Klipsch owner thread - Page 1944 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23534Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #58291 of 58407 Old 09-10-2019, 06:54 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hey guys. Got my RP8000F and RP504C in today and dumped the Polk Audio Monitor 50s. Currently working on setting the crossover for them. Using some music as a test at the moment and with the current volume of the sub which is a little under half they seem to be holding their own and it’s pretty impressive when in full band. If I go direct and just do 2.0 they are pretty nice but I’m trying to find the best way to have them permanently. I’m reading all sorts of different things and even from SVS and Onkyo that large tower speakers with 8-10 inch woofers should be set to large. The current sub I have is a Klipsch 12 inch with a Bash300s amp. The original amp got murdered by a lightning strike years ago. The sub dominated the polks but at the current settings it’s not nearly as over powering. I haven’t done much with the center yet and that’s at 80hz. Should also mention I’m running an Onkyo TXNR646 at the moment. I’m going to get an rew mic to check it out from a neighbor and he recently tested the room and it was good for bass response and only needed a few tweaks. Curious to see how it tests now with the RP speakers. I’m sure it’s going to be based on the room but what do you guys have them set to that have them?
Damage Inc 84 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #58292 of 58407 Old 09-10-2019, 06:58 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
It really depends on your budget. If you want new, AcousticSoundDesign.com always has great deals. You will need to email or call to find out the discounted price.
Thanks for the response. I don't really care new vs old. I just want them to be good speakers that I can use a long time. I have found some used R-26 towers for $400/pair but I have read mixed reviews on them. Is the new Reference series that Best Buy currently has in stock that much better than others (R-820F, R-34C, R-120 SW)? I'm just looking for some recommendations for towers, center speaker, and sub.
jmundy41 is offline  
post #58293 of 58407 Old 09-10-2019, 06:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Riddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Greater Houston Area - Texas
Posts: 1,782
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 779 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc 84 View Post
Hey guys. Got my RP8000F and RP504C in today and dumped the Polk Audio Monitor 50s. Currently working on setting the crossover for them. Using some music as a test at the moment and with the current volume of the sub which is a little under half they seem to be holding their own and it’s pretty impressive when in full band. If I go direct and just do 2.0 they are pretty nice but I’m trying to find the best way to have them permanently. I’m reading all sorts of different things and even from SVS and Onkyo that large tower speakers with 8-10 inch woofers should be set to large. The current sub I have is a Klipsch 12 inch with a Bash300s amp. The original amp got murdered by a lightning strike years ago. The sub dominated the polks but at the current settings it’s not nearly as over powering. I haven’t done much with the center yet and that’s at 80hz. Should also mention I’m running an Onkyo TXNR646 at the moment. I’m going to get an rew mic to check it out from a neighbor and he recently tested the room and it was good for bass response and only needed a few tweaks. Curious to see how it tests now with the RP speakers. I’m sure it’s going to be based on the room but what do you guys have them set to that have them?
I set the crossover for all of my speakers to 80 hz and let the sub do everything below. I used to set my mains to large, but after doing a lot of research and testing, I found 80 hz to be optimal. I use my speakers 100% for HT in a multichannel setup.

Routh Family Theater - My Dedicated Home Theater Build - 7.1.4 Atmos Setup
Seymour AV 100" Electronic Masking Screen - Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II's, RS-52 II's, CDT-5650 II-C x 4 - PSA V3600I Sub
Marantz AV7704 with TK421 Modification - Panasonic UBD 820
Emotiva XPA -7 & XPA-5 - Sony XBR-75x940c with Ideal-Lume Panelight (Living Room)
Tom Riddle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #58294 of 58407 Old 09-10-2019, 07:12 PM
Senior Member
 
mach250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahid Hadi View Post
I plan on going Atmos in the future. At the moment I am at 5.1, soon to be 7.1. Eventually I'd want to go 7.1.4 with the 4 Atmos being in-ceiling. Would the in-ceilings clash with the higher mounted 250s?

I'd just imagine that the separation wouldn't be that great. Surround speakers paired with atmos are recommended as close as possible to ear level to get that true surround feel with atmos tracks.






Got my new stuff in today thinking I should have called out of work sick to set them up


mach250 is offline  
post #58295 of 58407 Old 09-10-2019, 11:11 PM
Member
 
toy4x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc 84 View Post
Hey guys. Got my RP8000F and RP504C in today and dumped the Polk Audio Monitor 50s. Currently working on setting the crossover for them. Using some music as a test at the moment and with the current volume of the sub which is a little under half they seem to be holding their own and it’s pretty impressive when in full band. If I go direct and just do 2.0 they are pretty nice but I’m trying to find the best way to have them permanently. I’m reading all sorts of different things and even from SVS and Onkyo that large tower speakers with 8-10 inch woofers should be set to large. The current sub I have is a Klipsch 12 inch with a Bash300s amp. The original amp got murdered by a lightning strike years ago. The sub dominated the polks but at the current settings it’s not nearly as over powering. I haven’t done much with the center yet and that’s at 80hz. Should also mention I’m running an Onkyo TXNR646 at the moment. I’m going to get an rew mic to check it out from a neighbor and he recently tested the room and it was good for bass response and only needed a few tweaks. Curious to see how it tests now with the RP speakers. I’m sure it’s going to be based on the room but what do you guys have them set to that have them?
Just finished testing my 504c with REW and umik-1 in my living room. I have now set the xo to 60hz.

I typically set all to 80hz and let the subs take over. But with the 504c, something was off. After much testing and moving the center forwards, backwards, changing xo from 80-40, approx 20 tests... 60hz close to the wall ended up being the best for my room.

Played Godzilla KOM and holy crap what a difference after setting them with REW.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Tom Riddle likes this.
toy4x is offline  
post #58296 of 58407 Old 09-11-2019, 12:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 2
B&W 603 vs. Klipsch RP-8000F

For music and movies.

What do you guys think?
SskylineE is offline  
post #58297 of 58407 Old 09-11-2019, 01:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,486
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1194 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by SskylineE View Post
B&W 603 vs. Klipsch RP-8000F

For music and movies.

What do you guys think?
Can you test them out? Best Buy? I tested the B&W 606 vs the RP 600m.

I loved the B&W, if money wasn't tight I would have got them. But the 600m was very close, just lacked a little something. Can't really describe it as its super subjective anyways.

In the end price won out, I got the rp600m's and a RP 450c for the price of the 606's. If money didn't matter in your case I would personally go with B&W. Just get them at best buy and you can easily return.

TCL 65R625 -- Denon X1400h -- Klipsch RP600m -- RP450C -- Micca M-6S 6.5 -- Dual Klipsch RW-10
whiteboy714 is offline  
post #58298 of 58407 Old 09-11-2019, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 8,040
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2721 Post(s)
Liked: 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc 84 View Post
Hey guys. Got my RP8000F and RP504C in today and dumped the Polk Audio Monitor 50s. Currently working on setting the crossover for them. Using some music as a test at the moment and with the current volume of the sub which is a little under half they seem to be holding their own and it’s pretty impressive when in full band. If I go direct and just do 2.0 they are pretty nice but I’m trying to find the best way to have them permanently. I’m reading all sorts of different things and even from SVS and Onkyo that large tower speakers with 8-10 inch woofers should be set to large. The current sub I have is a Klipsch 12 inch with a Bash300s amp. The original amp got murdered by a lightning strike years ago. The sub dominated the polks but at the current settings it’s not nearly as over powering. I haven’t done much with the center yet and that’s at 80hz. Should also mention I’m running an Onkyo TXNR646 at the moment. I’m going to get an rew mic to check it out from a neighbor and he recently tested the room and it was good for bass response and only needed a few tweaks. Curious to see how it tests now with the RP speakers. I’m sure it’s going to be based on the room but what do you guys have them set to that have them?
Since you only have one sub which has about the same -3db point as the towers (30-36hz range) running your towers as large could provide a nice boost in bass.

I run my RF62IIs as large most of the time even with 2 subs in a smaller room. The only time I set them with a crossover is when watching bass heavy action movies or extra loud music. At lower volumes setting them to large helps fill the "wall" of bass up front.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
Roku Ultra, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Quattron
Kini62 is offline  
post #58299 of 58407 Old 09-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Member
 
MrKyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
Since you only have one sub which has about the same -3db point as the towers (30-36hz range) running your towers as large could provide a nice boost in bass.

I run my RF62IIs as large most of the time even with 2 subs in a smaller room. The only time I set them with a crossover is when watching bass heavy action movies or extra loud music. At lower volumes setting them to large helps fill the "wall" of bass up front.
What are your thoughts on RP 260F large versus small? I'm using a R112SW and RC 62ii Center in a pretty large room (~18'x36' but with the end where the TV is open on one side; shotgun style all the way to the living room then onto kitchen)

Currently have the Fronts/Center @ 80hz - Surrounds at 100hz and Atmos at 150hz
LFE at 120hz

Living Room - XBR77A9G / X800M2 / X4500H / Klipsch RP260F - RP-504C - R-112SW - R-41-SA (Atmos) Pioneer Elite SP-EBS73-LR (Surrounds + Atmos)
Bedroom - 65VT30

Last edited by MrKyle; 09-11-2019 at 03:02 PM.
MrKyle is offline  
post #58300 of 58407 Old 09-11-2019, 04:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 8,040
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2721 Post(s)
Liked: 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKyle View Post
What are your thoughts on RP 260F large versus small? I'm using a R112SW and RC 62ii Center in a pretty large room (~18'x36' but with the end where the TV is open on one side; shotgun style all the way to the living room then onto kitchen)

Currently have the Fronts/Center @ 80hz - Surrounds at 100hz and Atmos at 150hz
LFE at 120hz
That's up to you. Try it and hear for yourself. I'm not one to buy mics and measure anything. I just go by how it sounds or feels. When not running full range I use 100 or 120hz on the towers and always use 120hz on the center and surrounds. It works well in my room with those setttings.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
Roku Ultra, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Quattron
Kini62 is offline  
post #58301 of 58407 Old 09-11-2019, 07:52 PM
Advanced Member
 
PoorSignal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 593
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I have the RP-280F (along with other RPs 5.1.4). It's dedicated room, it sounds fine, it's crossover at 80hz with a JTR. but I am craving for bigger sound for L R.
Does Klipsch have something with a bigger woofer? or physically bigger?

I thought about a second pair of the same in the front but I always thought the sound would cancel out each other.
PoorSignal is offline  
post #58302 of 58407 Old 09-11-2019, 09:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drh3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 3,767
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2032 Post(s)
Liked: 4024
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorSignal View Post
I have the RP-280F (along with other RPs 5.1.4). It's dedicated room, it sounds fine, it's crossover at 80hz with a JTR. but I am craving for bigger sound for L R.
Does Klipsch have something with a bigger woofer? or physically bigger?

I thought about a second pair of the same in the front but I always thought the sound would cancel out each other.
Klipsch RF7 III. You'll have to go pro style speakers to get any more volume. I don't pretend to know all the ends and outs of the problems with what you suggest, but at the least it will mess with the imaging to double up speakers.
https://www.klipsch.com/products/rf-...anding-speaker
wilfredent likes this.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
drh3b is offline  
post #58303 of 58407 Old 09-11-2019, 09:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
PoorSignal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 593
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorSignal View Post
I have the RP-280F (along with other RPs 5.1.4). It's dedicated room, it sounds fine, it's crossover at 80hz with a JTR. but I am craving for bigger sound for L R.
Does Klipsch have something with a bigger woofer? or physically bigger?

I thought about a second pair of the same in the front but I always thought the sound would cancel out each other.
Klipsch RF7 III. You'll have to go pro style speakers to get any more volume. I don't pretend to know all the ends and outs of the problems with what you suggest, but at the least it will mess with the imaging to double up speakers.
https://www.klipsch.com/products/rf-...anding-speaker
I feel the 280 height is perfect now with atmos and I don’t want any taller speakers. Can I add a pair of subs for LR? Maybe 10” or 12” to boost the midrange bass.
PoorSignal is offline  
post #58304 of 58407 Old 09-12-2019, 05:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Riddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Greater Houston Area - Texas
Posts: 1,782
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 779 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorSignal View Post
I feel the 280 height is perfect now with atmos and I don’t want any taller speakers. Can I add a pair of subs for LR? Maybe 10” or 12” to boost the midrange bass.
More subs would help flatten out your bass response, which in turn would give you some better mid bass. However, if you are craving a fuller sound from your front L&R, there really isn’t another way than going to the RF-7’s. I upgraded for the same reasons and while the speakers are big and heavy, it was worth every penny and then some.

Routh Family Theater - My Dedicated Home Theater Build - 7.1.4 Atmos Setup
Seymour AV 100" Electronic Masking Screen - Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II's, RS-52 II's, CDT-5650 II-C x 4 - PSA V3600I Sub
Marantz AV7704 with TK421 Modification - Panasonic UBD 820
Emotiva XPA -7 & XPA-5 - Sony XBR-75x940c with Ideal-Lume Panelight (Living Room)
Tom Riddle is offline  
post #58305 of 58407 Old 09-12-2019, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
PoorSignal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 593
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
More subs would help flatten out your bass response, which in turn would give you some better mid bass. However, if you are craving a fuller sound from your front L&R, there really isn’t another way than going to the RF-7’s. I upgraded for the same reasons and while the speakers are big and heavy, it was worth every penny and then some.
What is your crossover set at for the RF7s?
Big price jump for sure, but I asked first.
PoorSignal is offline  
post #58306 of 58407 Old 09-12-2019, 08:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Riddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Greater Houston Area - Texas
Posts: 1,782
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 779 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorSignal View Post
What is your crossover set at for the RF7s?
Big price jump for sure, but I asked first.
I cross them over at 80 hz along with the rest of my speakers.

Routh Family Theater - My Dedicated Home Theater Build - 7.1.4 Atmos Setup
Seymour AV 100" Electronic Masking Screen - Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II's, RS-52 II's, CDT-5650 II-C x 4 - PSA V3600I Sub
Marantz AV7704 with TK421 Modification - Panasonic UBD 820
Emotiva XPA -7 & XPA-5 - Sony XBR-75x940c with Ideal-Lume Panelight (Living Room)
Tom Riddle is offline  
post #58307 of 58407 Old 09-13-2019, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Riddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Greater Houston Area - Texas
Posts: 1,782
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 779 Post(s)
Liked: 685
With all the recent talk about crossovers and the best setup, I’ve included a link below that goes into depth on the best setup for your full range towers and other speakers in your systems.

https://bobpariseau.com/blog/2018/6/...ss-begins-here
WhiskeyJ likes this.

Routh Family Theater - My Dedicated Home Theater Build - 7.1.4 Atmos Setup
Seymour AV 100" Electronic Masking Screen - Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II's, RS-52 II's, CDT-5650 II-C x 4 - PSA V3600I Sub
Marantz AV7704 with TK421 Modification - Panasonic UBD 820
Emotiva XPA -7 & XPA-5 - Sony XBR-75x940c with Ideal-Lume Panelight (Living Room)
Tom Riddle is offline  
post #58308 of 58407 Old 09-13-2019, 09:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jconjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,003
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1274 Post(s)
Liked: 2115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
With all the recent talk about crossovers and the best setup, I’ve included a link below that goes into depth on the best setup for your full range towers and other speakers in your systems.

https://bobpariseau.com/blog/2018/6/...ss-begins-here
And I'll share one as well that I've found invaluable.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/2958528-guide-subwoofer-calibration-bass-preferences.html
WhiskeyJ and Tom Riddle like this.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
jconjason is offline  
post #58309 of 58407 Old 09-14-2019, 05:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Riddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Greater Houston Area - Texas
Posts: 1,782
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 779 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Nice article @jconjason ! There is some really informative stuff in there! I like it, man (in John Gruden voice)!
jconjason likes this.

Routh Family Theater - My Dedicated Home Theater Build - 7.1.4 Atmos Setup
Seymour AV 100" Electronic Masking Screen - Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II's, RS-52 II's, CDT-5650 II-C x 4 - PSA V3600I Sub
Marantz AV7704 with TK421 Modification - Panasonic UBD 820
Emotiva XPA -7 & XPA-5 - Sony XBR-75x940c with Ideal-Lume Panelight (Living Room)
Tom Riddle is offline  
post #58310 of 58407 Old 09-14-2019, 07:37 AM
Member
 
evanft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Would there be an issue using a 280F as a center with a pair of 8000Fs as L/R? I've got the space now to upgrade from a horizontal center to a full tower and it seems like I can save some cash going with the 280 vs a third 8000.

JVC RS-520, Elite Screens 100" AcousticPro UHD electric
Klipsch RP-8000F, RP-450C, 2xRP-240S, 2xRP-402S, 2xSVS PB-1000
Onkyo TX-NR585/HDFury Linker/MiniDSP 2x4 HD
Panasonic UB820/PC/PS3/PS4 Pro/Switch/WiiU/Xbox One X
Logitech Harmony Hub
evanft is offline  
post #58311 of 58407 Old 09-16-2019, 05:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KBMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Grass Valley, CA
Posts: 3,658
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanft View Post
Would there be an issue using a 280F as a center with a pair of 8000Fs as L/R? I've got the space now to upgrade from a horizontal center to a full tower and it seems like I can save some cash going with the 280 vs a third 8000.
NOT trolling here, just want an honest opinion, even if biased on the Klipsch side of things. Basically, I'm deciding between Klipsch or Polk, for a 5.1 system. I may go another route for the sub, but in a medium sized room (17x22), I want a natural, yet powerful setup, without breaking the bank. Two Towers, a center, and two surrounds...plus a sub. This is not my system, lol..it's for a friend. POLK OR KLIPSCH????
KBMAN is offline  
post #58312 of 58407 Old 09-16-2019, 07:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Delaware
Posts: 4,274
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 503
Listened to the new BTS at CEDIA.

Woah Nellie!

Mike Miles
[email protected]
mmiles is offline  
post #58313 of 58407 Old 09-17-2019, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ereed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,456
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2304 Post(s)
Liked: 1624
Running 100hz crossover all around for my RP speakers. My subs handle below that.
Tom Riddle likes this.

Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels
ereed is offline  
post #58314 of 58407 Old 09-17-2019, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
smokarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hartford, CT USA
Posts: 3,402
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Is anyone running RP600M for 2.1 music setup?

Love to hear your inputs/feedback.

Do you like them for music? Are they fatiguing for hours of listening? Are they too bright/harsh? My last reference speakers were the RF3s. I did love the Cornwalls, but they are huge for a living room setup.
smokarz is offline  
post #58315 of 58407 Old 09-17-2019, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,486
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1194 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles View Post
Listened to the new BTS at CEDIA.

Woah Nellie!
Woah Nellie on those prices indeed! Yikes.

TCL 65R625 -- Denon X1400h -- Klipsch RP600m -- RP450C -- Micca M-6S 6.5 -- Dual Klipsch RW-10
whiteboy714 is offline  
post #58316 of 58407 Old 09-17-2019, 01:05 PM
Member
 
Losifanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz View Post
Is anyone running RP600M for 2.1 music setup?

Love to hear your inputs/feedback.

Do you like them for music? Are they fatiguing for hours of listening? Are they too bright/harsh? My last reference speakers were the RF3s. I did love the Cornwalls, but they are huge for a living room setup.
I run the rp160ms in the bedroom and love them. The are a little light in the midrange but nothing to bad. They are not fatiguing at all. My 280fs are noticeably brighter than the 160ms.

I
Losifanatic is offline  
post #58317 of 58407 Old 09-17-2019, 01:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Delaware
Posts: 4,274
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post
Woah Nellie on those prices indeed! Yikes.
Negotiable.

I know a very reliable Klipsch dealer that is willing to work with forum members on most items.
Tom Riddle likes this.

Mike Miles
[email protected]
mmiles is offline  
post #58318 of 58407 Old 09-17-2019, 09:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jconjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,003
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1274 Post(s)
Liked: 2115
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles View Post
Negotiable.

I know a very reliable Klipsch dealer that is willing to work with forum members on most items.
Can you pm me this person's info, please?

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
jconjason is offline  
post #58319 of 58407 Old 09-18-2019, 05:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
smokarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hartford, CT USA
Posts: 3,402
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losifanatic View Post
I run the rp160ms in the bedroom and love them. The are a little light in the midrange but nothing to bad. They are not fatiguing at all. My 280fs are noticeably brighter than the 160ms.

I

Thanks for the feedback.

Does anyone know the pricing for RP600M? What was the lowest price? Under $450?
smokarz is offline  
post #58320 of 58407 Old 09-18-2019, 11:28 AM
Member
 
evanft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanft View Post
Would there be an issue using a 280F as a center with a pair of 8000Fs as L/R? I've got the space now to upgrade from a horizontal center to a full tower and it seems like I can save some cash going with the 280 vs a third 8000.
Anyone have thoughts on this?

JVC RS-520, Elite Screens 100" AcousticPro UHD electric
Klipsch RP-8000F, RP-450C, 2xRP-240S, 2xRP-402S, 2xSVS PB-1000
Onkyo TX-NR585/HDFury Linker/MiniDSP 2x4 HD
Panasonic UB820/PC/PS3/PS4 Pro/Switch/WiiU/Xbox One X
Logitech Harmony Hub
evanft is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off