Klipsch owner thread - Page 1826 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23535Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #54751 of 58407 Old 01-25-2018, 03:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,014
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Here are some pictures for my friends @retro124 , @gent 4ht , and others. It's not even fully dark yet and already looking really nice! I also took a pic so you can see the difference of the screen in front of the 75" Sony TV. This is awesome! Thank you all for pushing me toward getting a projector earlier rather than later. I have still yet to try 3D but I'm super excited to, once it gets a bit darker outside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01348.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	2351082   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01351.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	2351084   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01353.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	2351086  
Louis Bartay and retro124 like this.

Upstairs - Sony 75x940e: soundbar - Klipsch R-20B
Basement - BenQ HT3050: screen - Elite 125" motorized ATS: speakers - RF-7IIx2, RC-64II, RS-41IIx2, RS-42IIx2, AVR Denon x4000 -- subs PC-12NSD + RW12D
Bedroom - LG 65eg9600: soundbar - LG SH3K

Last edited by Teremei; 01-25-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Teremei is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #54752 of 58407 Old 01-25-2018, 03:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3,979
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1984 Post(s)
Liked: 2681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
Here are some pictures for my friends @retro124 , @gene4ht , and others. It's not even fully dark yet and already looking really nice! I also took a pic so you can see the difference of the screen in front of the 75" Sony TV. This is awesome! Thank you all for pushing me toward getting a projector earlier rather than later. I have still yet to try 3D but I'm super excited to, once it gets a bit darker outside.
Looking good! You've taken the first steps in hopefully a long and wonderful PJ journey in this hobby of ours. And the best news is now you have the best of both A/V and HT worlds. I see your installer came up with a very nice solution for your screen. How is your PJ positioned...shelf, table, furniture, or ceiling mounted? With respect to 3D performance...it's depends on several factors...your choice and quality of glasses, your PJ's capabilities, and the quality of the the 3D transfer...not all transfers are demo quality. I have about 40 3D titles and I would say about 70% are of decent quality with the others not so much. Anyway, don't know where you live but some video rental stores rent 3D movies as well. The bad news is 3D is considered "dead" again and the studios are not turning many out anymore. Even so, all the 3D fans are still buying and renting where and when available. Many are wishing and hoping 3D again will make a return...for the 4th time. Prior to getting a 3D capable PJ, I had absolutely no interest in 3D. However, now I do enjoy 3D...when done well. Enjoy and have fun learning the in's and out's of PJ ownership!

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is offline  
post #54753 of 58407 Old 01-25-2018, 04:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,014
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 408
@gent 4ht I have a collection of about 40 of the best 3D blu rays. Avatar, Fury Road, some IMAX, Gravity, Some Disney, Some Marvel, Oz the Great and Powerful. Just to name a few. So I will be enjoying both of those. I am told this BenQ has outstanding 3D quality. I of course bought some nice DLP Link glasses. I'm about to find out now how good it is. 3D might be "dead" somewhat, but Avatar Trilogy will bring it back. And even now, there have been 2 recent movies released in 3D, Wonder Woman and Blade Runner 2047. So as long as there is a 3D movie here and there, I will continue to grow my collection.

Upstairs - Sony 75x940e: soundbar - Klipsch R-20B
Basement - BenQ HT3050: screen - Elite 125" motorized ATS: speakers - RF-7IIx2, RC-64II, RS-41IIx2, RS-42IIx2, AVR Denon x4000 -- subs PC-12NSD + RW12D
Bedroom - LG 65eg9600: soundbar - LG SH3K
Teremei is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #54754 of 58407 Old 01-25-2018, 04:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
zinfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Are refurbed Klipsch speakers recommended, and if so, where to buy?
zinfella is offline  
post #54755 of 58407 Old 01-25-2018, 04:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3,979
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1984 Post(s)
Liked: 2681
Seems we have many 3D titles in common. Avatar was solely responsible for bringing back 3D last time. Hopefully, the trilogy will do so again. And it’s good to see at least some studios are still committed to 3D. I’ll likely add both WW and BR 2049 to my collection soon. Funny, as our interests expand...so does the investment in software...i.e. I have titles in several versions: BD, 3D, and 4K...not at all complaining as each provides a different/alternate level of entertainment.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is offline  
post #54756 of 58407 Old 01-25-2018, 05:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfella View Post
Are refurbed Klipsch speakers recommended, and if so, where to buy?
Any reason to look for refurbished Klipsch speakers? What speakers are you loking for?

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
retro124 is offline  
post #54757 of 58407 Old 01-25-2018, 05:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
Here are some pictures for my friends @retro124 , @gent 4ht , and others. It's not even fully dark yet and already looking really nice! I also took a pic so you can see the difference of the screen in front of the 75" Sony TV. This is awesome! Thank you all for pushing me toward getting a projector earlier rather than later. I have still yet to try 3D but I'm super excited to, once it gets a bit darker outside.
Looks very nice!!! So what do you think about screen size now? .
Can you add picture with screen fully down and light on so we can see how low is going. I'm curious because it is what I'm dealing with now.

Just one complain , I highly recommend to take speakers covers off for pictures. Those big copper woofers add WOW factor even more .

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
retro124 is offline  
post #54758 of 58407 Old 01-25-2018, 10:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
zinfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Any reason to look for refurbished Klipsch speakers? What speakers are you loking for?
Reason? Yeah, I'm not against saving some bucks if possible. I need a center channel speaker to pair up with my R-15M fronts, and as things stand, only have 6" of height for it. That leads me to the R-440c, which is more money than I want to spend. I'd like to use the R-25c but it's too tall.

I'd be running the Klipsch's with a Denon E300, and I hope to grab the R-12SW sub. Then I need to figure out a pair of wireless surrounds to complete the 5.1 setup that I no linger have since our move. All of that to run an LG OLED, 2017 or 2018, to be determined by specs and costs once the 2018 models are released.

Full bore retail might put the package out of my reach. I don't know squat about Klipsch refurbs, which is why I'm inquiring here. If it's too risky, then I'll have to pass.
zinfella is offline  
post #54759 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 02:19 AM
Member
 
th0093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi all,

I'm looking for some thoughts on the RF-7ii speakers. I currently have an all Klipsch 7.1 system (SVS sub) with the RP-280F as my mains. I love the sound and I have no complaints about my system but I'm seeing some huge price drops on the RF-7ii. If anyone has upgraded from the RP-280F to the RF-7ii can you give me your thoughts/comments? Was it worth the upgrade?

Many thanks for your suggestions / advice.

Tom

Receiver: Denon AVR-X4300H,
Speakers: Klipsch RP-280F, Klipsch RP-450C, Klipsch RP 150-M, Klipsch RP 250-S
Amp: Krell KAV-500
Sub: Dual SVS PB-2000
th0093 is offline  
post #54760 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 05:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfella View Post
Reason? Yeah, I'm not against saving some bucks if possible. I need a center channel speaker to pair up with my R-15M fronts, and as things stand, only have 6" of height for it. That leads me to the R-440c, which is more money than I want to spend. I'd like to use the R-25c but it's too tall.

I'd be running the Klipsch's with a Denon E300, and I hope to grab the R-12SW sub. Then I need to figure out a pair of wireless surrounds to complete the 5.1 setup that I no linger have since our move. All of that to run an LG OLED, 2017 or 2018, to be determined by specs and costs once the 2018 models are released.

Full bore retail might put the package out of my reach. I don't know squat about Klipsch refurbs, which is why I'm inquiring here. If it's too risky, then I'll have to pass.
You can start looking for used one, maybe set up Ad here in classifieds. Speakers from many people here are in great shape. Maybe somebody will be upgrading. Also try to call some Klipsch dealers like Sound Distributors if they have any and they will always give you better price then MSRP but you must call only.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3

Last edited by retro124; 01-26-2018 at 05:32 AM.
retro124 is offline  
post #54761 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 06:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,014
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by th0093 View Post
Hi all,

I'm looking for some thoughts on the RF-7ii speakers. I currently have an all Klipsch 7.1 system (SVS sub) with the RP-280F as my mains. I love the sound and I have no complaints about my system but I'm seeing some huge price drops on the RF-7ii. If anyone has upgraded from the RP-280F to the RF-7ii can you give me your thoughts/comments? Was it worth the upgrade?

Many thanks for your suggestions / advice.

Tom
Amazing, must buy. I upgraded mine a couple months ago and couldn't stop praising them on this thread. You will never have to upgrade your speakers again. Heck just read the last 4 pages to see tons of impressions. I think there was still talk about RF-7II just last page.
gene4ht and retro124 like this.

Upstairs - Sony 75x940e: soundbar - Klipsch R-20B
Basement - BenQ HT3050: screen - Elite 125" motorized ATS: speakers - RF-7IIx2, RC-64II, RS-41IIx2, RS-42IIx2, AVR Denon x4000 -- subs PC-12NSD + RW12D
Bedroom - LG 65eg9600: soundbar - LG SH3K

Last edited by Teremei; 01-26-2018 at 06:58 AM.
Teremei is offline  
post #54762 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 06:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
zinfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
You can start looking for used one, maybe set up Ad here in classifieds. Speakers from many people here are in great shape. Maybe somebody will be upgrading. Also try to call some Klipsch dealers like Sound Distributors if they have any and they will always give you better price then MSRP but you must call only.
Okay, I looked at the classifieds here, but, I didn't see what I'm looking for. Frankly, I have nothing against buying used gear if I have reason to trust it's condition, and shipping costs are what I deem reasonable. I would think that refurbed Klipsch gear would worth looking at, but, I have not yet seen any positive remarks about it here. Then aways at the back of my mind is the nagging question about what do I do if the item(s) have issues when dealing with individuals.

Thanks for the tip about calling dealers to see what they might have. I didn't consider that they might have some used (unadvertised) gear that would serve my needs.

I' need some help with a surround speaker setup too. They would be able to get 110v power, but speaker wire is not a choice. What is recommended when it comes to making them wireless? They would be stationed 12'-15' from the receiver, and on stands. I'm open to suggestions about which speakers to get, as well as getting the audio signal to them.
zinfella is offline  
post #54763 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 06:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,014
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Seems we have many 3D titles in common. Avatar was solely responsible for bringing back 3D last time. Hopefully, the trilogy will do so again. And it’s good to see at least some studios are still committed to 3D. I’ll likely add both WW and BR 2049 to my collection soon. Funny, as our interests expand...so does the investment in software...i.e. I have titles in several versions: BD, 3D, and 4K...not at all complaining as each provides a different/alternate level of entertainment.
I watched Avatar last night and the 3D on the BenQ is incredible. Absolutely no ghosting at all. Much better than my brief experience with the Sony 940d which I replaced. I figure no better movie than to break in a 3D projector. It's going to be amazing watching all of my 3D movies again on my new 100" screen. In fact I will probably just about have to watch every movie I own! haha.

Upstairs - Sony 75x940e: soundbar - Klipsch R-20B
Basement - BenQ HT3050: screen - Elite 125" motorized ATS: speakers - RF-7IIx2, RC-64II, RS-41IIx2, RS-42IIx2, AVR Denon x4000 -- subs PC-12NSD + RW12D
Bedroom - LG 65eg9600: soundbar - LG SH3K
Teremei is offline  
post #54764 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 07:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfella View Post
Okay, I looked at the classifieds here, but, I didn't see what I'm looking for. Frankly, I have nothing against buying used gear if I have reason to trust it's condition, and shipping costs are what I deem reasonable. I would think that refurbed Klipsch gear would worth looking at, but, I have not yet seen any positive remarks about it here. Then aways at the back of my mind is the nagging question about what do I do if the item(s) have issues when dealing with individuals.

Thanks for the tip about calling dealers to see what they might have. I didn't consider that they might have some used (unadvertised) gear that would serve my needs.

I' need some help with a surround speaker setup too. They would be able to get 110v power, but speaker wire is not a choice. What is recommended when it comes to making them wireless? They would be stationed 12'-15' from the receiver, and on stands. I'm open to suggestions about which speakers to get, as well as getting the audio signal to them.
Set up Ad want to buy and people will get back you. You never know one for sale can be close to you more then you think and you maybe able to just pick it up. Worth to try.
Teremei likes this.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
retro124 is offline  
post #54765 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 07:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by th0093 View Post
Hi all,

I'm looking for some thoughts on the RF-7ii speakers. I currently have an all Klipsch 7.1 system (SVS sub) with the RP-280F as my mains. I love the sound and I have no complaints about my system but I'm seeing some huge price drops on the RF-7ii. If anyone has upgraded from the RP-280F to the RF-7ii can you give me your thoughts/comments? Was it worth the upgrade?

Many thanks for your suggestions / advice.

Tom
I agree with @Temerei . Let’s count how many of us did upgrade from RP-280F or similar to RF-7II’s. It will give you nice idea how great step it was. I went from RF-82II to RF-7II. Never looked back.
1+ here.
gene4ht likes this.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3

Last edited by retro124; 01-26-2018 at 07:11 AM.
retro124 is offline  
post #54766 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 07:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,014
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Set up Ad want to buy and people will get back you. You never know one for sale can be close to you more then you think and you maybe able to just pick it up. Worth to try.
This is true. I put up a WTB klipsch series II bookshelf. And not a week later and I bought a perfect condition RB-51II for my new surround backs from a member here. I am thinking of doing the same thing for some RS-42II or RS-52II so I can increase the size of my side surrounds.
retro124 likes this.

Upstairs - Sony 75x940e: soundbar - Klipsch R-20B
Basement - BenQ HT3050: screen - Elite 125" motorized ATS: speakers - RF-7IIx2, RC-64II, RS-41IIx2, RS-42IIx2, AVR Denon x4000 -- subs PC-12NSD + RW12D
Bedroom - LG 65eg9600: soundbar - LG SH3K
Teremei is offline  
post #54767 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 07:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,014
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
I agree with @Temerei . Let’s count how many of us did upgrade from RP-280F or similar to RF-7II’s. It will give you nice idea how great step it was. I went from RF-82II to RF-7II. Never looked back.
1+ here.
Plus, consider the fact that RF-7II and RC-64II sounded so good to me. That I absolutely wanted to get a larger screen after that. So consider that caveat as well.

Upstairs - Sony 75x940e: soundbar - Klipsch R-20B
Basement - BenQ HT3050: screen - Elite 125" motorized ATS: speakers - RF-7IIx2, RC-64II, RS-41IIx2, RS-42IIx2, AVR Denon x4000 -- subs PC-12NSD + RW12D
Bedroom - LG 65eg9600: soundbar - LG SH3K
Teremei is offline  
post #54768 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3,979
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1984 Post(s)
Liked: 2681
Quote:
Originally Posted by th0093 View Post
Hi all,

I'm looking for some thoughts on the RF-7ii speakers. I currently have an all Klipsch 7.1 system (SVS sub) with the RP-280F as my mains. I love the sound and I have no complaints about my system but I'm seeing some huge price drops on the RF-7ii. If anyone has upgraded from the RP-280F to the RF-7ii can you give me your thoughts/comments? Was it worth the upgrade?

Many thanks for your suggestions / advice.

Tom
I'm in agreement with @Teremei , @retro124 , and others. Although I understand the RP-280F is an incremental improvement over the RF-82 II's (which I also previously owned), the RF-7 II's are more than an incremental improvement over the 8 inchers. There are reasons the RF-7 II's have been and still are well regarded. Their ability to play crisper, cleaner, and louder...especially in larger spaces is legendary. The current close out pricing on the RF-7 II's makes it that much more compelling and an absolute no brainer! No need to wonder or hesitate!
retro124 likes this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is offline  
post #54769 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3,979
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1984 Post(s)
Liked: 2681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
I watched Avatar last night and the 3D on the BenQ is incredible. Absolutely no ghosting at all. Much better than my brief experience with the Sony 940d which I replaced. I figure no better movie than to break in a 3D projector. It's going to be amazing watching all of my 3D movies again on my new 100" screen. In fact I will probably just about have to watch every movie I own! haha.
The BenQ has a stellar reputation for 3D...a BenQ was one of my earlier 5 PJ's ...glad you're happy with the PJ's performance! So funny how we rewatch our collections!

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is offline  
post #54770 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 09:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3,979
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1984 Post(s)
Liked: 2681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
Plus, consider the fact that RF-7II and RC-64II sounded so good to me. That I absolutely wanted to get a larger screen after that. So consider that caveat as well.
I had no clue you would act so quickly after my recommendation. It was only a comment after thinking about the path that I followed. Now you're "paying it forward." A monster has been created!
ceptorman and retro124 like this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203

Last edited by gene4ht; 01-26-2018 at 09:49 AM. Reason: typo
gene4ht is offline  
post #54771 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 09:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
I had no clue you would act so quickly after my recommendation. It was only a comment after thinking about the path that I followed. Now you're "paying it forward." A monster has been created!
It is your fault @gene4ht it is why @Temerei have to buy big screen 😁👍
gene4ht likes this.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
retro124 is offline  
post #54772 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 09:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ereed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,456
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2304 Post(s)
Liked: 1625
Would love to go bigger screen....but would require AT screen for that to happen!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	27335885_10214967141473600_638913947_o.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	569.7 KB
ID:	2351334   Click image for larger version

Name:	27398238_10214967141073590_1464078596_o.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	560.8 KB
ID:	2351336  

Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels
ereed is online now  
post #54773 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3,979
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1984 Post(s)
Liked: 2681
Hey @retro124 , appreciate your recommendation to upgrade to the 7's a couple of years ago. As I recall, yours came from gadgetfreek Anyway, I'm closing in on a new AVR...8012 or 8500.
retro124 likes this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is offline  
post #54774 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 10:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
Would love to go bigger screen....but would require AT screen for that to happen!
That is pretty sweet set up what you have and 120” is great. Many of us can only dream about 120” very often simply no room for it.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
retro124 is offline  
post #54775 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 10:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3,979
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1984 Post(s)
Liked: 2681
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
Would love to go bigger screen....but would require AT screen for that to happen!
Same here, I'm currently constrained at 115" I would love to get to 130" or 140" but, like you, that would mean an AT screen. And I would have to hide those beautiful copper drivers...not something I would really like to do!
retro124 likes this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203

Last edited by gene4ht; 01-26-2018 at 10:03 AM. Reason: typo
gene4ht is offline  
post #54776 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ceptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indy
Posts: 1,142
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
Would love to go bigger screen....but would require AT screen for that to happen!
Very nice room.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
ceptorman is offline  
post #54777 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ceptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indy
Posts: 1,142
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
I had no clue you would act so quickly after my recommendation. It was only a comment after thinking about the path that I followed. Now you're "paying it forward." A monster has been created!
Haha....I blame you, retro124, and Teremei for me looking into a screen also

I was considering a new, larger TV, then considered a screen instead. I'm not sure on the timing, I'm thinking about building a new home late this year or next year, so I might just wait. A new home will have a dedicated HT room. We will see.
gene4ht and retro124 like this.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
ceptorman is offline  
post #54778 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 10:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Hey @retro124 , appreciate your recommendation to upgrade to the 7's a couple of years ago. As I recall, yours came from gadgetfreek Anyway, I'm closing in on a new AVR...8012 or 8500.
That is truth, I’m responsible for it I know. I want to say you want to save $$$ don’t talk to @gene4ht but I’m same so better will be delete AVS forum completly 😂.
Sweet I know you waiting for right AVR for a long time so will see if this one will fit you.
gene4ht likes this.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
retro124 is offline  
post #54779 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 10:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceptorman View Post
Haha....I blame you, retro124, and Teremei for me looking into a screen also

I was considering a new, larger TV, then considered a screen instead. I'm not sure on the timing, I'm thinking about building a new home late this year or next year, so I might just wait. A new home will have a dedicated HT room. We will see.
Your welcome 😁, nice those are great plans!!! You can probably do both. TV now and later big screen for sure a specially with dedicated HT room. Looks like we going to see you soon in home theather of the month section 😁.
ceptorman likes this.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
retro124 is offline  
post #54780 of 58407 Old 01-26-2018, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ceptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indy
Posts: 1,142
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Your welcome 😁, nice those are great plans!!! You can probably do both. TV now and later big screen for sure a specially with dedicated HT room. Looks like we going to see you soon in home theather of the month section 😁.
Yesterday I made a comment to my wife
Me....You know what we need?
Her...More speakers? (rolled her eyes)
Me...No, a 10' projector/screen, it will hide when we're just watching the TV, then drop down to watch a movie
Her...Aren't those expensive?
Me...Probably cheaper than a new TV
Her...Nods and says huh!
Me...I take that as a yes!

My 17 year old daughter is on board. Every time we update the main TV, that one goes into our bedroom, our bedroom TV goes into her room
gene4ht, Louis Bartay and retro124 like this.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
ceptorman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off