Klipsch owner thread - Page 1787 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23536Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #53581 of 58411 Old 08-24-2017, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
Muphasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 626
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by get2reds View Post
Should i use floor standing speakers LR (RP-250F) in the rear or go with in-wall Klipsch (R-5800-W II) speakers? My room is 22.5 x 14 x 9. If there is not much difference in sound quality i would go with in-wall. I am planning for floor standing (RP-280F) for front LR and Center as (RP-450C).

Can we use Atmos speakers in-ceiling (or) is it a bad idea? I am planning for 5.1.2.

I did read 5.1.2 setup from Dolby website to get some ideas.
floor standers if you can swing it. Do you listen to multi-channel audio? If so, these will sound much better than in-walls since you can position them for best sound.
Louis Bartay and get2reds like this.

Vinyl, tape, digital... I don't care as long as I can listen to my music...
Muphasta is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #53582 of 58411 Old 08-24-2017, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,088
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmshah View Post
Dumb question:
I am using Marantz SR 6011 with Klipsch RP-280F (pair) and RP-450C (so 3.0). I tried with and without Audyssey. No matter what I do, the bass is really weak in this setup (even after turning Audyssey off and manual turning the low frequency to the highest level possible in Marantz). The lowest frequency setting in Marantz EQ is only 63 Hz. The sound is very clear and natural, which I like. However the bass is very weak.
Is this normal? I thought that RP-280F has two woofers so I might be okay without a subwoofer. Or am I being unrealistic and the only possible way to get good bass is with a subwoofer? Is it possible that either the receiver or speaker has a defect? I doubt since overall sound is very clear, all I am missing is the bass.

I use it for 90% music.

Appreciate your help and input. Thanks!
A subwoofer will always be beneficial and just make sure your speakers are set to Large if you don't have one...That said, it would be interesting to see what the gain levels were when you ran audyssey--If the mic wasn't set up properly it could do something negative with the bass response. The only other thing I would make sure of is when you use Audyssey make sure Dynamic Volume is Off.
Louis Bartay likes this.
Zen Traveler is offline  
post #53583 of 58411 Old 08-26-2017, 11:41 AM
Member
 
JayFank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Just received my carpet spikes from Klipsch for my RP-280F. Do these install on the black plaque or directly to the speaker?
JayFank is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #53584 of 58411 Old 08-26-2017, 12:08 PM
Member
 
bigapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFank View Post
Just received my carpet spikes from Klipsch for my RP-280F. Do these install on the black plaque or directly to the speaker?
on the bottom plate that is wider than the speaker. The bottom plate uses the holes in the bottom of the speaker to mount then the spikes go in to it.

LG 65" C7 OLED. Oppo 203. Denon 4300. Klipsch RP280af, 260f, 440c, 140AF. HSU 15-mk2. Layer 3 TV, Shield and a Blue Tick Healer
bigapp is offline  
post #53585 of 58411 Old 08-26-2017, 01:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
Btw, the 20% off the RP-280f ends Saturday, per Crutchfield. Imo, they are great, and will do an OK job with the bass until you get a subwoofer or two, at which point you cross them at 80 Hz, and things will be pretty damn awesome.
I had the 280 cross at 80. I just set them to 250 just playing and i like it better 🤤.
What is the best set up with rp280f and 112sw?
Cross and Bass?
asabrag is online now  
post #53586 of 58411 Old 08-26-2017, 11:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does anyone have any experience with the bass difference between the RP-250F and RP-260F? If it's only a few Hz difference between the two I would get the smaller towers as I am looking to get some for a bedroom that is restricted on space. Or would a pair of RP-160Ms be just as good?

How would the BIC Venturi DV84s compare to the RP series? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as my B&W Rock Solid bookshelves severely lack any sort of bass. Thanks!
bigapp likes this.
sherman9800 is offline  
post #53587 of 58411 Old 08-27-2017, 02:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
IMWhizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,314
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by gygess View Post
I'd say neither,



Put that money towards a subwoofer from an ID brand like HSU, SVS, Emotiva, etc.



The subs Klipsch makes are very little value compared to the above in terms of $$$, and the amps are known to just randomly fail at any moment.



Electronics they use in the Subs is just chancy, your unit either has an issue or it doesn't. You'll find plenty of people who never had their amp fail, but also plenty of people who did. Not worth chancing for the amount of money you'll be spending. In my case, the sub was working perfectly fine, I turned it off to go do something, came back a few minutes later and flipped the switch and it never turned on again.


This is the problem I have right now, the same sub failed after a year in use. It was being sent for repair, still waiting for it to be returned. I am indeed thinking of selling this sub and look for a SVS model. There is no place for two subwoofers in my room, so which one would you recommend?

Klipsch Reference Premiere: 4 x RP-280's, 1 x RP 450C and dual R-115W's
Marantz 7011 AVR
LG OLED B6
Apple TV 4K
PlayStation Pro
IMWhizzle is online now  
post #53588 of 58411 Old 08-27-2017, 07:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Louis Bartay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,859
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 850
I use the SVS PB 13 Ultra and..... WOW. I had two Klipsch Sub 12's with my Cornwals (fronts) and was happy. Now the pair of klipsch subs are in the bedroom with my Heresy II on them. Go BIG on the sub and center for movies depending on room size.
bigapp likes this.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II, R-14M
Klipsch Heresy II, NAD C272/C162,PL-518X ATOC9ML/III
Klipsch KLF-20,ReVox A77 MK IV D, Nakamichi BX-300
Klipsch Synergy Sub 12" X 3, SVS PB 13 Ultra Sub
Yamaha RX-V1900 HD 7.1, CDC 697, PS4
Louis Bartay is offline  
post #53589 of 58411 Old 08-27-2017, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
IMWhizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,314
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
I use the SVS PB 13 Ultra and..... WOW. I had two Klipsch Sub 12's with my Cornwals (fronts) and was happy. Now the pair of klipsch subs are in the bedroom with my Heresy II on them. Go BIG on the sub and center for movies depending on room size.


So the svs sub with a 13 inch driver is better than a 15 inch klipsch sub?

Klipsch Reference Premiere: 4 x RP-280's, 1 x RP 450C and dual R-115W's
Marantz 7011 AVR
LG OLED B6
Apple TV 4K
PlayStation Pro
IMWhizzle is online now  
post #53590 of 58411 Old 08-27-2017, 03:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Louis Bartay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,859
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMWhizzle View Post
So the svs sub with a 13 inch driver is better than a 15 inch klipsch sub?
YES the 13.5" SVS driver weighs about 55 pounds ........ 1,000 watt with 3,600 peaks. https://www.google.com/search?q=pict...8LK1bJf5iyAZM:
DubPlate likes this.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II, R-14M
Klipsch Heresy II, NAD C272/C162,PL-518X ATOC9ML/III
Klipsch KLF-20,ReVox A77 MK IV D, Nakamichi BX-300
Klipsch Synergy Sub 12" X 3, SVS PB 13 Ultra Sub
Yamaha RX-V1900 HD 7.1, CDC 697, PS4
Louis Bartay is offline  
post #53591 of 58411 Old 08-27-2017, 03:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
IMWhizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,314
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Wow, that's a lot of money!

Klipsch Reference Premiere: 4 x RP-280's, 1 x RP 450C and dual R-115W's
Marantz 7011 AVR
LG OLED B6
Apple TV 4K
PlayStation Pro
IMWhizzle is online now  
post #53592 of 58411 Old 08-27-2017, 04:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Louis Bartay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,859
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMWhizzle View Post
Wow, that's a lot of money!
I purchased mine used for $900.00 a few months ago it's a 2007 model. If I had the room and $$ the Danley DTS 10 sub is really WOW its a large horn baffled cabinet with two drivers. http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/produ...ty-subs/dts10/
ceptorman likes this.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II, R-14M
Klipsch Heresy II, NAD C272/C162,PL-518X ATOC9ML/III
Klipsch KLF-20,ReVox A77 MK IV D, Nakamichi BX-300
Klipsch Synergy Sub 12" X 3, SVS PB 13 Ultra Sub
Yamaha RX-V1900 HD 7.1, CDC 697, PS4
Louis Bartay is offline  
post #53593 of 58411 Old 08-27-2017, 04:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drh3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 3,772
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2034 Post(s)
Liked: 4049
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMWhizzle View Post
Wow, that's a lot of money!
You might want to look at XTZ. They don't really have a much of a foothold in America, but they have tested well, and are from and respected in Europe.
I don't know if HSU or PSA are available in The Netherlands, but they might be worth looking for, they have a little better performance/price ratio than SVS. All 3 brands are good, but SVS costs more.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
drh3b is offline  
post #53594 of 58411 Old 08-28-2017, 08:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
gygess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 618
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMWhizzle View Post
This is the problem I have right now, the same sub failed after a year in use. It was being sent for repair, still waiting for it to be returned. I am indeed thinking of selling this sub and look for a SVS model. There is no place for two subwoofers in my room, so which one would you recommend?
I'm sure you have gotten great advice from previous posters, I'll just stand by what I said in deterring you from getting Klipsch subs in the first place. The other brands mentioned so far would all be better bets
gygess is offline  
post #53595 of 58411 Old 08-30-2017, 05:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,088
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked: 686
I hope all of my Klipsch friends are doing well. Fwiw given this thread is on page 3 of the Speaker section it makes me sad the Klipsch Forum is discontinuing a tradition that help keep us 'oldtimers' around.
Louis Bartay and retro124 like this.
Zen Traveler is offline  
post #53596 of 58411 Old 08-30-2017, 12:41 PM
Senior Member
 
sddp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Klipsch Surround RS-52 VS RS-62


I have searched high and low and called around, even to Klipsch and still on the fence. Wanted to get some of your opinions on this.
My set up is in my sig.

I will soon be selling my RF-8s2 to get the RF-7s and wanted to know if its worth getting 4 of the RS-62s compared to my current 4 x RS-52s?

How much of a difference would there be, mind you the 52's each have two 5 1/4 woofers totaling 8 in the back where as the 62's would be a total of eight 6 1/2 woofers.

Any input would be greatly appreciated



PS:and yes I know the new RP-250S is the replacement, but I see that more of a lateral move since the wattage, freq response, etc is the same, just newer and might sound better, but I am running 200 watt separates for my surround and the RS-52/RP-250S are at 100watt down to 58Hz where as the 62s are at 150 watt 50Hz and a bit more sensitivity

EPSON 5040UBE | DENON X6400H | XBOX ONE X\PS4 | EMOTIVA XPA-7 GEN 2 |EMOTIVA XPA-3 GEN 3 | ELITE SCREEN 150" ZEREO EDGE W/LED KIT
9.3.4 SURROUND SYSTEM ALL KLIPSCH | L&R RF-7II | CENTER RC64II |FRONT HEIGHTS 2 x RB-81II | 4 SURROUNDS RS-62II | 4 ATMOS CDT-5800 | SUBS R112SW & 2 x R115SW
VEFXI 3D-BEE DIAMOND (2D TO 3D CONVERTER) | DARBE VISION DVP-5000S | LOGITECH HARMONY 800
sddp is offline  
post #53597 of 58411 Old 08-30-2017, 02:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cchunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,889
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)
Liked: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by sddp View Post
Klipsch Surround RS-52 VS RS-62


I have searched high and low and called around, even to Klipsch and still on the fence. Wanted to get some of your opinions on this.
My set up is in my sig.

I will soon be selling my RF-8s2 to get the RF-7s and wanted to know if its worth getting 4 of the RS-62s compared to my current 4 x RS-52s?

How much of a difference would there be, mind you the 52's each have two 5 1/4 woofers totaling 8 in the back where as the 62's would be a total of eight 6 1/2 woofers.

Any input would be greatly appreciated



PS:and yes I know the new RP-250S is the replacement, but I see that more of a lateral move since the wattage, freq response, etc is the same, just newer and might sound better, but I am running 200 watt separates for my surround and the RS-52/RP-250S are at 100watt down to 58Hz where as the 62s are at 150 watt 50Hz and a bit more sensitivity
I own both the 52's and 62's. In my opinion it would not be worth the extra money to switch them out unless you had a huge room. There is more similarities than differences between the two. The 62's are a bit bigger sounding but not by that much.

Sony 75X900E 4K
Marantz SR7011 Parasound Halo A52+
Klipsch RF7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's, RP500SAs Atmos
SVS Dual SB13 Ultra's
Oppo UDP-203 4K Sony PS4 Pro Panamax 5300PM
cchunter is offline  
post #53598 of 58411 Old 08-30-2017, 06:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ereed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,457
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2305 Post(s)
Liked: 1626
Anyone done atmos with Klipsch in-ceiling speakers yet? Haven't seen a pic other than the upfiring modules.

Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels
ereed is online now  
post #53599 of 58411 Old 08-30-2017, 06:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by sddp View Post
Klipsch Surround RS-52 VS RS-62


I have searched high and low and called around, even to Klipsch and still on the fence. Wanted to get some of your opinions on this.
My set up is in my sig.

I will soon be selling my RF-8s2 to get the RF-7s and wanted to know if its worth getting 4 of the RS-62s compared to my current 4 x RS-52s?

How much of a difference would there be, mind you the 52's each have two 5 1/4 woofers totaling 8 in the back where as the 62's would be a total of eight 6 1/2 woofers.

Any input would be greatly appreciated


PS:and yes I know the new RP-250S is the replacement, but I see that more of a lateral move since the wattage, freq response, etc is the same, just newer and might sound better, but I am running 200 watt separates for my surround and the RS-52/RP-250S are at 100watt down to 58Hz where as the 62s are at 150 watt 50Hz and a bit more sensitivity
I agree with @cchunter . I had both as well and they do great job. If I remember correctly if you sit closer then 10ft from them no reason to get 62 over 52. If room is big then 62 is a better choice. I swap them becouse I got offer to buy 62 for close to nothing otherwise I will still rock 52 now .

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
retro124 is offline  
post #53600 of 58411 Old 08-30-2017, 06:56 PM
Member
 
Melquiades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I'm looking to buy a ca-800t. Any suggestions on where to purchase? Thanks!
Melquiades is offline  
post #53601 of 58411 Old 09-01-2017, 01:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Kain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 4,277
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2003 Post(s)
Liked: 893
Why is Klipsch hated outside of this Klipsch thread? The JBL folks despise Klipsch speakers here on AVS. Have a look at the following post by me. Read from post 1810 to 1814.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-spe...l#post54335993

I actually currently have the original RF-7, RC-7, and RS-7 speakers that I bought new in 2002-2003. They sure get loud but the overall sound quality might not be exactly the best. Imaging is very poor compared to my JBL LSR305 monitors that I use with my desktop PC. It sounds like the sound is beaming right from the speakers instead of "existing in space" with the Klipsch speakers. Might be a setup/amplifier issue but I am just stating what I've noticed. The overall tone and sound quality is also far better on my LSR305 monitors compared to the RF-7s. Are these the reasons why they think Klipsch is crap?
Kain is offline  
post #53602 of 58411 Old 09-01-2017, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,088
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Why is Klipsch hated outside of this Klipsch thread? The JBL folks despise Klipsch speakers here on AVS. Have a look at the following post by me. Read from post 1810 to 1814.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-spe...l#post54335993

I actually currently have the original RF-7, RC-7, and RS-7 speakers that I bought new in 2002-2003. They sure get loud but the overall sound quality might not be exactly the best. Imaging is very poor compared to my JBL LSR305 monitors that I use with my desktop PC. It sounds like the sound is beaming right from the speakers instead of "existing in space" with the Klipsch speakers. Might be a setup/amplifier issue but I am just stating what I've noticed. The overall tone and sound quality is also far better on my LSR305 monitors compared to the RF-7s. Are these the reasons why they think Klipsch is crap?
I've auditioned a lot of setups and feel there are some really nice ones out there. Fwiw, I have RF-7s up front, RC-7 as center, and 4 RB-75s as surround and rears, along with RB-5s as heights. We've also had at least a dozen people hear my setup and nothing but compliments and amazement!

Insofar as other people dissing Klipsch speakers, it's happened for as long as they've been in business and at their price point they are an excellent choice and their vintage speakers (I include the RF-7s in that category) have a great and deserved reputation and are the best-bang for your buck in the used market.....That's my 2 cents.
Louis Bartay likes this.
Zen Traveler is offline  
post #53603 of 58411 Old 09-01-2017, 02:24 PM
Senior Member
 
itsmyforte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: IN
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
I've auditioned a lot of setups and feel there are some really nice ones out there. Fwiw, I have RF-7s up front, RC-7 as center, and 4 RB-75s as surround and rears, along with RB-5s as heights. We've also had at least a dozen people hear my setup and nothing but compliments and amazement!

Insofar as other people dissing Klipsch speakers, it's happened for as long as they've been in business and at their price point they are an excellent choice and their vintage speakers (I include the RF-7s in that category) have a great and deserved reputation and are the best-bang for your buck in the used market.....That's my 2 cents.
Haters gonna hate...

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
itsmyforte is offline  
post #53604 of 58411 Old 09-01-2017, 09:50 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Suitable Front and Left speakers for Yahama RX-A770BL

Hello, I currently have a home theater setup in my family room using Denon 391XP(HTIB). It is a 5.1 system using the Denon AVR-391 receiver.
It may not be the most powerful system. But, I enjoy watching movies/shows/games on it.
The family room is a 2-story great room with an open kitchen - about 800 square foot combined area. But, I would generally be watching TV sitting in the family room area which is about
400 square foot. Since it is a 2-story great room, the volume of the family room is about 7,200 cubic feet. The kitchen area is not 2-story.
Since the Denon receiver supports only 1080p video, I decided to upgrade the receiver first to one that will support 4K video and one that can power upgraded speakers.
So, I have bought a Yamaha RX-A770BL. I'm yet to hook it up. While shopping for the receiver, I felt that I could also upgrade my Front Left and Right speakers.
When I researched, I found a bundle for Yamaha RX-A770BL paired with Klipsch RP-260F. This speaker has a power rating of 125W/500W (cont/peak). Can this speaker be driven by
my Yamaha receiver which I believe has 95W rated output power? (I'm unable to paste the URL for the spec). It is available in the Yamaha forum. Also, can I pair the receiver with Klipsch R-26F or RF82 II? I found that these 2 speakers are on sale. I dont want to shell out a lot of money. But, rather I'm looking for a bang for the buck on a speaker that'll support the room size. Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
crazylad is offline  
post #53605 of 58411 Old 09-03-2017, 01:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jconjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,012
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Liked: 2118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Why is Klipsch hated outside of this Klipsch thread? The JBL folks despise Klipsch speakers here on AVS.

Who cares?
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmyforte View Post
Haters gonna hate...

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Exactly. It happens across all types of products and brands. Just a couple examples, Windows/Mac, or Ford/Chevy. Nothing new.
sddp and Louis Bartay like this.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
jconjason is offline  
post #53606 of 58411 Old 09-03-2017, 06:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,088
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post

Exactly. It happens across all types of products and brands. Just a couple examples, Windows/Mac, or Ford/Chevy. Nothing new.
I'll tell you one of the things that has changed since before I started posting in this thread---People used to actually go out and audition speakers. Nowadays they come on line, find a site they like, and then solicit opinions....Some folks just use the google and count up stars or likes without even considering the source. In fact, those here actually recommending Klipsch speakers over others and/or defending Klipsch IS KGI's largest advertising asset, imo.

Last edited by Zen Traveler; 09-03-2017 at 10:27 AM. Reason: spelling
Zen Traveler is offline  
post #53607 of 58411 Old 09-03-2017, 06:49 AM
Member
 
HighAltHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Centennial, CO
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 26
RP-280's versus RP-260's?

I have about a 13x17 family room these are going in. However, the room is essentially open to a dining room, alley kitchen, and another room that's probably about 12x15. All 8 foot ceilings. 5.1 setup. Receiver is a Denon 3808ci. I also have a Polk PSW 505. I already ordered the RP-450C for the center.

These have to be pretty close to the wall the TV is mounted on - probably 4-5 inches or so - because of room traffic. Will that be an issue?

Any recommendations on 280s versus 260s? Content would mostly be lame TV my wife watches, sports, movies via on demand and blu ray. Music listening would only be about 5-10% of their use. Main reason I'm asking is due to the smaller footprint, the 260's may just "fit" better (plus they're cheaper), but in reality, either one would likely be fine (unless these are not a good option being so close to the wall).

Thanks!
HighAltHD is offline  
post #53608 of 58411 Old 09-03-2017, 07:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thetman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,206
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
Anyone done atmos with Klipsch in-ceiling speakers yet? Haven't seen a pic other than the upfiring modules.
I have my room set up for 9.2.6, currently using 7.1.4 (installed six 5800's in-ceiling in 10ft ceiling). They work great. Amos soundtracks really add to the movie experience.
thetman is offline  
post #53609 of 58411 Old 09-03-2017, 08:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ereed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,457
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2305 Post(s)
Liked: 1626
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetman View Post
I have my room set up for 9.2.6, currently using 7.1.4 (installed six 5800's in-ceiling in 10ft ceiling). They work great. Amos soundtracks really add to the movie experience.
Pics?

Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels
ereed is online now  
post #53610 of 58411 Old 09-03-2017, 09:14 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighAltHD View Post
RP-280's versus RP-260's?

I have about a 13x17 family room these are going in. However, the room is essentially open to a dining room, alley kitchen, and another room that's probably about 12x15. All 8 foot ceilings. 5.1 setup. Receiver is a Denon 3808ci. I also have a Polk PSW 505. I already ordered the RP-450C for the center.

These have to be pretty close to the wall the TV is mounted on - probably 4-5 inches or so - because of room traffic. Will that be an issue?

Any recommendations on 280s versus 260s? Content would mostly be lame TV my wife watches, sports, movies via on demand and blu ray. Music listening would only be about 5-10% of their use. Main reason I'm asking is due to the smaller footprint, the 260's may just "fit" better (plus they're cheaper), but in reality, either one would likely be fine (unless these are not a good option being so close to the wall).

Thanks!
I'm having essentially the same dilemma. I was the 280FA's since my wife isn't keen on cutting into the ceiling. I have an x4300h and my room is about 15x18. Speakers would be fairly close to the wall as well and I'm wondering if it's too small for 280's.
mupepe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off