Klipsch owner thread - Page 1778 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23561Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #53311 of 58487 Old 07-30-2017, 03:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,088
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked: 688
I started a thread in the soundbar section but will also post the question here--Does anyone have an opinion on either the Klipsch R-10 or R-20? I have a friend who wants a soundbar for under $400 and if one is worth $80 more than the other. Any other choices?
Zen Traveler is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #53312 of 58487 Old 07-30-2017, 06:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,246
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by emadsa11 View Post
Hi
i have some question about my system :
Fornt : RF-7 II
Center : RC-64 II
Surround (borrow for test ) KL-525 THX
Back surround ( Borrow for test ) RP-150 M
AVR : Anthem MRX-720

So i am very confused if the KL-525 is matching with the Reference speaker tone ( which i think it's not )
and the delaer can't offer any RS-62 II or even RB-81 II or RB-61 II
so i forced to get the KL-525 THX as surround and because i never get chance to compare it with RS-62 II
i would you guys to advice me .
by the way he just call me yesterday and he said if you want we have RP-250S so i can replace with KL-525 !

thank you
There is still some RB more then RS speakers available. Call some Klipsch dealer and get some. I'm sure you will find it. If not some are on Ebay. You can't go wrong with any. I had with my set up RS-52II's and works great 62II's are even better if your MLP is close like less when 9ft or so you can't tell different much. Same with RB-61II's and RB-81II's.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
retro124 is offline  
post #53313 of 58487 Old 07-30-2017, 09:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
Tasdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Albuquerque, N.M.
Posts: 765
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
I started a thread in the soundbar section but will also post the question here--Does anyone have an opinion on either the Klipsch R-10 or R-20? I have a friend who wants a soundbar for under $400 and if one is worth $80 more than the other. Any other choices?
Friends don't let friends buy soundbars

Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 & Emotiva XPA-5's x 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains RC64II Center RB75's Heights RS-7's Sides RS-52II's Rears
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 120" Electric Tensioned Screen
Tasdom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #53314 of 58487 Old 07-31-2017, 07:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,088
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post
Friends don't let friends buy soundbars
Tell me about it.

Anyone who has read my posts in the pass surely realizes I believe this to be true. But, what can you do when they have their mind made up? That said, surely there are some better than others. I haven't gotten a single response either here or on the Klipsch Forum--Pretty sad given my guess the soundbar market is at least as large as those wanting multichannel speaker configurations.

Oh well, maybe they all suck--I dunno....
Zen Traveler is offline  
post #53315 of 58487 Old 07-31-2017, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
Tasdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Albuquerque, N.M.
Posts: 765
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
Tell me about it.

Anyone who has read my posts in the pass surely realizes I believe this to be true. But, what can you do when they have their mind made up? That said, surely there are some better than others. I haven't gotten a single response either here or on the Klipsch Forum--Pretty sad given my guess the soundbar market is at least as large as those wanting multichannel speaker configurations.

Oh well, maybe they all suck--I dunno....
I only have experience with one soundbar but it was a Polk Surroundbar 50. It was a beast and I only bought it while in a local audio store closing it out for 99.00 (1000.00 retail) It was replaced with my very first Klipsch set up. The Polk actually simulated 5.1 pretty good......No experience with any of the Klipsch offerings.



Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 & Emotiva XPA-5's x 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains RC64II Center RB75's Heights RS-7's Sides RS-52II's Rears
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 120" Electric Tensioned Screen
Tasdom is offline  
post #53316 of 58487 Old 07-31-2017, 08:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Scars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
I started a thread in the soundbar section but will also post the question here--Does anyone have an opinion on either the Klipsch R-10 or R-20? I have a friend who wants a soundbar for under $400 and if one is worth $80 more than the other. Any other choices?
A friend of mine has the R-10 in a small apartment living room. Zero music use. 100% for improving the sound that would otherwise come from the TV.

He's happy with it. I thought it sounded fine for what it is.

My Room 7.3:
LG OLED65B7A; Sony UBP-X700; Sony Playstation 4 Pro; Apple TV 4K; SONOS Connect
Denon AVR-X3400H; Klipsch RP-280F (L/R), RP-450C (C), RP-250S (SL/SR), RP-240D (RL/RR); PSA V1510 (x3 SW)
Scars is offline  
post #53317 of 58487 Old 07-31-2017, 08:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,339
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Liked: 1341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
I started a thread in the soundbar section but will also post the question here--Does anyone have an opinion on either the Klipsch R-10 or R-20? I have a friend who wants a soundbar for under $400 and if one is worth $80 more than the other. Any other choices?
The R-20B is definitely worth the premium. It's got a 10" vs 8" sub and 4 vs 2 midrange drivers. If he's not in a huge hurry the R-20B has popped up 2x in the last few months on woot.com for $279.

Another option is to track down an Icon SB-1 soundbar. It's basically the same thing as the R-20B minus Bluetooth.
Schwa is offline  
post #53318 of 58487 Old 07-31-2017, 08:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Scars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
Tell me about it.

Anyone who has read my posts in the pass surely realizes I believe this to be true. But, what can you do when they have their mind made up? That said, surely there are some better than others. I haven't gotten a single response either here or on the Klipsch Forum--Pretty sad given my guess the soundbar market is at least as large as those wanting multichannel speaker configurations.

Oh well, maybe they all suck--I dunno....
I love this forum, but the snobbery regarding soundbars is beyond palatable. This is the haven for people who have dedicated rooms and/or accommodating spouses, sufficient disposable income, a "discerning" ear, and a give a flip factor. The soundbar isn't really geared for anyone who can check a few of those boxes. So it's like walking into a Farmers Market and asking people which Hamburger Helper you should buy.

I think soundbars are excellent for many living room set ups. If there is an interest in surround sound, then I think your friend will want to consider an initial investment into SONOS or HEOS soundbar. If there is zero interest in surround and the goal is just to improve the TV sound, then I don't think there's any harm in just going to Best Buy or some other big box store and giving them a listen there.

That said...I think Klipsch makes some very respectable soundbars, and the R-20 is on sale from Crutchfield (may be other places, too) right now.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_714R20...nce-R-20B.html
Schwa likes this.

My Room 7.3:
LG OLED65B7A; Sony UBP-X700; Sony Playstation 4 Pro; Apple TV 4K; SONOS Connect
Denon AVR-X3400H; Klipsch RP-280F (L/R), RP-450C (C), RP-250S (SL/SR), RP-240D (RL/RR); PSA V1510 (x3 SW)

Last edited by Scars; 07-31-2017 at 09:27 AM.
Scars is offline  
post #53319 of 58487 Old 07-31-2017, 08:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,339
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Liked: 1341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post
Friends don't let friends buy soundbars
Although I know you're half-joking, there are definitely cases where soundbars make a whole lot of sense. For example, I have two full-blown Atmos systems. I really don't need another surround sound system for the TV that's over the fireplace in my living room or for the TV that my wife uses in her home office. I have an R-20B in the former room and an Icon SB-1 in the latter and they work perfectly for their intended use cases -- they're a whole lot better than the TV's speakers but they don't clutter up the rooms with unnecessary surround speakers.
Louis Bartay and ceptorman like this.
Schwa is offline  
post #53320 of 58487 Old 07-31-2017, 09:06 AM
Advanced Member
 
Tasdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Albuquerque, N.M.
Posts: 765
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
Although I know you're half-joking, there are definitely cases where soundbars make a whole lot of sense. For example, I have two full-blown Atmos systems. I really don't need another surround sound system for the TV that's over the fireplace in my living room or for the TV that my wife uses in her home office. I have an R-20B in the former room and an Icon SB-1 in the latter and they work perfectly for their intended use cases -- they're a whole lot better than the TV's speakers but they don't clutter up the rooms with unnecessary surround speakers.
Yes, was half way joking. There are many applications where a soundbar fits the bill in lieu of a multi speaker set up.

Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 & Emotiva XPA-5's x 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains RC64II Center RB75's Heights RS-7's Sides RS-52II's Rears
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 120" Electric Tensioned Screen
Tasdom is offline  
post #53321 of 58487 Old 07-31-2017, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,088
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scars View Post
I love this forum, but the snobbery regarding soundbars is beyond palatable. This is the haven for people who have dedicated rooms and/or accommodating spouses, sufficient disposable income, a "discerning" ear, and a give a flip factor. The soundbar isn't really geared for anyone who can check a few of those boxes. So it's like walking into a Farmers Market and asking people which Hamburger Helper you should buy.

Although I agree with most of what you said, imo the above is seems harsh if you consider this started as a science-based forum. Also, a lot of people don't understand the difference between hype/advertising and what it actually can deliver compared to the alternative...

That said, I have no experience with soundbars and feel an actual multichannel configuration usually will be the best option and can be had within most people's budgets--If not, now y'all have me wondering how 400 bucks generating from a single source compares.
Zen Traveler is offline  
post #53322 of 58487 Old 07-31-2017, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,339
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Liked: 1341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
Although I agree with most of what you said, imo the above is seems harsh if you consider this started as a science-based forum. Also, a lot of people don't understand the difference between hype/advertising and what it actually can deliver compared to the alternative...

That said, I have no experience with soundbars and feel an actual multichannel configuration usually will be the best option and can be had within most people's budgets--If not, now y'all have me wondering how 400 bucks generating from a single source compares.
In my case I had no expectation that my soundbars would provide anything approaching a multichannel experience. And it wasn't an issue of budget - I simply wanted something that was unobtrusive that sounded better than built-in TV speakers. If those are your goals, then I'd argue that a soundbar would be a perfect solution.

On the other hand, I'd never recommend a soundbar as a suitable replacement performance-wise for any genuine multichannel set-up.
Zen Traveler and Scars like this.
Schwa is offline  
post #53323 of 58487 Old 07-31-2017, 12:47 PM
Member
 
Toleedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Klipsch Heresy III

Was looking into trialing a pair of the new Klipsch Capitol Heresy III's. Like the look of the ebony. Does anyone have any experience with the Heresy III's? What are your thoughts? I will be using them in a Home Theater set up, paired with a Klipsch RC-52 II and the surrounds will either be some klipsch icon floor standers, jbl studio floor standers, or kef c series bookshelves...gonna see which one's sound best. I am guessing the match will not be great for the front sound stage, but has anyone paired the heritage speakers with the reference II line? I will be driving the speakers with a pioneer elite SC-95

Thanks

Last edited by Toleedo; 07-31-2017 at 12:54 PM.
Toleedo is offline  
post #53324 of 58487 Old 07-31-2017, 01:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ladeback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,607
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1405 Post(s)
Liked: 520
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
So are the R-14SA's only meant to be set on top of towers and fire up at the ceiling? Can the be mounted to the ceiling to fire down?

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
Ladeback is online now  
post #53325 of 58487 Old 07-31-2017, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,429
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 1428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladeback View Post
So are the R-14SA's only meant to be set on top of towers and fire up at the ceiling? Can the be mounted to the ceiling to fire down?
Wall mounted, not hung from the ceiling. They have feet and a keyhole mount.

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Korben Dallas, "The Fifth Element"
Mongo171 is offline  
post #53326 of 58487 Old 07-31-2017, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ladeback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,607
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1405 Post(s)
Liked: 520
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
Wall mounted, not hung from the ceiling. They have feet and a keyhole mount.
So if I was to build a coffered ceiling for my theater, I could mount them from the back side of the front coffer facing the front row and the reverse for the second row? It is just a thought for now. I am thinking of putting my ceiling lights in the coffered ceiling as well. I already have three duct runs going through the floor joist above and I think I will have two more at least for the HVAC in the theater. So the ceiling joist are going to get full.

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
Ladeback is online now  
post #53327 of 58487 Old 07-31-2017, 02:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
confinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Shaker Heights, OH
Posts: 2,078
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladeback View Post
So if I was to build a coffered ceiling for my theater, I could mount them from the back side of the front coffer facing the front row and the reverse for the second row? It is just a thought for now. I am thinking of putting my ceiling lights in the coffered ceiling as well. I already have three duct runs going through the floor joist above and I think I will have two more at least for the HVAC in the theater. So the ceiling joist are going to get full.
As is they are not designed to be secure for ceiling mounting. As long as you figure out a way to securely mount them and positioned somewhere approaching Dolby Atmos guidelines, no reason to think they wouldn't work as direct radiating overheads. Would actually be better than using the ceiling bounce. I use mine in a mixed way with front RP-140SA as upfiring and rear RP-140SA wall mounted rear heights as that is what was most feasible in my room.
JRomulus and Ladeback like this.

LG OLED65C7P (Chad B Calibrated) | Denon X4300H | HDHomeRun Quatro | Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 | ATV 4K | Oppo UDP-203 | 40TB Plex server
5.2.4 | Front Klipsch RP-160M x2 | Center Klipsch RP-450C | Surrounds Klipsch RP-150M x2 | Atmos Klipsch RP-140SA x 4 | Subs SVS PC-4000 x 2
confinoj is offline  
post #53328 of 58487 Old 07-31-2017, 02:54 PM
Member
 
emadsa11's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmyforte View Post
If you are really concerned about timbre match of your surrounds, the current premier line would be closer than the old THX box line.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
There is still some RB more then RS speakers available. Call some Klipsch dealer and get some. I'm sure you will find it. If not some are on Ebay. You can't go wrong with any. I had with my set up RS-52II's and works great 62II's are even better if your MLP is close like less when 9ft or so you can't tell different much. Same with RB-61II's and RB-81II's.

Thank you both
i think i will keep the KS-525 THX if i couldn't found the Reference RS-62 II ( which seems no dealer can offer it)
the Premier is closer to tone you right .. but i don't like to go down from KS-525 THX

so i will keep searching
emadsa11 is offline  
post #53329 of 58487 Old 07-31-2017, 03:51 PM
Member
 
UnitedBreaks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by emadsa11 View Post
Thank you both
i think i will keep the KS-525 THX if i couldn't found the Reference RS-62 II ( which seems no dealer can offer it)
the Premier is closer to tone you right .. but i don't like to go down from KS-525 THX

so i will keep searching

Go directly to the source..
http://www.sounddistributors.com/


Denon x4300h // Klipsch RF-7ii // RC-64ii // RP-160M // Sonance VP62R (Atmos x4) // HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
Sony XBR-75X900F // Sony UBP-X700 // Panamax M-5300-PM // ATV 4K // Nintendo Switch

Last edited by UnitedBreaks; 07-31-2017 at 03:57 PM.
UnitedBreaks is offline  
post #53330 of 58487 Old 07-31-2017, 04:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VidPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,476
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1489 Post(s)
Liked: 1244
Maybe someone can help me decide if I'm making the right choice. Right now I'm stuck with having on-wall speakers for my music and surround sound listening. I've had Klipsch RVX-42 speakers for a while now. Three in front and two in rear. I've been getting the itch to upgrade to a newer model, the G-28s. From what I'm reading the RVX-42s are a better speaker and I'm getting the feeling this might be a mistake. Opinions? Thanks!

The television screen is the retina of the mind's eye.
Sony XBR-65A1E OLED/Denon X4300H/Oppo 203/Klipsch RVX‑42/PS4 Pro/Xbox One X/5.1.2
VidPro is offline  
post #53331 of 58487 Old 07-31-2017, 07:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Evildude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
You and others may want to either invest in an SPL meter or consider an app for your phone. That way you can actually know how loud you are listening to material regardless of the volume knob....
I got an app and used it to set my speaker level at 75db, I also set my 440c 2db's louder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
That said, there are also other factors that play a role including what settings you have in the AVR--When I first received my Denon AVR-4311ci I thought it sounded really muddy after calibration. Thanks to folks here on AVS I found that I had Dolby Volume engaged and it was muting my sound. Fixed that issue and couldn't be happier.
Anyone using the Pioneer 1120-K? I've been playing around with the settings to see how can I make the speakers sound better. I also think my carpeted apartment and living-room size affect my setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
I highly encourage anyone contemplating purchasing an external amp to drive with their system checking out an SPL meter--It could save you some cash. My 2 cents.
Why do some people here buy expensive Emotiva equipment? Does that add volume, clarity, or both?
Bogey808 likes this.
Evildude is offline  
post #53332 of 58487 Old 07-31-2017, 07:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,429
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 1428
Emotiva make rather affordable amps. Lots of people like them with Klipsch.
Louis Bartay likes this.

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Korben Dallas, "The Fifth Element"
Mongo171 is offline  
post #53333 of 58487 Old 08-01-2017, 08:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,088
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evildude View Post
I got an app and used it to set my speaker level at 75db, I also set my 440c 2db's louder.




Anyone using the Pioneer 1120-K? I've been playing around with the settings to see how can I make the speakers sound better. I also think my carpeted apartment and living-room size affect my setup.
I don't know what settings you have in your Pioneer, but on the Denon AVR-4311ci I use Dolby PLIIz for my surround and have Dynamic Volume set to off. After you get the processing set up I'd use your SPL meter to gage how loud you listen and at what volume you think would be "too loud" for your setup and decide if you want it louder--If so, an external amp may benefit you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Evildude View Post
Why do some people here buy expensive Emotiva equipment? Does that add volume, clarity, or both?
Back in the day (I'm not sure anymore) Emotiva used to be a sponsor for AVS and a lot of people were persuaded into buying them. They really aren't that expensive when you consider other separate amplification, but in the end you need to decide if you would (and how much) benefit sonically from owning one.
Zen Traveler is offline  
post #53334 of 58487 Old 08-01-2017, 06:27 PM
Member
 
emadsa11's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedBreaks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by emadsa11 View Post
Thank you both
i think i will keep the KS-525 THX if i couldn't found the Reference RS-62 II ( which seems no dealer can offer it)
the Premier is closer to tone you right .. but i don't like to go down from KS-525 THX


so i will keep searching

Go directly to the source..
http://www.sounddistributors.com/
Thank you for your reply
Finally I found it and bought it both
RS-62 II and RB-81 II
Thanks Again ?
retro124 likes this.
emadsa11 is offline  
post #53335 of 58487 Old 08-01-2017, 07:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,246
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by emadsa11 View Post
Thank you for your reply
Finally I found it and bought it both
RS-62 II and RB-81 II
Thanks Again ?
That is great, congrat's. They are both excellent speakers and will nicelly match rest of your system !!!!

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
retro124 is offline  
post #53336 of 58487 Old 08-01-2017, 10:09 PM
Member
 
buckeye1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 8
I may not be able to afford a Klipsch center channel speaker right now. I was thinking about the RP-250C. What other brand is good but affordable under $200 that will sound good with Klipsch bookshelves? I know they say stick with the same brand for fronts and center but right now the price of that speaker is a bit high for me right now. Thanks.
buckeye1966 is offline  
post #53337 of 58487 Old 08-01-2017, 10:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,246
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1966 View Post
I may not be able to afford a Klipsch center channel speaker right now. I was thinking about the RP-250C. What other brand is good but affordable under $200 that will sound good with Klipsch bookshelves? I know they say stick with the same brand for fronts and center but right now the price of that speaker is a bit high for me right now. Thanks.
Did you looked on used market? I don't know what bookshelfs do you have so no idea if this will match but I sold year 1/2 ago RC-62II for $200 and it is actually very good center. Maybe worth to take a look 👀
Louis Bartay and ceptorman like this.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
retro124 is offline  
post #53338 of 58487 Old 08-02-2017, 06:25 AM
Member
 
buckeye1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Did you looked on used market? I don't know what bookshelfs do you have so no idea if this will match but I sold year 1/2 ago RC-62II for $200 and it is actually very good center. Maybe worth to take a look 👀
Sorry..I have the R-15M. I was looking at Craigslist and nothing in my area. And was looking on eBay and most Klipsch centers was close to retail price. Any good Polk audio in that price range worth looking at?
buckeye1966 is offline  
post #53339 of 58487 Old 08-02-2017, 07:14 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1966 View Post
Sorry..I have the R-15M. I was looking at Craigslist and nothing in my area. And was looking on eBay and most Klipsch centers was close to retail price. Any good Polk audio in that price range worth looking at?
Join the Klipsch owner group on Facebook. One of the moderators there is a dealer and can get you some deals you can't get at a box store. His name is Cory. I just received a a shipment of
Rp280's
Rp450
Pair of 115sw
For a lot less than what I thought I would have to pay
tbass2k likes this.
Chase_Monkey is offline  
post #53340 of 58487 Old 08-02-2017, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ladeback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,607
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1405 Post(s)
Liked: 520
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Klipsch has 70% off on some nice items right now on their website. If you are in the market for some new equipment I would check it out.

I would post the link, but not sure that is ok on the forum.

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
Ladeback is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off