Klipsch owner thread - Page 1806 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23535Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #54151 of 58407 Old 11-30-2017, 07:20 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
Make sure that you are using the Reference/Movie setting, not the Flat/Music setting, that will roll off the highs. Make sure that dynamic EG is off, as it boosts the highs as well as the lows.
Thanks and I'm sure you meant EQ, correct. I did set it up with Movie mode and when I play CDs I never use Dyanamic EQ or volume. The only adjustments I can make with Audyssey is for the volume level of each speaker. Which there was a way I could select the rolloff frequency.
James E is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #54152 of 58407 Old 11-30-2017, 05:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Astropin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Late to this party but I just picked up my first ever Klipsch speakers...the RP-160M's. I upgraded my mini basement stereo (That I only use when working out). So far I'm very impressed with them...especially for $350. Great bass extension for their size (no sub needed for just music listening). I'm playing mostly rock.

I'm powering them with an SMSL AD 18 which has more than enough power for the efficient Klipsch's. Love the bluetooth connection...no more "aux" cable to plug my phone into.
ceptorman likes this.
Astropin is offline  
post #54153 of 58407 Old 12-01-2017, 01:36 PM
Senior Member
 
wxchaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Looking for sources to possibly purchase Klipsch RC-62 II center channel speaker.

Amazon has it for $319.99 - but seller is Sold by:Labels R U - not too sure about that.

Crutchfield has it for $329.99.

Looking for a good deal, thought about buying it from Amazon as I have $270 in rewards points from a credit card I could use.

Any suggestions or vendors appreciated, thanks.
wxchaser is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #54154 of 58407 Old 12-01-2017, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
Merlin803's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 634
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxchaser View Post
Looking for sources to possibly purchase Klipsch RC-62 II center channel speaker.

Amazon has it for $319.99 - but seller is Sold by:Labels R U - not too sure about that.

Crutchfield has it for $329.99.

Looking for a good deal, thought about buying it from Amazon as I have $270 in rewards points from a credit card I could use.

Any suggestions or vendors appreciated, thanks.
You might want to sign up for Fry's emailed advertisements, these have gone on sale a lot lately. You will get a unique code to use in your email. I paid $168 shipped for this speaker a couple months ago.

Also, I would suggest to setup an email alert on Slickdeals for keyword "Klipsch".

LG OLED B7
Denon X1200W AVR
KLIPSCH RF82 II mains, RP-140SA, RC62 II CENTER, RB-10 surrounds
SVS PB-2000
Roku Ultra
Merlin803 is offline  
post #54155 of 58407 Old 12-01-2017, 02:09 PM
Senior Member
 
wxchaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin803 View Post
You might want to sign up for Fry's emailed advertisements, these have gone on sale a lot lately. You will get a unique code to use in your email. I paid $168 shipped for this speaker a couple months ago.

Also, I would suggest to setup an email alert on Slickdeals for keyword "Klipsch".
Thanks Merlin - I'm getting daily promo codes and emails from Fry's already but good suggestion.

Your idea of an email alert is a good one will do!
wxchaser is offline  
post #54156 of 58407 Old 12-01-2017, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
darkleafar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 550
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkleafar View Post
hello everyone,
I currently rf 42 iis, rc42, and rs dipole equivalents.
Just bought a new OLED tv, so with that came the purchase of an onkyo rz1100 and two R 26FAs. Since now ive got new fronts, how would you guys recommend repurposing the rf 42iis?

Another question, Considering now my centers and side dipoles have smaller woofers than my new fronts, will that affect the balance of the pitch/brightness/etc? Or will audyssey set up compensate for that?
planning on setting the onkyo as 7.1.2. Thanks for the advice!
Anyone on this? Help appreciated!

Edit: Also, someone put the worm.in my ear that my new r 26fa are rebranded icons, but deep into the forums I found a copy and paste of a klipsch rep that states there's similarities to the icons but that there are differences and these are better. Currently I have 42 II reference series sides and center, and I bought these r26fa to replace my RF 42 II. I got the r26fa for 350 each, btw. So, my main question is, are my r26fa definitely an upgrade to my old RF 42 II towers? Yes or no? I just don't wanna go. Through the hassle of returning and spending more money.. Thanks for your time

My Current setup (5.1.4):
Display - LG 65 inch OLED C7 // Receiver - Onkyo RZ1100
Fronts - Klispch RF-82IIs // Center - Klipsch RC-62II
Side Surrounds - Klispch RS-42IIs // Rear ATMOS (RH) - Klipsch RP-140SAs
Subwoofeer - Klipsch R-115SW // Front ATMOS (FH) - Klipsch RP-140SAs

Last edited by darkleafar; 12-01-2017 at 07:45 PM.
darkleafar is offline  
post #54157 of 58407 Old 12-03-2017, 05:00 AM
Senior Member
 
wxchaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Fry's weekly ad from 12/3/17 has the RC-82 II and the RC-62. I purchased the RC-62 from Amazon and used rewards points so it only cost me $50 since Fry's hadn't lowered the price. If it's ok to post this - anyone needing a code for the weekly ad - 8562055
Louis Bartay likes this.
wxchaser is offline  
post #54158 of 58407 Old 12-03-2017, 05:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
Merlin803's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 634
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxchaser View Post
Thanks Merlin - I'm getting daily promo codes and emails from Fry's already but good suggestion.

Your idea of an email alert is a good one will do!
Looks like it is in Fry's flyer today again for $168 (with the promo code that is also in their emailed flyer).
ceptorman likes this.

LG OLED B7
Denon X1200W AVR
KLIPSCH RF82 II mains, RP-140SA, RC62 II CENTER, RB-10 surrounds
SVS PB-2000
Roku Ultra
Merlin803 is offline  
post #54159 of 58407 Old 12-03-2017, 01:30 PM
Senior Member
 
wxchaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Thanks Merlin saw it and posted before you did this morning. My RC-62 arrives on Tuesday.
ceptorman likes this.
wxchaser is offline  
post #54160 of 58407 Old 12-04-2017, 03:00 PM
Senior Member
 
wxchaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Called  Fry's 12/4 - was told Klipsch RF-82 II are still on back order status.  Customer service (after 45 minute wait on hold) said they had 44 back orders as of time of my call and they expected a shipment on 12/18.  Asked why last Friday I was told shipment was expected around 12/7.  I expressed my discontent at selling products not in stock, and that they had re-advertised the speakers on the Sunday weekly ad.

Not too impressed by Fry's customer service - needless to say it will probably be well after Christmas before my speakers ever arrive if they actually ever ship. More like vaporware at this point.
wxchaser is offline  
post #54161 of 58407 Old 12-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Senior Member
 
sddp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxchaser View Post
Called  Fry's 12/4 - was told Klipsch RF-82 II are still on back order status.  Customer service (after 45 minute wait on hold) said they had 44 back orders as of time of my call and they expected a shipment on 12/18.  Asked why last Friday I was told shipment was expected around 12/7.  I expressed my discontent at selling products not in stock, and that they had re-advertised the speakers on the Sunday weekly ad.

Not too impressed by Fry's customer service - needless to say it will probably be well after Christmas before my speakers ever arrive if they actually ever ship. More like vaporware at this point.
Why not try calling B&H Photo, Crutchfield, Best Buy, etc and see if they can match Fry's prices?

Wouldn't hurt, plus if you order online, you won't pay taxes and save even more. There's a plethora of authorized Klipsch dealers to have them match prices.
wxchaser and Louis Bartay like this.

EPSON 5040UBE | DENON X6400H | XBOX ONE X\PS4 | EMOTIVA XPA-7 GEN 2 |EMOTIVA XPA-3 GEN 3 | ELITE SCREEN 150" ZEREO EDGE W/LED KIT
9.3.4 SURROUND SYSTEM ALL KLIPSCH | L&R RF-7II | CENTER RC64II |FRONT HEIGHTS 2 x RB-81II | 4 SURROUNDS RS-62II | 4 ATMOS CDT-5800 | SUBS R112SW & 2 x R115SW
VEFXI 3D-BEE DIAMOND (2D TO 3D CONVERTER) | DARBE VISION DVP-5000S | LOGITECH HARMONY 800
sddp is offline  
post #54162 of 58407 Old 12-04-2017, 03:53 PM
Senior Member
 
wxchaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by sddp View Post
Why not try calling B&H Photo, Crutchfield, Best Buy, etc and see if they can match Fry's prices?

Wouldn't hurt, plus if you order online, you won't pay taxes and save even more. There's a plethora of authorized Klipsch dealers to have them match prices.
I had called Crutchfield around the time of my Fry's order and they would not price match from BF through CM. I will look at B&H and Best Buy and inquire. I know I checked BB's ad before the big sales. Looking online most places are still asking about $360 apiece.

Either way if I don't get the speakers from Fry's fairly soon - I am just going to look at it as an opportunity to get even better Klipsch tower speakers if/when they continue to be back ordered.

Thanks sddp for the good suggestions.

Last edited by wxchaser; 12-04-2017 at 04:05 PM.
wxchaser is offline  
post #54163 of 58407 Old 12-04-2017, 07:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 185
I'm going to setup my system tomorrow and want to make sure that I'm setting the crossover settings correctly. So I have read that I should set my speakers to small. That would give me a 80hz crossover. I'm going to run the auto eq on my Yamaha receiver and see what that does. I kind of feel I might be leaving something off the table by limiting the Rp-260f 's to 80 hz.

Does anyone run the fronts lower?

I have RP-260f's (front)
RP-450C (CENTER)
RP-240S (REARS)
RP-140SA (ATMOS)
SVS Pb12 (subwoofer)
Yamaha Rx-A1060

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
lag1791 is offline  
post #54164 of 58407 Old 12-04-2017, 08:37 PM
Senior Member
 
mpirnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Upstate Ohio
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 141
After a couple of screw-ups on the part of the shipping carrier that delayed my delivery by a week, I am finally the proud owner of two A-stock RF7-IIs! I was a little bothered by a hole in the side of one of the boxes--the delivery guys even commented on how they panicked when they saw it today--but everything appears to be in perfect condition.

Unpacking and setup was after my kiddo's bedtime, so I haven't been able to run the room correction yet (the noise of it really disturbs her when she's trying to sleep), and so they're still tuned as if they were RF-82IIs, but I can already tell I'm going to love them. My wife chose "Hamilton's America" (a documentary about the musical "Hamilton") as our first listen, and I'm really pleased by the sense of space they convey. It's pretty cool what just basic 2-channel audio from a DVR is capable of.

I'm sure I'll take some better photos at some point, but for now, here's the obligatory side-by-side shot with one of my RF-82IIs.

I feel VERY lucky that they fit between my stand and sub, otherwise I would have been in some trouble.

The only downside so far is that my wife wants me to sell the RF-82s rather than finding another home for them in our house.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BxXQari7.jpg-large.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	2325764  
jeff1967, sddp and ceptorman like this.
mpirnat is offline  
post #54165 of 58407 Old 12-04-2017, 11:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drh3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 3,770
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2033 Post(s)
Liked: 4038
Quote:
Originally Posted by lag1791 View Post
I'm going to setup my system tomorrow and want to make sure that I'm setting the crossover settings correctly. So I have read that I should set my speakers to small. That would give me a 80hz crossover. I'm going to run the auto eq on my Yamaha receiver and see what that does. I kind of feel I might be leaving something off the table by limiting the Rp-260f 's to 80 hz.

Does anyone run the fronts lower?

I have RP-260f's (front)
RP-450C (CENTER)
RP-240S (REARS)
RP-140SA (ATMOS)
SVS Pb12 (subwoofer)
Yamaha Rx-A1060

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
No, you're fine. While your RP-260f can play lower than 80Hz, your subwoofer will be able to play it louder, lower and with less distortion. You can experiment with your crossover point if you like to see if it sounds better to you, but you aren't really leaving anything off the table with an 80 Hz crossover. I believe that SVS even recommends 50 Hz with those speakers, but I certainly wouldn't go any lower than that.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
drh3b is offline  
post #54166 of 58407 Old 12-05-2017, 04:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ceptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indy
Posts: 1,142
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
After a couple of screw-ups on the part of the shipping carrier that delayed my delivery by a week, I am finally the proud owner of two A-stock RF7-IIs! I was a little bothered by a hole in the side of one of the boxes--the delivery guys even commented on how they panicked when they saw it today--but everything appears to be in perfect condition.

Unpacking and setup was after my kiddo's bedtime, so I haven't been able to run the room correction yet (the noise of it really disturbs her when she's trying to sleep), and so they're still tuned as if they were RF-82IIs, but I can already tell I'm going to love them. My wife chose "Hamilton's America" (a documentary about the musical "Hamilton") as our first listen, and I'm really pleased by the sense of space they convey. It's pretty cool what just basic 2-channel audio from a DVR is capable of.

I'm sure I'll take some better photos at some point, but for now, here's the obligatory side-by-side shot with one of my RF-82IIs.

I feel VERY lucky that they fit between my stand and sub, otherwise I would have been in some trouble.

The only downside so far is that my wife wants me to sell the RF-82s rather than finding another home for them in our house.
Congrats. That's a pretty big update, you will like them a lot. Isn't it fun unboxing speakers!
gene4ht and mpirnat like this.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
ceptorman is offline  
post #54167 of 58407 Old 12-05-2017, 04:50 PM
Senior Member
 
wxchaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 197
RC-62 II just arrived. Box had a few dings in it from UPS drop kicks.

Will open & inspect tomorrow morning after my wife goes to work (home theater surprise).

Unfortunately still no news on Klipsch RF-82 II's shipping from Fry's CM sale. Trying to be patient but aggravated, lol.
wxchaser is offline  
post #54168 of 58407 Old 12-05-2017, 05:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3,979
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1984 Post(s)
Liked: 2681
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
The only downside so far is that my wife wants me to sell the RF-82s rather than finding another home for them in our house.
Ditto @ceptorman comments. My upgrade path was also the 82’s to the 7’s. Love the 7’s but my regret was selling the 82’s. I often think about how the 82’s would have been great wides, surrounds, or rears. I almost pulled the trigger on Fry’s recent sale.
Louis Bartay and ceptorman like this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is offline  
post #54169 of 58407 Old 12-05-2017, 05:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 8,045
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2724 Post(s)
Liked: 2537
Quote:
Originally Posted by lag1791 View Post
I'm going to setup my system tomorrow and want to make sure that I'm setting the crossover settings correctly. So I have read that I should set my speakers to small. That would give me a 80hz crossover. I'm going to run the auto eq on my Yamaha receiver and see what that does. I kind of feel I might be leaving something off the table by limiting the Rp-260f 's to 80 hz.

Does anyone run the fronts lower?

I have RP-260f's (front)
RP-450C (CENTER)
RP-240S (REARS)
RP-140SA (ATMOS)
SVS Pb12 (subwoofer)
Yamaha Rx-A1060

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I use a 120hz crossover for all my speakers. Sounds the best in my room at this frequency cutoff. Try both higher and lower and use what sounds best to you.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
Roku Ultra, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Quattron
Kini62 is offline  
post #54170 of 58407 Old 12-05-2017, 05:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3,979
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1984 Post(s)
Liked: 2681
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxchaser View Post
Unfortunately still no news on Klipsch RF-82 II's shipping from Fry's CM sale. Trying to be patient but aggravated, lol.
Congrats on taking advantage of Fry’s excellent sale pricing! I’ve not seen that pricing on 82’s since I bought mine a few years back from NFM. Hopefully they’ll be on your porch soon rather than later!

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is offline  
post #54171 of 58407 Old 12-05-2017, 05:18 PM
Senior Member
 
wxchaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Congrats on taking advantage of Fry’s excellent sale pricing! I’ve not seen that pricing on 82’s since I bought mine a few years back from NFM. Hopefully they’ll be on your porch soon rather than later!
Gene - hey thanks for the positivity! I needed that, lol.
gene4ht likes this.
wxchaser is offline  
post #54172 of 58407 Old 12-05-2017, 06:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,014
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 408
So is this a good deal from sound distributors?

RC-64 II and 2x RF-7 II $2599 or can a better deal be had? I've been wanting to upgrade from my 62s at some point in my life because I want to experience the bigger fuller sound.

Upstairs - Sony 75x940e: soundbar - Klipsch R-20B
Basement - BenQ HT3050: screen - Elite 125" motorized ATS: speakers - RF-7IIx2, RC-64II, RS-41IIx2, RS-42IIx2, AVR Denon x4000 -- subs PC-12NSD + RW12D
Bedroom - LG 65eg9600: soundbar - LG SH3K
Teremei is offline  
post #54173 of 58407 Old 12-05-2017, 06:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,014
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 408
I guess I should ask how big of a jump is RF-62 II to RF-7. I have heard people say if you have a subwoofer it doesn't matter much but I have to think a lot of sound comes from the tower itself. I could just buy a center but I would love to get all 3 of these in one go. I mainly watch movies with big soundtracks. Is it worth $1600'ish to get the 2 RF-7s? It must be a good price bc they have 2 left on ebay out of 10. So I might pull the trigger before anyone even responds.

Upstairs - Sony 75x940e: soundbar - Klipsch R-20B
Basement - BenQ HT3050: screen - Elite 125" motorized ATS: speakers - RF-7IIx2, RC-64II, RS-41IIx2, RS-42IIx2, AVR Denon x4000 -- subs PC-12NSD + RW12D
Bedroom - LG 65eg9600: soundbar - LG SH3K
Teremei is offline  
post #54174 of 58407 Old 12-05-2017, 06:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Zama-Shi, Japan
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I'm running a full Klipsch setup. I was limited to purchasing the RP250Fs as nobody would ship the 280Fs or even 260Fs and the cost for them here in Japan is just ridiculous. Anyways as my signature lists, 250Fs front and rear, 440C for the center, 140SAs on top of each 250 and a R-110SW under each 250F. I can only say I really enjoy watching/feeling movies in my place.
ceptorman and bobc455 like this.

HT: (7.4.4) - Yamaha CX-A5200 - Yamaha MX-A5200 - (6) Klipsch RP-250F (front, side, rear) - Klipsch RP-504C (center) - (4) SVS Prime Elevation (front/rear Atmos) - (4) Klipsch R110SW (front/rear left/right subs) - LG OLED 77C8P - Oppo UDP-203
Living: LG OLED 55C7P - Oppo UDP-203 - Yamaha YSP-5600 - Yamaha SW300B - Sony PS4Pro
Gameroom: LG OLED 55B6P - Sony PS4Pro - Sony HT-ST7
555SD is offline  
post #54175 of 58407 Old 12-05-2017, 07:47 PM
Senior Member
 
mpirnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Upstate Ohio
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Ditto @ceptorman comments. My upgrade path was also the 82’s to the 7’s. Love the 7’s but my regret was selling the 82’s. I often think about how the 82’s would have been great wides, surrounds, or rears. I almost pulled the trigger on Fry’s recent sale.
My upgrade path on mains was RB-41II, RB-81II, RF-82II, RF-7II. I kind of wish I'd just gone straight to the 7s.

Sadly, using my 82s as surrounds or rears has been vetoed by the "Steering Committee."
hollisesco likes this.
mpirnat is offline  
post #54176 of 58407 Old 12-05-2017, 07:50 PM
Senior Member
 
mpirnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Upstate Ohio
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
So is this a good deal from sound distributors?

RC-64 II and 2x RF-7 II $2599 or can a better deal be had? I've been wanting to upgrade from my 62s at some point in my life because I want to experience the bigger fuller sound.
I think that price for all three is a great deal, and you should jump on it if you have the space and budget.
mpirnat is offline  
post #54177 of 58407 Old 12-05-2017, 07:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,014
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
I think that price for all three is a great deal, and you should jump on it if you have the space and budget.
Thanks for your input. I think I'm REALLY ready to make the jump now. But you know what, I think I'm going to get just the center channel right now. I mostly am a movie watcher. I recently bought Hans Zimmer live blu ray and that has inspired me to upgrade. I will have to listen again but I have to think the Center channel will make the BIGGEST difference. I think my priorities are CENTER CHANNEL, then New Atmos receiver, then upgrade my weakest subwoofer. I think that will make the biggest difference to the fullness of the soundtracks over RF-7s don't you think? I could use that $1600 to instead to toward a denon 4400H for atmos (which I do not have atmos yet).

I could always buy a pair of RF-7s for $1800 at a later date.

Upstairs - Sony 75x940e: soundbar - Klipsch R-20B
Basement - BenQ HT3050: screen - Elite 125" motorized ATS: speakers - RF-7IIx2, RC-64II, RS-41IIx2, RS-42IIx2, AVR Denon x4000 -- subs PC-12NSD + RW12D
Bedroom - LG 65eg9600: soundbar - LG SH3K
Teremei is offline  
post #54178 of 58407 Old 12-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Senior Member
 
mpirnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Upstate Ohio
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
I guess I should ask how big of a jump is RF-62 II to RF-7. I have heard people say if you have a subwoofer it doesn't matter much but I have to think a lot of sound comes from the tower itself. I could just buy a center but I would love to get all 3 of these in one go. I mainly watch movies with big soundtracks. Is it worth $1600'ish to get the 2 RF-7s? It must be a good price bc they have 2 left on ebay out of 10. So I might pull the trigger before anyone even responds.
I just did the 82II to 7II upgrade last night, and I'm in love. The 82 was a fun speaker and I enjoyed mine a lot, but I swear there's magic in the 7s. I couldn't have it up loud last night, but the improvement in clarity and imaging was quickly apparent. I got them dialed in tonight and skimmed bits of "Empire Strikes Back", "Pacific Rim", and "The Fellowship of the Ring" with the volume up and was really, really pleased across the board, and surprised by the extra oomph in the lows.

FWIW I also did the center (replacing an RC-62II with an RC-64II) about 18 months ago and it was also a great choice.

I sincerely wish I'd done these upgrades ages ago, but the pricing wasn't where it is now.
mpirnat is offline  
post #54179 of 58407 Old 12-05-2017, 08:16 PM
Senior Member
 
mpirnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Upstate Ohio
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
Thanks for your input. I think I'm REALLY ready to make the jump now. But you know what, I think I'm going to get just the center channel right now. I mostly am a movie watcher. I recently bought Hans Zimmer live blu ray and that has inspired me to upgrade. I will have to listen again but I have to think the Center channel will make the BIGGEST difference. I think my priorities are CENTER CHANNEL, then New Atmos receiver, then upgrade my weakest subwoofer. I think that will make the biggest difference to the fullness of the soundtracks over RF-7s don't you think? I could use that $1600 to instead to toward a denon 4400H for atmos (which I do not have atmos yet).

I could always buy a pair of RF-7s for $1800 at a later date.
I thought my priority was the center when I did my RC-64II a while back, and while it did fill out the front in a way that I felt the 62II was kind of lacking in, I am getting so much more joy from the RF-7IIs. I don't notice them being speakers so much as I notice a feeling of being present in a space. The illusion, even with just 2-channel audio, is really potent. For movies, the score is going to be mostly in the mains, so if you're a Zimmer fan, upgrading the mains will help there.

The way I see it, there are going to be Atmos AVRs and compatible speakers and good subs for years to come; but the end of the cycle for something like the 7s doesn't come around as often, and so the opportunity for good pricing and easy availability won't be around forever. (At least that's how I justified doing the 7s instead of a sub. Your mileage may vary.)
ILOVEMYHDTV likes this.
mpirnat is offline  
post #54180 of 58407 Old 12-05-2017, 08:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,014
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
I thought my priority was the center when I did my RC-64II a while back, and while it did fill out the front in a way that I felt the 62II was kind of lacking in, I am getting so much more joy from the RF-7IIs. I don't notice them being speakers so much as I notice a feeling of being present in a space. The illusion, even with just 2-channel audio, is really potent. For movies, the score is going to be mostly in the mains, so if you're a Zimmer fan, upgrading the mains will help there.

The way I see it, there are going to be Atmos AVRs and compatible speakers and good subs for years to come; but the end of the cycle for something like the 7s doesn't come around as often, and so the opportunity for good pricing and easy availability won't be around forever. (At least that's how I justified doing the 7s instead of a sub. Your mileage may vary.)
I actually decided to get both the RF-7s and RC-64. I tested a few of my favorite movies. And while I noticed the first couple had the most important parts coming from the center, I then found out a couple others sent quite a lot to the LR channel. Star Wars intro music for example. sends quite the powerful brass instruments to the LR. As well as the intro to Neverending Story, most of the "oomph" of the vocals was sent to both the L and R channels. So I decided the RF-7s would be very important to me. I think it depends on the movie. But it seems many movies DO send a lot of the soundtrack to the LR. I just finished paying off my new TV with paypal 6 month credit. And this was my next purchase. I think this is going to be a HUGE upgrade. And I can't wait to watch a few of my favorite movies to test them out.
bobc455 likes this.

Upstairs - Sony 75x940e: soundbar - Klipsch R-20B
Basement - BenQ HT3050: screen - Elite 125" motorized ATS: speakers - RF-7IIx2, RC-64II, RS-41IIx2, RS-42IIx2, AVR Denon x4000 -- subs PC-12NSD + RW12D
Bedroom - LG 65eg9600: soundbar - LG SH3K
Teremei is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off