Klipsch owner thread - Page 1777 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23396Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #53281 of 58060 Old 07-23-2017, 05:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drh3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 3,468
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1881 Post(s)
Liked: 3419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
I said hypocrisy because when I offered my opinion of the 450 over the 440 everyone had me for lunch. Certain speakers are made with other speakers to go with them to compliment them. With 275w/ch, I could make my speakers make weird sounds. Now, when I offer the opinion that the 260 is fine for a person, you want him to go with the 280. There are people out there using BOOKSHELVES for main speakers and are happy as hell. How do YOU know the guy won't be happy with 260? Do you know how he listens to music or what he can afford or have space for? "Naahh." You're wrong. In your own words.
I never said that the 440c couldn't do it's job, I said I wanted bigger drivers as a personal preference. I've had 3 Klipsch centers, and they all were excellent, I changed due to personal preference for moar, and wanting to keep my speakers matchy matchy.

As far as the rest, all of that can be true, and none of it makes my statement untrue.
It's very true that it's possible I was driving them over their rated limits.
I in no way am saying the 260f are bad speakers. I made a point that if you listen excessively loudly, you probably should step up to the RP-280f. Nothing you have said changes that other than being called a liar by you and Forte. Strangely enough, I don't appreciate that. You are talking points that are true, and don't make my point wrong.

I never said that the 260f wouldn't be appropriate for him, I said, and still say, if you listen at excessive levels, the 280f are better. I don't understand why that uncontroversial statement would make you and Forte's head spin.

Spoiler!

Last edited by drh3b; 07-23-2017 at 05:12 PM.
drh3b is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #53282 of 58060 Old 07-23-2017, 05:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drh3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 3,468
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1881 Post(s)
Liked: 3419
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmyforte View Post
I have lots of questions, but I am just letting this dog lie. Your statement should not be considered fact, and it should have been followed with what you posted just now as a personal experience.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
If you really do, you can PM me, and I can set the RP-260f up next week and try to answer them.
The answer probably is very simply I am driving them above their rated limits. Nothing either of you have said gainsays my point. It is simple logic even, that the RP-280f can handle bass at higher levels.
I am trying to sell more expensive speakers, you should be happy!

Spoiler!

Last edited by drh3b; 07-24-2017 at 07:20 AM.
drh3b is offline  
post #53283 of 58060 Old 07-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Member
 
JayFank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 29




Officially a Klipsch owner now after getting my setup completed this weekend.
My setup includes:

Fronts: RP-280F
Center: RP-450C
Surround sides: RP-150M
Surround backs: RP-150M
Subwoofer: HSU VTF3-MK5
TV: Vizio P65
Blu-ray: Oppo UHD 203
JayFank is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #53284 of 58060 Old 07-24-2017, 06:36 AM
Member
 
UnitedBreaks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFank View Post




Officially a Klipsch owner now after getting my setup completed this weekend.
My setup includes:

Fronts: RP-280F
Center: RP-450C
Surround sides: RP-150M
Surround backs: RP-150M
Subwoofer: HSU VTF3-MK5
TV: Vizio P65
Blu-ray: Oppo UHD 203
Congrats, very nice setup! That subwoofer looks familiar.. so does the TV (I have P60)


Denon x4300h // Klipsch RF-7ii // RC-64ii // RP-160M
Sonance VP62R (Atmos x4) // HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP // P602ui-B3
Samsung UBD-K8500 // Panamax M-5300-PM // AppleTV 4K // Nintendo Switch
UnitedBreaks is offline  
post #53285 of 58060 Old 07-24-2017, 06:38 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 46
RSB 6 Soundbar with a different Sub?

I just bought the Reference RSB 6 and wondering if I could pair a different sub with it if I wanted to?
Asgard1an is offline  
post #53286 of 58060 Old 07-24-2017, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ceptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indy
Posts: 1,139
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedBreaks View Post
Just pulled the trigger on:

RF-7ii's (replacing Bic FH56-BAR)
RC-64ii (replacing Bic FH56-BAR)
RP-260M (replacing RS-400)

My 2 day long research was this or the RP-280 package deal. I hope I made the right decision as I keep looking at reviews and have no where to go to listen!!
Awesome...congrats....you made a wise decision.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
ceptorman is offline  
post #53287 of 58060 Old 07-24-2017, 08:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ceptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indy
Posts: 1,139
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFank View Post




Officially a Klipsch owner now after getting my setup completed this weekend.
My setup includes:

Fronts: RP-280F
Center: RP-450C
Surround sides: RP-150M
Surround backs: RP-150M
Subwoofer: HSU VTF3-MK5
TV: Vizio P65
Blu-ray: Oppo UHD 203

Very nice system...congrats.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
ceptorman is offline  
post #53288 of 58060 Old 07-24-2017, 11:18 AM
Member
 
dsv4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone tell me the difference between the Atmos RP-140SA and the new R-14SA. I see the new one is $100 cheaper.
Are they basically the same in output.
Thanks

Denon X4300H
dsv4 is offline  
post #53289 of 58060 Old 07-24-2017, 12:01 PM
Member
 
mike1sc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SC & neighbors are just far enough away!
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsv4 View Post
Can anyone tell me the difference between the Atmos RP-140SA and the new R-14SA. I see the new one is $100 cheaper.
Are they basically the same in output.
Thanks
The R-14SA is part of the Reference line and the RP-140SA is part of the Reference Premiere line. Then other than the $100.00 difference, the R-14SA has a spun copper IMG woofer where the RP-140SA has a spun copper cerametallic woofer, the R-14SA has a 3/4" Aluminum LTS Tweeter where the RP-140SA has a 1" Titanium LTS Tweeter, the R-14SA has a power handling Peak of 100 watts where the RP-140SA has a peak of 200W. The overall weight of the R-14SA is 5.5 pounds where the RP-140SA weighs 7.6 pounds.

I looked into this as well because I have the RP-140SA speakers and wanted to know what the differences were. Hope this helps.
bigapp, dsv4, daimler2015 and 1 others like this.

Vizio M70-D3 TV, Denon X4300H, LG UBK90, Samsung K8500, Klipsch RP280F (2), Klipsch RP450C Center, Klipsch RP250S (4), Klipsch Dolby Atmos RP140SA Speakers (2), Klipsch R12SW Subs (2), Apple TV 4K, Nvidia Shield, Roku Ultra 4K, Amazon Fire TV Box, Harmony Elite Remote, all cables Monoprice Certified Premium.
mike1sc is offline  
post #53290 of 58060 Old 07-24-2017, 04:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
coytee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,652
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Everyone keep cool and remember.... horns are honky.

Louis Bartay and Mongo171 like this.
coytee is offline  
post #53291 of 58060 Old 07-24-2017, 05:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,429
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 1428
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1sc View Post
The R-14SA is part of the Reference line and the RP-140SA is part of the Reference Premiere line. Then other than the $100.00 difference, the R-14SA has a spun copper IMG woofer where the RP-140SA has a spun copper cerametallic woofer, the R-14SA has a 3/4" Aluminum LTS Tweeter where the RP-140SA has a 1" Titanium LTS Tweeter, the R-14SA has a power handling Peak of 100 watts where the RP-140SA has a peak of 200W. The overall weight of the R-14SA is 5.5 pounds where the RP-140SA weighs 7.6 pounds.

I looked into this as well because I have the RP-140SA speakers and wanted to know what the differences were. Hope this helps.
Also, the RP line has a rubber tweeter horn where the R line is plastic.
dsv4 likes this.

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Korben Dallas, "The Fifth Element"
Mongo171 is offline  
post #53292 of 58060 Old 07-24-2017, 08:06 PM
Member
 
dsv4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1sc View Post
The R-14SA is part of the Reference line and the RP-140SA is part of the Reference Premiere line. Then other than the $100.00 difference, the R-14SA has a spun copper IMG woofer where the RP-140SA has a spun copper cerametallic woofer, the R-14SA has a 3/4" Aluminum LTS Tweeter where the RP-140SA has a 1" Titanium LTS Tweeter, the R-14SA has a power handling Peak of 100 watts where the RP-140SA has a peak of 200W. The overall weight of the R-14SA is 5.5 pounds where the RP-140SA weighs 7.6 pounds.

I looked into this as well because I have the RP-140SA speakers and wanted to know what the differences were. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like the RP line is better.
mike1sc likes this.

Denon X4300H
dsv4 is offline  
post #53293 of 58060 Old 07-25-2017, 02:21 PM
Senior Member
 
01svtL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I have a pair of RC-5s in maple finish in pretty much perfect condition, along with an RC-7 in black ash. I really like them for TV and HT, but they are on the bright side for my music preferences: heavy metal and older rock like Pink Floyd. I also don't like that if I move out of the sweet spot even a couple of feet, the sound changes drastically. In my new home, my setup will not allow for the RF-5s permanently (I'm still using them temporarily, but need to find another option), so I'm looking for an on-wall or bookshelf option that I can mount to the wall. It will all go above the fireplace, but I'm removing the mantel so that it can all be mounted lower than most above-fireplace setups. That said, are any of Klipsch's newer bookshelf-sized offerings an upgrade to the RC-5s, while being a little less bright and having at least a little better off-axis performance?
01svtL is offline  
post #53294 of 58060 Old 07-25-2017, 02:27 PM
Senior Member
 
01svtL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Double Post
01svtL is offline  
post #53295 of 58060 Old 07-27-2017, 02:20 PM
Member
 
buckeye1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 8
I'm needing a new center channel speaker. I'm looking at the R-25C and the RP-250C. How much better is the RP over the other? The price is within my budget. And how does the RP sound vs the R25C?
buckeye1966 is offline  
post #53296 of 58060 Old 07-27-2017, 02:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drh3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 3,468
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1881 Post(s)
Liked: 3419
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1966 View Post
I'm needing a new center channel speaker. I'm looking at the R-25C and the RP-250C. How much better is the RP over the other? The price is within my budget. And how does the RP sound vs the R25C?
I've heard the RP, and it's great. I haven't heard the R-25c, but I'm pretty sure you'll like the RP better, and it's on sale right now for only a little more at authorized Internet retailers like Crutchfield. At Crutchfield, you could buy and audition both, and send the loser back for $10 within 60 days.
Louis Bartay likes this.

Spoiler!
drh3b is offline  
post #53297 of 58060 Old 07-27-2017, 03:32 PM
Member
 
buckeye1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
I've heard the RP, and it's great. I haven't heard the R-25c, but I'm pretty sure you'll like the RP better, and it's on sale right now for only a little more at authorized Internet retailers like Crutchfield. At Crutchfield, you could buy and audition both, and send the loser back for $10 within 60 days.
Since I'm not as experienced as some people in here when it comes to speaker set up. I'm assuming since I have some Klipsch bookshelves they should go as front instead of rear speakers? I'm just on a budget when it comes to affordability. But at the same time I want speakers to match and sound good in the space I have. My set up is in my man cave upstairs. The room is more of a dorm like room. But my only complaint is when it's too loud my wife complains that's it too loud and to turn down the sound. The house has really thin walls and sound carrys throughout the house.
buckeye1966 is offline  
post #53298 of 58060 Old 07-27-2017, 05:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
carminepesce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 514
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Hey guys just joined the Klipsch family this week....Picked up a pair of RP-150's, RC-62ii center & RP-240 surrounds!!! Loving them already!!! Have a quick question, please excuse the possible ignorance....I had thought that the higher sensitivity of the Klipsch would yield louder output at a given volume control but I'm noticing that I have my volume set at pretty much the same as it was with the SVS Primes these replaced. The output is pretty much the same. Like I said, please excuse me if this is a total movie question, just looking for an experienced reply....My associated gear includes:
Yamaha CX-A 5000 preamp
Outlaw Audio Model 5000 amp
Oppo BDP-103D

Thank you very much guys & I'm definitely a very happy Klipsch owner!!!!

Vizio M55-e0 Display Oppo 103D
NAD T758v3
SVS PB-1000 Sub
Wharfedale Diamond 220, 220c 210 system
carminepesce is offline  
post #53299 of 58060 Old 07-27-2017, 07:19 PM
Senior Member
 
vipervick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 379
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipervick View Post
About to finally become a Klipsch owner! I broke down with the Christmas in July sale, 50% off was too good to pass up.

  • Klipsch R-15M Bookshelf Speaker (Pair)
  • Klipsch Reference R-10SW Surround Subwoofer, 300 Watts Peak Power,(Brushed Black Vinyl, 10-Inch)

I will be using these in my small home office connected to my computer. I currently have a Schiit Modi DAC that i will run to an Onkyo TX-NR 5007. Having these leftover parts helped that decision to buy LOL.

I remember back in high school, early 90's, one of my older friends had a pair of Klipsch floorstanding speakers. We drank beer and listened to metal, they sounded so good! \m/
It is VERY near field!!!


The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."
Samsung 65KS800D - Denon AVR X4200W - Oppo UDP-203 - PS4 Pro - Apple TV 4K - Aperion Intimus 6T - Aperion Intimus 6C - Aperion Intimus 4BP - SVS PC-13 Ultra
vipervick is offline  
post #53300 of 58060 Old 07-27-2017, 11:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Skylinestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Borneo Island
Posts: 3,039
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1308 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
Also, the RP line has a rubber tweeter horn where the R line is plastic.
How's the reliability of the rubber horn? My G-Shock resin watch rot in 5 years.

@itsmyforte Any news on the new Fifteens that was announced in CES? Hope there's a passive version.

Last edited by Skylinestar; 07-27-2017 at 11:07 PM.
Skylinestar is offline  
post #53301 of 58060 Old 07-27-2017, 11:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Skylinestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Borneo Island
Posts: 3,039
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1308 Post(s)
Liked: 268
RF7ii + RC64ii or KL650THX for LCR? Please advise with pros and cons. This is for movie setup. Crossed to a pair of Rythmik subs. I guess it comes to which has better horn and drivers? Klipsch hasn't update the THX lines for many years.

Last edited by Skylinestar; 07-27-2017 at 11:08 PM.
Skylinestar is offline  
post #53302 of 58060 Old 07-28-2017, 01:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,429
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 1428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar View Post
How's the reliability of the rubber horn? My G-Shock resin watch rot in 5 years.

@itsmyforte Any news on the new Fifteens that was announced in CES? Hope there's a passive version.
I'm sure Klipsch made them to last more than 5 years.
Louis Bartay likes this.

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Korben Dallas, "The Fifth Element"
Mongo171 is offline  
post #53303 of 58060 Old 07-28-2017, 04:09 AM
Senior Member
 
itsmyforte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: IN
Posts: 486
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar View Post
How's the reliability of the rubber horn? My G-Shock resin watch rot in 5 years.

@itsmyforte Any news on the new Fifteens that was announced in CES? Hope there's a passive version.
The rubber should last longer than anyone reading this post.
I have no news on the Fifteens at this time.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
itsmyforte is offline  
post #53304 of 58060 Old 07-28-2017, 04:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro1max1 View Post
Let here from all the Klipsch owners. Likes or dislikes about Klipsch? I update a lot of my equipment in the last few months. I have the RF-83 mains, RC-64 center,RF-82 rears and Infinity SM152 for the back speakers. Veloydne DLS-5000 and a Klipsch KSW-200 for subs. A Sony STR-DA7100ES receiver,Sony 60"SXRD,Sony DVP-NS90V DVD, Sony SLV-676UC VCR,Sony MDP-33 laserdisc,Philips CD770 CD recorder, JVC XV-S65 DVD, JVC TD-W660 cassette, JVC XL-M700 multi cd, JVC AL-F350 turn table, Fisher CAV875 video switcher, JVC HM-DSR100U DVHS dish, Xbox 360, Motorola cable box. My room size is 16x18. Over all I am very happy with the whole system. The Rf-83 turned out to very fine speaker little less in the bass than I would like, but the mid and high are great. The Veloydne fill the gap nicely. I like lot of base in my system. The RC-64 is a kick but center speaker, very large in size but great sound for dialogue. It is the best center I ever heard. The RF-82 are not as refined as the FR-83 but very nice for the price. The DLS-5000 is a bargain for the price you can buy them for. Looks like they range from 600-800 online. Plenty of volume , but it doesn't go as low in frequency as the more expensive subs. In the future I will look at the new Klipsch subs along with SVS,Earthquake, or another Veloydne. Driving all this is the Sony 7100ES that I am totaly happy with. This whole system is incredibly loud. <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/images/smilies/smile.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title="Smilie">
I am by no means an Audio Expert, but all of my current speakers (with the exception of my Atmos speakers that I just ordered) are Klipsch. I love how they all sound. They have a great deal of power and provide crystal clear vocals and instrumentals when compared to anything else that I have ever owned.
Darren Tebo is offline  
post #53305 of 58060 Old 07-29-2017, 12:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Evildude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by carminepesce View Post
I had thought that the higher sensitivity of the Klipsch would yield louder output at a given volume control
I have just become a Klipsch owner today and I have the exact same question. My setup was nothing fancy to begin with but after my Pioneer's MCACC got all the speakers calibrated I noticed my new Klipsch are not as loud as they should.

Here is my new setup:

RP-280F - Fronts
440C - Center
160M's - SR
Pioneer 1120-K
Bic F12 sub.
Evildude is offline  
post #53306 of 58060 Old 07-29-2017, 08:40 AM
Member
 
bigapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by carminepesce View Post
Hey guys just joined the Klipsch family this week....Picked up a pair of RP-150's, RC-62ii center & RP-240 surrounds!!! Loving them already!!! Have a quick question, please excuse the possible ignorance....I had thought that the higher sensitivity of the Klipsch would yield louder output at a given volume control but I'm noticing that I have my volume set at pretty much the same as it was with the SVS Primes these replaced. The output is pretty much the same. Like I said, please excuse me if this is a total movie question, just looking for an experienced reply....My associated gear includes:
Yamaha CX-A 5000 preamp
Outlaw Audio Model 5000 amp
Oppo BDP-103D

Thank you very much guys & I'm definitely a very happy Klipsch owner!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evildude View Post
I have just become a Klipsch owner today and I have the exact same question. My setup was nothing fancy to begin with but after my Pioneer's MCACC got all the speakers calibrated I noticed my new Klipsch are not as loud as they should.

Here is my new setup:

RP-280F - Fronts
440C - Center
160M's - SR
Pioneer 1120-K
Bic F12 sub.
I posted this about a week ago:

While researching before buying my Klipsch speakers I've seen in this thread and even on AVR threads don't worry about power the Klipsch are very efficient and you'll have no problem. I've also read a few posts that said once installed they seemed to sound lower and needed the volume turned up.

I believe the feeling of needing more volume is a perception issues. After setting mine up and running through a calibration on my Denon I test all kinds of content including the Atmos test disk. I thought my new speakers sounded lower at my previous volume setting . But I now believe they weren't lower but just sounded cleaner. My daughter came home from work about 11:30 pm while I was testing how some Pink Floyd sounded. she said

"Dang, that's loud. neighbors probably think you're out of town again the kids are going wild!"

LG 65" C7 OLED. Oppo 203. Denon 4300. Klipsch RP280af, 260f, 440c, 140AF. HSU 15-mk2. Layer 3 TV, Shield and a Blue Tick Healer
bigapp is offline  
post #53307 of 58060 Old 07-29-2017, 09:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
carminepesce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 514
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigapp View Post
I posted this about a week ago:

While researching before buying my Klipsch speakers I've seen in this thread and even on AVR threads don't worry about power the Klipsch are very efficient and you'll have no problem. I've also read a few posts that said once installed they seemed to sound lower and needed the volume turned up.

I believe the feeling of needing more volume is a perception issues. After setting mine up and running through a calibration on my Denon I test all kinds of content including the Atmos test disk. I thought my new speakers sounded lower at my previous volume setting . But I now believe they weren't lower but just sounded cleaner. My daughter came home from work about 11:30 pm while I was testing how some Pink Floyd sounded. she said

"Dang, that's loud. neighbors probably think you're out of town again the kids are going wild!"
Well i agree 100% that the clarity of these speakers is night & day compared to the SVS Primes they replaced. I'm loving them more & more with every listen. While the RC-62ii center is not the "timbre-matched" center for the RP-150 bookshelves, it compliments them just perfectly. I always listen to music in 2-channel & during movies there is no discernible audio difference across my front sound-stage. I would like to thank every one who has posted in this thread as this is what ultimately lead me to purchase my new Klipsch setup!!!!

Thanks guys...
Carmine.

Vizio M55-e0 Display Oppo 103D
NAD T758v3
SVS PB-1000 Sub
Wharfedale Diamond 220, 220c 210 system
carminepesce is offline  
post #53308 of 58060 Old 07-30-2017, 11:40 AM
Member
 
emadsa11's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi
i have some question about my system :
Fornt : RF-7 II
Center : RC-64 II
Surround (borrow for test ) KL-525 THX
Back surround ( Borrow for test ) RP-150 M
AVR : Anthem MRX-720

So i am very confused if the KL-525 is matching with the Reference speaker tone ( which i think it's not )
and the delaer can't offer any RS-62 II or even RB-81 II or RB-61 II
so i forced to get the KL-525 THX as surround and because i never get chance to compare it with RS-62 II
i would you guys to advice me .
by the way he just call me yesterday and he said if you want we have RP-250S so i can replace with KL-525 !

thank you
emadsa11 is offline  
post #53309 of 58060 Old 07-30-2017, 01:03 PM
Senior Member
 
itsmyforte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: IN
Posts: 486
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by emadsa11 View Post
Hi
i have some question about my system :
Fornt : RF-7 II
Center : RC-64 II
Surround (borrow for test ) KL-525 THX
Back surround ( Borrow for test ) RP-150 M
AVR : Anthem MRX-720

So i am very confused if the KL-525 is matching with the Reference speaker tone ( which i think it's not )
and the delaer can't offer any RS-62 II or even RB-81 II or RB-61 II
so i forced to get the KL-525 THX as surround and because i never get chance to compare it with RS-62 II
i would you guys to advice me .
by the way he just call me yesterday and he said if you want we have RP-250S so i can replace with KL-525 !

thank you
If you are really concerned about timbre match of your surrounds, the current premier line would be closer than the old THX box line.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
itsmyforte is offline  
post #53310 of 58060 Old 07-30-2017, 02:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,088
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigapp View Post
I posted this about a week ago:

While researching before buying my Klipsch speakers I've seen in this thread and even on AVR threads don't worry about power the Klipsch are very efficient and you'll have no problem. I've also read a few posts that said once installed they seemed to sound lower and needed the volume turned up.

I believe the feeling of needing more volume is a perception issues. After setting mine up and running through a calibration on my Denon I test all kinds of content including the Atmos test disk. I thought my new speakers sounded lower at my previous volume setting . But I now believe they weren't lower but just sounded cleaner. My daughter came home from work about 11:30 pm while I was testing how some Pink Floyd sounded. she said

"Dang, that's loud. neighbors probably think you're out of town again the kids are going wild!"
You and others may want to either invest in an SPL meter or consider an app for your phone. That way you can actually know how loud you are listening to material regardless of the volume knob....That said, there are also other factors that play a role including what settings you have in the AVR--When I first received my Denon AVR-4311ci I thought it sounded really muddy after calibration. Thanks to folks here on AVS I found that I had Dolby Volume engaged and it was muting my sound. Fixed that issue and couldn't be happier.

I highly encourage anyone contemplating purchasing an external amp to drive with their system checking out an SPL meter--It could save you some cash. My 2 cents.
Louis Bartay likes this.
Zen Traveler is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off