Klipsch owner thread - Page 1946 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23561Likes

post #58351 of 58486 Old 09-22-2019, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 811 Post(s)
Liked: 722
Thanks, @LawCPA .

I had 2) 20 amp breakers installed in the room. I have my amps, along with low wattage gear on one and my sub on the other. The amps are all on a Monster Power surge protector I bought 10 years ago for a pretty hefty price (monster gear is all overpriced) that I probably need to replace with something better. But, since my other Emotiva amp is fine, along with everything else that was on the strip, one of the two components had to of shorted and taken the other with it. I’m thankful it was my XPA-7 and not the XPA-5 because it’s not under warranty anymore.

Yeah, it’s bad luck but, it’s hard to complain when 50% of the areas around you all experienced flooding and severe home damage. Let’s just say, I’m not happy but, it could have been much worse. Of course, I guess we will see once I’m able to get everything back and installed. I’m hoping nothing else (speakers) didn’t get taken down with them.
drh3b and LawCPA like this.

Routh Family Theater - My Dedicated Home Theater Build - 7.1.4 Atmos Setup
Seymour AV 100" Electronic Masking Screen - Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II's, RS-52 II's, CDT-5650 II-C x 4 - PSA V3600I Sub
Marantz AV7704 with TK421 Modification - Panasonic UBD 820
Emotiva XPA -7 & XPA-5 - Sony XBR-75x940c with Ideal-Lume Panelight (Living Room)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #58352 of 58486 Old 09-22-2019, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawCPA View Post
That ending scene was insane and the lightning was awesome and LOUD in the top channels. Thanks for that, Klipsch says not to keyhole mount them to ceiling so it deterred me from it but it may be a legal liability thing. I’d like to angle my rears at MLP instead of shooting over my head maybe even do surround rear height (Auro) instead of rear height. I’m currently watching the last two of the four newly Atmos mixed 4K Tim Burton movies (Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney) and they use the heights rather well with an overall good mix.

Hope you have a speedy recovery. Wow terrible luck. I have all my subs and my Parasound into the wall outlets the rest of gear is in a surge protector. I have some battery backups given to me but am worried using them could effect sound quality e.g. if amps can’t pull enough current? I haven’t studied the subject enough.
Yeah I was hesitant. I had them upfiring for 2 years. I can’t see how they can fall off. They are stable. It’s not something I’m concerned about.

I just watched King Skull Island with Audyssey full range and DEQ on. Sounded great. They blend so well.

OLED65B7P/ OPPO UDP-203/ DENON X4300H/ Klipsch RP 440c/ Klipsch RP 250f/ Klipsch RP 240s x4/ Klipsch RP 140sa/ Dual SVS PB-1000/ SVS SoundPath Isolation System/ Auralex Mopad riser for center channel/
post #58353 of 58486 Old 09-22-2019, 11:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Do Klipsch Speakers Sound Better Toed In?

I just got my Klipsch Front Speakers 6000f and 600C centre channel. Driven by an Onkyo RZ 830 old Jamo surrounds and height speakers and an old JBL sub. So far, just breaking in the speakers, with all kinds of music, rock, jazz, funk, and rap. I can say is a worthy purchase. The Klipsch sounds so neutral and can get really loud. There is absolutely no fatigue. Have been just doing nothing but listening and warming up the floorstanders. Love the clarity and detail and the bass thumps, gets even better with a sub. Haven't really tested them with movies yet but going by the music, am sure it will be a blast!

Just a couple of questions which I need help on

1. Do I need to toe in these speakers. I have not toed in yet
2. My speakers are slightly away from the wall, say about 1.5 inches, do I need to pull them out more?
3. My old Jamo sub really cant keep up with the speakers, may I know what would be a good replacement sub that can match these speakers?
4. I have placed my surround floorstanding Jamos at a right angle facing me ( left and right) / that is ear level while seated in the couch as my couch is backed up on the wall. Would this be optimal?

Think soon will be replacing my Jamo surround and height speakers to Klipsch as well to get a better fit. They just sound so good.

Do share your thoughts. Looking forward.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #58354 of 58486 Old 09-23-2019, 04:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstg View Post
Yeah I was hesitant. I had them upfiring for 2 years. I can’t see how they can fall off. They are stable. It’s not something I’m concerned about.

I just watched King Skull Island with Audyssey full range and DEQ on. Sounded great. They blend so well.
I tried to find info about this, years ago - because a recommendation of my friend, but Klipsch do not recommend usage like this (up on wall/ceiling). Still don't know why, because it's much more better this way... Mines are on the L/R side walls just front/behind MLP.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	klipsch_onwall.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	2619048  

DOLBY ATMOS 5.2.4 - Yamaha RX-A2080 - Klipsch RP-280F - RP-450C - RP-250S - RP-140SA - R-112SW - SVS SB12-NSD - LG OLED 55B7 - HiMedia Q30 - Xbox One X SE

Last edited by Renatto; 09-23-2019 at 05:54 AM.
post #58355 of 58486 Old 09-23-2019, 05:12 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatto View Post
I tried to find info about this, years ago - because a recommendation of my friend, but Klipsch do not recommend usage like this. Still don't know why, because it's much more better this way... Mines are on the L/R side walls just front/behind MLP.
I know, so did I. It’s because there is no option to screw into the module. It’s a legality. They just rest on a keyhole but mine aren’t going anywhere. The way they are angled makes them perfect for a ceiling mount. A bunch of people said they shouldn’t be mounted because of their crossover but the sound is very impressive. I had other satellites mounted directly above my head and they sounded distracting. The 140sa blow them away. They also measure flat as well. I only EQ them up to 300hz so I hear their natural character.
post #58356 of 58486 Old 09-23-2019, 11:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RameshG View Post
I just got my Klipsch Front Speakers 6000f and 600C centre channel. Driven by an Onkyo RZ 830 old Jamo surrounds and height speakers and an old JBL sub. So far, just breaking in the speakers, with all kinds of music, rock, jazz, funk, and rap. I can say is a worthy purchase. The Klipsch sounds so neutral and can get really loud. There is absolutely no fatigue. Have been just doing nothing but listening and warming up the floorstanders. Love the clarity and detail and the bass thumps, gets even better with a sub. Haven't really tested them with movies yet but going by the music, am sure it will be a blast!

Just a couple of questions which I need help on

2. My speakers are slightly away from the wall, say about 1.5 inches, do I need to pull them out more?
3. My old Jamo sub really cant keep up with the speakers, may I know what would be a good replacement sub that can match these speakers?
4. I have placed my surround floorstanding Jamos at a right angle facing me ( left and right) / that is ear level while seated in the couch as my couch is backed up on the wall. Would this be optimal?

Think soon will be replacing my Jamo surround and height speakers to Klipsch as well to get a better fit. They just sound so good.

1. It really depends on how you like them - if you are the main listener, I would toe them in towards you, going shoulder to shoulder. That’s how I like mine, not laser focused on my head, but right in the sweet spot. I’m the only one that cares about sound in my HT room. I’m sure that will change once my boys are older.
2. You will get a lot of answers on this. For the best overall experience without any interference, yes, they should be moved away from the walls - especially if you are at or near full range for your crossover. However, most of us don’t have the luxury of having our speakers pulled 12-36”s from the walls, so we make due. I have mine about 8”s from the wall with acoustic paneling behind to minimize any interference. I also have all my speakers crossed over at 80 hz.
3. Klipsch makes some good subs, but if you want the most for your money, and you don’t mind spending a little extra go with a direct dealer. HSU, SVS, Rythmik, Power Sound Audio, JTR, Seaton Sound, just to name a few, all have great subs. HSU and SVS have the best product line for on a budget to what is a budget and who has one, lol.
4. Probably not ideal, but it should work. As long as you don’t have extreme hot spotting and it’s not drowning out the fronts, then roll with it. Most of us, don’t have ideal rooms to start with, so we have to live with the complications and do our best to make it work. My HT room has some less than ideal challenges, but through treating the room with acoustic panels, good old Audyssey, and some not much fun trial-and-error, I would say I’ve got better than most theater quality sound.

Seymour AV 100" Electronic Masking Screen - Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II's, RS-52 II's, CDT-5650 II-C x 4 - PSA V3600I Sub
Emotiva XPA -7 & XPA-5 - Sony XBR-75x940c with Ideal-Lume Panelight (Living Room)
post #58357 of 58486 Old 09-25-2019, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Not a dedicated theater, not an ideal space, many compromises due to walls, reflections and wife (hence in-walls)- but sounds amazing. STILL trying to work out some kinks with the TV apps outputting Atmos where applicable - but coming from an 8 year old Sony Soundbar, I'm amazed.

LCR are Klipsch THX 504L
Rears Klipsch THX 502L
4x Ceiling speakers for atmos are Klipsch CDT 5800 C II
Sub is SVS PB16 Ultra (hidden in the wall - sadly no sub-crawling in this case)
Pre/pro is Marantz AV7705
Monoprice Monolith 9X amp
TV is LG 86SM9070PUA

can see Heights better here

Ideally there would be a setting for top front and top middle due to speaker positioning. Unfortunately that's not an option right now, so I have them set to front height and top middle
jeff1967, Tom Riddle and drh3b like this.

Last edited by deekity; 09-25-2019 at 12:13 PM.
post #58358 of 58486 Old 09-25-2019, 05:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deekity View Post
Not a dedicated theater, not an ideal space, many compromises due to walls, reflections and wife (hence in-walls)- but sounds amazing. STILL trying to work out some kinks with the TV apps outputting Atmos where applicable - but coming from an 8 year old Sony Soundbar, I'm amazed.

LCR are Klipsch THX 504L
Rears Klipsch THX 502L
TV is LG 86SM9070PUA

can see Heights better here

Ideally there would be a setting for top front and top middle due to speaker positioning. Unfortunately that's not an option right now, so I have them set to front height and top middle
It looks sleek. I like the subwoofer hidden in the wall. Did you do that, or hire someone?

As long as you like the sound, then nothing else matters.
CaptinCrunch and LawCPA like this.

post #58359 of 58486 Old 09-25-2019, 07:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1468 Post(s)
Liked: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by deekity View Post

LCR are Klipsch THX 504L
Rears Klipsch THX 502L
TV is LG 86SM9070PUA

I had to do a similar thing with my setup for the surrounds. I only have 5.1 but like your room they would have been clear across the room had I put them to the side. So they are to the rear of the listening position. Not ideal but it works.

Your setup looks very clean, my wife would definitely appreciate that to having a bunch of gear in the living room.

TCL 65R625 -- Denon X1400h -- Klipsch RP600m -- RP450C -- Micca M-6S 6.5 -- Dual Klipsch RW-10
post #58360 of 58486 Old 09-26-2019, 02:19 AM

Dear All

I have come to realise that my current Jamo floorstanding surround speakers paired with the Klipsch 6000f fronts and 600C centre channel is too forward in its surround sound. The sound gets pretty overwhelming and doesn't blend in well with the fronts

I am thinking of getting the bookshelf Klipsch synergy B20 as surround speakers to go with my 6000f and 600 C
Its currently going on sale now. Heard some good reviews. What do you all think. Would it be a good fit for surround based on my current speaker line up.

Also what would be a good sub woofer to go with. Thinking of SPL 100, though it doesn't come cheap. Anyone has experiences with these. I have been using my old Jamo sub and it cant keep up with my new Klipsch speakers.

Hope to hear any advise you guys may have. Thank you.
post #58361 of 58486 Old 09-26-2019, 06:44 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello there!

I have for now a 3.0 system (500C, 150M) and already purchased a pair of 500M so I can go 5.0, driven by a Denon x2400h.
I mainly watch movies and play PS4, no music listening at all.
As I have a 1yo daughter, I play my content waaaaaaaaay below reference levels (around -40dB).
Do any of you think I would benefit from having a 10 inch sub, or even a 12 inch, lets say R-100SW or R-120SW at these levels?

Best Regards.
post #58362 of 58486 Old 09-26-2019, 06:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2073 Post(s)
Liked: 4187
Quote:
Dear All

I have come to realise that my current Jamo floorstanding surround speakers paired with the Klipsch 6000f fronts and 600C centre channel is too forward in its surround sound. The sound gets pretty overwhelming and doesn't blend in well with the fronts

I am thinking of getting the bookshelf Klipsch synergy B20 as surround speakers to go with my 6000f and 600 C
Its currently going on sale now. Heard some good reviews. What do you all think. Would it be a good fit for surround based on my current speaker line up.

Also what would be a good sub woofer to go with. Thinking of SPL 100, though it doesn't come cheap. Anyone has experiences with these. I have been using my old Jamo sub and it cant keep up with my new Klipsch speakers.

The Synergy speakers are probably also bright and forward. I would try to get newer klipsches, preferably RP, but I think the new R line is less forward than older Klipsch.
If you want bang for the buck, I'd try HSU for subwoofers. I'm not sure if you are in America, if you aren't, you might want to look into Polk HTS series subwoofers, they are supposed to be very good entry level subwoofers.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
post #58363 of 58486 Old 09-26-2019, 07:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Dear All

I would recommend going with a bipole surround speaker as opposed to a bookshelf. Monopole surrounds are great if they can be properly placed, but your configuration limits them to close range, so they are still going to overwhelm.

I too have a configuration that limits the surrounds to being close to the listening position, but with the bipole sound design, it rarely is a problem, as they have drivers and tweeters pointing both left and right, so they diffuse sound. Klipsch will have surrounds that match the speakers you have. Try them out and I’m sure you will be very happy.

post #58364 of 58486 Old 09-26-2019, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 928 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Klipsch needs some new colors for their speakers.Ebony and Walnut are boring so I'm going with gloss black but wish they had a dark cherry or dark blue gloss.

Matt
post #58365 of 58486 Old 09-26-2019, 09:54 AM

Thanks for the useful suggestions. Are your front speakers toed in and how far apart from each other and away from wall. Care to share expe/riences. I am not in US. Have heard about Polk HTS sub woofer series. Good reviews. But some say Klipsch SPL 100 is pretty good too. Anyone has any experiences with these. Heard Marantz is also coming with its own sub. Thats a strange one

So synergy B20 bookshelves are bright huh
For surround is that all right?
post #58366 of 58486 Old 09-26-2019, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hi all. I'm trying to sell locally my circa-2008 Klipsch 5.1 setup to downsize/upgrade to a higher-end, more minimal 2.1 setup. I am having trouble pricing out the components. Can anyone give me a reasonable ball park fair market value for the following components:

2 Ref IV 52 Floor Standing Speakers
Ref IV RC 52 Center Speaker
Ref IV RS 52 Surrounds
RW10d Sub

Condition is good-very good.

Thank you.
post #58367 of 58486 Old 09-27-2019, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Oliveira View Post
Hello there!

I have for now a 3.0 system (500C, 150M) and already purchased a pair of 500M so I can go 5.0, driven by a Denon x2400h.
I mainly watch movies and play PS4, no music listening at all.
As I have a 1yo daughter, I play my content waaaaaaaaay below reference levels (around -40dB).
Do any of you think I would benefit from having a 10 inch sub, or even a 12 inch, lets say R-100SW or R-120SW at these levels?

Best Regards.
You really need a subwoofer for a HT! LFE channel contains information that you lose without subwoofer.

I set up my AVR's "Movie Scene" to -40dB at default (it's around -30dB on Denon/Marantz), because most of the time that's enough for us (sometimes -35). I only use -20-35 to test my system. I have two R-112SW, but I had R-12SW - predecessor of R-120SW and that was not bad. It could gave me the real "movie feeling"! A better speaker/subwoofer sounds better and not just on high, but on low volume too! A bigger woofer (10 vs 12) mostly can go deeper, which is essential. In this case - R-100SW/R-120SW - the difference only 3Hz on paper and some more output power, so not much, like the pricing. You can go with the smaller, but you really should get a subwoofer.

DOLBY ATMOS 5.2.4 - Yamaha RX-A2080 - Klipsch RP-280F - RP-450C - RP-250S - RP-140SA - R-112SW - SVS SB12-NSD - LG OLED 55B7 - HiMedia Q30 - Xbox One X SE

Last edited by Renatto; 09-27-2019 at 12:27 AM.
post #58368 of 58486 Old 09-27-2019, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky action View Post
Hi all. I'm trying to sell locally my circa-2008 Klipsch 5.1 setup to downsize/upgrade to a higher-end, more minimal 2.1 setup. I am having trouble pricing out the components. Can anyone give me a reasonable ball park fair market value for the following components:

2 Ref IV 52 Floor Standing Speakers
Ref IV RC 52 Center Speaker
Ref IV RS 52 Surrounds
RW10d Sub

Condition is good-very good.

Thank you.
Have you looked at recently closed listings on eBay? That's going to be your best bet for pricing.

If there aren't any, then you should list them for what you want or best offer. Let the haggling begin!

post #58369 of 58486 Old 09-27-2019, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
Have you looked at recently closed listings on eBay? That's going to be your best bet for pricing.

If there aren't any, then you should list them for what you want or best offer. Let the haggling begin!
Hey Tom. Yes, I listed them based off of Ebay prices but have gotten exactly zero bites. Obviously I need to lower, but also didn't want to sell myself short.

Anyway, I'll re-list incrementally and, like you say, let the haggling begin.

Thanks.
post #58370 of 58486 Old 09-27-2019, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Just wondering...

Anyone try the 504c as LCRset up? Or not worth it as a pr of 8000f is cheaper...

But, if you have 2 big subs and dont need the depth of the 8000f... how would a set up of 3x 504c be? Not sure if the horn verticle or horizontal makes a difference on Klipsch.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #58371 of 58486 Old 09-27-2019, 08:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky action View Post
Hey Tom. Yes, I listed them based off of Ebay prices but have gotten exactly zero bites. Obviously I need to lower, but also didn't want to sell myself short.

Anyway, I'll re-list incrementally and, like you say, let the haggling begin.

Thanks.
I’ve never had much luck with eBay and selling speakers. I always list them on a local classifieds site, on this site, and on Craigslist, and one of them typically gets them sold.

post #58372 of 58486 Old 09-27-2019, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4x View Post
Just wondering...

Anyone try the 504c as LCRset up? Or not worth it as a pr of 8000f is cheaper...

But, if you have 2 big subs and dont need the depth of the 8000f... how would a set up of 3x 504c be? Not sure if the horn verticle or horizontal makes a difference on Klipsch.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Hmmm, I’m not sure. Technically, the horn would be configured the same, it would be the drivers that are in a horizontal array instead of vertical. Hey, it you want to try it, let us know how it works.

post #58373 of 58486 Old 09-28-2019, 03:00 AM

Quote:

1. I had some time yesterday and I tried again, how it's sounds best for me (1 or 2 MLP). With more toe-in the sound more smooth from side to side, so from front left to center and from center to right.
A. With direct line to the MLP, it's too much, because if you don't sit exactly there you can hear the sound just from the closer front. You can try this if sit at MLP and lean your head L/R.
B. With less toe-in you will hear "too long" left/right sounds and maybe you can hear a "hole/gap" when the center gives the sound to the sides. You can hear slightly the change from speaker to speaker.
So I think - for 1-2 listener - the previously mentioned aimed to the shoulder is the best for start. After some movies maybe you want bigger stage (less toe-in), but it depends on You.

2. I had R-28F's with front firing port, just because I wanted to push them to the wall. Unfortunately I had to move them away from walls as a back firing ported. If you cut them at 80Hz that could be good, but for music with Pure mode (use as large, full band) the bass will be boomy (too much, too long, and not clear). My RP-280F's are between 1-2 feet away now (all walls), and under 1 feet it was not good.

3. Previously had R-12SW for 2 years (predecessor R-120SW) and an SVS SB-12NSD (sealed) and after that, now I have 2 R-112SW (predecessor of SPL-120). The SPL 100/120 is much more better than the R-100/120. The SVS was good, but the ported Klipsch gave me the "full movie feeling" especially at action movies, even I use them on low volume. Sometimes I thinking to try 2 SVS SB-1000, but they are more expensive and maybe I get less. And now the whole set looks great, so I really don't want to break this... So for You, if you don't care if you lose some details, you can go with the R-100/120, for more money you get more details and power with the SPL line. At price match (SPL / SVS or bit more for SVS) I would go with the SVS SB1000 (sealed) / PB1000 (ported). Unfortunately in my country can't get HSU, so I can't talk about that.

4. Couch on the wall is always bad, you lose almost all "back sounds". Try to get at least 1 feet away, that will grant you much more surround sound.
Tom Riddle likes this.

Last edited by Renatto; 09-28-2019 at 03:05 AM.
post #58374 of 58486 Old 09-28-2019, 11:20 AM

Thanks for the thorough response. Will consider the SPL 100. Yes a little toe in may make a difference, though my installer advised against it for better soundstage. He said just leave it standing upright. My listening position is about 7 to 8 feet away from my centre channel. Just experimenting with distances of speakers now to get the best feel. I read that the distance between front speakers should be 83% of the distance between the speakers and the main listening position. Is the MLP 83% of the distance measured diagonally between the front speakers and my main listening position? OR 83% of the distance between my MLP and my centre channel so not measured diagonally between front speakers and me but take 83% of the straight distance and my centre. Somehow i feel the speakers being closer by the sides of my console gives me a better feel. Hope to get some advise.
post #58375 of 58486 Old 09-28-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the thorough response. Will consider the SPL 100. Yes a little toe in may make a difference, though my installer advised against it for better soundstage. He said just leave it standing upright. My listening position is about 7 to 8 feet away from my centre channel. Just experimenting with distances of speakers now to get the best feel. I read that the distance between front speakers should be 83% of the distance between the speakers and the main listening position. Is the MLP 83% of the distance measured diagonally between the front speakers and my main listening position? OR 83% of the distance between my MLP and my centre channel so not measured diagonally between front speakers and me but take 83% of the straight distance and my centre. Somehow i feel the speakers being closer by the sides of my console gives me a better feel. Hope to get some advise.
The dolby recommendation is 22-30' for the front speakers and if we stick to the 30 (for easy calculation) then you get 60' for the two fronts which means this must be an equilateral triangle between the two fronts and the MLP. I sit a bit more than 7 feet from the center speaker and the Yamaha AVR calibrated my fronts for 29' wide. If you want more stage you can put them more wide and/or less toe-in. These are depends on your taste, so you have to figure out what's the best for you. Good Luck!

PS: I think you sit too close to the speakers to leave them standing upright. I'm pretty sure it's the best for more listeners and rows in bigger theatre rooms like 15-20 feet away, but it's not the case. So I recommend to try toe-in the front speakers.
Tom Riddle likes this.

Last edited by Renatto; 09-28-2019 at 03:56 PM.
post #58376 of 58486 Old 09-28-2019, 01:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If you google "Dolby Speaker Placement Guideline", you can see their recommended speaker placements. With that said, these placements are based on an ideal or perfect room. There are very few of us here that have one, so speakers closer to walls, surrounds close to back walls, and many other issues are going to come up. If you have the ability to move your room around to match the specs, that would fix all the issues previously mentioned. Another thing to consider is treating your room, if you are able to. There are many companies out there (I have both Acoustimac and GIK panels) with several options. Some will fit nicely in a living room and you can even get them with decorative patterns that look like artwork.

post #58377 of 58486 Old 09-28-2019, 05:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 2330 Post(s)
Liked: 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post
Klipsch needs some new colors for their speakers.Ebony and Walnut are boring so I'm going with gloss black but wish they had a dark cherry or dark blue gloss.
You can always paint them the color of your choice!
mattg3 and Tom Riddle like this.

Theater room: Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Outlaw Audio 976 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panny 60 inch | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Axiom Audio M60/VP150/QS8
post #58378 of 58486 Old 09-29-2019, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
If you google "Dolby Speaker Placement Guideline", you can see their recommended speaker placements. With that said, these placements are based on an ideal or perfect room. There are very few of us here that have one, so speakers closer to walls, surrounds close to back walls, and many other issues are going to come up. If you have the ability to move your room around to match the specs, that would fix all the issues previously mentioned. Another thing to consider is treating your room, if you are able to. There are many companies out there (I have both Acoustimac and GIK panels) with several options. Some will fit nicely in a living room and you can even get them with decorative patterns that look like artwork.
Thanks will check out the placement guide . I have been just shifting my speakers forward than toe in, and then nearer then further apart, then tried to do toe in and forward firing as I manipulate the distances and measure each time, the placement distances playing songs each time I do the move. All I got out of it, is an angry wife and lots more confusion.

This experimentation sure takes a toll. Especially when toeing it is hard to measure exact distance cause of the angle. I have now have speakers 10 inches from the back wall. That is the best I can manage. The vocals seem a lot more fuller now, at the expense of losing some space. The thing I am trying to achieve is the soundstage. To hear the separation of details from the front left and right speakers for music. Sometimes a little toe in does the trick and sometimes front firing, when speakers are little closer to each other. Still have not landed on the exact place yet. But will keep trying as long my wife doesn't chase me out
Tom Riddle likes this.
post #58379 of 58486 Old 09-30-2019, 05:30 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Need advice on surround speakers

Hi All I could use some advice on surround speakers upgrade. I have 7.3.4 setup

Fronts are RP260F
Center is RP404C (will have to upgrade in the future)
Surrounds are Def Tech 800 promonitors
Backs are Def Tech BP8060s
Front Atmos R-41s
Rear Height Polk SC60i in ceiling speakers (love those)

The surrounds are weak and sounds anemic regardless of how many dBs I pump through them (Anthem MRX720) I would I like to replace them and was thinking of RP502s but keep reading that Bi Pole or Die Pole are not recommended for Atmos.

What do you guys think? Any other budget friendly recommendation please?

Last edited by abbasi; 09-30-2019 at 05:34 AM.
post #58380 of 58486 Old 09-30-2019, 06:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks will check out the placement guide . I have been just shifting my speakers forward than toe in, and then nearer then further apart, then tried to do toe in and forward firing as I manipulate the distances and measure each time, the placement distances playing songs each time I do the move. All I got out of it, is an angry wife and lots more confusion.

This experimentation sure takes a toll. Especially when toeing it is hard to measure exact distance cause of the angle. I have now have speakers 10 inches from the back wall. That is the best I can manage. The vocals seem a lot more fuller now, at the expense of losing some space. The thing I am trying to achieve is the soundstage. To hear the separation of details from the front left and right speakers for music. Sometimes a little toe in does the trick and sometimes front firing, when speakers are little closer to each other. Still have not landed on the exact place yet. But will keep trying as long my wife doesn't chase me out
Don’t drive yourself insane. Just find something you like and stick with it. My best suggestion would to leave the, toed in and listen for a week or so to see how you like it. If you’re not sold, then move them to front firing and do the same.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page