Klipsch owner thread - Page 1927 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23399Likes

post #57781 of 58071 Old 05-17-2019, 04:19 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladeback View Post
I agree I think your RP450c will sound better. Are you going with an AT screen and will it go behind the screen? If so I wouldn't mount the RP450c in the wall since it has a port at the back. I thought I remember Klipsch making an in wall like the RP450c for in wall installation, but I can't remember the model number.
I sold the 450c and went all in walls, the 450c was very good but just too big for my new house, am hoping I don’t lose too much by choosing the thx model, and it was also the same price as the 450c that I brought. So not losing money on anything. I am picking that this new centre will be more powerful due to the size of the magnets, also I am pumping 200w of pure power to them from a emotiva amp.

Yamaha Aventage 1060 receiver, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen3 power amp
Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player
Klipsch Reference Series PRO 180RPW, PRO-6504-L-THX centre, R-5800-W surrounds
Niles CM7 in-wall height speakers, SVS PB2000 subwoofer
[B]Sony 65inch smart TV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #57782 of 58071 Old 05-17-2019, 04:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 1328 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezinghot View Post
I sold the 450c and went all in walls, the 450c was very good but just too big for my new house, am hoping I don’t lose too much by choosing the thx model, and it was also the same price as the 450c that I brought. So not losing money on anything. I am picking that this new centre will be more powerful due to the size of the magnets, also I am pumping 200w of pure power to them from a emotiva amp.
It should have no problem handling 200 watts. I have a 20+ year old RC3 i used to use as a center channel and RS3 surrounds that i have feed 200 watts per speaker for almost 25 years worh no problems. Are you building backer boxes in the wall for the in wall speakers? That's what I was going to do if I use in walls.

Good luck with your build.

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
post #57783 of 58071 Old 05-17-2019, 05:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr38 View Post
I really appreciate your replies! @jorisdriesen , @Kini62 , @Gene 4th and @retro124 . My debate comes from several sources that suggest for my room size under 2000 cubic feet, shouldn't have anything too big because it will sound bad in the room. Also, thanks for the sub recommendation! I can afford the rp-8000f so if you guys think the room can take it, all I can do is try and I'm sure I wont be disappointed. Thanks so much again.
You definitely won't be disappointed![IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
Quote:
I really appreciate your replies! @jorisdriesen , @Kini62 , @Gene 4th and @retro124 . My debate comes from several sources that suggest for my room size under 2000 cubic feet, shouldn't have anything too big because it will sound bad in the room. Also, thanks for the sub recommendation! I can afford the rp-8000f so if you guys think the room can take it, all I can do is try and I'm sure I wont be disappointed. Thanks so much again.
There's really not much difference in output between the 6000 and 8000 until you reach high volumes where the 8000 will have more bass and mid-bass output. A lower volumes there won't be much difference. Low end extension is virtually the same. If you shove either up against the wall they'll sound equally bad.

My room is 13x14x9. I have my speakers on a 14' wall. The back of the speakers are around 12" from the wall. I sit about 9.5' away. I do have a pair of subs and I rarely listen any louder than -15 so I likely wouldn't notice any difference if I had RF82s instead.

It's your call, you'll be happy with either setup.
Thanks so much again for the advice. I will pull the trigger on the 8000. I can afford them now but if I can save some $$ even better, do you know if they usually have a sale on memorial day/weekend? Same on SVS subs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #57784 of 58071 Old 05-17-2019, 06:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1886 Post(s)
Liked: 3423
Quote:
Thanks so much again for the advice. I will pull the trigger on the 8000. I can afford them now but if I can save some $$ even better, do you know if they usually have a sale on memorial day/weekend? Same on SVS subs.
Actually, the RP8000f are on sale at authorized dealers like Crutchfield for $120 off each right now. Amazon has several authorized dealers selling them, as well. The Klipsch authorized sale price is $479 each.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G3D2S9R..._wdg_tit_nw_mr
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_714RP8...ch-Reference-P
Double check that the dealer you select is authorized, Klipsch may not honor the warranty otherwise.
https://www.klipsch.com/authorized-online-dealers
As far as SVS sales, not sure. SVS makes good subwoofers, but if you want more bang for your buck, you might want to consider HSU.
http://hsuresearch.com/subwoofers.html
kr38 likes this.

Spoiler!
post #57785 of 58071 Old 05-17-2019, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
As previously mentioned, if there are no specific issues with the performance of your current center channel...there is no doubt a PB2000 will yield the greater benefit. You’ll immediately notice improvements in performance relative to extension as well as smooth and articulate bass and wonder why you didn’t upgrade sooner. For HT, the sub is the most important component for reproducing the LFE present in today’s blockbuster action movies. IMO, this requires a 12” sub minimally and the PB2000 is highly regarded and recommended.
Thank you for your advice! I did a lot of research yesterday and it looks like the HSU VTF-2MK5 is a highly rated subwoofer as well and a few hundred cheaper. I may go with that one to save some cash. I just hope it meshes well with my Klipsch towers, since I "only" have the reference 8" speakers and not the reference premieres.
post #57786 of 58071 Old 05-17-2019, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk504 View Post
Thank you for your advice! I did a lot of research yesterday and it looks like the HSU VTF-2MK5 is a highly rated subwoofer as well and a few hundred cheaper. I may go with that one to save some cash. I just hope it meshes well with my Klipsch towers, since I "only" have the reference 8" speakers and not the reference premieres.
Subwoofers don't care what speakers you have, so you'll be fine.
ceptorman, Dirk504 and LawCPA like this.

Spoiler!
post #57787 of 58071 Old 05-17-2019, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
Actually, the RP8000f are on sale at authorized dealers like Crutchfield for $120 off each right now. Amazon has several authorized dealers selling them, as well. The Klipsch authorized sale price is $479 each.
Double check that the dealer you select is authorized, Klipsch may not honor the warranty otherwise.
As far as SVS sales, not sure. SVS makes good subwoofers, but if you want more bang for your buck, you might want to consider HSU.
Thank you, great info! I am considering HSU and SVS as @Gene 4th and @Kini62 mentioned. I appreciate your advice on the HSU as well! I can go with either at this point since they both have great reviews.
post #57788 of 58071 Old 05-17-2019, 12:03 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hello everyone,

Im looking on getting 3 identical RP600m speakers for my LCR setup but i cant seem to find or know where to buy just one speaker for the center.
any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks
post #57789 of 58071 Old 05-17-2019, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanaca View Post
Hello everyone,

Im looking on getting 3 identical RP600m speakers for my LCR setup but i cant seem to find or know where to buy just one speaker for the center.

any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks
They are sold pair packed only. You will have to retain a spare or use a dedicated center

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
post #57790 of 58071 Old 05-17-2019, 12:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 1970 Post(s)
Liked: 2661
Quote:
Thank you, great info! I am considering HSU and SVS as @Gene 4th and @Kini62 mentioned. I appreciate your advice on the HSU as well! I can go with either at this point since they both have great reviews.
Both are recognized as well above average organizations with highly regard products. However, most would agree that SVS has set the standard for outstanding customer service and ongoing support...far beyond one’s expectations. Further, SVS’s unique Bill Of Rights provides owners the greatest flexibility in terms of in home product trials, exchanges, and future upgrades. Since this is a bit OT for this thread, you may want to visit each manufacturer’s dedicated subwoofer thread to get a feel for owner’s perspectives. Good luck with your decision!
Kini62 likes this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203

Last edited by gene4ht; 05-17-2019 at 12:50 PM.
post #57791 of 58071 Old 05-17-2019, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk504 View Post
Quote:
As previously mentioned, if there are no specific issues with the performance of your current center channel...there is no doubt a PB2000 will yield the greater benefit. You’ll immediately notice improvements in performance relative to extension as well as smooth and articulate bass and wonder why you didn’t upgrade sooner. For HT, the sub is the most important component for reproducing the LFE present in today’s blockbuster action movies. IMO, this requires a 12” sub minimally and the PB2000 is highly regarded and recommended.
I have 2 of the hsu vtf2 mk5 subs and they are absolutely phenomenal
Dirk504 likes this.
post #57792 of 58071 Old 05-17-2019, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Finally got rid of my bics that I thought where so great.. Untill I just got my monolith things a beast..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
QuiGonJosh, jeff1967 and ceptorman like this.
post #57793 of 58071 Old 05-18-2019, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losifanatic View Post
I have 2 of the hsu vtf2 mk5 subs and they are absolutely phenomenal
Mine is coming Wednesday. Needless to say, I'm very excited!
post #57794 of 58071 Old 05-18-2019, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Sorry about the quality of this pic but I'm not done building my system yet so it's just a quick one. I'm replacing my reference setup with reference premier.

I ordered:
1X RP 504C
6X RP 8000F
I'm still using these from my previous setup:

4X RP 140SA (Purchased a year ago before the 500SA's were released)
2X Klipsch SW 450 10 inch subs
2X Klipsch RW 115 15 inch subs

A forest of towers new and old.

My 504C is supposed to come in tomorrow so I'm really excited to get this thing calibrated. I'm using a Denon 6300H in an 7.4.4 setup. Picked up a Aircon T8 recently to keep the temps in check. It's going to sound great I hope!
LennS and ceptorman like this.

Last edited by the_sextein; 05-18-2019 at 05:54 PM.
post #57795 of 58071 Old 05-19-2019, 11:58 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
Sorry about the quality of this pic but I'm not done building my system yet so it's just a quick one. I'm replacing my reference setup with reference premier.

I ordered:
1X RP 504C
6X RP 8000F
I'm still using these from my previous setup:

4X RP 140SA (Purchased a year ago before the 500SA's were released)
2X Klipsch SW 450 10 inch subs
2X Klipsch RW 115 15 inch subs

A forest of towers new and old.

My 504C is supposed to come in tomorrow so I'm really excited to get this thing calibrated. I'm using a Denon 6300H in an 7.4.4 setup. Picked up a Aircon T8 recently to keep the temps in check. It's going to sound great I hope!
No doubt, this new setup will sound awesome. Be sure to post up your impressions when it's all dialed in. Congrats.
post #57796 of 58071 Old 05-20-2019, 12:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCTuba View Post
Does anyone know how to go about getting a package deal on Klipsch speakers? I'm looking to get 2 RP-8060FA, 1 RP-504C, 2 RP-600M, and 2 RP-500SA. Do I just send emails to random speaker dealers? Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this.
google safe and sound out of massachusetts and give them a call. Fantastic prices. Ignore the prices on the website.
post #57797 of 58071 Old 05-22-2019, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I've had some time to mess with them and I am very happy with the results! I moved my RP 140SA's off the towers and onto the wall where it touches the ceiling. This in itself improved separation of high and low sound fields while eliminating the noisy aspect of hearing audio that bounced off the ceiling and audio that is leaving the speaker at the same time, aimed away from the listener. Now it's a direct flow of sound from above and sounds much more obvious and clear.

Here is a comparison of my R25 Icon vs my new RP 504C.

The center channel no longer requires that the listener be right in front of it to hear crisp clean audio. One thing I noticed is that it handles the bass frequencies much better but this also causes the subwoofer crossover to sound a little syrup like. It's almost like double bass so I lowered the crossover on the subs from 120Hz to 100Hz. All of my speakers can handle down to 60Hz with ease and the crossover is set to 80Hz on the speakers so it doesn't need that upper transition anymore. To me anyway, it sounds much more natural this way and still has the headroom to transition to sub 60Hz levels naturally. I would have left it at 120Hz but I tend to push my dedicated sub levels higher than recommended for extra large floor shaking moments when the truly low frequencies are called upon and that boosted bass makes 100Hz-150Hz sound a little unnatural to my ear. It's possible that it's my sub placement but I feel that I have tried just about everything on my end regarding sub placement and I am experiencing the best I can given the room I'm in.

Audyssey used to round off the upper end for me but I stopped using it with these speakers. The bass sounds better with audyssey but the high pitched detail sounds dampened to the point where I turned it off and rounded off the upper range of the bass manually.

I experimented with 60Hz and 40Hz crossovers on my speakers and feel that it still sounds better with the EAX spec of 80Hz on the speakers and all speakers set to small. The only exception would be listening to music. I like to use stereo surround and with all 6 towers set to large with main + LFE. Music sounds great because all twelve 8 inch subs are firing at once in unison with my dedicated sub woofers. This doesn't sound good in movies though because similar to what I had going on with my center channel, double bass doesn't sound good to me when it's trying to replicate a real world environment instead of a studio recorded music track and unlike music, movies rarely use all 6 towers at once for the same effect so it's unlikely that the dual 8 inch subs will sound as good as the dedicated ones in most scenarios. I will say that I'm seeing a bit of movement on both 8 inch subs with an 80Hz crossover and they do put off much more power and lower range than my old R15 bookshelf speakers that had 5.25 woofers.

The larger horn on the tower speakers make the audio sound more 3D in my opinion and having the listening position surrounded by large tower speakers is a very large improvement in consistency and clarity compared to the book shelfs I used to use. Moving up from aluminum tweeters to titanium is probably the biggest improvement though overall. There are sounds I am hearing in the side and rear speakers that I have never heard before.

One thing that surprised me was that my amplifier dropped temperature a little when I started using these. I can only assume it's because they are less power consuming than my old ones. The T8 cooler I bought is saying that the amp stays under 86F at all times with eco mode disabled. As a musician, I have always been a fan of what Klipsch's horn technology brings to the table and I appreciate the intricacy of the bass guitar that these speakers can bring to life when set to large. Given the size of my room (18X14X10) and my budget, I don't think I could do much better than this. If I had a larger room I might buy bigger speakers and bi-amp them but for where I am at in life currently, this is very nice and all 11 channels sound natural, consistent, and high quality while being powered by a single AVR unit. Nice and neat.

In terms of how the speakers look. I think Klipsch are some of the best looking speakers out there. Though I didn't pay extra for walnut or piano finish because sound is most important and my budget is not limitless. Overall, I am very pleased and I will probably stick with this setup for a long time. Worth the money!

jeff1967 likes this.

Last edited by the_sextein; 05-22-2019 at 04:54 PM.
post #57798 of 58071 Old 05-23-2019, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Klipsch RF7 life?

I'm getting a new LCD panel and thinking about updating my entire system. My Klipsch RF7's are well over 15 years old, I'm trying to decide if I want to replace them. If I keep them, what would be some matching wireless rear channel speakers?
I also have a matching Klipsch RS-3II center channel speaker which is also well over 15 years old. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it, but since my panel is floating on the wall the RS-3II would look horrible since it's so huge if place it above the panel, maybe tolerable below the panel but then the center channel voices are coming from the actors' feet instead of their heads. My other options are buying a smaller center channel speaker, or using the speakers from the new panel (Sony XBR85X900F).
Thoughts?
post #57799 of 58071 Old 05-23-2019, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhontz View Post
also my other question, i was recommended a pair of rear surround klipsch speakers and i bought them years ago. They are kind of shaped like a rounded off triangle. A gold woofer in the middle with a horn at an angle on both the left and right. I know they made this design in a smaller size and a larger size. I bought the larger size. The stupidest thing is, there is no model number on them anywhere! There is a sticker on them saying "made with monster cable" or something like that, but no model number or writing at all that i can see. Does anyone know what i have?
rs-3ii?
post #57800 of 58071 Old 05-24-2019, 04:10 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 153
[QUOTE=paulj1x;58090864. My Klipsch RF7's are well over 15 years old, I'm trying to decide if I want to replace them.?[/QUOTE]

REPLACE THEM? They are just now broke in! Turn them up.
ceptorman likes this.

Music, more music.
post #57801 of 58071 Old 05-24-2019, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I'm in the market for a set of floor standing front speakers for my home theater and am getting lost in all the speaker specs. I have a Denon AVR-X6500H (11.2 @ 140 watts per channel) receiver.

I have been comparing specs on the Klipsch Flagship Reference Series RF-7 III and the Premiere Reference Series RP-8000F and don't see a lot of difference other than power handling and cone size for a cost delta of $1,320 per speaker.

RF-7 III
FREQUENCY RESPONSE 32–25kHz +/– 3dB
SENSITIVITY 100 dB @ 2.83V / 1M
POWER HANDLING (CONT/PEAK) 250W / 1000W peak
CROSSOVER FREQUENCY 1300Hz

RF-8000F
FREQUENCY RESPONSE 32-25kHz +/- 3dB
SENSITIVITY 98dB @ 2.83V / 1m
POWER HANDLING (CONT/PEAK) 150W / 600W peak
CROSSOVER FREQUENCY 1750Hz

What am I missing here? Is the RF-7 III really worth the upcharge over the RF-8000F?

Thanks
Dennis

Sony VPL-VW285ES Projector / Denon AVR-X6500H Receiver / Aircom T10 Cooling Fan
Sony BDP-S790 3D/Blu-Ray / Sony UBP-X700 4K UHD
Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc / Lexicon LDD-1 Demodulator
Samsung DVD-VR375 DVD/VHS
post #57802 of 58071 Old 05-24-2019, 07:14 AM

My current front speakers are two;

Sansui SP-X9 Speaker (Vintage 1984)
Type: 5 way, 7 driver loudspeaker system
Frequency Response: 22Hz to 23kHz
Power Handling: 300W
Crossover Frequency: 1000, 7000, 10000, 15000Hz
Impedance: 8Ω
Sensitivity: 100dB
Bass: 1 x 17" cone
Midrange: 1 x 6.5" cone
Tweeter: 2 x 6" x 1" horn
Super Tweeter: 3 x 2" cone
Enclosure: bass reflex

How do these compare to;

RF-8000F

Thanks
Dennis

post #57803 of 58071 Old 05-24-2019, 07:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDennis View Post
I'm in the market for a set of floor standing front speakers for my home theater and am getting lost in all the speaker specs. I have a Denon AVR-X6500H (11.2 @ 140 watts per channel) receiver.

I have been comparing specs on the Klipsch Flagship Reference Series RF-7 III and the Premiere Reference Series RP-8000F and don't see a lot of difference other than power handling and cone size for a cost delta of $1,320 per speaker.

RF-7 III

RF-8000F

What am I missing here? Is the RF-7 III really worth the upcharge over the RF-8000F?

Thanks
Dennis
I haven't heard the RF-7 III, but part of the reason they cost more is wood veneer, and made in America, along with more expensive drivers. And while the specs are the same, I'm pretty sure they will handle loud bass better because of the bigger woofers, although the RP-8000m will also be solid with bass.

Spoiler!
post #57804 of 58071 Old 05-24-2019, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Hand built in the USA with rear wood veneer. Bigger drivers, higher power handling, compression driver with a lower crossover point. Oh and higher max output.

All that being said I love the 8000s as a great bang for the buck setup.
drh3b likes this.
post #57805 of 58071 Old 05-24-2019, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

RF-7 III

RF-8000F

Thanks
Dennis
I've owned, as many have here (generation independent), the 8" version and subsequently upgraded to the 10" version....my HT to music application 80/20. The 8" version, in my case, were the RF-82II's...no question...excellent performance! The 10" is typically recommended for larger rooms and for those who often like to crank near or at reference. From a pure objective (those who read/compare specs only) perspective will invaribly choose the 8"ers while from a subjective perspective...the 10" will mitigate the "what ifs" and "upgrade-itis for longer period of time. From a "real life" perspective, both will perform equally well (clean, clear, dynamic) under typical listening levels. It's when the 10" are asked to go beyond typical that they continue to perform just as clean, clear, and dynamic "effortlessly."....amazing!!! The other benefit of the 10"er is its bass performance. In my experience, during most music listening, I acutally perfer to listen w/o my subs....the bass performance of the 10's is that good!

Bottom line, I asked your same question years ago...all respondents said, budget permitting, get the 10's. I didn't listen. About a year later, I upgraded to the RF-7II's and never looked back! If your decision is purely based on specs and cost, you get the 8"ers and ultimately upgrade to the 7's...and recall not heeding the personal experience advice you received here!
kee68 and ceptorman like this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
post #57806 of 58071 Old 05-24-2019, 08:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My current front speakers are two;

Sansui SP-X9 Speaker (Vintage 1984)
Type: 5 way, 7 driver loudspeaker system
Frequency Response: 22Hz to 23kHz
Power Handling: 300W
Crossover Frequency: 1000, 7000, 10000, 15000Hz
Impedance: 8Ω
Sensitivity: 100dB
Bass: 1 x 17" cone
Midrange: 1 x 6.5" cone
Tweeter: 2 x 6" x 1" horn
Super Tweeter: 3 x 2" cone
Enclosure: bass reflex

How do these compare to;

RF-8000F

Thanks
Dennis
There's no comparison. Just the generational differences in speaker development/technology/advancement make the comparison moot. If you have the opportunity, put the specs aside, and listen to today's products....perhaps at local retailers, family, friends, etc. If not, take advantage of a seller who have favorable return policies...i.e. Cructchfield and listen to your own content in your home. Since you're asking in Klipsch thread you'll get overwhelmingly Klipsch endorsements...and rightly so...we're all biased for all the good reasons!

Note: Although I have no personal experience with the Sansui's, the comparison is really a moot point. Speakers of yesteryear attempted to be all things in one box...a "jack of all trades." Today, from the bass perspective, independent subwoofers are acknowledged to be the better solution for clean, tight, detailed, and most importantly....accurate bass. Again, specs are helpful for getting one to the ballpark but seeing a home run inside the park is a must.

Last edited by gene4ht; 05-24-2019 at 08:15 AM.
post #57807 of 58071 Old 05-24-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
I've owned, as many have here (generation independent), the 8" version and subsequently upgraded to the 10" version....my HT to music application 80/20. The 8" version, in my case, were the RF-82II's...no question...excellent performance! The 10" is typically recommended for larger rooms and for those who often like to crank near or at reference. From a pure objective (those who read/compare specs only) perspective will invaribly choose the 8"ers while from a subjective perspective...the 10" will mitigate the "what ifs" and "upgrade-itis for longer period of time. From a "real life" perspective, both will perform equally well (clean, clear, dynamic) under typical listening levels. It's when the 10" are asked to go beyond typical that they continue to perform just as clean, clear, and dynamic "effortlessly."....amazing!!! The other benefit of the 10"er is its bass performance. In my experience, during most music listening, I acutally perfer to listen w/o my subs....the bass performance of the 10's is that good!

Bottom line, I asked your same question years ago...all respondents said, budget permitting, get the 10's. I didn't listen. About a year later, I upgraded to the RF-7II's and never looked back! If your decision is purely based on specs and cost, you get the 8"ers and ultimately upgrade to the 7's...and recall not heeding the personal experience advice you received here!

Here's the rub that has me all over the map on this, my HT to music application is 100/0, reason is I have way too much 2CH audio equipment to even think about integrating this into my HT system. My media room as I call it is 16' X 23' with a 75/25 split between HT (Fwd wall) and 2CH (Aft wall) equipment. My 2CH system is vintage 1985 with a Sansui 160W per Ch Amp and 4 SP-X9 speakers plus 2 X R2R, turntable, Eq, Cass, 8-Track, CD, tuner ETC. My media collection consist of several 1000 albums, 8-Track, CD, R2R ETC so you get the picture.

I pretty much watch a movie and than turn around and crank up Supertramp. I do sometimes wonder how my vintage music would sound pumping through the RF-7 III vice the SP-X9's.

post #57808 of 58071 Old 05-24-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
There's no comparison. Just the generational differences in speaker development/technology/advancement make the comparison moot. If you have the opportunity, put the specs aside, and listen to today's products....perhaps at local retailers, family, friends, etc. If not, take advantage of a seller who have favorable return policies...i.e. Cructchfield and listen to your own content in your home. Since you're asking in Klipsch thread you'll get overwhelmingly Klipsch endorsements...and rightly so...we're all biased for all the good reasons!

This has been my biggest Red Azz so far, nowhere in Huntsville AL can you listen to a set of RF-7 III speakers or any speakers for that matter. I'm guessing a trip to Nashville or Atlanta will be in my future.

post #57809 of 58071 Old 05-24-2019, 08:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Here's the rub that has me all over the map on this, my HT to music application is 100/0, reason is I have way too much 2CH audio equipment to even think about integrating this into my HT system. My media room as I call it is 16' X 23' with a 75/25 split between HT (Fwd wall) and 2CH (Aft wall) equipment. My 2CH system is vintage 1985 with a Sansui 160W per Ch Amp and 4 SP-X9 speakers plus 2 X R2R, turntable, Eq, Cass, 8-Track, CD, tuner ETC. My media collection consist of several 1000 albums, 8-Track, CD, R2R ETC so you get the picture.

I pretty much watch a movie and than turn around and crank up Supertramp. I do sometimes wonder how my vintage music would sound pumping through the RF-7 III vice the SP-X9's.
OK...gotcha!. Then my choice would definitely be the RP-8000F's (or even the RP-6000F's) + a quality subwoofer(s) for today's action blockbusters. Again, this would be easy for you to decide by taking advantage of say i.e. Crutchfield's liberal return policy...a fixed $75 for return shipping per pair of large tower speakers

Last edited by gene4ht; 05-25-2019 at 02:58 AM.
post #57810 of 58071 Old 05-24-2019, 08:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This has been my biggest Red Azz so far, nowhere in Huntsville AL can you listen to a set of RF-7 III speakers or any speakers for that matter. I'm guessing a trip to Nashville or Atlanta will be in my future.
If you have the time and are serious, Klipsch's manufacturing facility is in Hope, Arkansas....surely they have listening showrooms,.

Last edited by gene4ht; 05-24-2019 at 08:41 AM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page