Klipsch owner thread - Page 1915 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23537Likes

post #57421 of 58412 Old 02-10-2019, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1984 Post(s)
Liked: 2684
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindernat View Post
Yeah we aren't really space limited although we do plan on having a single, long couch so having in walls could buy us some extra space in terms of distance from the listeners on each end of couch.

I think backer boxes will be needed as you mention if we do go that path.

I'll let you know how I go, thanks!
If you decide to go "in walls," there are a number of Klipsch solutions...but this one seems functionally appealing for consideration...don't let the MSRP discourage you...street pricing is significantly less from most authorized internet dealers...especially if bundled in with your entire Klipsch package.

https://www.klipsch.com/products/ref...el=r-5650-s-ii
Louis Bartay likes this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203

Last edited by gene4ht; 02-10-2019 at 07:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #57422 of 58412 Old 02-10-2019, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmyforte View Post
It's true, Klipsch surrounds stand out from the norm in their design. As previously stated, they do not have a null point. They do best at 90 degree position or slightly offset if used between two rows of seats.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
What is the best positioning with only one row of seating?
post #57423 of 58412 Old 02-10-2019, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 45
After much debate and budget considerations, I just ordered a pair of RP160m for my L/R speakers. I got a RP450c a few months ago and have been debating between floor standing and bookshelves. I currently have an SVS PB10 and am upgrading to a PB2000 in a few months. With that in mind and a few other factors, I couldn't justify the extra $$ for floor standing. Plus I got a really good deal on the 160s which helped seal the deal.

I'm anxious to hear how these sound especially mated with the 450c, which is an awesome center BTW.

Will report back in a few days.
gene4ht likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #57424 of 58412 Old 02-10-2019, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by springs113 View Post
90 degrees to MLP

gene4ht and Louis Bartay like this.
post #57425 of 58412 Old 02-10-2019, 08:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springs113 View Post
As with all things in video and audio, subjectivity and personal preferences come into play. The general consensus/recommendation is 90 degrees from the MLP for single row seating and in between rows for multiple rows of seating. In any case, the key is experimentation...place the speaker on a ladder and move it back and forth, playing familiar material, until it's to your liking.
Louis Bartay likes this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
post #57426 of 58412 Old 02-10-2019, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
90 degrees to MLP

Wouldn't this cause an issue with 'line-of-sight' for the center seat assuming there is at least one person on either side between them and the speaker?

I know many people place the speakers slightly behind the listening position to mitigate this.
post #57427 of 58412 Old 02-10-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoosh830 View Post
Wouldn't this cause an issue with 'line-of-sight' for the center seat assuming there is at least one person on either side between them and the speaker?

I know many people place the speakers slightly behind the listening position to mitigate this.
Sure but unless their head is 2' x 2' I wouldn't be too worried about it.

post #57428 of 58412 Old 02-10-2019, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
90 degrees to MLP
Quote:

Quote:
90 degrees is a recommended guideline and guidelines are a good starting point. It's generally accepted by experienced users and experts alike that guideline variations are fine and almost necessary in many cases as long as there are no extreme departures. You will also find that these same experienced users state that "it's hard to get Atmos wrong" as some have speakers mounted at 90 degrees, some slightly behind, in front of, and/or above the MLP. As is repeated in the dedicated Atmos thread, the key is experimentation, experimentation, experimentation...feel free to try moving the surrounds about the recommended position until it sounds right to/for you. Overall, I'm in agreement with itsmyforte...although theoretically line of sight is nice...in actual practice, you'll find that it just ain't that critical.
Swoosh830 likes this.

post #57429 of 58412 Old 02-10-2019, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
90 degrees is a recommended guideline and guidelines are a good starting point. It's generally accepted by experienced users and experts alike that guideline variations are fine and almost necessary in many cases as long as there are no extreme departures. You will also find that these same experienced users state that "it's hard to get Atmos wrong" as some have speakers mounted at 90 degrees, some slightly behind, in front of, and/or above the MLP. As is repeated in the dedicated Atmos thread, the key is experimentation, experimentation, experimentation...feel free to try moving the surrounds about the recommended position until it sounds right to/for you. Overall, I'm in agreement with itsmyforte...although theoretically line of sight is nice...in actual practice, you'll find that it just ain't that critical.
I appreciate the advice. While on the topic of line-of-sight, are there any recommendations when it comes to speakers behind seating? I know it's best to have as much separation as possible between the bed and atmos speakers. However, as you can see in the picture below, my rear atmos speakers are lower than I'd like because of a soffit (8 ft. ceiling and 13" soffit). My current sofa is 40" high, and I plan on replacing it with theater seats that are just under 44" high as listed by the specs. If I were to keep the rear surrounds at the same height as the side surrounds (base of 36" as pictured), much of the speaker would be "blocked" by the back of the seats. There is ~3.5 ft. of space between the back wall and the back of the sofa, so perhaps it wouldn't seem so bad given that distance.

The top of the green tape represents the top of the speakers if I were to mount the rear surrounds such that the base of the speaker begins at 44", ensuring there would be no obstruction from the new seats. I could mount the speakers 2" lower than that so the bottom of the woofer would be at 44", 4" lower for the center of the woofer to be at 44", and so on. I'm afraid the highest position at the green tape would be too close to the atmos speakers, but I also don't want them too low behind the seats.

Given the space behind the seatings, does anyone have any suggestions regarding the height of the rear surrounds? Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0939.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	2523662  
post #57430 of 58412 Old 02-10-2019, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I appreciate the advice. While on the topic of line-of-sight, are there any recommendations when it comes to speakers behind seating? I know it's best to have as much separation as possible between the bed and atmos speakers. However, as you can see in the picture below, my rear atmos speakers are lower than I'd like because of a soffit (8 ft. ceiling and 13" soffit). My current sofa is 40" high, and I plan on replacing it with theater seats that are just under 44" high as listed by the specs. If I were to keep the rear surrounds at the same height as the side surrounds (base of 36" as pictured), much of the speaker would be "blocked" by the back of the seats. There is ~3.5 ft. of space between the back wall and the back of the sofa, so perhaps it wouldn't seem so bad given that distance.

The top of the green tape represents the top of the speakers if I were to mount the rear surrounds such that the base of the speaker begins at 44", ensuring there would be no obstruction from the new seats. I could mount the speakers 2" lower than that so the bottom of the woofer would be at 44", 4" lower for the center of the woofer to be at 44", and so on. I'm afraid the highest position at the green tape would be too close to the atmos speakers, but I also don't want them too low behind the seats.

Given the space behind the seatings, does anyone have any suggestions regarding the height of the rear surrounds? Thanks in advance.
My recommendation is to wait until your theater seats are in place. Let the "theory" (ignore a few inches) go and work with your actual conditions by "experimenting" by varying the height of the rear surrounds until they're pleasing and sound right to you. Try using the Dolby Atmos demo trailers like Amaze and Leaf which can be downloaded from Dolby's website...good for this purpose. Keep in mind also that most Atmos films direct little activity to the rears relative to the other surround speakers.
Swoosh830 likes this.

post #57431 of 58412 Old 02-10-2019, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I have a dedicated media room (16x14) and was looking at Klipsch speakers. I am set on sub and receiver for now, but was looking for LCR speakers and surrounds. Media room usage will include movies, sports, and video games.

What line of Klipsch speakers would work for my setup? Budget is around $1000 to perhaps $1500. Recommendations/suggestions welcomed!

Thanks

Last edited by tab10; 02-10-2019 at 02:24 PM.
post #57432 of 58412 Old 02-10-2019, 02:22 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by tab10 View Post
I have a dedicated media room (16x14) and was looking at Klipsch speakers. I am set on sub and receiver for now, but was looking for LCR speakers and surrounds. Media room usage will include movies, sports, and video games.

What line of Klipsch speakers would work for my setup? Recommendations/suggestions welcomed!

Thanks
Without knowing your budget, you could get recommendations that range from La Scala’s LCRs to the Best Buy budget line...

My Room 7.3:
LG OLED65B7A; Sony UBP-X700; Sony Playstation 4 Pro; Apple TV 4K; SONOS Connect
Denon AVR-X3400H; Klipsch RP-280F (L/R), RP-450C (C), RP-250S (SL/SR), RP-240D (RL/RR); PSA V1510 (x3 SW)
post #57433 of 58412 Old 02-10-2019, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scars View Post
Without knowing your budget, you could get recommendations that range from La Scala’s LCRs to the Best Buy budget line...
Updated post with budget. Thanks
post #57434 of 58412 Old 02-10-2019, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by tab10 View Post

What line of Klipsch speakers would work for my setup? Budget is around $1000 to perhaps $1500. Recommendations/suggestions welcomed!

Thanks
IMO, get a quote for the Reference Premiere line from an authorized dealer. Not Amazon. Not Crutchfield. Not Best Buy. Pick up the phone, call the authroized dealer. Probably the RP-504 and the RP-8000 for LCR.

On that note, I think you should consider the benefits of going with the *best* LCR you can afford right now with your budget. Get the surrounds next year or many months from now after you’ve saved up some more. My concern for you here is that you’ll make some compromises on your LCR choice that will lead to you spending more money upgrading later on. Surrounds shouldn’t be trash... but you definitely shouldn’t budget nearly as much for them.

My Room 7.3:
LG OLED65B7A; Sony UBP-X700; Sony Playstation 4 Pro; Apple TV 4K; SONOS Connect
Denon AVR-X3400H; Klipsch RP-280F (L/R), RP-450C (C), RP-250S (SL/SR), RP-240D (RL/RR); PSA V1510 (x3 SW)
post #57435 of 58412 Old 02-10-2019, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Agreed, the term WDST is a bit ambiguous and somewhat confusing. In fact, I must amend my response. Per @itsmyforte of Klipsch, the WDST surrounds are neither bipoles or dipoles but rather wide dispersion monopoles...so no nulls, look great, and from my experience...works great.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-sp...l#post57195374
Thanks for the clarification. In that case they sound perfect for my needs, yes they will be on the wall aligned against my single row of seating. I was thinking of putting them slightly higher though so all listeners have line of sight. Might experiment with this as others have suggested before deciding on their final spot. We don't have the couch yet which makes it a bit difficult, haha.

I'll have to go back to the guy who thought they were dipoles with this info as I think this is going to be more cost effective than using in walls. Thanks for the in-wall suggestion also. I will keep it in mind just in case.
gene4ht likes this.

Last edited by cindernat; 02-10-2019 at 03:30 PM.
post #57436 of 58412 Old 02-11-2019, 08:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 151
I am on the hunt for some low-profile / small satellite speakers to use as my surrounds. Recently, a member in this thread suggested Klipsch's RP "Designer" line of speakers. Initially these looked perfect for me and of course I was very excited about that. However, after scouring the net for reviews etc. during my research, I came across test results for these speakers and I must say that they left me somewhat disappointed in Klipsch and its marketing. I know that no test is perfect but Sound and Vision measured the G-12 (which is basically the RP-140D) low frequency cutoff point (-3db) @ 129Hz while Klipsch claims that the figure is 69Hz!
https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...-labs-measures

I'm aware that all speaker manufacturers either inflate their numbers or perform tests in environments so far away from real life conditions that the figures become almost useless, but this disparity seems a bit much in my eyes...

The search continues...

Happily, at least the model suggested by the user here (forgive me, can't remember who it was off the top of my head), the RP-240D, performs fairly well for a speaker of it's size with a -3db level of ~97Hz (still, versus a claimed figure of 67Hz.. but at least this discrepancy is more in line with the norm).
https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...-system-page-3

Unfortunately for me, the RP-240D costs 50% more than the RP-140D and thus is outside the price range I am looking to be within.

Sony MASTER Series | harman/kardon AVR | Klipsch Reference Premiere | KEF UniQ | PlayStation | Mohu Leaf | Hue Play | MediaLight | logitech Harmony | CyberPower PFC UPS

Last edited by p3trol_h3ad; 02-11-2019 at 11:54 AM.
post #57437 of 58412 Old 02-11-2019, 08:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2034 Post(s)
Liked: 4064
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3trol_h3ad View Post
I am on the hunt for some low-profile / small satellite speakers to use as my surrounds. Recently, a member in this thread suggested Klipsch's RP "Designer" line of speakers. Initially these looked perfect for me and of course I was very excited about that. However, after scouring the net for reviews etc. during my research, I came across test results for these speakers and I must say that they left me somewhat disappointed in Klipsch and its marketing. I know that no test is perfect but Sound and Vision measured the G-12 (which is basically the RP-140D) low frequency cutoff point (-3db) @ 129Hz while Klipsch claims that the figure is 69Hz!
https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...-labs-measures

I'm aware that all speaker manufacturers either inflate their numbers or perform tests in environments so far away from real life conditions that the figures become almost useless, but this disparity seems a bit much in my eyes...

The search continues...

Happily, at least the model suggested by the user here (forgive me, can't remember who it was off the top of my head), the RP-240D, performs fairly well for a speaker of it's size with a -3db level of ~97Hz (still, versus a claimed figure of 67Hz.. but at least this discrepancy is more in line with the norm).
https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...-system-page-3
! wonder if the lower numbers that Klipsch give are due to boundary gain by being directly on wall? Not sure if that makes sense or not.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
post #57438 of 58412 Old 02-11-2019, 11:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
! wonder if the lower numbers that Klipsch give are due to boundary gain by being directly on wall? Not sure if that makes sense or not.
Hmm, perhaps. That said, the speakers do come with stands for table-top use, so I would say that they should publish figures for both on-wall and on-stand use, if that is in fact the case. Anyway, not trying to spread hate or anything, but just wanted to color the thread with some relevant info in the name of completeness.

Sony MASTER Series | harman/kardon AVR | Klipsch Reference Premiere | KEF UniQ | PlayStation | Mohu Leaf | Hue Play | MediaLight | logitech Harmony | CyberPower PFC UPS
post #57439 of 58412 Old 02-11-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3trol_h3ad View Post
Hmm, perhaps. That said, the speakers do come with stands for table-top use, so I would say that they should publish figures for both on-wall and on-stand use, if that is in fact the case. Anyway, not trying to spread hate or anything, but just wanted to color the thread with some relevant info in the name of completeness.
It's also possible it was a typo, it happens.

post #57440 of 58412 Old 02-11-2019, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I found a local deal that seems pretty good for a starter HT package. Wondering if this is a fair deal?
Consists of pair R 26F, pair R15m, pair of R 12sw and a R25c with an Onkyo Rec Tx NR656. When purchasing used. What is the best way to tell if the speakers are working properly. Unfortunately she already said they are packed in the original boxes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Not sure if I’m able to put a price on here or not. If I can let me know and I certainly will. I may go to Best Buy tonight to try these out hoping they have something similar. Mainly for watching movies. Thanks again. Can’t wait to get this journey started. Been on a bunch of forums reading and learning as well as YouTube.
post #57441 of 58412 Old 02-11-2019, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I was looking to get some speakers for Dolby Atmos.

As I have Klipsch for my fronts, center, surrounds, and SW, was looking at Klipsch for the Atmos. (I know I don't have to, but just figured I'd make them match)

Wasn't sure if I should do something like RP-140SA and mount them facing up on top of my fronts, or mount them facing down somewhere on the front wall.

Or if I should go for in-ceiling like CDT-5800-C or the Klipsch CDT-5650-C

Any thoughts?

Right now my surrounds are in line with a row of seats, and wasn't sure where I should put in-ceilings either (above my seats?)

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1565 2.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	2524428   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1564.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	2524430  
post #57442 of 58412 Old 02-11-2019, 04:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdcubsfan View Post
I was looking to get some speakers for Dolby Atmos.

As I have Klipsch for my fronts, center, surrounds, and SW, was looking at Klipsch for the Atmos. (I know I don't have to, but just figured I'd make them match)

Wasn't sure if I should do something like RP-140SA and mount them facing up on top of my fronts, or mount them facing down somewhere on the front wall.

Or if I should go for in-ceiling like CDT-5800-C or the Klipsch CDT-5650-C

Any thoughts?

Right now my surrounds are in line with a row of seats, and wasn't sure where I should put in-ceilings either (above my seats?)

Thanks!
The most effective in this order: (1) in ceiling (2) front & rear heights (3) Dolby Atmos Enabled Speakers (DAES)...upfiring, reflective, bouncy types.

Assuming 4 Atmos speakers, the guideline for "in-ceiling" locations are 45 degrees in front of (TF) and 45 degrees behind (TR) the MLP....an easy way to do this is measure vertically from your ears to ceiling and use this same distance fore and aft...see diagram below:

Name:	Atmos_Speaker_Placement.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	2524450

If using 2 Atmos speakers...located them directly over (TM) or slightly in front of the MLP.
mdcubsfan likes this.

Last edited by gene4ht; 02-11-2019 at 05:01 PM. Reason: typo
post #57443 of 58412 Old 02-11-2019, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
The most effective in this order: (1) in ceiling (2) front & rear heights (3) Dolby Atmos Enabled Speakers (DAES)...upfiring, reflective, bouncy types.

Assuming 4 Atmos speakers, the guideline for "in-ceiling" locations are 45 degrees in front of (TF) and 45 degrees behind (TR) the MLP....an easy way to do this is measure vertically from your ears to ceiling and use this same distance fore and aft...see diagram below:

Attachment 2524450

If using 2 Atmos speakers...located them directly over (TM) or slightly in front of the MLP.
Thanks! And are the Klipsch CDT-5800-C or 5650 pretty good if I'm running RF 82, RC 62, and RS 52? Or should I go for something cheaper or more expensive (my AV guy was recommending Episode)?
post #57444 of 58412 Old 02-12-2019, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Klipsch owner thread

I used (4) cdt-5800 ii, they do the job well, I don’t think you need to spend more than what those cost, as there isn’t a ton of info being sent to them.

Also if you listen to music in multi-channel stereo, no signal is sent to them, so you don’t need to worry about very strong signals being sent to them, IMO the 5800 are plenty good.

My other speakers: 280fa, 450ca, 160m, 250s and a pair of SVS pb-4000. The CDT worked fine imo.
post #57445 of 58412 Old 02-12-2019, 08:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdcubsfan View Post
Thanks! And are the Klipsch CDT-5800-C or 5650 pretty good if I'm running RF 82, RC 62, and RS 52? Or should I go for something cheaper or more expensive (my AV guy was recommending Episode)?
The "majority" of Atmos content is not demanding in terms of frequency response and power handling...primarily ambience sounds and effects...i.e. wind, rain, birds, insects, etc. Aircraft, explosions, gunfire,thunder, etc. are the domain of the sub. Generally speaking, wider dispersion monopole speakers are recommended. Although not a popular position, IMO, inexpensive speakers will provide good performance and spending more is only overkill. I originally purchased inexpensive speakers several years ago with the purpose of learning what the "real life" demands were for Atmos and then replace them with upscale speakers. To my surprise, the inexpensive speakers performed very well and to this date, there is no compelling reason to replace them. I also understand that enthusiasts proceed with old school thoughts of having to match their L,C,R's in terms of timbre or quality or cost or whatever. Sales and marketing folks will have you believe otherwise but in my experience and opinion, it just ain't necessary to spend extravagantly. I sometimes chuckle because I have a $4000 front stage with a $40 Atmos stage. Bottom line, if you feel a need to "match" your mains for any reason, I am in agreement with 084runnerltd, the 5800's are fine speakers, but you definitely/absolutely do not need to spend more. You may also want to see my recent posting...

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-sp...l#post57554698

Note: Installers and "AV guys" recommend speakers they can get at good margins. The episodes are no better or worse than most other brands.

Last edited by gene4ht; 02-12-2019 at 08:34 AM.
post #57446 of 58412 Old 02-12-2019, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I am going to use 4 R-620Fs as front and rears. R-10SWi sub, R-34C center and 2 Klipsch in ceiling Atmos speakers. 82" LG TV and Yamaha Aventage A880 receiver. I know it is all low end, but after finishing the basement funds were tight.
post #57447 of 58412 Old 02-12-2019, 10:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTMSPA View Post
I am going to use 4 R-620Fs as front and rears. R-10SWi sub, R-34C center and 2 Klipsch in ceiling Atmos speakers. 82" LG TV and Yamaha Aventage A880 receiver. I know it is all low end, but after finishing the basement funds were tight.
Congrats! We all started somewhere! Your system will sound great....and miles ahead of a soundbar! As you progress on this journey of ours, keep in mind the rule of thumb or conventional wisdom in this hobby: Allocated the greater portion of the funds toward the best speakers your budget allows. Speaker technology and performance does not change significantly over time and hold their value well Alternatively, electronics change rapidly and lose their value quickly. Welcome and enjoy your new system!
MTMSPA likes this.

post #57448 of 58412 Old 02-12-2019, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hey guys!

I'm about to upgrade my main 5 channels with two SVS Prime Bookshelfs (fronts), two Prime Satellites (rears) and a Prime Center, but I've been having second thoughts looking at Klipsch speakers. And since Klipsch lineup us more diverse I've got a bit lost in it.

What I would like to figure out is this - in the same price range as the SVSs I mentioned above (around $1200 for all five), is it possible to assemble a comparable or better Klipsch system? Based on your own experiences if you had a chance to listen to these SVS speakers and compare them to whatever Klipsches fit my budget. If it is then what are your recommendations?

My system: 7.2.4
Screen: LG OLED65B8 AVR: Denon X4400H, External amp: Emotiva A-500, Center: SVS Prime Center, Fronts: SVS Prime Bookshelfs, Surrounds: DefTech ProMonitor 800, Surround backs: DefTech ProMonitor 600, Subs: SVS SB-1000, SVS SB-3000, Heights: 4xCambridge Audio Minx 22, 4K Blu-Ray Player: Sony X700, Media player: Nvidia Shield
post #57449 of 58412 Old 02-12-2019, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Synergy S-20 Mounting

I have the Synergy S-20s as my side surrounds, and I am having trouble mounting them. The spot where they go is a narrow stretch of wall between a window and the fireplace, so I would rather have them extended from the wall slightly. I first bought the monoprice mounts (https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Pro...+speaker+mount), but they keyhole adapter seems to be junk. I can't tighten it in the mount at all, so the speaker would be barely dangling on the mount and could easily be knocked off.

Next, from a recommendation earlier in this thread I believe, I bought the Mount Its from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). But, they don't have a keyhole mount adapter... so I'll file those away to use on something else.

I see the flatter OmniMount 15s (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015ZORL98..._t5_B00CSA2Y18), but $26 seems like a lot of money for something I can do with a wood screw. If I understand everything I have learned here correctly, it would be better to sonically remove the speaker from the wall though, so I would prefer to have a mount instead of just hanging on a screw by itself.

What do you recommend for the S-20s? I can mount onto drywall or stud at this position.
post #57450 of 58412 Old 02-12-2019, 07:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetri Zuev View Post
Hey guys!

I'm about to upgrade my main 5 channels with two SVS Prime Bookshelfs (fronts), two Prime Satellites (rears) and a Prime Center, but I've been having second thoughts looking at Klipsch speakers. And since Klipsch lineup us more diverse I've got a bit lost in it.

What I would like to figure out is this - in the same price range as the SVSs I mentioned above (around $1200 for all five), is it possible to assemble a comparable or better Klipsch system? Based on your own experiences if you had a chance to listen to these SVS speakers and compare them to whatever Klipsches fit my budget. If it is then what are your recommendations?
Around here the SVS Prime bookshelves aren't recommended a whole lot because I believe there are other better options for the money. If you're serious about them I'd start a separate thread asking for recommendations. There will be many, lol. That said, if Klipsch catches your eye, I'd suggest looking into the Reference Premiere line. It's the one that would compete with the SVS Prime.. but yes, I'd say the Klipsch are better. Right now you may be able to find the outgoing RP line for a discount still.. but they're almost all gone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page