Klipsch owner thread - Page 1846 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23566Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #55351 of 58521 Old 03-22-2018, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
Soupy1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis Metro (IL.)
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
I have a denon x4000 with 2 sub inputs. If I run 2 NSD's and one mid bass how should I sort them? the 2 NSD with a splitter and mid bass on it's own port? Also how about just one dedicated sub and one dedicated mid bass. I'd like to improve my subs but not sure what direction to go. I can upgrade each one to a higher end PC12+ and mid bass or 2 NSD + mid bass.
I own the X4000 in another room, it's a nice AVR. It won't matter witch sub outs you use as Audyssey will EQ them all as one sub. The sub outs set the delay, SPL, etc. but does not EQ separately. So try to pair the two that have equal distance, equal spl. Ideally you would try to pair the 2 NSD equal distance and share them on one sub out. But pairing a NSD with something else won't be a problem if they are equal distance. Just level/gain match each sub before running audyssey. You can level match using audyssey level matching in the beginning of setup by turning off one sub on the shared out set level then turn it off and turn the other on set level. Once level matched then turn both on and continue to level match the 2nd sub out with Audyssey setup. Note that you will get some extra sply on the pairs, but Audyssey will fix this.

If you can not get two of the subs to be equal distance (+/- a foot from MLP) then you could pick up a MiniDSP to have more control over gain, and delay. In this setup, You would set each subs distance independently then Audyssey will think they are all the same distance, you could actually just use 1 sub out to run all subs in this scenario. But with the X4000 this is only needed if using more than 2 subs and are not able to pair subs equal distance.

If you have 1 NSD now and a RW12D (as suggested in your signature) you are sorta running with one true sub and one Mid Bass now. The RW12D extends lower then the typical midbass so it isn't tuned in the chest punch region, but it EQ's the same and is an exceptional sub in the 50-80Hz region. You just loose a little of that punch (tactile) if you are operating nearfield. If not nearfield, then you should be fine using it. Adding a Second NSD is just going to bring the headroom up on all of it, and balance out the room more. More subs are always better

Denon X6200W - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Klipsch RB-61 II Back surround -OSD ACE850 ceiling x 4 Atmos - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - 4 Dayton Audio BST-1 Bass Shakers with SA230 Amp - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen
Soupy1970 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #55352 of 58521 Old 03-23-2018, 01:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,014
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Ok I have a problem with the RB-20 soundbar folks. I've always had this problem, but now I really want to use the TV it's hooked up to a lot. I have it connected to an LG EG9600 (do not think this matters) via opitical and have TV set to audio out via optical. Problem is the soundbar seems to always be in "standby mode" Because there is this second long delay where I don't hear the first second of the sound until some noise starts. I noticed that with xbox 360 games. Now that I have an SNES classic attached to the TV, the soundbar is just completely cutting out for several seconds at a time.

It seems to be operating in some sort of "only operate when sound passes through" mode, which is causing the delay. I simply just want sound to come through period. Is this how this particular sound bar operates or do I have a defective unit? (I will be contacting Klipsch about this for sure).

Upstairs - Sony 75x940e: soundbar - Klipsch R-20B
Basement - BenQ HT3050: screen - Elite 125" motorized ATS: speakers - RF-7IIx2, RC-64II, RS-41IIx2, RS-42IIx2, AVR Denon x4000 -- subs PC-12NSD + RW12D
Bedroom - LG 65eg9600: soundbar - LG SH3K
Teremei is offline  
post #55353 of 58521 Old 03-23-2018, 06:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Scars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
Ok I have a problem with the RB-20 soundbar folks. I've always had this problem, but now I really want to use the TV it's hooked up to a lot. I have it connected to an LG EG9600 (do not think this matters) via opitical and have TV set to audio out via optical. Problem is the soundbar seems to always be in "standby mode" Because there is this second long delay where I don't hear the first second of the sound until some noise starts. I noticed that with xbox 360 games. Now that I have an SNES classic attached to the TV, the soundbar is just completely cutting out for several seconds at a time.

It seems to be operating in some sort of "only operate when sound passes through" mode, which is causing the delay. I simply just want sound to come through period. Is this how this particular sound bar operates or do I have a defective unit? (I will be contacting Klipsch about this for sure).
With regards to the standby mode issue:
This might sound condescending, so I'm sorry if it comes across that way. Have you tried turning the soundbar off when it's not in use and turning it on when you're using it? It looks like the remote it came with can be programmed to control the TV, or perhaps you have a cheap Harmony remote you could try?

With regards to cutting in and out:
Can you set your TV to send PCM out? Perhaps the soundbar is struggle to decode?
Louis Bartay likes this.

My Room 7.3:
LG OLED65B7A; Sony UBP-X700; Sony Playstation 4 Pro; Apple TV 4K; SONOS Connect
Denon AVR-X3400H; Klipsch RP-280F (L/R), RP-450C (C), RP-250S (SL/SR), RP-240D (RL/RR); PSA V1510 (x3 SW)
Scars is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #55354 of 58521 Old 03-23-2018, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,014
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 408
My TV is set to PCM. I called Klipsch and they said it shouldn't do that. So I am going through a return process with them.

Upstairs - Sony 75x940e: soundbar - Klipsch R-20B
Basement - BenQ HT3050: screen - Elite 125" motorized ATS: speakers - RF-7IIx2, RC-64II, RS-41IIx2, RS-42IIx2, AVR Denon x4000 -- subs PC-12NSD + RW12D
Bedroom - LG 65eg9600: soundbar - LG SH3K
Teremei is offline  
post #55355 of 58521 Old 03-24-2018, 06:10 AM
Senior Member
 
JBrax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: KCMO
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogoroh View Post
I have someone local selling the following:
Klipsch RF-7II's & RS-62's for $1800.

I was originally planning RP250S.
What are the big differences between RS-62's and the 250's?

Worth the combo package since the seller wants to sell them as a bundle.
I would jump on that deal. Then find yourself the rc-64 II and you’re set.
Louis Bartay likes this.
JBrax is offline  
post #55356 of 58521 Old 03-26-2018, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
JohnnytheSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hartford
Posts: 673
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Realized I never submitted my new setup (Klipsch Reference, Denon 930H, Sony 940E). Narrow room , have an open overlook to the left of the front, and a large window to the right. No cord management as we're likely moving in six months.

Love the sound, Audyssey got things tuned in, I'm open to suggestions, and while I'd love the grills off I have to defer to my wife. Don't get near reference (peak is about -18dB when we watch a movie as a family).

Glad I upgraded from my old Onkyo THX HTIB from 12 or so years ago.

Any comments I'm all ears. Great forum!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
JohnnytheSkin is offline  
post #55357 of 58521 Old 03-26-2018, 09:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 4,024
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1994 Post(s)
Liked: 2715
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin View Post
Realized I never submitted my new setup (Klipsch Reference, Denon 930H, Sony 940E). Narrow room , have an open overlook to the left of the front, and a large window to the right. No cord management as we're likely moving in six months.

Love the sound, Audyssey got things tuned in, I'm open to suggestions, and while I'd love the grills off I have to defer to my wife. Don't get near reference (peak is about -18dB when we watch a movie as a family).

Glad I upgraded from my old Onkyo THX HTIB from 12 or so years ago.

Any comments I'm all ears. Great foru
Welcome to the Klipsch family and for reaching a milestone from the HTIB! If you continue to visit these threads and are like many of us, this is only the beginning of many milestones on this "work in progress" journey! Since you'll be moving in six months, I'll reserve any suggestions for your new home/environment. Again, congrats and enjoy!

BTW: You didn't mentioned what subs you have.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203

Last edited by gene4ht; 03-26-2018 at 09:45 AM.
gene4ht is offline  
post #55358 of 58521 Old 03-26-2018, 11:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
JohnnytheSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hartford
Posts: 673
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Welcome to the Klipsch family and for reaching a milestone from the HTIB! If you continue to visit these threads and are like many of us, this is only the beginning of many milestones on this "work in progress" journey! Since you'll be moving in six months, I'll reserve any suggestions for your new home/environment. Again, congrats and enjoy!

BTW: You didn't mentioned what subs you have.
The subs are R-12s. Mains are R-28s, center is a R-25, and surrounds are R-14s.

I'm up for minor tweaks, but I can't do wholesale shifts. Let me know if there's anything else that may be needed info-wise. Realized after setting things up that our TV stand isn't perfectly centered on the wall BUT it's perfectly centered with the main listening position (center of couch). Figured it was an acceptable trade-off.

I've been around AVS as a lurker for years but since I didn't have new toys I stayed away. Now I'm back and tweaking and it's stressful!
JohnnytheSkin is offline  
post #55359 of 58521 Old 03-26-2018, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 4,024
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1994 Post(s)
Liked: 2715
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin View Post
The subs are R-12s. Mains are R-28s, center is a R-25, and surrounds are R-14s.

I'm up for minor tweaks, but I can't do wholesale shifts. Let me know if there's anything else that may be needed info-wise. Realized after setting things up that our TV stand isn't perfectly centered on the wall BUT it's perfectly centered with the main listening position (center of couch). Figured it was an acceptable trade-off.

I've been around AVS as a lurker for years but since I didn't have new toys I stayed away. Now I'm back and tweaking and it's stressful!
It need not be stressful! The one thing I would recommend for both novice and experienced enthusiast alike is a read of the "guide" linked below. It was posted by an AVS member who invested significant time to distill very informative and valuable information in an easy to read and understand fashion regarding system setup relative to Audyssey and bass/subwoofer management. It will be time well spent and covers many of the questions so often and repeatedly asked in these threads.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...eferences.html
Louis Bartay and ceptorman like this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is offline  
post #55360 of 58521 Old 03-27-2018, 03:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,014
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
I own the X4000 in another room, it's a nice AVR. It won't matter witch sub outs you use as Audyssey will EQ them all as one sub. The sub outs set the delay, SPL, etc. but does not EQ separately. So try to pair the two that have equal distance, equal spl. Ideally you would try to pair the 2 NSD equal distance and share them on one sub out. But pairing a NSD with something else won't be a problem if they are equal distance. Just level/gain match each sub before running audyssey. You can level match using audyssey level matching in the beginning of setup by turning off one sub on the shared out set level then turn it off and turn the other on set level. Once level matched then turn both on and continue to level match the 2nd sub out with Audyssey setup. Note that you will get some extra sply on the pairs, but Audyssey will fix this.

If you can not get two of the subs to be equal distance (+/- a foot from MLP) then you could pick up a MiniDSP to have more control over gain, and delay. In this setup, You would set each subs distance independently then Audyssey will think they are all the same distance, you could actually just use 1 sub out to run all subs in this scenario. But with the X4000 this is only needed if using more than 2 subs and are not able to pair subs equal distance.

If you have 1 NSD now and a RW12D (as suggested in your signature) you are sorta running with one true sub and one Mid Bass now. The RW12D extends lower then the typical midbass so it isn't tuned in the chest punch region, but it EQ's the same and is an exceptional sub in the 50-80Hz region. You just loose a little of that punch (tactile) if you are operating nearfield. If not nearfield, then you should be fine using it. Adding a Second NSD is just going to bring the headroom up on all of it, and balance out the room more. More subs are always better
I think, from reading what you said. That I'd like to stick to 2 subs, but instead upgrade to bigger better subs. Seeing as how I have an RW12d, is the new 15" Klipsch, the R-115SW considered a mid bass sub? I think what I'd like to to is upgrade to a PC-12+ and R-115SW from a PC12-NSD and RW12d. I feel like the RW12d is the weak link in my subs, as it's not totally "smooth". It's not a sputterer or anything like that, just slightly boomy at times. I think the R-115SW would be a great upgrade. I'm just curious if it also handles that mid bass region like the RW12d does?

The thing about getting a MBM is that I don't know how to hook it up. The denon is going to try to blend 2 different subs together. So I think the 1 large SVS cylinder and 1 large Klipsch sub is the best combo for me. Seeing as how I live by Multeq XT32 religiously. a MBM would be better for someone who tunes manually.

Upstairs - Sony 75x940e: soundbar - Klipsch R-20B
Basement - BenQ HT3050: screen - Elite 125" motorized ATS: speakers - RF-7IIx2, RC-64II, RS-41IIx2, RS-42IIx2, AVR Denon x4000 -- subs PC-12NSD + RW12D
Bedroom - LG 65eg9600: soundbar - LG SH3K

Last edited by Teremei; 03-27-2018 at 03:48 AM.
Teremei is offline  
post #55361 of 58521 Old 03-28-2018, 04:39 AM
Advanced Member
 
Soupy1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis Metro (IL.)
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
I think, from reading what you said. That I'd like to stick to 2 subs, but instead upgrade to bigger better subs. Seeing as how I have an RW12d, is the new 15" Klipsch, the R-115SW considered a mid bass sub? I think what I'd like to to is upgrade to a PC-12+ and R-115SW from a PC12-NSD and RW12d. I feel like the RW12d is the weak link in my subs, as it's not totally "smooth". It's not a sputterer or anything like that, just slightly boomy at times. I think the R-115SW would be a great upgrade. I'm just curious if it also handles that mid bass region like the RW12d does?

The thing about getting a MBM is that I don't know how to hook it up. The denon is going to try to blend 2 different subs together. So I think the 1 large SVS cylinder and 1 large Klipsch sub is the best combo for me. Seeing as how I live by Multeq XT32 religiously. a MBM would be better for someone who tunes manually.
The R-115SW is a true sub capable of sub 20Hz. If you are going to go true subs for both, then stick with identical subs for both.

The whole ideal behind using a true sub, and a MBM is that most can't find sub locations that put out good low end, and mid bass response in one location. So the ideal is to put the true sub in the location with best low end Output, and the Mid bass in the location with best Mid Bass output. Each sub is tuned for their respective locations this way. Think of a true sub located in a spot that is smooth down to 40Hz but then the room sucks the low end out. Your true sub is not a true sub in this location, nor is it playing best around it's optimal tune. Audyssey doesn't know this sub is identical to the other true sub that is located in a spot that has good low end output. If you do find two spots that play identical, then you aren't smoothing the response, you are adding headroom.

Audyssey is going to EQ your subs as one no matter what you do. it doesn't see one as weaker it just sees the response of the subs combined. There is only one LFE channel regardless of how many sub outs are on the back of AVR. Audyssey will time align, set level, etc. But both outputs are EQ'ed as one regardless.
drh3b likes this.

Denon X6200W - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Klipsch RB-61 II Back surround -OSD ACE850 ceiling x 4 Atmos - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - 4 Dayton Audio BST-1 Bass Shakers with SA230 Amp - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen
Soupy1970 is offline  
post #55362 of 58521 Old 03-28-2018, 06:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hello
I recently brought some speakers: RP-250f, RP-240s and a RP44c
I have it paid to a Onkyo TX-NR717.
I was looking at their specs and it looks like the RP-250F can handle continuous power of 100W, 440c will handle 125W and the 240S will handle 75W

The room where i have put these are 18X12X11 open on one side. So its fairly big.
I usually lhisten to moves at reference level.
About 2 or 3 times a month we party and listen to music and it get get very loud... so loud that the onkyo is at its max (well over reference) (95-99 on the absolute scale)

Here are the specs of the amp
All Channels 125 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.7%, 2 channels driven)
Front L/R 110 W (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.08%, 2 channels driven, FTC)
125 W + 125 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.7%, 2 channels driven, FTC)
Center 110 W (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.08%, 2 channels driven, FTC)
125 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.7%, 2 channels driven, FTC)
Surround L/R 110 W (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.08%, 2 channels driven, FTC)
125 W + 125 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.7%, 2 channels driven, FTC)
Surround Back L/R 110 W (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.08%, 2 channels driven, FTC)
125 W + 125 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.7%, 2 channels driven, FTC)


Do i risk damaging the speaker by craking it up so such loud level?
Chetanh is offline  
post #55363 of 58521 Old 03-28-2018, 07:44 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Sometime in the next 30 days or so I'll be purchasing my tower speakers for my 2.2 setup. Any idea where and when good deals show up for klipsch rf 7ii?
Kurt Maatman is offline  
post #55364 of 58521 Old 03-28-2018, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
bargugl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 649
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Adorama tends to have major sales on RF-7 II from time to time. Here't the results of some of the more recent ones to give you an idea on frequency:
https://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php...ii&firstonly=1

If you contact dealers directly, they generally give you a better price than what they can advertise. IQ home is an authorized dealer that sells through Amazon and if you watch the Amazon listing, you will see major discounts pop up as "open box". Acoustic Sound Design has also run special promotions on it.

Finally, check the Adorama used listings:
https://www.adorama.com/l/?searchinf...ion_used-items

Best way to check for sales that pop up is just do a daily search on slickdeals.
bargugl is offline  
post #55365 of 58521 Old 03-28-2018, 08:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 4,024
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1994 Post(s)
Liked: 2715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Maatman View Post
Sometime in the next 30 days or so I'll be purchasing my tower speakers for my 2.2 setup. Any idea where and when good deals show up for klipsch rf 7ii?
Call Sound Distributors and/or Acoustic Sound Design...both are authorized Klipsch dealers but you must call for best deals.
Johngm45 likes this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is offline  
post #55366 of 58521 Old 03-28-2018, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member
 
bargugl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 649
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Sound distributors listing on ebay for RF-7 II
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Spe...AAAMXQOQdRHEvm

Don't know much about this seller but claim to be authorized.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-RF-...oAAOxyGqZSaTzx

I'll add that for Klipsch speakers "open box" is frequently a ploy that some sellers use to get around MAP price. Adorama is one of the biggest at this. Look at sound distributors listing on ebay - you think a customer ordered 18 pairs of RF-7 ii and returned them all?

It's more like - "look this package box has a scuff on it, I can sell it for less now!" or some claim Adorama has an employee go in and open a bunch of boxes and reseal them. That's why they suddenly have hundreds of pairs of speakers that they then run a sale on. You do need to be cautious with this and check for full warranty and authorized seller, but usually you are good to go.

Last edited by bargugl; 03-28-2018 at 08:17 AM.
bargugl is offline  
post #55367 of 58521 Old 03-28-2018, 08:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ereed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,506
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2347 Post(s)
Liked: 1647
Those of you living close to Virginia/Washington DC looking to upgrade to RF7s, great price for 7 speaker setup!

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...i-rs-41ii.html

Theater room: Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Outlaw Audio 976 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panny 60 inch | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Axiom Audio M60/VP150/QS8
ereed is offline  
post #55368 of 58521 Old 03-28-2018, 12:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bargugl View Post
Sound distributors listing on ebay for RF-7 II
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Spe...AAAMXQOQdRHEvm

Don't know much about this seller but claim to be authorized.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-RF-...oAAOxyGqZSaTzx

I'll add that for Klipsch speakers "open box" is frequently a ploy that some sellers use to get around MAP price. Adorama is one of the biggest at this. Look at sound distributors listing on ebay - you think a customer ordered 18 pairs of RF-7 ii and returned them all?

It's more like - "look this package box has a scuff on it, I can sell it for less now!" or some claim Adorama has an employee go in and open a bunch of boxes and reseal them. That's why they suddenly have hundreds of pairs of speakers that they then run a sale on. You do need to be cautious with this and check for full warranty and authorized seller, but usually you are good to go.
https://www.adorama.com/us%20%20%20%20979476.html so this is an actual thing and not a scam? Would they be used or just open box.
Kurt Maatman is offline  
post #55369 of 58521 Old 03-28-2018, 12:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Maatman View Post
https://www.adorama.com/us%20%20%20%20979476.html so this is an actual thing and not a scam? Would they be used or just open box.
Oops I see now it says used
Kurt Maatman is offline  
post #55370 of 58521 Old 03-28-2018, 12:50 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Also how does everyone here feel about rf7 ii and a Yamaha aventage 1070. From what I've read the speakers can be a bit bright and I've also heard that Yamaha has toned down their brightness on the new models.... Anyone know for sure? Thanks!

Last edited by Kurt Maatman; 03-28-2018 at 01:45 PM.
Kurt Maatman is offline  
post #55371 of 58521 Old 03-28-2018, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
LCSeminole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Florida Panhandle
Posts: 748
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Call Sound Distributors and/or Acoustic Sound Design...both are authorized Klipsch dealers but you must call for best deals.
I've done as you've suggested in the past and was told the price that I see on eBay is what the RF-7II pair or RF-7II/RC-64 combo is selling for and no room for dealing.

Emotiva RMC-1/XPR-5/XPA-7Gen3, AppleTV 4K
LG OLED65C8, Oppo UDP-203, Panasonic DP-UB820
Furman PL-PRO DMC 20A, Monster Power HTS-5000
SVS Dual PB12-Plus x 2
Klipsch KLF-20, KLF-C7, RB-5II x 4SVS Prime Elevation x 4
LCSeminole is offline  
post #55372 of 58521 Old 03-28-2018, 03:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,014
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCSeminole View Post
I've done as you've suggested in the past and was told the price that I see on eBay is what the RF-7II pair or RF-7II/RC-64 combo is selling for and no room for dealing.
That's the Price I paid for RF7II and RC64II and I would do it again, a hundred times.

Upstairs - Sony 75x940e: soundbar - Klipsch R-20B
Basement - BenQ HT3050: screen - Elite 125" motorized ATS: speakers - RF-7IIx2, RC-64II, RS-41IIx2, RS-42IIx2, AVR Denon x4000 -- subs PC-12NSD + RW12D
Bedroom - LG 65eg9600: soundbar - LG SH3K
Teremei is offline  
post #55373 of 58521 Old 03-28-2018, 03:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
Scrappydue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 641
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 221
boy if any of you guys are on facebook, you should look up the "klipsch owners" group. cory that owns it, is a klipsch dealer, and he offers EXTREMELY competitive pricing.
LCSeminole and Louis Bartay like this.
Scrappydue is offline  
post #55374 of 58521 Old 03-28-2018, 04:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
LCSeminole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Florida Panhandle
Posts: 748
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappydue View Post
boy if any of you guys are on facebook, you should look up the "klipsch owners" group. cory that owns it, is a klipsch dealer, and he offers EXTREMELY competitive pricing.
Thanks for the tip, I just asked to join and waiting on the group admin to approve it.
Louis Bartay likes this.

Emotiva RMC-1/XPR-5/XPA-7Gen3, AppleTV 4K
LG OLED65C8, Oppo UDP-203, Panasonic DP-UB820
Furman PL-PRO DMC 20A, Monster Power HTS-5000
SVS Dual PB12-Plus x 2
Klipsch KLF-20, KLF-C7, RB-5II x 4SVS Prime Elevation x 4
LCSeminole is offline  
post #55375 of 58521 Old 03-28-2018, 04:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
Scrappydue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 641
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCSeminole View Post
Thanks for the tip, I just asked to join and waiting on the group admin to approve it.
I just approved you
LCSeminole and Louis Bartay like this.
Scrappydue is offline  
post #55376 of 58521 Old 03-28-2018, 05:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
LCSeminole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Florida Panhandle
Posts: 748
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappydue View Post
I just approved you
Thanks and just posted my introduction post.
Louis Bartay likes this.

Emotiva RMC-1/XPR-5/XPA-7Gen3, AppleTV 4K
LG OLED65C8, Oppo UDP-203, Panasonic DP-UB820
Furman PL-PRO DMC 20A, Monster Power HTS-5000
SVS Dual PB12-Plus x 2
Klipsch KLF-20, KLF-C7, RB-5II x 4SVS Prime Elevation x 4
LCSeminole is offline  
post #55377 of 58521 Old 03-28-2018, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
Soupy1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis Metro (IL.)
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 349
You have to call for real price on Klipsch. They can't advertise below MSRP. So many people don't haggle and end up paying MSRP. I had a friend almost do this just this week on some in ceiling Klipsch. He was ready to order and pay $399 per speaker. I said no, no, no.. call and ask for best price. He got them for $225 each. Considering he bought 6, he just saved a considerable amount of money.

Denon X6200W - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Klipsch RB-61 II Back surround -OSD ACE850 ceiling x 4 Atmos - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - 4 Dayton Audio BST-1 Bass Shakers with SA230 Amp - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen
Soupy1970 is offline  
post #55378 of 58521 Old 03-28-2018, 08:33 PM
Member
 
cyberlocc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
You have to call for real price on Klipsch. They can't advertise below MSRP. So many people don't haggle and end up paying MSRP. I had a friend almost do this just this week on some in ceiling Klipsch. He was ready to order and pay $399 per speaker. I said no, no, no.. call and ask for best price. He got them for $225 each. Considering he bought 6, he just saved a considerable amount of money.
Dang that much of a discount!

Who is that through? Pm me if need be please.

Also any warranty issues with that? I know Sony is very strict about that sort of stuff. If you don't have a receipt showing you paid MSRP to the dollar they will deny you (or they have, at least on PJs).
cyberlocc is offline  
post #55379 of 58521 Old 03-28-2018, 08:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ereed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,506
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2347 Post(s)
Liked: 1647
Has anyone tried the pro160 or pro180 in ceiling speakers yet for atmos? I'm assuming these are the same series for the RP series and the new RF3 series.

Theater room: Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Outlaw Audio 976 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panny 60 inch | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Axiom Audio M60/VP150/QS8
ereed is offline  
post #55380 of 58521 Old 03-28-2018, 09:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
Soupy1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis Metro (IL.)
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberlocc View Post
Dang that much of a discount!

Who is that through? Pm me if need be please.

Also any warranty issues with that? I know Sony is very strict about that sort of stuff. If you don't have a receipt showing you paid MSRP to the dollar they will deny you (or they have, at least on PJs).
Sound Distributors. They are an authorized dealer. Most all of them will give the same phone prices though. Here is the dealer list online. http://www.klipsch.com/authorized-online-dealers

EDIT: It's not just Klipsch, Denon and others are the same way. Call for best prices.

Denon X6200W - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Klipsch RB-61 II Back surround -OSD ACE850 ceiling x 4 Atmos - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - 4 Dayton Audio BST-1 Bass Shakers with SA230 Amp - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen

Last edited by Soupy1970; 03-28-2018 at 09:41 PM.
Soupy1970 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off