Klipsch owner thread - Page 1845 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23573Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #55321 of 58531 Old 03-19-2018, 06:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Scars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJustGeo View Post
No it's not the finish I'm asking about. I'm asking is it really worth the tag or would I do just fine with let's say an RP-250c?
Where you decide to settle is entirely up to you. I’m very happy with the 450C I have and I came from the 440C. I felt it was a substantial and worthwhile improvement, but it could be because I just got done paying for it.

So....maybe you could have saved some money and settled for the 250C and been perfectly happy. But you have a better speaker instead.
Scars is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #55322 of 58531 Old 03-19-2018, 06:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Scars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod2750 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I was doing side by side spec comparisons and I was surprised that the new reference premier models weren't any better than what I have currently.
The horn is less harsh. You may not care for surround purposes though. Not something that shows up on specs. Measurements might show it though... dunno.

My Room 7.3:
LG OLED65B7A; Sony UBP-X700; Sony Playstation 4 Pro; Apple TV 4K; SONOS Connect
Denon AVR-X3400H; Klipsch RP-280F (L/R), RP-450C (C), RP-250S (SL/SR), RP-240D (RL/RR); PSA V1510 (x3 SW)
Scars is offline  
post #55323 of 58531 Old 03-20-2018, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,014
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Can anyone tell me of a good quality wall mount with a ball joint? I am going to mount 2 RB-41s (which are tiny) on a little drop down part of the ceiling so it's technically a "wall". And I want a ball joint because I want to angle them dramatically by pointing them mostly downward.

I suppose I can also mount them on a stud in the ceiling as long as I have a mount that can also tilt and angle.

Upstairs - Sony 75x940e: soundbar - Klipsch R-20B
Basement - BenQ HT3050: screen - Elite 125" motorized ATS: speakers - RF-7IIx2, RC-64II, RS-41IIx2, RS-42IIx2, AVR Denon x4000 -- subs PC-12NSD + RW12D
Bedroom - LG 65eg9600: soundbar - LG SH3K
Teremei is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #55324 of 58531 Old 03-20-2018, 02:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Louis Bartay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,859
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
Can anyone tell me of a good quality wall mount with a ball joint? I am going to mount 2 RB-41s (which are tiny) on a little drop down part of the ceiling so it's technically a "wall". And I want a ball joint because I want to angle them dramatically by pointing them mostly downward.

I suppose I can also mount them on a stud in the ceiling as long as I have a mount that can also tilt and angle.
I have used these for years Omnimounts http://www.omnimount.com/products/sp...series/25.0_w/ they make them for smaller/lighter speakers too.. I was told many years ago from Omnimount Customer Service to use a mount with 50% more weight rating then what your speaker weighs for a lifetime install. YMMV on this depending on the weight of the speaker. Omnimount use to make one that bolts to the wall/ceiling studs ( I did ) that you could mount a Heresy with. So my RS3-II are no big deal for the WA30 ( 30 lb rating) pair of mounts I purchased used off Ebay in 2009. The ball&clamp mount is great as I have moved them around several times so easy with a allen wrench.
ceptorman likes this.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II, R-14M
Klipsch Heresy II, NAD C272/C162,PL-518X ATOC9ML/III
Klipsch KLF-20,ReVox A77 MK IV D, Nakamichi BX-300
Klipsch Synergy Sub 12" X 3, SVS PB 13 Ultra Sub
Yamaha RX-V1900 HD 7.1, CDC 697, PS4
Louis Bartay is offline  
post #55325 of 58531 Old 03-20-2018, 03:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,014
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
I have used these for years Omnimounts http://www.omnimount.com/products/sp...series/25.0_w/ they make them for smaller/lighter speakers too.. I was told many years ago from Omnimount Customer Service to use a mount with 50% more weight rating then what your speaker weighs for a lifetime install. YMMV on this depending on the weight of the speaker. Omnimount use to make one that bolts to the wall/ceiling studs ( I did ) that you could mount a Heresy with. So my RS3-II are no big deal for the WA30 ( 30 lb rating) pair of mounts I purchased used off Ebay in 2009. The ball&clamp mount is great as I have moved them around several times so easy with a allen wrench.
Thanks, I'll probably end up getting https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER. I'm not upgrading to atmos til the end of the year. But I know what I'll need now.
Louis Bartay likes this.

Upstairs - Sony 75x940e: soundbar - Klipsch R-20B
Basement - BenQ HT3050: screen - Elite 125" motorized ATS: speakers - RF-7IIx2, RC-64II, RS-41IIx2, RS-42IIx2, AVR Denon x4000 -- subs PC-12NSD + RW12D
Bedroom - LG 65eg9600: soundbar - LG SH3K
Teremei is offline  
post #55326 of 58531 Old 03-20-2018, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
malmstump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 743
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 369
so i am back ,bought second klf c-7 to test the dual center ..... hooked up y rca to center channel sat down put on interstellar br{my goto movie} on and right away felt and heard the bass ,hair raising power and yes it helps to have em powered by the crown xls 2502 ...impressive ... music was even better ,more detailed and louuuuder.
i was kinda shocked at this wall of sound and found myself turning it down as it almost over powers the klf 30 s now ,
i actually had to turn the trim level down 6 db as it was not only keeping up with all the towers but again overpowering things .
voices are so much deeper and grunttier ,much much louder now as i mentioned ,the thing wih timing and comb filtering aren't an issue at all as reported by other forums saying not to do dual centers . i also love the monstrous looks f the 2 c7 s
i don't understand why klipsch discontinued this massive center ,they should bring it back c7 and intoduce dual klf cc-7 and it might be a hit lol
to anyone that have the legend or heck anybody with any center that wants to up the sound ,just double up .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180319_153421[1].jpg
Views:	98
Size:	595.6 KB
ID:	2378146   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180319_153436[1].jpg
Views:	68
Size:	515.4 KB
ID:	2378148   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180319_153440[1].jpg
Views:	72
Size:	500.1 KB
ID:	2378150  
Louis Bartay likes this.

klipsch klf-30 s Vizio p65
klipsch klf c-7 x 2
klipsch klf-20 s
onkyo tx Nr-818 soon denonx4500
3 crown xls 2502 1 xls 1502, HSU vtf-15 Mk 2

Last edited by malmstump; 03-20-2018 at 04:03 PM.
malmstump is offline  
post #55327 of 58531 Old 03-20-2018, 04:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Have the "revamped" RP models started shipping yet?
Micah Snow is offline  
post #55328 of 58531 Old 03-20-2018, 04:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ereed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,508
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2350 Post(s)
Liked: 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmstump View Post
so i am back ,bought second klf c-7 to test the dual center ..... hooked up y rca to center channel sat down put on interstellar br{my goto movie} on and right away felt and heard the bass ,hair raising power and yes it helps to have em powered by the crown xls 2502 ...impressive ... music was even better ,more detailed and louuuuder.
i was kinda shocked at this wall of sound and found myself turning it down as it almost over powers the klf 30 s now ,
i actually had to turn the trim level down 6 db as it was not only keeping up with all the towers but again overpowering things .
voices are so much deeper and grunttier ,much much louder now as i mentioned ,the thing wih timing and comb filtering aren't an issue at all as reported by other forums saying not to do dual centers . i also love the monstrous looks f the 2 c7 s
i don't understand why klipsch discontinued this massive center ,they should bring it back c7 and intoduce dual klf cc-7 and it might be a hit lol
to anyone that have the legend or heck anybody with any center that wants to up the sound ,just double up .
Remove that grill for pics.....otherwise they all look the same!
malmstump and Louis Bartay like this.

Theater room: Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Outlaw Audio 976 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panny 60 inch | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Axiom Audio M60/VP150/QS8
ereed is offline  
post #55329 of 58531 Old 03-20-2018, 05:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
malmstump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 743
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
Remove that grill for pics.....otherwise they all look the same!




Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180319_122213[1].jpg
Views:	95
Size:	595.0 KB
ID:	2378160  
ereed and Louis Bartay like this.

klipsch klf-30 s Vizio p65
klipsch klf c-7 x 2
klipsch klf-20 s
onkyo tx Nr-818 soon denonx4500
3 crown xls 2502 1 xls 1502, HSU vtf-15 Mk 2
malmstump is offline  
post #55330 of 58531 Old 03-20-2018, 05:24 PM
Senior Member
 
itsmyforte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: IN
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah Snow View Post
Have the "revamped" RP models started shipping yet?
No

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
itsmyforte is offline  
post #55331 of 58531 Old 03-20-2018, 06:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
Soupy1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis Metro (IL.)
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmstump View Post
so i am back ,bought second klf c-7 to test the dual center ..... hooked up y rca to center channel sat down put on interstellar br{my goto movie} on and right away felt and heard the bass ,hair raising power and yes it helps to have em powered by the crown xls 2502 ...impressive ... music was even better ,more detailed and louuuuder.
i was kinda shocked at this wall of sound and found myself turning it down as it almost over powers the klf 30 s now ,
i actually had to turn the trim level down 6 db as it was not only keeping up with all the towers but again overpowering things .
voices are so much deeper and grunttier ,much much louder now as i mentioned ,the thing wih timing and comb filtering aren't an issue at all as reported by other forums saying not to do dual centers . i also love the monstrous looks f the 2 c7 s
i don't understand why klipsch discontinued this massive center ,they should bring it back c7 and intoduce dual klf cc-7 and it might be a hit lol
to anyone that have the legend or heck anybody with any center that wants to up the sound ,just double up .
Sweet! The one thing I like about the KLF C-7 besides it's awesome compression driver, is that the horn spread is vertical keeping the sound center from your left and right mains. Which in your case is probably even more important considering how close your left/right are to the center. I wonder if you wouldn't be even more better off, by having a new cabinet made to spec with a divider and position both horns in the middle with the two woofers on each side. Or just have new motor boards made for your current cabinets. I'm surprised you needed more output from a single C-7 in the first place though. Maybe someone needs to experiment with front porting one of these.
malmstump and Louis Bartay like this.

Denon X6200W - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Klipsch RB-61 II Back surround -OSD ACE850 ceiling x 4 Atmos - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - 4 Dayton Audio BST-1 Bass Shakers with SA230 Amp - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen
Soupy1970 is offline  
post #55332 of 58531 Old 03-20-2018, 07:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ceptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indy
Posts: 1,142
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmstump View Post
Sweet!
malmstump and Louis Bartay like this.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
ceptorman is offline  
post #55333 of 58531 Old 03-21-2018, 04:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Louis Bartay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,859
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 850
I too think Klipsch should bring back the C7 it blends in with any Heritage speaker for HT use. The guy I purchased mine from had 3, he used two for his rears for his 5.1. He was moving out of state and had to sell everything. I wish I had purchased the other two now for side surrounds for my 7.2.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II, R-14M
Klipsch Heresy II, NAD C272/C162,PL-518X ATOC9ML/III
Klipsch KLF-20,ReVox A77 MK IV D, Nakamichi BX-300
Klipsch Synergy Sub 12" X 3, SVS PB 13 Ultra Sub
Yamaha RX-V1900 HD 7.1, CDC 697, PS4
Louis Bartay is offline  
post #55334 of 58531 Old 03-21-2018, 05:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
Soupy1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis Metro (IL.)
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
I too think Klipsch should bring back the C7 it blends in with any Heritage speaker for HT use. The guy I purchased mine from had 3, he used two for his rears for his 5.1. He was moving out of state and had to sell everything. I wish I had purchased the other two now for side surrounds for my 7.2.

I use the C-7 for center and surround duty. They play nicely in vertical position since the horn isn't flipped for wide spread center duty. I couldn't fit towers as surrounds, so the C-7 was my best choice for timber matching.

Ignore the tape on speakers in the photo, I had just finished building the stands for the surrounds, and was taping off where the laser went for positioning of all speakers. One stand still needed paint at the time too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	28768267_10214195867085023_410996989_o.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	840.7 KB
ID:	2378316  
ereed, malmstump and Louis Bartay like this.

Denon X6200W - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Klipsch RB-61 II Back surround -OSD ACE850 ceiling x 4 Atmos - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - 4 Dayton Audio BST-1 Bass Shakers with SA230 Amp - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen
Soupy1970 is offline  
post #55335 of 58531 Old 03-21-2018, 06:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
vipergts2207's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 506
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmyforte View Post
No

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
What was 'revamped' in the RP series? I hadn't heard about this, but hadn't really been paying attention either.

Sony XBR-55X900E (My Calibration Settings)
Denon AVR-X2200W
Klipsch RP-260F | RP-450C | RP-250F | R-110SW | RP-140SA
5.1.2
vipergts2207 is offline  
post #55336 of 58531 Old 03-21-2018, 07:18 AM
Senior Member
 
itsmyforte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: IN
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergts2207 View Post
What was 'revamped' in the RP series? I hadn't heard about this, but hadn't really been paying attention either.
The only information available is any CES coverage you may find on the interwebs. Sorry, I got nothing.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
itsmyforte is offline  
post #55337 of 58531 Old 03-21-2018, 07:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drh3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 3,903
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2110 Post(s)
Liked: 4263
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergts2207 View Post
What was 'revamped' in the RP series? I hadn't heard about this, but hadn't really been paying attention either.
Basically styling(lame, imo) and they made a change to the design of the tweeter. Haven't watched this in a while, but I think that's most of it.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
drh3b is offline  
post #55338 of 58531 Old 03-21-2018, 10:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
malmstump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 743
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
I use the C-7 for center and surround duty. They play nicely in vertical position since the horn isn't flipped for wide spread center duty. I couldn't fit towers as surrounds, so the C-7 was my best choice for timber matching.

Ignore the tape on speakers in the photo, I had just finished building the stands for the surrounds, and was taping off where the laser went for positioning of all speakers. One stand still needed paint at the time too.
soupy you have a killer theater brother ,just wow .that's my dream someday to have a dedicated theater/man cave where i can blast movies at -15 db ,interstellar and tron legacy are just sweet and gets crazy loud
Soupy1970 and Louis Bartay like this.

klipsch klf-30 s Vizio p65
klipsch klf c-7 x 2
klipsch klf-20 s
onkyo tx Nr-818 soon denonx4500
3 crown xls 2502 1 xls 1502, HSU vtf-15 Mk 2
malmstump is offline  
post #55339 of 58531 Old 03-21-2018, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shivaji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. California
Posts: 2,552
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1242 Post(s)
Liked: 1217
I too, am a fan of the KLF C-7. I use one in Mahogany as a center between the Klipsch Epic CF3's and it has been sitting happily in place for over 15 years.
shivaji is online now  
post #55340 of 58531 Old 03-21-2018, 10:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
Soupy1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis Metro (IL.)
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmstump View Post
soupy you have a killer theater brother ,just wow .that's my dream someday to have a dedicated theater/man cave where i can blast movies at -15 db ,interstellar and tron legacy are just sweet and gets crazy loud
Thanks! Funny you should bring up Tron Legacy. I was playing a couple of the Demo clips last night and my daughter said she wanted to see that movie. She never heard of it, she was 10 when it came out. Anyway, that is on the agenda for tonight.

Denon X6200W - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Klipsch RB-61 II Back surround -OSD ACE850 ceiling x 4 Atmos - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - 4 Dayton Audio BST-1 Bass Shakers with SA230 Amp - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen
Soupy1970 is offline  
post #55341 of 58531 Old 03-21-2018, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mr.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sconi
Posts: 6,492
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1359 Post(s)
Liked: 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
Thanks! Funny you should bring up Tron Legacy. I was playing a couple of the Demo clips last night and my daughter said she wanted to see that movie. She never heard of it, she was 10 when it came out. Anyway, that is on the agenda for tonight.
Agree. Watched the 3D version a few weeks ago and it still holds up nicely. The audio is great but would love to see an Atmos release someday.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
Mr.G is offline  
post #55342 of 58531 Old 03-21-2018, 11:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmstump View Post
Soundbar on steroids. I think there really is something to this concept. Most centers are not able to match the L&R as far as sound quality goes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
malmstump likes this.
dprizal is offline  
post #55343 of 58531 Old 03-21-2018, 10:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayreal23 View Post
Just a quick update. I added the Marantz MM7025 to my setup to have dedicated power for my FR/FL as my 2ch music listening and the volume at which I listen have increased.

I'm not sure if it's a placebo effect but my speakers are playing louder at the same dB as when previously was listening on just the receiver. Am I crazy or does this seem right?

I can't say that I notice much of an improvement in the actual sound stage but rather a louder speaker at the same dB level. I even saved the Audyssey settings from when I was just powering from the receiver, and when I reran Audyssey again, it gave almost the exact same settings.


Are the fl/fr trims the same? With a powerful amp and sensitive speakers, and perhaps close listening position/small room, there may not be enough range in the trim adjustment to bring the volume down to where it ought to be. Or it could be that your receiver just was not powering your speakers adequately in the first place. Either way, I don’t think it’s merely placebo.
Stayreal23 likes this.
DubPlate is offline  
post #55344 of 58531 Old 03-21-2018, 10:13 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
There is more to a sub then just how low it will go. Some sound better in different areas. Not everyone is chasing the sub 20Hz. My two HSU will play flat down to 13Hz in my sealed room, but I had to also add two DJ style subs to fill in the mid bass region that the HSU was lacking (partially location). The Mid bass subs only play down to 35Hz, but they serve their intended purpose. So it really depends what you need, just not how low they will go.


Which hsu sub do you have? I am surprise two would not be enough in the mid base region. I have been contemplating picking up two VTF-2 mk5.
DubPlate is offline  
post #55345 of 58531 Old 03-21-2018, 10:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
Soupy1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis Metro (IL.)
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubPlate View Post
Which hsu sub do you have? I am surprise two would not be enough in the mid base region. I have been contemplating picking up two VTF-2 mk5.
I have two HSU VTF-3 MK4. They are great subs and plenty of headroom for my room. Audyssey lowers the low end on me which is a sign they have plenty of oomph down there to spare. I hit 13Hz flat. My problem is I don't have ideal locations that give good output in both regions. I could split the HSU subs up, but the locations that have the best mid bass in my room are not ideal for this size of a sub. Mid bass subs are much smaller since they are tuned higher, so I went that route. I was able to throw in two Midbass on each side wall right next to the side surrounds (near-field) without taking up much real estate. I get the benefit of 4 subs over two. They blend well together.

The VTF-2 MK5 looks real comparable to what mine are. 16Hz with one port open. I think you will be pleased with them. As mentioned I have no problem hitting 13Hz in One port open mode, EQ1 Q0.3, I don't use a higher Q because Audyssey just yanks it back down. My room is 14 x 20. The neat thing about mixing true subs with mid bass subs, is after Audyssey I just bump the true subs 2dB and I get a nice low end rise that is perfect, without effecting the Midbass region of 50+Hz. I only paid $300 each for the popular Behringer B1200D‑Pro PA Subwoofer. They hit hard in the chest thump range of 50-70Hz. I think they are tuned around 60Hz, and they fall fast around 45Hz.

I hope some of this is helpful, get those HSU subs, you will love them. By the way, they were enough, I just wanted more subs

ceptorman and DubPlate like this.

Denon X6200W - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Klipsch RB-61 II Back surround -OSD ACE850 ceiling x 4 Atmos - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - 4 Dayton Audio BST-1 Bass Shakers with SA230 Amp - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen
Soupy1970 is offline  
post #55346 of 58531 Old 03-21-2018, 10:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
Soupy1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis Metro (IL.)
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 349
By the way Midbass, is not to be confused with Mid Range. I consider Mid Bass the chest thump region of 50-80, or whatever you crossover your main at. Mid bass subs will play better up to 150Hz if need be. True subs seem to focus more on the low end, but the HSU are no slouch in the MidBass especially if ran both ports open EQ2, or you just have good sub locations for both regions. Note that the HSU subs in 2 port open EQ2 mode will start to drop off at 25Hz. The Mid Bass subs just smooths it all out for both. Dr HSU even pushes the ideal of adding a Mid Bass sub near-field to compliment a True Sub. He is the one that suggested it to me.
Louis Bartay likes this.

Denon X6200W - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Klipsch RB-61 II Back surround -OSD ACE850 ceiling x 4 Atmos - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - 4 Dayton Audio BST-1 Bass Shakers with SA230 Amp - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen
Soupy1970 is offline  
post #55347 of 58531 Old 03-22-2018, 11:22 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Round Rock, Tx
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJustGeo View Post
Thanks. My CA just came in the other night and it's massive!! The wood is awesome.

I'm so confused tho because I'm coming from an old (14 years old) center channel which costs $35 today, to this monster quad 5.25 center that costs $850 (but got it on sale for $599) and I'm not sure if I could get something for the same price ($600) that'll sound better or if maybe reducing the price to about $250 can get me something similar to this audio?

I hate that I just went all out and didnt test a few of the centers in the "middle" category.

The RP-450CA sounds amazing don't get me wrong, I'm just not sure if it's worth the tag ($599).
Did you get walnut or black? I have been keeping an eye on the RP-450C but have also seen this special on the RP-450CA. I have a pair of RP-280F ( ebony , not RP-280FA ) and was curious if the black RP-450CA veneer is a pretty close match to the ebony vinyl so as not to be be too obvious a difference.

Thanks!
_Jim_ is offline  
post #55348 of 58531 Old 03-22-2018, 02:19 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 9
I have someone local selling the following:
Klipsch RF-7II's & RS-62's for $1800.

I was originally planning RP250S.
What are the big differences between RS-62's and the 250's?

Worth the combo package since the seller wants to sell them as a bundle.
bogoroh is offline  
post #55349 of 58531 Old 03-22-2018, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,014
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
By the way Midbass, is not to be confused with Mid Range. I consider Mid Bass the chest thump region of 50-80, or whatever you crossover your main at. Mid bass subs will play better up to 150Hz if need be. True subs seem to focus more on the low end, but the HSU are no slouch in the MidBass especially if ran both ports open EQ2, or you just have good sub locations for both regions. Note that the HSU subs in 2 port open EQ2 mode will start to drop off at 25Hz. The Mid Bass subs just smooths it all out for both. Dr HSU even pushes the ideal of adding a Mid Bass sub near-field to compliment a True Sub. He is the one that suggested it to me.
I have a denon x4000 with 2 sub inputs. If I run 2 NSD's and one mid bass how should I sort them? the 2 NSD with a splitter and mid bass on it's own port? Also how about just one dedicated sub and one dedicated mid bass. I'd like to improve my subs but not sure what direction to go. I can upgrade each one to a higher end PC12+ and mid bass or 2 NSD + mid bass.

Upstairs - Sony 75x940e: soundbar - Klipsch R-20B
Basement - BenQ HT3050: screen - Elite 125" motorized ATS: speakers - RF-7IIx2, RC-64II, RS-41IIx2, RS-42IIx2, AVR Denon x4000 -- subs PC-12NSD + RW12D
Bedroom - LG 65eg9600: soundbar - LG SH3K
Teremei is offline  
post #55350 of 58531 Old 03-22-2018, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drh3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 3,903
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2110 Post(s)
Liked: 4263
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogoroh View Post
I have someone local selling the following:
Klipsch RF-7II's & RS-62's for $1800.

I was originally planning RP250S.
What are the big differences between RS-62's and the 250's?

Worth the combo package since the seller wants to sell them as a bundle.
The RS-62 should match the RF-7's better, the RP250s will have a warmer, more laid back sound.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
drh3b is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off