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,429
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 1428
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmyforte View Post
I would second the Sony 850C series. PQ seems pretty darn good for an lcd.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
But does it have horns???

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Korben Dallas, "The Fifth Element"
Mongo171 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #49622 of 58412 Old 06-20-2016, 07:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Scars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by RvK1 View Post
Scars,
I had a look at the outdoor speakers, they seem to be right for the job. I was a bit scared of the timbre not matching the Heresey's, but i guess there is no perfect solution to be found.
i was wondering though, isn't it possible to just screw a couple of Klipsch bookshelf spekers (R15M) to the ceiling and aim them at the mlp using brackets, or are the AW-650 outdoorspeakers just as good as the R15M?
I'm sure you could do that. For me, I'm a bit paranoid about the heavier weight on the bracket. Also, the big block of black or cherry attached to the ceiling would be a bit of a nonstarter with my wife. The outdoor speakers come in black and white, and the website says you could paint them.

If you compared the specs side by side, you'd find that the outdoor speakers are slights more sensitive than the Reference bookshelves, but less sensitive than the Reference Premier bookshelves. The built in crossover for the outdoor speakers is higher, and they also have a lower peak wattage handling.

I think by using the outdoor speakers you gain a speaker that was designed to be mounted, a (generally) lighter speaker, a (generally) smaller profile and you're getting a very respectable speaker.

Bookshelf info per the website, available in cherry or black:
R-14M Dimensions: 9.75" H x 5.88” W x 7.5" D ... 7.13 lbs
R-15M Dimensions: 12.5" x 7” x 8.11" ... 10.3 lbs <--- You referenced this one. Normally $250/pair.
RP-150M Dimensions: 14.57” x 7.67” x 10.67" ... 14.7 lbs
RP-160M Dimensions: 16.67” x 8.81” x 12.86” ... 19.9 lbs

Outdoor info per the website, available in white or black:
AW-650 Dimensions: 15" H x 9.5" W x 11" D ... 9 lbs
AW-525 Dimensions: 11.8" x 8" x 9" ... 6.5 lbs
AW-500 Dimensions: 11.8" x 8" x 9" ... 6 lbs
AW-400 Dimensions: 9.5" x 6.5" x 7.25" ... 5 lbs <--- I would use this one. Normally $250/pair.
CP-6 Dimensions: 11" x 7" x 6.1" ... 5.8 lbs

My Room 7.3:
LG OLED65B7A; Sony UBP-X700; Sony Playstation 4 Pro; Apple TV 4K; SONOS Connect
Denon AVR-X3400H; Klipsch RP-280F (L/R), RP-450C (C), RP-250S (SL/SR), RP-240D (RL/RR); PSA V1510 (x3 SW)
Scars is offline  
post #49623 of 58412 Old 06-20-2016, 07:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Denmark
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Question

I recently bought a whole new set of Klipsch speakers (in signature) and was thinking about buying a new receiver/processor and a amp (maybe pre-amp if need).

Someone said to me that some receivers and amps go better with some speakers, is this correct?

What I've been looking at is Denon, Marantz and Rotel, but I don't really know what I need or what to look for in them.

It's for a 5.1, but I have some JBL ES100 speakers (the are speaker stands at this moment for the side surrounds ) that I might use as either rear or side surround. But if I need a more expensive amp/receiver, I might just skip it then.

Any chance of helping me out a little?

Budget is around 1500-3000USD.

Thanks!

I don't really know if this is the correct place to ask this or if I should ask in the receiver/amp forum section.

TV Sony A1 65" | Receiver Anthem MRX 720 | Source OPPO UDP-205 | Front Klipsch RP-280F | Center Klipsch RP-450C | Sides Klipsch RP-250S | Sub SVS PB-2000
Greenish_thump is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #49624 of 58412 Old 06-20-2016, 10:57 AM
Newbie
 
avif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I bought 2 pairs of klipsch rp-150m and I want to mount them for dolby atmos height speakers.
did someone can recommended for ceiling mounts for them?
if someone mount the rp-150m on ceiling please help me to do so .
sorry about my English .
avif is offline  
post #49625 of 58412 Old 06-21-2016, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DaJoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,137
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 787
anyone tried these RP-140SA yet in combination with RF-82II ? if so, can you tell me how that works out ?
i'm still thinking about getting 4 of those, but they're only for sale online here in netherlands and i can't listen to them :-/
these old salora speakers i still have match fairly well in combination with my klipsch setup, strangly enough.. they're like 28 years old, but do the trick for me.
can't stop wondering though how much better it would be to have klipsches as heights.

Klipsch fronts 2xRF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz , center RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz , sides 2xRS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz , rears 2xRB-81-II 150W 44Hz-24KHz , heights 2x Salora T25i
Yamaha RX-A3040, SVS PB13-Ultra 1000W 14-200hz
4 mm el cheapo wire / Samsung UE-ES8000S TV+evo 2014 / Optoma DH-1015 Sony PS3
DaJoJo is offline  
post #49626 of 58412 Old 06-21-2016, 02:23 PM
Senior Member
 
itsmyforte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: IN
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 199
I would tell you the 140sa works very well, but I am heavily biased. Hopefully some others will chime in with their thoughts.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Soupy1970 and kelly.mcaloney like this.
itsmyforte is offline  
post #49627 of 58412 Old 06-21-2016, 02:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DaJoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,137
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmyforte View Post
I would tell you the 140sa works very well, but I am heavily biased. Hopefully some others will chime in with their thoughts.
Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
thnx.
lol yeah so am i.. genuine klipsch fanboy

Klipsch fronts 2xRF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz , center RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz , sides 2xRS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz , rears 2xRB-81-II 150W 44Hz-24KHz , heights 2x Salora T25i
Yamaha RX-A3040, SVS PB13-Ultra 1000W 14-200hz
4 mm el cheapo wire / Samsung UE-ES8000S TV+evo 2014 / Optoma DH-1015 Sony PS3
DaJoJo is offline  
post #49628 of 58412 Old 06-21-2016, 03:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,429
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 1428
I guess you can say that forte is an ultimate fanboy. Lol
Mongo171 is offline  
post #49629 of 58412 Old 06-21-2016, 06:33 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scars View Post
I'm sure you could do that. For me, I'm a bit paranoid about the heavier weight on the bracket. Also, the big block of black or cherry attached to the ceiling would be a bit of a nonstarter with my wife. The outdoor speakers come in black and white, and the website says you could paint them.

If you compared the specs side by side, you'd find that the outdoor speakers are slights more sensitive than the Reference bookshelves, but less sensitive than the Reference Premier bookshelves. The built in crossover for the outdoor speakers is higher, and they also have a lower peak wattage handling.

I think by using the outdoor speakers you gain a speaker that was designed to be mounted, a (generally) lighter speaker, a (generally) smaller profile and you're getting a very respectable speaker.

Bookshelf info per the website, available in cherry or black:
R-14M Dimensions: 9.75" H x 5.88” W x 7.5" D ... 7.13 lbs
R-15M Dimensions: 12.5" x 7” x 8.11" ... 10.3 lbs <--- You referenced this one. Normally $250/pair.
RP-150M Dimensions: 14.57” x 7.67” x 10.67" ... 14.7 lbs
RP-160M Dimensions: 16.67” x 8.81” x 12.86” ... 19.9 lbs

Outdoor info per the website, available in white or black:
AW-650 Dimensions: 15" H x 9.5" W x 11" D ... 9 lbs
AW-525 Dimensions: 11.8" x 8" x 9" ... 6.5 lbs
AW-500 Dimensions: 11.8" x 8" x 9" ... 6 lbs
AW-400 Dimensions: 9.5" x 6.5" x 7.25" ... 5 lbs <--- I would use this one. Normally $250/pair.
CP-6 Dimensions: 11" x 7" x 6.1" ... 5.8 lbs
Thanks again for the information Scars.


I have decided to go for the outdoor speakers, you had good point with the estetics of the Bookshelf speakers stuc to the ceiling


maybe i'll go for the AW- 525 or 650, the 400 only get down to 91 Hz.
i know that the atmos spec says 100 Hz so they should be sufficient, but i like to have a little bit of headroom. In the past there was no need for good surround speakers, but in the years following the surrounds were used more and more and the small speakers i had were soon not enough.


Thanks again and greetings,
RvK1.
RvK1 is offline  
post #49630 of 58412 Old 06-21-2016, 06:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
Soupy1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis Metro (IL.)
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by RvK1 View Post
Thanks again for the information Scars.


I have decided to go for the outdoor speakers, you had good point with the estetics of the Bookshelf speakers stuc to the ceiling


maybe i'll go for the AW- 525 or 650, the 400 only get down to 91 Hz.
i know that the atmos spec says 100 Hz so they should be sufficient, but i like to have a little bit of headroom. In the past there was no need for good surround speakers, but in the years following the surrounds were used more and more and the small speakers i had were soon not enough.


Thanks again and greetings,
RvK1.
I had the AW-525's for a few days. They are nice speakers that will play full range. I think Audyssey detected them at 60Hz in my room. If not 60, it was 80Hz for sure becasue that is where I had them set during demo.

I would have stuck with them, but unfortunately my ceiling is only 7.5 ft so they 8" hang was just to close and I didn't get great separation.

Included Pic to show them hanging from ceiling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12952699_10208165789576854_950695142_o.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	1509298  

Denon X6200W - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Klipsch RB-61 II Back surround -OSD ACE850 ceiling x 4 Atmos - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - 4 Dayton Audio BST-1 Bass Shakers with SA230 Amp - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen
Soupy1970 is offline  
post #49631 of 58412 Old 06-21-2016, 10:51 PM
Newbie
 
armodka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Hi friends! I'm currently in the market for a new speaker system (upgrading from my old Definitive speakers) and I'm really eyeing the Klipsch 280 series. My one nagging question is, it seems like these speakers are engineered for a music experience instead of a movie experience. Is this accurate? Fry's had a demo unit on display (5.1.2 system) and they were using the speakers for music videos. I will be using these speakers exclusively for movies/tv shows.

Thanks in advance!
armodka is offline  
post #49632 of 58412 Old 06-22-2016, 03:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,429
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 1428
Klipsch speakers are great for both music and movies.
armodka and toomnymods like this.
Mongo171 is offline  
post #49633 of 58412 Old 06-22-2016, 04:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dmb12679's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Plainfield IL
Posts: 1,370
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 298
I would go as far as they are better for movies than music
armodka likes this.

Marantz SR6010 -- Marantz MM7025 -- Marantz UD5007
Klipsch RF-7ii's - RC-64ii - RB-51ii's - RS-42ii's - R-112sw(x2)

HK990 -- HD990 -- Klipsch RF-7ii's
dmb12679 is offline  
post #49634 of 58412 Old 06-22-2016, 05:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,429
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 1428
Everyone has their opinion.
Mongo171 is offline  
post #49635 of 58412 Old 06-22-2016, 06:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Scars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by RvK1 View Post
Thanks again for the information Scars.

I have decided to go for the outdoor speakers, you had good point with the estetics of the Bookshelf speakers stuc to the ceiling

maybe i'll go for the AW- 525 or 650, the 400 only get down to 91 Hz.
i know that the atmos spec says 100 Hz so they should be sufficient, but i like to have a little bit of headroom. In the past there was no need for good surround speakers, but in the years following the surrounds were used more and more and the small speakers i had were soon not enough.

Thanks again and greetings,
RvK1.
Happy to help! I think about how I would go about getting atmos speakers from time to time. I would go with the smaller speakers because the profile issues are more important to me than a dozen Hz of headroom. I totally get and respect having that order flipped, though!

When (if?) you pull the trigger, be sure to share some pictures once you have everything up and running!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
I had the AW-525's for a few days. They are nice speakers that will play full range. I think Audyssey detected them at 60Hz in my room. If not 60, it was 80Hz for sure becasue that is where I had them set during demo.

I would have stuck with them, but unfortunately my ceiling is only 7.5 ft so they 8" hang was just to close and I didn't get great separation.
I'm not sure I see how a smaller speaker would have solved this. What speaker did you choose to replace it with?

My Room 7.3:
LG OLED65B7A; Sony UBP-X700; Sony Playstation 4 Pro; Apple TV 4K; SONOS Connect
Denon AVR-X3400H; Klipsch RP-280F (L/R), RP-450C (C), RP-250S (SL/SR), RP-240D (RL/RR); PSA V1510 (x3 SW)
Scars is offline  
post #49636 of 58412 Old 06-22-2016, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
Soupy1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis Metro (IL.)
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scars View Post
I'm not sure I see how a smaller speaker would have solved this. What speaker did you choose to replace it with?
I didn't go with a smaller speaker, rather I went with in-ceiling speakers to give me that extra depth. With Atmos it's all about good separation between surrounds and heights. The on-ceiling just hung to low in my situation, but if you have taller ceiling then they would work fine.


I would suggest at least 8.5 ft ceiling for on-ceiling mount. Also make sure surrounds are not above ear level. I dropped my surround from 39" to 33.5" measured at tweeter.

Denon X6200W - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Klipsch RB-61 II Back surround -OSD ACE850 ceiling x 4 Atmos - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - 4 Dayton Audio BST-1 Bass Shakers with SA230 Amp - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen
Soupy1970 is offline  
post #49637 of 58412 Old 06-22-2016, 11:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Scars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
I didn't go with a smaller speaker, rather I went with in-ceiling speakers to give me that extra depth. With Atmos it's all about good separation between surrounds and heights. The on-ceiling just hung to low in my situation, but if you have taller ceiling then they would work fine.


I would suggest at least 8.5 ft ceiling for on-ceiling mount. Also make sure surrounds are not above ear level. I dropped my surround from 39" to 33.5" measured at tweeter.
Makes sense. Thanks for sharing!

My Room 7.3:
LG OLED65B7A; Sony UBP-X700; Sony Playstation 4 Pro; Apple TV 4K; SONOS Connect
Denon AVR-X3400H; Klipsch RP-280F (L/R), RP-450C (C), RP-250S (SL/SR), RP-240D (RL/RR); PSA V1510 (x3 SW)
Scars is offline  
post #49638 of 58412 Old 06-22-2016, 07:02 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hello fellow Klipsch fanboys!

have a system consisting of RB-61 II, RC-62 II, RS-42 II and one SVS SB1000 + one SB2000, with a Yamaha v675. I was considering upgrading my receiver to current yamaha flagship but fellow forum members convinced me to put that money into speakers.

I want to know where I can demo the palladium bookshelf speakers close to NYC, specifically the P17B and its center, the P27C.

I am planning a trip to NYC mostly to listen to Klipsch and KEF speakers. My cousin, who owns a crazy Bowers and Wilkins system, says he wants me to listen to those too...but I am not too crazy about them, so basically if there are good places in the city carrying both KEF and Klipsch where I can listen to the R series and the Palladium...well, that´s the kind of place I am looking...

I am travelling from Dominican Republic, so, driving 30 or 50 miles to such a place wouldnt be that bad.
There is a store called Park Avenue Audio that is supposed to be great.

Thanks!
alitomr is offline  
post #49639 of 58412 Old 06-22-2016, 08:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
Soupy1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis Metro (IL.)
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by alitomr View Post
Hello fellow Klipsch fanboys!

have a system consisting of RB-61 II, RC-62 II, RS-42 II and one SVS SB1000 + one SB2000, with a Yamaha v675. I was considering upgrading my receiver to current yamaha flagship but fellow forum members convinced me to put that money into speakers.

I want to know where I can demo the palladium bookshelf speakers close to NYC, specifically the P17B and its center, the P27C.

I am planning a trip to NYC mostly to listen to Klipsch and KEF speakers. My cousin, who owns a crazy Bowers and Wilkins system, says he wants me to listen to those too...but I am not too crazy about them, so basically if there are good places in the city carrying both KEF and Klipsch where I can listen to the R series and the Palladium...well, that´s the kind of place I am looking...

I am travelling from Dominican Republic, so, driving 30 or 50 miles to such a place wouldnt be that bad.
There is a store called Park Avenue Audio that is supposed to be great.

Thanks!
Sorry I can't help on store locations, but I'm curious what kind of improvements are you looking for over your current system. With those Subs, the RB-61 - RC-62 is a nice setup in an average room. The surrounds may be lacking though, never heard the 4" speaker line up.

Do you watch a lot of movies? Reason I ask, is going to an Atmos setup (if feasible in your room) is a pretty big sound enhancement if done right. Which means you would back to looking at AVR's.

Denon X6200W - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Klipsch RB-61 II Back surround -OSD ACE850 ceiling x 4 Atmos - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - 4 Dayton Audio BST-1 Bass Shakers with SA230 Amp - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen
Soupy1970 is offline  
post #49640 of 58412 Old 06-23-2016, 01:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ceptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indy
Posts: 1,142
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by alitomr View Post
Hello fellow Klipsch fanboys!

have a system consisting of RB-61 II, RC-62 II, RS-42 II and one SVS SB1000 + one SB2000, with a Yamaha v675. I was considering upgrading my receiver to current yamaha flagship but fellow forum members convinced me to put that money into speakers.

I want to know where I can demo the palladium bookshelf speakers close to NYC, specifically the P17B and its center, the P27C.

I am planning a trip to NYC mostly to listen to Klipsch and KEF speakers. My cousin, who owns a crazy Bowers and Wilkins system, says he wants me to listen to those too...but I am not too crazy about them, so basically if there are good places in the city carrying both KEF and Klipsch where I can listen to the R series and the Palladium...well, that´s the kind of place I am looking...

I am travelling from Dominican Republic, so, driving 30 or 50 miles to such a place wouldnt be that bad.
There is a store called Park Avenue Audio that is supposed to be great.

Thanks!
I can't help with finding a place to demo the P17b and the P27c, but I can tell you that bookshelf is an amazing speaker, especially for it's size. Also, the P27c is the best sound center speaker I've ever heard. It really compliments any bookshelf or tower speaker. Good luck.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
ceptorman is offline  
post #49641 of 58412 Old 06-23-2016, 02:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 10
love my klipsch setup.. Just wondering how many people use the RP-260's for side and rear surrounds compared to the RP-160M bookshelves.

Samsung QN75Q7F, Samsung UN55JS9000, Yamaha RX-A3050, Emotiva XPA-5, 2 Klipsch- RP-280 FA (Left and Right Front / Height channels) 1 - Klipsch RP-450CA (Center channel) 1 Klipsch - R-112SW (Sub)
4 Klipsch- RP-250S (Side surrounds & Rear surrounds) 2 Klipsch- CDT-5800-II (Ceiling Atmos)
toomnymods is offline  
post #49642 of 58412 Old 06-23-2016, 03:43 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceptorman View Post
This is the Klipsch speaker section so you won't get much love for Polk or Pioneer. I will say the new RP line is getting great reviews and they're priced well. I'd say go for for the RP line
Guys yes i know its Klipsch section, and liked them over others from what i hear. Just an advice. I am getting RP250 & R28 at about same price. While RP260, is going over my budget and they are about 280-300 USD costlier in India.

I had a demo of Icon line of 28, the saleas rep. said R28 will be same with new copper cone. And performance will be between Icon and New RP line. So guys again will R28 work well atleast over RP250. as they are about same price.

My room size is 14ftx16ft open room. not dedicated theater.
nirajchokshi is offline  
post #49643 of 58412 Old 06-23-2016, 04:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dmb12679's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Plainfield IL
Posts: 1,370
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
Sorry I can't help on store locations, but I'm curious what kind of improvements are you looking for over your current system. With those Subs, the RB-61 - RC-62 is a nice setup in an average room. The surrounds may be lacking though, never heard the 4" speaker line up.

Do you watch a lot of movies? Reason I ask, is going to an Atmos setup (if feasible in your room) is a pretty big sound enhancement if done right. Which means you would back to looking at AVR's.

I have the 42ii's in my system with rf 7'/64ii combo and they keep up just fine. The 42's are only about 5-7' from mlp which might help them compared to 17' from the front stage.


I previously had a the exact set up as OP with the rb,rc 61/62. It is very solid system in a small room. It would struggle in a large room however
Soupy1970 likes this.

Marantz SR6010 -- Marantz MM7025 -- Marantz UD5007
Klipsch RF-7ii's - RC-64ii - RB-51ii's - RS-42ii's - R-112sw(x2)

HK990 -- HD990 -- Klipsch RF-7ii's
dmb12679 is offline  
post #49644 of 58412 Old 06-25-2016, 10:33 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Now ive checked their config, RF62, they are having identical configs / design as RP260. Has anyone heard RF62? How are they? And as they are identical config & design, are they as good as RF62?

Also i know that RP is the latest reference speakers. But Is RF62 are earlier series or R26?
nirajchokshi is offline  
post #49645 of 58412 Old 06-27-2016, 04:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MrGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,047
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1738 Post(s)
Liked: 6496
Hello,

Based on my graphs which crossover point would be the best for my speakers?

MrGrey is offline  
post #49646 of 58412 Old 06-27-2016, 04:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Robbiey60's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 1,450
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirajchokshi View Post
Now ive checked their config, RF62, they are having identical configs / design as RP260. Has anyone heard RF62? How are they? And as they are identical config & design, are they as good as RF62?

Also i know that RP is the latest reference speakers. But Is RF62 are earlier series or R26?
R26f is the lower line, it has replaced the synergy and icon lines. Rf62 and rf62ii are the older models but are comparable in performance to rp260f. Rf62 is a great speaker and has been replaced by the rp260f
Robbiey60 is offline  
post #49647 of 58412 Old 06-27-2016, 04:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Robbiey60's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 1,450
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrey View Post
Hello,

Based on my graphs which crossover point would be the best for my speakers?

Depends. Some here run as high as 120hz where as I run 40hz. Start at 80 and adjust down or up and whatever sounds better go with that
MrGrey likes this.
Robbiey60 is offline  
post #49648 of 58412 Old 06-27-2016, 06:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
Soupy1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis Metro (IL.)
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrey View Post
Hello,

Based on my graphs which crossover point would be the best for my speakers?

Like Robbiey60 mentioned, start with 80 and adjust to taste. You might want to perform the Sub Distance tweak to bring up any dips around x-over.
MrGrey likes this.

Denon X6200W - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Klipsch RB-61 II Back surround -OSD ACE850 ceiling x 4 Atmos - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - 4 Dayton Audio BST-1 Bass Shakers with SA230 Amp - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen
Soupy1970 is offline  
post #49649 of 58412 Old 06-27-2016, 08:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MrGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,047
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1738 Post(s)
Liked: 6496
MrGrey is offline  
post #49650 of 58412 Old 06-28-2016, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
curtishd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,986
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I'm still doing some research and while reading the manual of the RP speakers I saw it states recommended minimum cross over at 150hz for some of the speakers. Does that mean they should not go lower/deeper than 150hz? If so that seems kind of weak. I was looking at the rp-240s and the rp-140sa as surrounds.
curtishd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off